Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Linecon: The party while you wait

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Linecon
Waiting sucks. Let's have fun!
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 19

Cyanide Joyride

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:06 pm
As a survivor of Anime Central 2008's registration Linecon, I was wondering what's the longest any of you have waited?

At that con I waited for 4 and a half hours to get my friend's badge (Me and my other friend already had our badges but she still needed to pick hers up.) The crazy part is that we were one of the lucky ones. I heard of people waiting 9-12 hours.
But it was a great time! I got to sing with a Belldandy and watch my friend almost die of laughter after a Reno jumped on a Rude's back and declared that the line "sucks his balls." (I dunno why she found it so damn funny, but watching her laugh because of it was hilarious.) And that was the start of our con addictions.

And what about other really long lines to get into events? Any fun stories?
I met so many people while waiting in line to get into Acen's Soap Bubble last year! I had more fun in the line than at the actual rave. Nothing starts a friendship quite like cuddling with other people in line to keep warm in the dark, cold night.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:15 pm
FIVE. HOURS.
I tell you that wasn't a line, that was a blob.
Yeah. Sakura-con was not prepared for this year's turn out it seems...
@.@
At first my friend and I were all hyped up on a first-con buzz, but then we realized just how long it was going to be.
At around the three and-a-half hour mark we were on the floor asking people to put us out of our misery with their weapon props. By that point I picked up a button off the floor and asked somberly; "Think it'd kill me if I swallowed it?"
"I dunno. Let's find out." She took it, swallowed it, and sighed. "No..."
Oh man. It was insanity. But sooo worth it.

XDZenLeeDX

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:37 pm
I waited about an hour at the Ax registration line, got there early, around 12ish on day 0 but went 2 get the registration at around 8ish, had fun playing kingdom hearts (the ds 1) in japanese about 6 months b4 it came out in english and ppl in the line were like is that kingdom hearts?  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:04 pm
This is why you PRE-REGISTER people!

A) Discount prices if you do it early enough.
B) Little-NO WAITS!

This means, more spending money for souvenirs, and high chance you'll make it to the panel/screening/presentation you wanted to see so badly. And you get to point and laugh at the poor fools who didn't Pre-reg. (no offense).

Longest time I've spend was not for lines (because I is smart! blaugh ) but parking spots (because parents is dumb gonk )

Let's DRIVE into NYC... brilliant mom and dad... This is why I'm taking trains with my friends from now on. Get to scare more people with cosplays this way.  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Sometimes pre-reggers have to wait longer than those who just show up. ;3

I feel like I've dodged a bullet somehow... In all my years of con-going, I've only had to wait in one line, and only for an hour. Not that I'm complaining! I'm afraid of big crowds... ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:49 am
For Otakon 2008, my parents took sakuragirl9393 and I to the Baltimore Convention Center for pre-registration badge pickup. The line wrapped around half of the outside of the convention center. It also rained a bit. The line seemed to have moved quickly, thanks to sakuragirl9393 and I deciding to name the cosplays we knew. I was surprised that people were cosplaying because the website specifically said that there would be no Otakon activities on that Thursday.

The longest part of waiting in line was for waiting in line in this one line that I think was called "Special Needs" (we are talking about cosplayers who need assistance with something) since my friend needed to change one of her pre-registration things to be under one of her cousins' names (there were 3 pre-registrations under her name since she tried to pre-register and it didn't work. My dad pre-registered for her, her dad later pre-registered for her, and her great-grandmother sent in a check to Otakorp, which is the non-profit organization in charge of Otakon). The wait in the line was about a few hours. At least we talked to a group that was doing a Naruto fan panel.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 pm
Anime Expo '07 Day 1 Registration line: 4 1/2 hours. Couldn't find anything interesting to do. A couple people tried to start sing-a-longs, and screamed out "Bring out your dead!", but nothing caught on.

Then halfway through the line, some worker informs us that because we pre-reg'd, we could just go in. scream

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 pm
Dunno how long we waited (or what we were waiting for) but it was just after we met our new friends, and I was being shy up until then. Then some people started laying on each other and rolling around, and I yelled "Orgy! Everyone take your shoes off!" Everyone stared for a moment, then our friend turned to me and said "That is the first thing I have heard you say." xd What can I say, I like to make an impression.  

Maruul

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 am
Oh yes, Otakon Pre-Reg and Reg lines are classic slogs. This will be my 6th time over to the BCC, and I'm planning to organize some sort of Gaian party. I remember last year someone brought a parapet something and four of us guys were carrying it every time the line moved and chanting. It was fun.

But seriously, I'm just gonna bring a cooler or something on Thursday.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games