Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Looking for Students Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am
monckey77
When I see posters bash on teachers, I see snobs. You people miss the point of a teacher,
Quote:
teach·er   [tee-cher]
noun
a person who teaches or instructs, especially as a profession; instructor.

That does not imply master of all occult, that simply means they wish to TEACH. You do not see a kindergarden grade teacher, teaching university level works.

She's teaching what she knows and the least you people can do is respect that rather than bash her.

Finally, it's the internet, the idea that someone will randomly pm her to get taught is slim to unlikely. (despite that happened to me but thats only because I've been around for a few years and the topic came up so even then, it was almost forced on)

A teacher simply instructs, she doesn't have to teach everything, she could only teach basics from what she knows or even everything of what she knows. The occult is one of the most dynamic methods of learning as it's not strict like math or perhaps English with sentence structures.
When in doubt, a student has google.
Lol thought this sounded like you. But yeah, monkey's right. Excellent little rant here. Some people don't need an inopposable expert, just someone to point them in a direction and give 'em a nudge.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am
XxLuinxX
Yami_No_Requiem

Well, that is kind of silly I think. While I doubt that someone studying on a subject for two and a half years is the best qualified to be a teacher there are plenty of people who are very intelligent who speak a lot. The more I learn the more I like to talk to and help others about and with my knowledge. I think the point of knowledge is to share it, even when it is just budding. I respect anyone who wants to share knowledge. Just don't put down those people who want to help others.

You do realize you are quoting me on something I said nearly 2 years ago... Right?  

Grey Jedi Knight

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:12 am
Yami_No_Requiem
XxLuinxX
Yami_No_Requiem

Well, that is kind of silly I think. While I doubt that someone studying on a subject for two and a half years is the best qualified to be a teacher there are plenty of people who are very intelligent who speak a lot. The more I learn the more I like to talk to and help others about and with my knowledge. I think the point of knowledge is to share it, even when it is just budding. I respect anyone who wants to share knowledge. Just don't put down those people who want to help others.

You do realize you are quoting me on something I said nearly 2 years ago... Right?
woah, good call...I hope your wiser now than you previously were 2 years ago. razz

Cheers!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm
Yami_No_Requiem
XxLuinxX
Yami_No_Requiem

Ahaha. I suppose I did. :3
When a thread has had recent posts I certainly don't look at posting dates. Active topic, your post is there, I quote it. :v  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers