Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
Death Note Opinions and Sides! Kira or L? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whose side are you on? Kira or L?
Kira
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
L/Ryuzaki/Lawliet
74%
 74%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 63

World_of_Randomx7
Captain

Dapper Businesswoman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:36 pm
Whose side are you on? Are you on Kira's (Light/Raito) side or are you on L's side?

In your opinion, whose form of "justice" is right?

Do you think that killing criminals is wrong or right? If right, why do they deserve to die? If wrong, why is it wrong? Justify your answer!

-You can answer one of these questions, or you can answer all of them, but be sure to label them to make it easier for people to understand. Also, you MUST tell which side you are on when responding. Don't forget to vote, too! It's just fun to vote for things.

Small prizes for best answer on each side. Only one can win for Kira and one for L! Make your answers good!
The prize is 500 gold. It isn't much, but that's the least I can do. Have fun!

~The Captain, Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm
L's side for sure 3nodding
L side of justice is rite cos killing criminals is a wrong thing to do especially if its killing them in the way Kira is. Criminals have done wrong things however every human being should have the opportunity to change and compensate for what they have done. Kira's actions are just as bad as those criminals because he himself is over using the power that he has obtained to act as god but what makes him have the right to be god, the death of someone shouldn't be judged by one persons bias opinion but instead use the justice and law system to make a fair and reasonable punishment fitting for their crimes. Even criminals are human beings even though they maybe are bad people but killing them means your just as bad. THEREFORE I'm on L's side. blaugh  

Chubby_Luver

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:56 pm
I am on L's MOSTLY legal side.

L's justice, while unorthodox, was to stop mass murder. Light is basically the anime version of Hitler only he kills criminals who are already being punished. Double Jeopardy at it's most extreme. Light torture investigations while unorthodox are better than having anime Hitler Kira continue his slaughter that includes innocent people as well. Anime Hitler Kira is power hungry just like any dictator which is what he wants to be. He may say "God" but he wants to rule the world. That equals dictator in my book. L was willing to die (and did) the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE to stop that from happening.

I do not support the death penalty because rotting in jail and having how horrible the thing you did set into your mind and eat you with guilt is just desserts to me. The death penalty is the easy way out compared to that. Plus the death penalty, while legal, is murder itself if you think about it. The Death Note = the death penalty. Simple as that. Also if you look back at this I said the death penalty while legal is murder. The Death Note is an ILLEGAL form of the death penalty therefore in the eyes of the law saying it is is not a valid legal excuse. Light is a mass murdering criminal who deserves to be locked away to rot as they play the tapes of the people recorded that he killed over and over. Turnabout is fair play.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:43 am
Kira, because our justice system does have holes in it. The fact that killers, rapists, psychopaths can get away from jail time because of a technicality in our system of justice. Light wanted to create a new world where that didn't happen, where the victims and their family get closure because justice will be brought to the person who wronged them. Light sacrificed everything to make a great world for his fellow man. Yes, maybe he was overrun with the power he had and started to think of himself as a god. So maybe the power he had, shouldn't have been confined to one man or woman, because that much power in one person's hands can drive them crazy. If that power of judgment was shared, It could be controlled, users would think rationally, and only used in the sense of justice. If that power was controlled, people wouldn't have to feel like the world we live in is such a scary place. They would be safe, and they would feel safe. And because of that, we would be happier people, with one less thing to worry about. ninja  

JokerStupid444

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

S90

2,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 am
I rather say neither but Kira has my vote. I choose neither because i love Kira's cause but L's since of justice brings stability to the whole world. If i had a Death Note (i do) i would be killing criminals like George Bush and other criminals. But with since enough not to do it as spontanious as Kira. That way there would be stability. Kira's cause was pure and my cause is pure. But once i created a world with no crime, no war, and no dirty polititians. The world would be pure. and L dont get in my way. I know ur cause is pure. But this goes for Kira too. If either one of ya get in my way. yall both will be dead. (scary laugh) lol. jp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 am
I am on L's side. He seems a lot more intelligent, and his personality is closer to mine. Plus, it makes me sick how Light just thinks he's so perfect and he can lie to/use anyone he wants without consequences. I hate that mad
L is better by far. He is so quirky, somewhat childish, and he has odd obsessions just like I do. Autism rules! mrgreen

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Faraam Knight

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 pm
L because though people make mistakes in the end light was just like all the other criminals he no longer belived in doing what was right he became mad with power and killed many inoccent lives so he could becmoe "god" however i belive in his casue he lost his way and in the end was just another serial killer justice has ways of balancing itself out murder is murder no matter the cause. L was right when he said "kira is childish and hates to lose" because Light was childish for thinking "ehy i could be god" but hsi form of justice was all wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:37 pm
L will probably win!~<3
XD  

o0o_Final_Fantasy_o0o
Crew

DeathNotesC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 pm
I voted for L!

I can't understand how anyone could say that killing criminals is Justice. You write their name for whatever it was they did, they die, you become a murderer. It's just a stupid, endless circle of violence. I hesitate i saying pointless violence because people are sometimes seemingly deserving of the death penalty.

However, wiping these people out is just supporting their evil acts. You're teaching a killer the lesson 'don't kill people' by killing him? Ridiculous.

Are you able to call it true Justice if it's murder for the 'greater good?' I honestly don't think so. After all, when you start eliminating criminals to create a 'happy, peaceful world full of good people,' are those people really good, or just ruled by fear? If fear is the root of all evil and the opposite of Justice, Kira (fear) is also the opposite of Justice.

I'm not saying that we should just let criminals walk. They had their chance to follow the law, and it was their choice to break it. But that's that they're in jail for. When Kira starts attacking people in jail, it's just pointless. He's being "justice" while these guys are already paying their debt to society. It just gets worse when he gets the officers and other people who are also trying to rid the world of evil. But the difference between Kira and L is that L is LAWFUL Justice. Everything is legal, fair, and it makes sense.

My last point is, who really wants to leave the fate of the world in the hands of a high school/college boy? Really? Could you make a worse decision? No offense.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:10 pm
I'm on L's side, of course... The name sort of suggests it, no?

I think that yes, it is wrong, because everyone deserves a second chance. Just because someone gets a notebook that gives them the ability to kill someone does not give you the right to exercise it. It makes you just as bad as the criminal themselves, if you use it to kill. But, I understand why he did it. He wanted to create a safe world for his family, and not have his dad working so hard. But again, it was not his, well, I can't quite explain it, but whatever you had to have to do that, he didn't have it.

Why I'm on L's side:
It's mainly because there is no such thing as a pure, perfect world, there'll always be the human element to screw it up. L's just protecting the world from people who choose to break the law. Besides, Light only really is killing the people he thinks deserves it.... Emphasis on he.  

L_Lawliet_fangirl665

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100

Shot InTheFace

Dapper Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:21 pm
Though I totally love L, I have to side with Light on killing criminals. I agree everyone should have a second chance, but if you're dumb enough to commit a crime then you should face the consequences; be it death or other forms of toture. But hey that's just my opionion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm
L's side!!! it's just a shame
that he died crying  

nothere0

Invisible Regular

Poisonharlequin

Desirable Bloodsucker

8,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:03 am
l its l for life never gonna change 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 4laugh 4laugh whee wink whee 4laugh 4laugh 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:42 am
Kira was wrong, not because of his motives but because of his want of power. He got sidetracked from his want to make the world a better place to wanting to be 'a God of the new world'. If Light had kept his dream true then I would be torn between the two.
Light turned from wanting to help the weak to wanting power.  

Sain After Dark

SilverBowAndArrow

6,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:42 pm
Personally its not who has the right thought of justice but the fact L is just better than Light  
Death Note Guild Main Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff