Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
K'A RP? Mizimu, Godess of blood and others Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:54 pm
User Image

Yay! Plot thread is revived. Again smile I'll move things around as I get ideas and the most urgent ones are usually at the top, but feel free to browse.

More info about my guys are in my journal. It's usually pretty updated and should also contain RP links if you've lost something we had going.

This thread is not super updated at the moment and there are some new guys in the journal that I haven't added here yet. They are also up for RP if you want to.

Current spotlights:

User ImageN'Seka is a youth in the K'A and he's fun to play right now smile Family RP, new friends, healers that can force him to take gross herbs... Anything. He has started to show signs of disease but it seems as if the treatment from the healers is helping a lot.

Down the line it might be fun if he was paired off by a matchmaker. He'll grow to adult but will most likely die fairly young so I'm tentatively looking for a future mate.

Wants: Friends, mate plots for the future, healer RP, to be told stories
Do not want: Leave pride, injuries other that disease related.

User Image
Veri is not good at dealing with mortals, mostly since she thinks they might break. She could potentially be dangerous to be around for weaker mortals, and this makes her a bit hesitant to be around them. She's got daughters from a fling with a mortal and she dumped them on some unsuspecting rogues as soon as she could. But at the same time she's curious about mortals and their way of seeing things...

I can easily see her being drawn to big bloody battlefields, but it wouldn't be good for those she met since any wounds will bleed more when she's around.

Wants: Meetings with mortals twisted , back story plots with gods, interesting rogue encounters, possibly pride plots but she will not join a pride at this time. Meeting a vampire (the clash between what she is and what they think she is could be interesting)
Do not want: Fling/mate offers without a LOT of plot. It would take a very special kind of mortal for her to even consider mating with him, and I'm going to be picky with gods too. (Mortal fling planned, no more wanted without AWESOME plot), death, maiming

Quote:
Powers:
Temporary Powers: 1 – Scent of blood: She is surrounded by a faint scent of blood. Mortals in her presence can feel a metallic taste in their mouth or feel a scent of blood coming from an undefined direction. The scent can range from the stink of old rotten blood to the scent of fresh blood depending on her mood. Power is only active within a radius of 10 metres or so and it becomes less noticeable and eventually vanishes completely if a mortal stays in her presence for a long period of time. Gods can feel the scent of blood too but can always pinpoint the smell to her.
2 – Song of salix: Mortals in her presence are more prone to bleeding and they will bleed more if they are injured after being exposed to her. Existing wounds will start to bleed more and freshly healed ones might start to ooze blood again. Weak creatures with large open wounds run a risk of bleeding to death. (no characters will die from this unless the player wants them to of course) Lasts for 1 hour after exposure. Doesn’t affect gods.
3 – Curse of blood: When angered she can cause bleeding (usually from the nose, ears or eyes) in a mortal. This is not painful or fatal, but can certainly be unpleasant. Bleeding lasts for 1-3 hours depending on how miffed she is, and the injury then disappears without a trace (more than the blood left behind). Can be used on gods, but in that case the strain on her is great and it only bleeds for a minute at most. Not worth it unless she’s extremely angry and doesn’t think before acting.
Permanent Power: Transfusion: The goddess can give a mortal creature some of her own blood with magic means, to counteract a blood loss or cure anemia. (after an injury, after a complicated birth, to cure someone that is anemic etc.) This is extremely taxing and she can’t save someone that’s too badly injured or has huge gaping wounds since her mere presence will make existing wounds bleed more. For best effect any wounds needs to be as healed as possible before she does this, otherwise she might just drain herself and still have the creature bleed to death.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:59 pm
Rogue

User Image
Name: Hantan'gang
Pride: None

He's adult now, but I'll might be playing him as a young adult for a while. Mate and fling offers are tentatively open.

Description: Hantan only recently left his mother to see more of the world and to claim a territory of his own. He is currently wandering the roguelands. He is curious and eager to learn new things so he doesn't mind talking to others, even if he keeps to himself most of the time.

Wants: To meet new friends, enemies and random people. I haven't got much plotted for him yet so feel free to throw things at him!
Do not want: Death, maiming, pride offers, flings/breeding (not breeding him until he's adult)

Nothing compares to you
Hantan met a very impressive lady when he just started out on his own, and she will probably affect how he reacts to females down the line. She was a lion, a smart, pretty, tree climbing lion that sort of taught him how to fish. Yeah... Big paw prints to fill, and it might be interesting to RP with someone that doesn't quite fit his too high expectations.

Mission in the Jungle
I need Hantan to find the jungle where the old pride of Fenja and Fjolnir was located. Any friends on the journey, help to find it, creatures to point him in the wrong direction etc. are welcome.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:00 pm
The Mizimu gang (adults)

User Image
Skuld is an old scryer with an affinity for bones. Well, bordering on obsession some days. She had a litter of hybrids late in life and... um... she wasn't high ranking before that and she's seen as even more dodgy after giving birth to half spirited cubs. The irony of it all is that she is a true seer.

Wants: Someone to teach the secrets of bone reading to. Always open for freaking out cubs and others by being generally mysterious. RP with her apprentice. Someone to grow old(er) with.

Do not want: To leave Mizimu, death, maiming, more cubs

User Image
Urd is Skulds half-spirited daughter and she's been a sacrifice her entire life. She recently grew to adult. She's also a bit of a novelty since she only has half a spirit, but she's not too comfortable with the attention. She can certainly be open and friendly, but she saves that for her family and close friends. She's secretly jealous of her mother's apprentice...

What I want: love before she's sacrificed, RP with friends, family RP, general pride RP. Life experience so she can become a better sacrifice.

Don't want: Pride offers, death (except sacrifice), maiming

Love
Urd is infertile, but I'd like her to get a taste of love before she is Sacrificed. She's more likely to fall for a lion or lion hybrid since non-lions are generally seen as less valuable in Mizimu. Male is preferred, but a female love interest is possible. Any female would probably have to put in a lot of effort, however. Urd is too dense to realise that a girl can love a girl at the moment...

There's a lot of potential for drama since Urd is ultimately going to end up being sacrificed. Your character can move on to another partner/have cubs etc after that so you don't have to end up "stuck" without a possibility to get cubs.

User Image
Meet Skugga, a slave in the Mizimu'Tungika. She was on the losing side in the recent war and lost her lover, her freedom, her cubs and... well, she was not in a healthy mental place during the war and she's no better off now.

Her cubs are in the custody of her twin sister and the four boys are the only reason Skugga haven't done something really stupid yet. She is a dangerous sort of slave, one appearing to be calm and collected but with a lot of anger boiling just under the surface. I want to explore this!

In Mizimu'Tungika a slave is sometimes assigned to a master or mistress who is supposed to give them tasks and keep them in line. The master/mistress will also have a say about when/if the slave has earned his/her freedom.

Read more about Skugga and her history in my journal. Skimming through her roleplays might give some insights.

What I want for her: A master or mistress, a twisted romance, meeting pride members, perhaps being used as a bad example, angsty meeting with her sons (with or without telling them who she is

Don't want: A mate (without a really long and good plot), death, pride offers, to leave mizimu, to see her sister more than necessary *grrr*

Yes Master
- A master or mistress for her. Not too tender pawed (for their own good) since Skugga might need a firm grip to be controlled.

This master/mistress can already be a member of the mizimu or a "blank slate" lion that could join as an original member. Their first RP together could be his/her joining RP.

- Mild violence while handling her is ok as long as it's not without cause and not sexual violence (extremely squicked by that).

- Male or female does not matter.

- If you're interested we could try to get some kind of Stockholm syndrome twisted romance going.

User Image
Blota is back IC since I did a self RP, but I'd love some backdated RP from his return. He's now a FOLLOWER until further notice.

He can be a bit angsty, but he's a nice guy. He's working his furry little behind off to please the spirits and help the rest of the pride at the moment.

What I want for him: Meetings with new and old friends in the pride after he is demoted when he tries to settle in his new role.

Do not want: Flings, death (unless he gets to be sacrificed), maiming, bad drama (he needs a break)

Where have you been?
A mizimu warrior, scout or veteran that can meet him at the border and capture/interogate him. I'd like them to believe him when he says that he is not a deserter or one of the rebels, but some rough handling before that is fine. Blota knows he's been bad so he will beg for forgiveness/beg to be let back in as a follower.

User Image
Cocky, energetic, tells tall tales until she believes them herself. I haven't played her since she was a juve (she popped straight to adult). I'd like to get a feel for her again.

Wants: Friends, foes, trouble. It's all good! A mate and cubs!
Do not want: To leave her pride (unless there's epic plotting leading up to it)

Give me ideas!

The Talk
Everyone needs to learn the way of the world sooner or later. I'd like an adult (minder?) or an older-than-her member of the pride to try to teach Aruná about the birds and the bees. Or we can pretend she knows a thing or two already and traumatises a younger cub/juve by telling them her version (might not be entirely accurate) about how babies are made.
(would have to be backdated)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:02 pm
Dawnwalkers

Msrah is now adolescent adult, but I'll still do backdated cub or juvie RP if anyone would like to.
User Image
Name: Msrah
Meaning: Sixth born
Pride: Tuait'tekem

As a cub he is usually happy and likes playing with his brothers and sisters. He enjoys meeting new people and likes to think that everyone is a potential friend. He’s going to be an annoying little boy until he learns that other people have boundaries and that not everyone is thrilled to be his playmate.

I'm looking for general family and pride RP and I also have a few plots in mind for him. See below for those. Might start considering mate offers at this point, but I'd like a slow courtship and no marriage until he's fully grown.

What I want for him: Mate offers (would have to develop slowly), family RP, general pride RP, nanny RP

Do not want: Death, leaving the pride, flings (not his thing)

Religion

Msrah likes singing the prayers and while he's young he'll talk a lot about wanting to be a priest. I'd like RP with very religious members and/or priests
(done)

Close call
He will stray too far from his family as a cub or juve and will get in trouble in the desert or possibly in the ruins. Could be a scorpion or other dangerous animal attacking or simply getting lost. I'd like him to be rescued by a minder. This will inspire him to become a minder.
(got this covered I think)

The friend
I see him becoming that friendly guy that gets stuck in the “friend” category when all he wants is to find a nice girl and marry her. He will find someone eventually, but it'd be fun to play and plot with someone who's just not interested in him in that way. It would be nice if they could start out as childhood friends and perhaps have him develop a crush as an adol or something.
(more friends he can fall for would be hilarious wink )  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Juveniles young things!

I've got a couple of juves/adols not fully grown things and they all need plots and RP. Might be up for puppy love or plotting for future mates. Background plotting and existing friends are good too since pure meet and greet can get boring.

User Image
User Image

User Image
A bit of a mama's boy, but he doesn't know that mama is really his aunt and that his real mother is one of the slaves. Erm... He is finally allowed to become a sacrifice and tries not to be too openly gleeful about it. Since that wouldn't be cool and all...

Do not want him to learn about his real mother!

I want: Sibling RP, sacrifices he can be jealous of befriend, friends... General pride RP.

The Rival
I'd like someone roughly the same age or slightly younger/older for him to be jealous of. It doesn't have to be a Sacrifice, but I guess it would help. This lion somehow manages to be better than Mazi at EVERYTHING he sees as important. They should be pretty much equal other than that, but his rival should best him in almost every possible way. This could be a friend rival that he is super jealous about in secret or someone that is more openly competetive and gloats at every little victory.

Babies! Love or status?
Sacrifices are encouraged to spread the love around a bit before getting sacrificed, so I'd like him to have at least one fling before he goes. It could either be a love plot, or one where he dutifully knocks someone up to spread his sacrifice genes around. Or... perhaps someone taking advantage of him to gain a better status in the pride since sacrifices are so cool and all...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 pm
Critters
User Image
Name: Tu

Description: Proud and independent just about sums it up. Despite all the disadvantages of being half blind, Tu is happiest when he gets to tough it out on his own. He doesn't like to turn his blind side towards others, and pretends that he can see just fine. His other senses compensate decently for his lack of depth vision and reduced field of vision and for brief meetings with others he can usually fake being normal.

He will only tell those he really trusts about his handicap, but those are few and far between. (However, I’d like to find at least one such close friend for him to RP with) If someone else than a close friend said something about his eye he'd probably challenge them just to prove that there's nothing wrong with him.

Do not want: Death, pride offers, to be a SoAs companion (unless there's a really good match or a really good plot).

The friend
I want a close friend from his past, someone he can open up to. It's probably easier if we plot out some backstory for them because he's not going to make friends easily.

The lover
I want him to find love at some point. Either a mate or something more fluid (but still more stable than a fling). I'd like to breed him at some point.

User Image

Viverri is not too fond of bigger predators and will do her best to torture them if she can do so safely. She is very cocky when she feels safe.

Her main motivation is food and males in that order. She's mainly active at night, and can be very stubborn about defending a territory that she's claimed as hers. She likes to hang out in trees and I'd love to play her more.

Coming up: Fling with small mito

Wants: Meeting various creatures, flings (doesn't have to lead to a breeding), to be an annoying pest, plots of her own, someone to take her down a notch (perhaps a leopard that can catch her and play around with her but not eat her for some reason...), RPs to get her count up for her fling.

Do not want: Death, maiming, a SoA companion (unless you have a really good idea) She would NEVER bond to a lion, possibly other species.

The donor
I'm a bit picky, Viverri is not... For flings without breeding any genet will do, but I'd like natural colours for the actual breeding. Viverri is unlikely to settle down with one mate, so the father would probably have very little interaction with his offspring until they are grown up. If you want some interaction we can arrange that, but if he tries to take her babies to raise them she will chew his face off.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 pm
Mava'Bunda
User ImageSkada is a hyena in the graveyard-pack and I'd love some RP there. She's a greedy bone collector who enjoys making a good deal with dumb rogues. She's got a cruel sense of humor and can be a bit mean at times even if she rarely means much harm. Ahem. Her little hijinks backfire about as often as they succeed.

She's not the smoothest barterer and thinks "Trade for this or I bite you!" is a valid argument. It works, that's mean it's a good sales-pitch, right?

What I want: Rogue or pack RP, please! bartering, fights, possibly a love interest.
Do not want: Death, serious maiming, to leave her pack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm
About Annchen

I'm older than the average Gaia crowd I believe, but I don't plan to grow up and stop playing anytime soon. I'm from Sweden and this means that I'm online at odd hours compared to those of you overseas, and also that English is not my first language. When I work I have limited time for RP, but I do follow through with my RPs even if I'm slow. I'm always willing to go back and finish old RPs, just ask!

RP style and preferences
I tend to write 1-2 paragraphs, more if I feel particularly inspired, but you will probably not see me write huge walls of text or one-liners. I'm not that quick at typing up RP responses, but I rarely abandon RP and have no trouble finishing up a RP long after it started if needed. Poke me if it has been my turn for a week or more and you want to get on with it, if it has only been a few days I'm probably busy but working or thinking on it.

I'm not picky about my partners post length as long as it's not just one single sentence, or pages and pages of very flowery text. Huge open RPs intimidate me... I prefer private or semi private ones with 1-2 others.

I love realistic settings, surprising plot twists and interesting characters. Mary Sues make me cringe, godmoding/powerplay/metagaming makes me sad and I appreciate if my RP partners at least read through their own RP to catch obvious spelling mistakes and jumbled words.

With that said... If you see me using weird grammar or otherwise mauling the English language feel free to send me a PM and I will gladly edit my RP posts and try to avoid that particular mistake again. smile

Contact
PM me, post here or try to catch me in the shop thread. I have never really tried RP over AIM/MSN since I tend to write responses so slowly, but I'm willing to try.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:43 am
Post all you want! No forms needed smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 am
Giving this a bump... Feel free to hit me over the head (or PM me) if I've said I'd RP with you and appears to have forgot. I know I've discussed plots with people but I'm not sure if I owe anything... oops...  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:59 am
User Image

I have Nafsi. xD I don't know who you might want to RP with her, though. She wants to be queen, but isn't quite as malicious as some of her siblings. She can be a bit bossy and naturally likes to assume others are happy to go along with her ideas. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 am
Oh, I'd love to play with Nafsi smile I meant to post in your plot thread but apparently I never did... Hmmm... Both Urd and Mazi could work. Urd is timid enough to be persuaded into tagging along, but she is a bit shy.

I need to play Mazi more to get to know him, but I think he might be both impressed and very jealous if they met. Despite his colouring he is not a sacrifice (yet) and he can't see why, but tries his hardest not to be upset by it.

They are both a bit older, but that could be interesting. Nafsi doesn't strike me as the sort to be impressed by older kids.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:01 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 am
Slow, slow, slow... Time for some RP to help me stop thinking about work all the time.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:06 am
There... Viverri properly added.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers