Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:16 pm
Hi, my name is Cosette Aurelie Prewitt

I'm a female

I'm 17 years old.

This is my seventh year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Slytherin

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a perfect, prim young lady. The truth is though, that's mostly a mask. Deep down, I'm a calculating, cunning strategist. I am almost always planning, watching everyone carefully, learning their fears and secrets. If you do anything to annoy me, I'll spend a long time plotting, then use what I know to get you when you least expect it.

xxxxxxxSince my return from Egypt, I've become much more prone to hysteria. I've been shattered by my poor sister's state, and blame myself entirely for it. I see myself as a monster, now, disgusting and dangerous.

My background story is I am from a pure-blood family, a fact that I am extremely proud of. Those filthy muggle-borns are over-running Hogwarts... Ahem. Forgive me, I got sidetracked. Where was I...oh yes. My father is from the Prewitt family—though he's different from the rest of those muggle-loving idiots—while my mother is of the Lestrange family. They instilled in me a sense of family pride, and how best to use people to my advantage. Some might say I was spoiled, but I disagree. I was simply...well loved by my family. I have a sister, four years younger than me, who follows me around like a duckling...I'm going to miss her while I'm at Hogwarts.

xxxxxSecond Year: My first year was interesting. I made several friends among my house-mates, and discovered a previously unknown skill in Herbology. I spend part of this summer learning more about gardening with my Aunt. The rest was spent on a family trip to France--supposedly to visit some cousins, but mainly because Mother wanted to see the new fashions herself, and decided that the rest of us should come along. As a result, I can now speak passable French. I also got several new china dolls and a new chess set for my birthday...I wonder if I can find anyone to play against?

xxxxxMissed Years (3-mid 4): ((Yes, I'm aware it's in third person)) Towards the end of her second year at Hogwarts, Cosette's father was sent to Egypt to help deal with some small local uprisings. His family, like those of others sent on the trip, came along. You see, everyone expected that hings would blow over quickly, and so going to Egypt would be a good learning experience, right? Wrong.

xxxxxxxThe uprisings began escalating a few months after the British wizards came. The locals resented the outsiders, and things began getting worse and worse, until finally things erupted in an all out civil war. Their ministry closed off the country in lockdown, not allowing any one in or out without permission, so that the rebels couldn't get outside help. Unfortunately, this meant that the British families had to go through a lot of red tape to get out too. There was a flood of people going to the ministry, desperate to escape. The Prewitts were content to wait, still believing that things would blow over, and sure that they were safe where they were staying.

xxxxxxxAs it turned out, they were wrong. One morning, about six months before current Hogwarts time, a package was delivered to them, addressed to Cosette, supposedly from her aunt. She opened it to find a new doll. When she touched it, she learned the hard way that it was cursed (more about that later). Luckily, a local witch, and expert in Egyptian magic, ((the kind that curse-breakers like Bill Weasley deal with)) who Isabella had become friends, with was visiting. She managed to identify the curse as a local brew, and was able to seal it before it could fully take over the girl.

xxxxxxxAfter this, the family immediately began pushing harder for permission to leave. About half a month before the next Hogwarts year began (what would be her fifth), they were at the ministry/embassy place to get their visas, when it was attacked. Cosette and Iolanthe took shelter behind a desk, while their mother and father fought. When one spell jolted the desk, Iolanthe lost one of her stuffed animals (which, it should be remembered, she treasures as much as Cosette treasures her dolls), and ran to get it. In the crossfire, she was hit by some unidentified spell, or maybe more than one, and collapsed. Cosette lost control, evil curse thing took over, and she protected her sister's body until their mother hit her with a stunning spell, pulling them over to the nearest fireplace and bringing all of them to St. Mungo's. Cosette and Io were immediately hospitalized, Io still comatose and Cosette stunned unconsious, and, when she woke up, half hysterical. Cosette was made to meet with a therapist, who decided that a regular schedule would do her good and suggested that the family send her back to Hogwarts, where she is now.

xxxxxFifth Year: The first night, after the banquet, Cosette grew very angry with one of the first years, and barely avoided an attack before entering the common room. There, a worried Dante Prince and Charon Gaunt tried asking her what was wrong, and one touched her right shoulder. This sent her into a panic, causing her to coldly demand that they leave her alone, before running to the hospital wing where she had an attack until the head Nurse gave her a calming potion. She later explained to the boys what had happened to Iolanthe, using it as an excuse for her behavior, though she still didn't tell them about the curse.

xxxxxSixth Year: Cosette spent the whole summer with Io, her sanity dripping away. At school, she generally avoided everyone, but went on a walk through the forest with Charon that lifted her spirits slightly. At the end of year banquet, she became convinced that Dante is furious with her and hates her.

xxxxxSeventh Year (Summer): Charon learned her secret when, during one of his visits to the hospital, she accidentally almost strangled him.

I enjoy planning, watching, chess, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts (Dueling in general), reading, china dolls, chocolate, cats, pretending and lying, Herbology, Charms.

I despise Flying (I hate heights), insects, care of magical creatures, the “great outdoors”, rude people, anyone who breaks my dolls, idiots, not getting my way, vulgarity, Potions, Astronomy.

I look like 11-12
13-15

My wand is a 8.5" Mahogany, Dragon Heartstring.

My pet is a cat named Ashes.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My birthday is August 25.

xxxxxSecond Year: I can speak French.

xxxxxMissing Years (3-4): As mentioned above, Cosette spent time in Egpyt. As a result, she now knows Arabic as well. Also, she was the victim of a serious curse. This curse, as it turns out, was intended to control Cosette's actions in a similar fashion to the Imperious curse, only without the need for the caster to constantly be thinking about it, and was supposed to make her killed her family and then herself, in a way that would seem to be mere madness. The seal that the local witch cast contained the curse in Cosette's arm, mainly. As a result, while she can generally use her right arm and hand normally, sometimes it will act on its own in a mostly threatening manner. Also, the seal was imperfect: if Cosette feels any sort of particularly strong emotion, the curse will begin to take over her entirely, though this can be staved off sometimes with sudden pain, or with a calming draught. When she's taken over, it's like she goes into a trance: the only thing that exists for her is destroy. There's no Cosette there, just a need for destruction. When she comes out of the trance, she becomes lightheaded and may faint. The seal is a swirling black tattoo that extends from her right shoulder to her wrist. To hide it, she usually wears long sleeves, now. Also, she speaks Arabic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:56 am
First Year

O || Flying
E || Transfiguration I
O || Potions I
O || Defence Against the Dark Arts I
A || History of Magic I
E || Astronomy I
O || Charms I
E || Herbology I

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:58 am
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:08 pm
Second Year

Transfiguration II
Final Grade: D

Potions II
Final Grade: T

Defence Against the Dark Arts II
Final Grade: A

History of Magic II

Astronomy II

Charms II
Final Grade: O

Herbology II

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 am
((Still working on this, not sure if I'm doing it right!))

Cosette's List of Knowledge

Charms
First Year
Wingardium Leviosa [x]
Lumos [x]
Incendio [x]
Spongify [x]

Second Year
Skurge [x]
Aresto Momentum [x]
Flame-Freezing Charm [x]
Locomotor [x]