Pokemon Black and White: More Videos + Triple Battles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 am
Opening Title
Double Battles in the Wild (Yep, now you can simultaneously fight 2 wild Pokemon in certain areas of the game)
VS Trainer: Triple Battle (Takes a little getting used to, but now you can simultaneously fight three Pokemon at once. More on this below)

The following videos may contain spoilers:
Zekrom Enters
Reshiram Enters

I wasn't sure if the legendary Pokemon's entrance cutscenes were spoilers or not since they contain no dialogue but I'd advise you not to watch them if you like discovering the game's storyline yourself first-hand. Also, they are in full 3D and look really awesome.

As promised, here's the mechanism for Triple Battles explained:

1. Normal Triple Battle

Your opponent sends out three Pokemon and so do you. Whenever a Pokemon attacks, it can only attack either the Pokmon directly in front of it, or any Pokemon adjacent to it. For example...

A B C (Opponent's Pokemon)

D E F (Your Pokemon)

Pokemon D can only attack Pokemon A or B
Pokemon E can attack Pokemon A, B, or C
Pokemon F can only attack Pokemon B or C

You can switch your Pokemon's positions, but that will take up one turn for that Pokemon.

2. Rotation Triple Battle

Again, you opponent sends out three Pokemon and you follow suit. This time, only one Pokemon is active on both sides. This Pokemon can only attack the other side's active Pokemon.

During your turn, you can choose to attack normally, or to rotate. When you choose to rotate, the Pokemon will not rotate just yet, as you will be allowed to choose an attack for that Pokemon too. Once that is done, your Pokemon will rotate and attack in the same turn. Rotations always occur before any attacks, so this gives a slight difference to just switching out your Pokemon.

(The clip I recorded was a standard triple battle, not a rotation triple battle)

Also, triple battles are quite rare. I've just completed the Elite Four and have so far only encountered one rotation triple battle that was compulsory. I'm sure there are a lot more to find elsewhere...

Note about wild double battles:

When you fight two Pokemon in the wild, you can only capture one. Pokeballs can only be used after one of them has fainted.

Other Random Notes:

-TMs are now infinite use
-Some normal trainers can use Full Restores
-Some bosses have up to three Full Restores
-Pokemon Centers have undergone a merger with PokeMarts
-You can now trade or battle without having to run all the way to the nearest Pokemon Center's Union Room
-Pokemon Black and White each get their own exclusive area on the map
-You cannot trade Pokemon with fourth generation carts or below, but you can transfer Pokemon from fourth generation carts onto Black or White in a one-way process
-Pokemon contests have been replaced by musical shows
-You cannot encounter any Pokemon from previous generations until after the Elite Four
-The first Pokemon in your party no longer follows you around like in Heart Gold or Soul Silver  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:16 pm
********. As usual they changed nearly nothing.
No following? Oh, GREAT. That's just what I wanted. They would take features away XD So much for the 'Walker...
No TRADING WITH PREVIOUS? Lame.
Norms use Full Restores? LAME XD
INFINITE TMS? OH HELL YEAH.
Wild double battles? That's gonna be irritating.
Musical shows? What. XD  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm
The musicals are nothing. Really. Dress up your Pokemon, they dance, the end. If they have an item in their hands they can use it during the performance by twisting it/throwing it to the audience. No ribbons or anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1

Well, the old carts don't have the data for the new Pokemon programmed in them (because those Pokemon weren't invented when the fourth gen titles were released), so naturally you couldn't send a new Pokemon over to them because they won't recognise the data. (Just like the trading limits in Gold vs Red)

ps. Nice signature image ^_^  

Michi is a cat

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:51 pm
Michi Kobayashi
I_love_Inuyasha1

Well, the old carts don't have the data for the new Pokemon programmed in them (because those Pokemon weren't invented when the fourth gen titles were released), so naturally you couldn't send a new Pokemon over to them because they won't recognise the data. (Just like the trading limits in Gold vs Red)

Yeah... I know XD I just don't want to move all my old HG to Black. The one-way things bother me.

Thanks. Mizu did the trainer and I did the Dragonite edit XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:45 pm
Michi Kobayashi
I_love_Inuyasha1

So use a time traveling machine like Red did with Gold.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm
But i want Chomper (my Garchomp) to follow me damnnit >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 pm
Now the NORMAL Mook trainers are using Full Restores???

What the hell. I'm gonna have to work on dealing one-hit blows even more. Strike For Massive Damage, even.

I've already noticed that Higher up Opponents like the Gym Leaders in HG/SS have used more than one Hp-topping restorative before B/W.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:05 pm
Meta_Fish

They have something called the "Pokemon Shifter", which is sorta like a time-capsule, but that was the aforementioned one-way thing.

TtheHero

Actually I'm not too sure... I think it's very rare for normal trainers, but your rivals can definitely use Full Restores. All three of your rivals.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:34 pm
Michi Kobayashi
Meta_Fish

They have something called the "Pokemon Shifter", which is sorta like a time-capsule, but that was the aforementioned one-way thing.

TtheHero

Actually I'm not too sure... I think it's very rare for normal trainers, but your rivals can definitely use Full Restores. All three of your rivals.

PokeShifter is different in the fact that
no limits. 6 at a time, but as many times as you want in a day.

About full restores, gym leaders, your friends, other bosses and Red-esque in the sense that they're post game super hard trainers use them.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:42 am
Bass Beatdown
Michi Kobayashi
Meta_Fish

TtheHero

About full restores, gym leaders, your friends, other bosses and Red-esque in the sense that they're post game super hard trainers use them.

PokeShifter Spoiler makes me happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:27 pm
Rad Electropow
Bass Beatdown
Michi Kobayashi
Meta_Fish

TtheHero

PokeShifter Spoiler makes me happy.
Also [semi spoiler kinda]It's a crossbow and you need to shoot arrows at your Pokemon to catch them to get them into your game.[/semi spoiler kinda]  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:01 am
Epic update is epic.
O.o

*can't wait, but is starting to think it's a bit much with the new features*

But... I likes muh Silver version... I dun wanna upload my Pokies and not be able to send them back to Silver...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:58 am
Then I'd think the Pokeshifter is a bit painful for Pokemon.

When I saw the beginning parts of the opening sequence, I thought I was watching something from the Fire Emblem games! XD  

Tanzama -CCV-

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:41 pm
POKEMON:
The musical

llllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrrzrzr!!!!!!11!!1!!  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games