Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Beginings of vampirism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 pm
I believe in it its like a demon in some sorts like

they hate running water and stuff so look that crap up ASAP ?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:18 pm
Just like anything in the Occultic subjects, or really any form o spirituality, You will always find opinion and theory upon opinion and Theory. Vampirism is no acception. It all depends upon what your own position is. Like someone said earlier, everyone has the ability to take anothers energy. Many believe that is what vampirism is, just taking another energy because one can.
However, go inside the "Vampire" or "Vampyre" community and you'll find that most agree on one thing; for whatever reason, their spiritual bodies don't make enough energy to sustain them. I have my own theories on this, many to long to really post here, but I would suggest Michelle Bellanger's books The Psychic Vampire Codex and Vampires: in Their Own Words. It will at the very lest give you the information you're looking for so you can draw your own conclusions and opinions on Vampirism without all the "you need to protect yourself from the evil Vampires" Bull. And I'm not saying there aren't bad "vampires" out there, just like in everything, there is a wide variety of people in this spirituality, which means you'll have the people who use it to do bad things.  

Sisbera

Obsessive Cultist

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:32 pm
After long thought, I decided to make this post against my better judgement and the skepticism it will without a doubt receive.

If we are accepting experience as part of this research, I feel that maybe I have something to provide. Because in my belief (And I do state that this is only my opinion), I am what is known as a Psychic or Psi Vampire. Before you go on about letting powers go to my head and such, I'll say this; Vamprism is a bloody curse. Pun intended.

A few things have been established in this discussion which I agree on without a doubt. The first is that all vampires, regardless of origin or type absorb energy in some shape or form. Sanguine vampires (Or the blood drinkers, for those who haven't gotten that yet) have been said to use the blood as a medium to get to what they truly crave, which is either life force or emotion. (The topic is debatable. Obviously.) Psi vampires like myself use a more direct approach, going for the Human's Aura. Because a psychic vampire gets a more pure form of sustenance, they require feeding much less often then their blood drinking counterparts.

I have noticed however, there are side effects to the act of feeding. One of these is the absorption of emotions that linger within the Aura of the victim. Often times I have trouble separating my own emotion from others around me, and have various shields set up to combat subconscious feeding.

I am... unsure what else to write here, and I suppose my lack of faith in the subject matter will leave me open to logic holes. So discuss.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:01 am
Sonkurra-Taichou
After long thought, I decided to make this post against my better judgement and the skepticism it will without a doubt receive.

If we are accepting experience as part of this research, I feel that maybe I have something to provide. Because in my belief (And I do state that this is only my opinion), I am what is known as a Psychic or Psi Vampire. Before you go on about letting powers go to my head and such, I'll say this; Vamprism is a bloody curse. Pun intended.

A few things have been established in this discussion which I agree on without a doubt. The first is that all vampires, regardless of origin or type absorb energy in some shape or form. Sanguine vampires (Or the blood drinkers, for those who haven't gotten that yet) have been said to use the blood as a medium to get to what they truly crave, which is either life force or emotion. (The topic is debatable. Obviously.) Psi vampires like myself use a more direct approach, going for the Human's Aura. Because a psychic vampire gets a more pure form of sustenance, they require feeding much less often then their blood drinking counterparts.

I have noticed however, there are side effects to the act of feeding. One of these is the absorption of emotions that linger within the Aura of the victim. Often times I have trouble separating my own emotion from others around me, and have various shields set up to combat subconscious feeding.

I am... unsure what else to write here, and I suppose my lack of faith in the subject matter will leave me open to logic holes. So discuss.

You sum all of it up so nicely heart  

Sisbera

Obsessive Cultist

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:46 pm
Thank you, Akonyte.

I did forget a few things.

For the sake of consistency, I will reiterate that what I state here is nothing more than personal experience, which may or may not reflect the actual truth or reality of any given situation.

The reason that people like myself must feed in the first place.

It is my belief that when vampires are born, they are left with a sort of hole in their Aura. That's not quite right, but I don't know how to explain it. Unlike a normal human, we lack whatever it is that keeps our Aura contained around our bodies. It is like a constant leak, and the amount of the leak obviously differs for each person. When we feed, we can repair that barrier with the energy of another. Theoretically, I suppose, one could probably train themselves to fix the problem on their own... I've just not heard of it.

As for the eye contact thing someone mentioned, I'm not sure. Normally I don't have to look into someone's eyes, however next time I might try it to see if it helps the process. It might. Eyes are commonly known as windows to the soul.

**Edit 6/1/11 at 9:47pm

I mentioned before about how when a victim is drained, we usually absorb their current emotions. This ability can be used to take a small sample of Aura to mimic Empathy, if one can learn to separate their own emotions from the other.

Someone once asked me if I still craved blood. And the answer is yes. Although it is not required for me, the craving is still there. This leads me to believe that Psychic Vampires are refined and evolved versions of the old blood drinkers. Ancestral memory could contribute to the blood lust, even though it is easy for me to resist. The concept is all very strange, however it is the only theory I have so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:30 pm
Hey everyone, I haven't posted on gaia in years and just came back recently and wanted to reintegrate myself into the communities I like, this guild clearly being one of them. So hi... would be the overall idea of this first little bit.

Secondly, I studied the medieval era in passing while at college but was particularly interested in my lecturers reasoning for the vampire myth booming into the populations psyche. He suggested that as people were all religious back then, their rumours of the devil's mark on people who have sold their soul, witches and the rest made people check their graves, to ensure they had not risen from the dead to walk the earth.

When they opened the suspicious coffins, they saw something that shocked them, but was perfectly explainable. The corpses teeth had lengthened, due to rotting of the gums exposing more of the roots of the teeth. The stomach had swollen as if it had gorged itself, this due to gases becoming trapped in the stomach during the decaying process. It also had blood around its mouth which came from the mouth rotting till blood oozed from the more sensitive areas inside the mouth and throat.

The only conclusion people could come to was that the body had risen in the night, biten someone and fed on their blood, before returning to its coffin by day to hide from the sun, which was considered light from heaven, or holy light. This made sense to their understanding of light from the sky = heaven.

Also, this created many of the rumours that exist even today, that vampires sleep in coffins, have teeth that stretch into fangs, cannot bear sunlight, are unholy and have been cursed not to truly die.

This caused the people to look at the only evidence they had in those days of illiteracy. Namely, the Bible. In this they tried to form evidence of God creating this vampiric curse, and biased or not, some evidence was there, enough to create this 'factual' curse.

Later, in the Victorian era, in 1819, John Polidori's book 'The Vampyre' portrayed a romantic, handsome and mysterious Lord who was revealed to be a charming yet deadly vampire. This was a best seller and ever since people seem to be fascinated by the idea of this dark, forbidden romance what would last forever.

That's my opinion, I don't know if all of it makes sense as it's quite late at the moment. What do you think? Hope it helps rolleyes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: It would also seem to me that people who are 'psi' vampires or take from peoples aura seem (as has been explained here previously) to lack naturally occuring energy and take it from others, it is thought by some researchers that simply being around other people makes a person more likely to feel happy or energetic, coming from animal instincts still within our subconcious that make us feel more comfortable within a group, more safe.

This need for energy that some people feel could even be a more severe need of that than other people which would suggest the majority of the need is psychological than physical. Such as, people feel the need to be around others to drain their energy, so when they are around others, they feel better, which reinforces that belief.

That is only my opinion however, but it does seem to have some sort of basis in human nature.

Also, no offence meant to anyone here who feels they have this vampiric trait, I am not saying I do not believe you, simply offering a different approach of 'why' than 'If' sweatdrop  

Marius Novus Equus

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 pm
Thank you, Marius. That was actually a very interesting bit of information. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 am
Sonkurra-Taichou
Thank you, Akonyte.

It is my belief that when vampires are born, they are left with a sort of hole in their Aura. That's not quite right, but I don't know how to explain it. Unlike a normal human, we lack whatever it is that keeps our Aura contained around our bodies. It is like a constant leak, and the amount of the leak obviously differs for each person. When we feed, we can repair that barrier with the energy of another. Theoretically, I suppose, one could probably train themselves to fix the problem on their own... I've just not heard of it.

Have you ever gotten an Aura photograph before (or have the needed software to do the photo yourself)?  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:36 am
Well, the Magan text mentions Vampires as one of the 11 or 12 kinds of monsters that Tiamat had created to make war on the Elder Gods.

There is a website I ran across once that said it wrote out the history of the Vampires. Or atleast to a point, anyway. I can't say whether it's accurate or not.

Iscariot Vampires

Outside of some semi-personal experiences, ...I can't really think of anything else. Outside of what my junior high science teacher gave as a reason for why people used to believe in them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 am
i only read the first page sorry. Anyway i saw a lot about feeding. And i would like to add my two cents if i may?

Vampirism- when i first started researching psionics i saw a lot of reports of 'psivamps'. People who unintentionally drew energy from people around them due to an inbalance in their selves. Saw a post on this, so wanted to respond.

As too feeding. Back in the day, like prechurch take over, there were holidays like at least once a month. This is relevant XD

The posts reminding me of an old story (story mind you) i read years ago about this city or town between greece and italy. It said that there was a great and rich lord(not the actual title >.> ) lived outside the town. The villagers thought him to be some sort of servant or special creation of the gods and revered him greatly though they nearly never saw him. They only saw during the night time partying of their celebrations and they made sure to always have plenty of food as the lord liked to join in festivities and he ate the fill of three men when he visited. I believe there was something about drinking blood at the festivals or recieving sacrafices of sorts. That was toward the end and i'm a bit hazy.

Though there are several legends (and i do use the term intentionally) of vampires that say they can eat food as a supplement inbetween feedings. The particular legends that Twilight drew from (ick. Terrible mix) believed that they could eat if they had too, but wasn't a supplement. I think that's crap.
Though there legends in eastern europe/asia if i placed them right that believed absorbing energy could be a short time supplement for a lack of food. Encouraged meditating in famines. A lot of meditating.

As to the mention of the 'breeding' or spreading, i have yet to come across a legend of vampires feeding nightly. Or even every other night. Not even fledglings. The average is about once every 5 weeks. Some legends believe that the feeding vampire kind of taught the turned vampires and evolved to an heirarchy (as in the Valturi, yes) to protect vampires from spreading too much that the humans started hunting them out.
And we all know there's plenty of legends on how to kill a vampire.
There's a few legends (not many though) that believe that turning was the vampires choice. If he drank you dry, you died. If it was partial you turned. Or another treats the venom like a muscle to be willingly engaged or something.

I don't believe that vampires sparkle, turn into bats, wolves, smoke or mist or that s**t. I do believe they can have 'super human' abilities but anyone good at psionics (wide range of psionics albeit) can have that. I don't think there's good grounds to believe that vampires are immortal. I do believe they do/could/did exsist. I think there's enough evidence, in enough places to support that there were people who acted like a vampire that led to these legends starting.
Lol or corpses. That probably gave the popular image of a vampire. There's legends of vampires in other places that didn't bury their dead in coffins or have holy paranoia (no offence) which is why i believe there were people who could do psionics, had a serious blood fetish, and a warped mind.  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 am
hmm i'm not really sure on this. I don't truely think they exist as vampires were from a myth.. a story.. so long ago.
But vampires i believe in that are real are psi vamps. They exist... whether that person knows it or not. They consciously or unconsciously drain energy from people..

But I have heard from some people who have claimed to be a vampire for real.. not just being a psi vamp but vampires you hear about in stories.. xD huh.. hmmm.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:46 pm
I think they exist, this post raised from the surface of 2 years ago. must be a vampire.  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Sweet Tooth Cyanide

Distinct Lunatic

5,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 am
There is a condition where people cannot actually go out in the sun, as their skin cracks and bleeds(I AM NOT making this up) i know that is where the myth of "vampirism" started.

Although I dont believe in vampires that drink blood (I did when i was 13 and sometimes i still wonder what life would be like if vampires and werewolves did and were in the open. Strange though i dont believe in vampires or werewolves but i believe in faires,trolls and other such creatures)

You can drain peoples engery though, when around my aunt my mother has to were quartz just to stop my aunt from draining my mother. so im calling VAMPIRE!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 am
little miss bloodsucker
There is a condition where people cannot actually go out in the sun, as their skin cracks and bleeds(I AM NOT making this up) i know that is where the myth of "vampirism" started.

Although I dont believe in vampires that drink blood (I did when i was 13 and sometimes i still wonder what life would be like if vampires and werewolves did and were in the open. Strange though i dont believe in vampires or werewolves but i believe in faires,trolls and other such creatures)

You can drain peoples engery though, when around my aunt my mother has to were quartz just to stop my aunt from draining my mother. so im calling VAMPIRE!!!!
oh I heard about that too. It's a very rare condition that the baby is born with. Hmmm but yeah ^^ heh I used to have a problem with draining a few years back when I was awakening myself. XD  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm
little miss bloodsucker

I believe that is the condition known as Psychic Vampire. A lot of those coming around with the increased interest in psionics and psychic powers.

Interesting choice of protection to use quartz. I always knew that stone had good properties.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff