Welcome to Gaia! ::

Official Wizard101 guild!!!

Back to Guilds

Are you a fan of wizard101? Discuss it here!!! 

Tags: Wizard101, Fantasy, MMORPG, Wizard, Magic 

Reply Official Wizard101 guild!!!
Need help with PvP?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what rank are you in arena pvp at the moment?
private :(
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
corporal :[
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
sergeant :l
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
veteran :3
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
knight >:3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
captain :]
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
commander :)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
warlord :D
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
overlord :P
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

nyancat4life
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:03 pm
Hello fellow gaians and wizards.
here we can exchange ideas for decks and strategies here for those that have a bit of a problem ranking up in pvp. biggrin
and also team up together for group pvps like 2v2  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm
I would at least love to become a corporal =(

I was on the righttrack but then idk what happened! I just kept losing and losing and losing!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Xx_C00kies n Cream_Xx

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Otaku Kaliff

1,900 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:56 am
I have a lot of characters, most of which are privates. I do have a life with the hats, boots, and robe of a commander, but I threw his rank to get up to about 1000 tickets, so that when I do return to warlord status I could get a magma colossus.

I personally don't like pvp with some schools, as it becomes win one lose one for every time, but that just means you have to work and fight harder. Only good strategists with the right decks can successfully pull off a win in 1v1, and teams have to coordinate perfectly to win otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:31 pm
Bleh.. I really love the arena, but I cant get my sh it together.

I'm a Death Wizard and maybe can give some insight as far as what I want to do.

I'm not sure about clothes thanks to Celestia, but I'm thinking Of having tons of blocks from critical. And maybe boost my power pip percentage. If you know some good death clothes for stats, do help.

Btw, Do they take Debit cards? I tried my account card but it didn't work -___-.  

Bloodlust Christian

Reqilon Gonvi

8,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:52 pm
I have fire grandmaster wizard that knows efreet. He is veteran and knight every so often. I has like 1132 tickets. Just waiting to get to commander and buy the robe. If I buy it my spirit will go up and I might win more often I guess. But since I am fire I wait till I got pips and use efreet. Of course I use blades to but not wyldfire unless its against balance. I do use accuracy and kinds accuracy as well as choke to help me when I am about to die. I use fire minions, cause they help get rid of shields and they can heal slightly, then again I never use traps. Worthless. Blades are better. I also use astral spells and lots of healing cards. Use tower shields every now and again. Since ice is second school I always use volcanic shield or thermic shield to block ice and storm. Dragon is good since it is damage over time. Fire cat, fire elf, and sun bird... Just take them out of your deck their a waste. Thats for 1v1 not 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. If you go with someone else you got to build your own strategy as the battle goes on. Once you are captain its real easy, as long as you know how to fight and know the ways of deck construction.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm
Interesting... whee I have never done the ranked arena matches. And your saying the arena clothing is the best clothes due to resists? Meh...

Anyways, Im Death and I basically try to set up a skeletal dragon boosted by a gargantuian. I carry tower, volcano and dream shields. And I place them and my blades while I wait.
If I'm hit too soon I use a boosted wraith and maybe a scarecrow if minion is present.
If I manage to get a hefty chunk of health out of my opponet, I Instantly conjeur a minion and use doom and gloom. depending on how many pips I have.
Sacrifice helps remove feint and I carry the balance polymorph along witht the first spell from star school. (1 reshuffle is carried just in case.)  

Bloodlust Christian

Reqilon Gonvi

8,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:13 pm
yea... tired. need to renew subscribtion soon, hopefully with a gift card or something. My wizard is epic o_O oh and there is a glitch where it looked like my wizard had astral clothing on biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:15 pm
Gagantuan is so awesome, when I equipt it to efreet with all boosts and critical including feint... Well your dead. hit almost 30, 000 biggrin  

Reqilon Gonvi

8,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

nyancat4life
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:19 pm
Yeah, it seems that Death is the hardest to rank up. My advice is to not boost so much blades are good and so is feint, everything else would just be a waste a time and allowing you opponent to deal some heavy damage. I'm a life wizard so i have the easiest job I barely attack what-so-ever, i know shields against every school especially against storm and stun. If your life all you have to do is make sure that your enemies can barely get any hits on you and that you are able to heal when needed. I am almost commander level 54 theurgist smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:30 pm
Stick to your class's strengths those will lead you to victory:

Myth: Earthquake and double hits make shields useless, minions are extremely useful as well to deal extra damage, healing, or traps and blades.

Storm: Overpowered spells, minions that shield you. just make sure you know tower shield and satyr, you need your defenses or you'll die - obviously.

Fire: Over time spells make shields useless and boost for heavy hitters.

Life: Shield up and stay alive in group pvp be sure to have shields at all times, especially against death and storm. And save your pips.

Ice: Many many shields, frostbite, and boost up with blades and charms like giant for heavy hitters.

Death: probably the most difficult class to rank up; strong traps like feint and blades; don't boost so much or you will miss a chance to attack.

Balance: Stick to 1v1 Judgement is annoying all you have to do is know an over time spell like elf to break the tower shields that there is practicly no shield to stop you other than absorbs.  

nyancat4life
Crew

scarlet sunflower

6,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:30 am
meh, I am bad at pvp.
Had to use polymorph to get my level 11 ice to warlord :(  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:35 pm
i really fail at pvp and i rlly want to b a higher rank for the clothes and the tickets, i have a lot of tickets but i dont have anything to do with them cause i still a private :[  

Sarah_ursweetheart

2,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Reqilon Gonvi

8,675 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:41 pm
I am knight and I got the clothes lol. I can help you.  
Official Wizard101 guild!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games