LATENCYPOTENCY
❂❂❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂
LUST (WIND) ❦ SLOTH (EARTH)
❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂
GREED (WATER) ❦ WRATH (FIRE)
❂❂❂❂❂ ❂❂❂❂❂
PRIDE (LIGHT) ❦ ENVY (SHADOW)
❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

This journal is for Rabid Ice Weasel and her Plague, Fillin-- please do not post here without her permission!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:13 pm
User Image

c o n t e n t s

index
rules & happenings
the keeper
the plague
personal history
item history
relationships
the homestead
the gallery
belongings
growth
reserved
credits

bobaTJ

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:17 pm
User Image

r u l e s
please ask permission before posting if not staff
all posts must be in ic format
all guild and shop rules apply
obey gaia tos

h a p p e n i n g s
03/26/11 meta begins, challenges set
02/03/11 Fillin grows
10/06/10 journal completed
10/05/10 Fillin won in autumn event  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 pm
User Image

User Image

n a m e. Shati Pac (SHA-tee PAAK)
[ "Pac" is not a surname as such- Ta'axta is closer ]

g e n d e r. female
a g e. 24

r e g i o n. Imisus
o r i g i n. Ta'axta tribe, Uque [ a small tribe in the upper portion of Uque ]
a l l i a n c e. The Council of Sciences
p o s i t i o n. student
o c c u p a t i o n. farmer/merchant

s k i n. deep tan
h a i r. black, curly
e y e s. dark brown, almond-shaped
h e i g h t. 5' 8"
b u i l d. average, tall and sinewy
c l o t h i n g. natural colors, generally no corset or bustier, often an apron tied around the waist

l i k e s. nature, all creatures, storms, kindness, working with her hands
d i s l i k e s. ignorance, dependence, peril, others in pain or suffering
s k i l l s. sewing, basket weaving, smithing, growing & cultivation

f a m i l y. [ located in Uque ]
father - Tavi [56]
mother - Shi'atta Lo [48]
elder sister - Xba Lo [28]
younger sister - Halan [17]
younger sister - In'atta [11]

f o n t.
saddlebrown  

bobaTJ

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:20 pm
User Image

User Image

n a m e. Fillin
[ "little wolf" ]

n i c k n a m e s. Little One
g e n d e r. male

a l i g n m e n t. caedos [evil]
i n f l u e n c e. bat
s t a g e. excito

b u i l d. petite, lean
c l o t h i n g. dark vs. bright, as covered as possible, fur preferred

l i k e s. food, nighttime, observing, small dark spaces
d i s l i k e s. being chased, bright light, being denied

f o n t.
#df9000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:22 pm
User Image

t w e n t y - f o u r -y e a r s

In her tribe, Shati was often told to have an old soul, and one fit to wander. Even as a child, her parents knew that she would not be staying within their borders for long. She was raised as any old-fashioned Uquese, learning to work with her hands, sew and care for the land. It was she, her parents, grandmother and three sisters living together in a mid-sized cabin among the others of the tribe. The elders spoke often of the spirits of the land and of the home, while those younger were set to caring for the tribe's children, crops and shelter. Childhood found Shati often traveling off to explore on her own, and brought home for punishment from her worried parents. She did not much mind the washing and scrubbing she was set to do, as it left her time to think about what she had seen and learned on her adventures. As she grew, she was drawn to the stories the elders told of mystical beasts and far-off lands full of gold and danger. It was these tales that occupied her mind as she did her chores, her imagination wandering to these places as her hands worked mechanically. Some worried for the child's health, and others called it a phase, but Shati's parents knew better; even at the tender age of 12, she was preparing to leave them.

In her 16th year, the girl decided that it was time to leave the tribe. Armed with only a bag of clothing and a handful of coins, she rode in the back of a merchant's cart to the capital. She assisted this man in selling his wares (mostly jewelry and fabrics) and in return was taught of how to gain passage to lands unseen. The young girl's world had turned from a landlocked area of perhaps 12 acres, to possibilities stretching across paved roads and open seas. Shati's first two days in the capital were spent trying to find work and board, and she was met with her first real doubt. Sleeping cold on the cobbles can make even seasoned travelers wonder what they had done, but Shati was only a child and was brought to tears. The second day she ran across a wary blacksmith and nearly dropped to her knees to beg for work. She began shoeing horses and pulling cooled metal from cold water baths, but soon proved her worth and began to form metal, heat and shape it. It was difficult and often unpleasant work; a female apprentice is not generally seen as worth a male, and even her employer often tasked her with "feminine" duties like scrubbing the floors. It took two years living in a small back room for Shati to afford passage. She again found a merchant willing to carry her in return for work, and within weeks the teen was set into the ocean on a crowded ship, full of other immigrants.

The trip itself was happily devoid of any real illness save seasickness and a cold that spread between children. Shati spent much of her time exploring the decks (to the displeasure of the crew) or listening to the stories others had to tell. Upon reaching Panymium, she discovered work much easier to find, but communication much more difficult. This was also her first experience with the Black Plague. Although she did not speak the language, Shati found a small apartment two above a bakery and traveled each day deeper into the city to work a menial factory job. She found the surroundings unpleasant, but the work simple for her past in smithing, and what money she earned (that did not go to food or rent) was squirreled away to save for a better future. It took three years of hard work and side jobs for Shati to be satisfied with her savings, and in her 21st year she purchased three acres of land within Imisus and began returning to a simpler life. Within another year, the now young woman left her factory work in exchange for a small farm. She sells dairy products, eggs, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and the occasional bread and baked goods to the wealthy, and for lowered prices to the poor. The income is not steady or exceptional, and so much of the food Shati grows returns to her own kitchen, but she is pleased with this more simple way of life in such a bustling region.

bobaTJ

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:23 pm
User Image

h o w -i t -b e g a n...

Bats are protectors as much as they are frightening, eating all manner of flying insects that carry pestilence in their bellies. It was more pleasant than anything else, then, for Shati to find a bat taking up residence on her property. It lived in a half-hollowed tree, and she had watched it swooping and spinning in the air many nights as it fed. It was in the second week or so when she decided that she wanted the beast to stay. She came outside with a handful of bruised strawberries and left them in the tree for the bat, who was likely asleep. The next morning they were gone, and so she tried again with a little cube of beef and half-rotten fruit. Again, the food was found gone the next morning. This tradition continued for weeks on end, until the creature would even wake and stare at Shati as she offered food. Sometimes it would reach toward her with a clawed wing, maybe to stretch, and it willingly took food from her fingers. Although the bat was not allowed in her home, she would visit it nightly and bring it near, once offering a blanket for use in its nest. In time, the bat allowed the woman to pet it, to hold it, and a bond was formed between the two that Shati could not explain.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 pm
User Image

t h e -h o u s e

Shati lives in a small, one-floor home built of wood. The main entrance is into a small living room, but a side door leads to the kitchen to the north-west. To the immediate right are the stairs to the attic, and forward and right is a hallway leading into the back yard and a guest room on the left, and the basement stairs and bedroom on the right. The attic is mostly for storage and lined with boxes, but the basement is a workspace and food storage area with a storm door leading to the back yard.

t h e -f a r m

The property is three acres, and used for a variety of purposes. Immediately outside the house is a yard made for lounging with a single bench and a butter churn and barrel; about a half-acre of land is allotted. Beyond that is the pasture with a barn to the east and a chicken coop beside. To the west is the vegetable patch, taking up the remaining acre and a half, and the final half acre is for the small orchard.

t h e -a n i m a l s / p r o d u c e

↪ 1 cat- Kitty
↪ 3 chickens- all female
↪ 2 sheep- Mavis & Winnifred
↪ 3 cows- Lily, Iris, & Rose

↪ Spring: onions, carrots, lettuce, turnips, mint, cherries
↪ Summer: corn, herbs, apples, blueberries, blackberries
↪ Autumn: cabbage, green beans, pumpkins, pears, raspberries
↪ Winter: sweet potatoes, cauliflower
↪ Year-Round: preserves, jams, dried herbs, etc.

bobaTJ

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:27 pm
User Image

O f f i c i a l
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

S h a t i
User Image

O t h e r

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 pm
User Image

n o n e -y e t