Submit

Little Miss Fortune

Witty Noob

18,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 pm
If Gaia made it so your had the option of having a fat avatar, would you do it? I totally would. My friend Aneyana actually made a fat version of one of my avatars and it's pretty awesome:

User Image

I'd like for my avatar to actually be able to look a little more like the real me ^^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:53 pm
Little Miss Fortune
If Gaia made it so your had the option of having a fat avatar, would you do it? I totally would. My friend Aneyana actually made a fat version of one of my avatars and it's pretty awesome:

User Image

I'd like for my avatar to actually be able to look a little more like the real me ^^

I would definitely like for Gaia to make more robust avatars but I know the majority of users would probably whine about the avatars looking ugly because they're bigger.  

TheNoirGeek

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200

Little Miss Fortune

Witty Noob

18,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:20 pm
Scarlet Ember Kitten
I would definitely like for Gaia to make more robust avatars but I know the majority of users would probably whine about the avatars looking ugly because they're bigger.

So fat = ugly? confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 am
Little Miss Fortune
Scarlet Ember Kitten

So fat = ugly? confused

To the unenlightened, non FA people, unfortunately yes.
It'd be nice to see a range of body types, from thin and tall to short and fat but I imagine it'd be hard for the developers to do.  

LadyEladrin
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am
i'd like it if they made that an option through a potion. the coding would a nightmare, though, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 am
have you considered putting this idea as a petition btw?  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:05 am
The only reason I don't see it happening is the same reason why bigger breasted avatars prob won't happen: They'd have to go back and remake all of the items to be fat if you have a fat avatar. They barely have time to finish what's already wrong with the site. But anyway, it never hurts to make a petition, but check firsat because there might already be one!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:42 pm
Little Miss Fortune

User Image

totally i would love to be a fat gaian  

roxmysox102

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:53 pm
I'd like to be able to switch back and forth (hi, my name's kerminatrix, and i'm a coding nightmare) because my fat avatar would probably look better with some items while my original-recipe avatar would look better with others. I mean, other than having the same hair, my avatar and I don't look alike - when do I run around in a cloak and boots with a bat flying around my head? - so it's not so much a question of realism for me as it is of outfit options.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 pm
Why yes, yes I would.  

cherry god mother

Adventuring Duck

MidnightC

Noble Explorer

16,400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Converter 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:45 pm
Little Miss Fortune

User Image

That's so cute. heart

I'd consider it, if it were possible, but I really don't know if I'd have the confidence. This site has a....generous amount of jerks and trolls, and a fat avatar would just be fodder for them to body-police and fat-shame. Sadly.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am
You know how the items fit differently on the other gender of avatar? Like if the girl wears a simple tank top she has breasts and when the male wears it it's loose and less fitting? It's hard to explain but wouldn't that be kind of the same thing with having a fat avatar? Just like having a different gender avatar it would just fit differently?  

neko noms

Little Miss Fortune

Witty Noob

18,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 am
neko noms
You know how the items fit differently on the other gender of avatar? Like if the girl wears a simple tank top she has breasts and when the male wears it it's loose and less fitting? It's hard to explain but wouldn't that be kind of the same thing with having a fat avatar? Just like having a different gender avatar it would just fit differently?

Yeah, it would probably be like that, where they'd have to create new art for basically every item x__X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 am
Little Miss Fortune
neko noms

Yeah, it would probably be like that, where they'd have to create new art for basically every item x__X

They wouldn't necessarily have to remake it..they'd have to copy and edit the original.  

neko noms

xXEntropic_MalusXx

Greedy Consumer

4,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 pm
I'm fat and proud  
Guild Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items