Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Bailey Rae Oliver

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 pm
Hi, my name is Bailey Rae Oliver.

But I mostly go by Bailey or Bails.

I'm a girl, of course.

I'm seventeen years old.

This is my seventh year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Hufflepuff! I know! Surprising, huh?

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm, well...I don't reckon that I'd actually FIT in a nutshell. I'm what you could call a quiet leader. I have the brains and the heart to lead people, but I'm not entirely fond of pushing people around. I wouldn't say I'm shy, but I open up more willingly once you get to know me. I love to lead adventures, exploring comes naturally to me. My curiosity tends to get the best of me, though not always at the best of times. I guess you couldn't exactly put a stereotype on me. I've never been one for groups. I often seek the best in people. Whatever that may be. I guess, in a nutshell, (or an oversized storage unit) I'm a simple girl. Smart, humorous, down to earth, edgy, and adventurous. Don't get me wrong, I've never been one for drama. Though it always seems to find me somehow... Oh well, story of my life I guess. wink

My background story isn't something you can really squeeze into a nutshell, either. Sort of a tight fit... I come from the city of Oxford, just outside of London. My father is a muggle, but more importantly, an alcoholic. My mother is a pureblood witch. Though my dad was okay with that when he found out, (during his honeymoon), it slowly drove him mad. They divorced after a short-lived marriage, and I was left to be raised single handedly by my mum...in a muggle world. Haven't seen much of my dad ever since. Though mum takes much pride in her magic, she thought being muggle raised would make me a stronger person, and her a stronger mum. And a great mum she is, but she's also my best friend, and the only reason I'm still standing here today. I've been taught everything there is to know about my magical gift, and where it comes from, but more importantly I've been taught that life comes first. My mum's always teased me that my brain's too big for my head, but that's because I've got knowledge from both backgrounds. Growing up without a father, you'd think I'd be walking into Hogwarts with pink robes and glitter on my hat, but life works in magical ways. In my younger years I was always more of a tomboy. Though I've grown out of the tennis shoes and baggy t-shirts, I haven't lost touch with my adventurous side. I'm sure as ruddy hell not afraid to get a little dirt under these nails of mine. Yet, I've found that tends to get me in trouble sometimes. Don't take it the wrong way, I've got a good heart, and a massive personality; which I'm ready to bring to Hogwarts this year.

I enjoy watching quidditch (I reckon I'd make a great chaser some day!) and reading in any free time I'm allowed. I would assume my favorite class will be Care of Magical Creatures. Even in the muggle world animals have always been my passion. I haven't quite figured out my complete career path, but I'm sure it will lead me in that direction. As I mention above, I love to get off my bum and explore the endless possibilities of our world. I always enjoy hiking as a child, but hiking with trolls seems a tad bit more exciting. Even if it means venturing off in the middle of the night to take a midnight stroll with threstrals, and ending up grounded for a week without mum teaching me new spells, I just can't pass up the chance. Although I must admit, discovering new things has always put a smile on my face as well. The whole going to class after class, and filling rolls and rolls of parchment with definitions and essay questions has never really caught my eye, but learning, just...learning, seems to spark a fire deep in my subconscious, which keeps me doing my homework to the best of my ability. When I'm not out dancing with dragons that is...

I despise the thought of anyone looking down on someone for who they are. Even with muggles I never much cared for the racism. Just because you look different, or were brought up in a different manner, with different people, doesn't mean you have less potential. I could also care less for the art of divination. I do respect it, but it was never my thing. Above most things, I truly hate drama. All that gossiping and rumors doesn't get you anywhere. Except maybe higher on the popularity food chain, which has never been my top priority. I also dislike when people don't understand their full potential. There's good in the hearts of the darkest demons. It's up to you whether or not you share it. And, not to be forgotten, I also despise pumpkin juice and cockroach clusters.

I look like this.

My wand is a 9 and three quarters holly and phoenix feather.

My pet is a small, black kitten.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm an animagus - or should I say, a clouded leopard? :3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 pm
First Year

A || Flying
T || Transfiguration I
O || Potions I
T || Defence Against the Dark Arts I
T || History of Magic I
T || Astronomy I
P || Charms I
O || Herbology I

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin