Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Library (Essays, Articles and Resources)
Vampires: My interpritation of the Myth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 pm
In my opinon, Vampirism is somthing that is a psychological thing. You know, when you think you were born to be a werewolf or a mage or something beyond those lines. The rush of blood intake makes people aroused and get the kick out of thinking theyre vampires and thats what the life of a vampire is. Again, psychological.

Over the years, vampires were to belived as dead beings that rose from the graves. Some believed that their soul kicked started them to live again, if the sould was powerful enough, but could only live by feeding on the blood of others. Now, vampire weaknessess are not entirely true. The sun does not burn them, even to ones that believe that they are vampires. Sleeping in a coffin isnt entirely true. All and all, blood is still needed for those who believe in it. The myths of vampires arent real.
Vampirisim is also a religon to some. They say that it runs in the family one or two times a generation or so. Ok, sure alot of people believe this and others are skeptic, but it does happen. There are more than fifty real vampires--yes, real ones exsist--while others are in a religon of the Vampire.

In my opinon of the Vampire, they are sexually active by the thought of blood and taste. I dont care if they think they are, if they say they are, well, then...theyre crazy. I should say that you shouldnt believe this, that all of this stuff is pathetic garbage; but, I wont. Leave a comment on what you believe, if you believe it at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:18 pm
I don't believe the whole vampire thing either. I think it's just funny to chuckle at honestly.  

Satrevi

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:13 pm
Anyone who's IQ is over 75 shouldn't believe in vampires. Most people who clam they are just have blood fetishes like me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 pm
Jesuss_Follower
Anyone who's IQ is over 75 shouldn't believe in vampires. Most people who clam they are just have blood fetishes like me.
^ Honesty at last.  

Satrevi

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 pm
It's a shame I don't bleed much because I like just my blood.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 am
While it detracts heavily from Ryuu's definition of the term 'vampire', I'm a little more willing to accept the existence of human vampires, such as psi-vampires and sanguinarians. I think the evidence for them is scant, but I've a couple of friends who believe they're psi-vampires, and given their level of intellect and insight, I'm a little more inclined to believe them; that's not to say I do believe in vampires, just that I'm open-minded about them enough that I don't try to spark up arguments or tell them they're deluded or anything. Then again, that should be one's approach to most things in the occult field, I reckon.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Garret_Strife

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm
Jesuss_Follower

I'm not intending to start an argument, but intelligence really has nothing to do with it. People both exceeding, and not exceeding an intelligence quotient of 75 might believe elves live in their toaster, and you can't "truly" prove them wrong.

Belief is a cross-paradigmatic option, inference, and choice. Not a factor of intelligence.

Sorry, I really didn't mean for that to sound(read) abrasive.

As for vampires, I have encountered no evidence in support of, or against the "existence" of such beings; just speculations and theories. Hey though, anything is possible. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm
I agree that the vampire is mostly a psychological entity.

However, if a vampire were to exist I think that the biggest misconception is that it would survive on blood alone. Any humanoid organism is too complex for such a limited diet, especially considering the super-human abilities they are said to have. From this, I would think it more likely that a vampire would not even be a humanoid (...and not a bat...), would most definitely be an omnivore, and would not be affected by sunlight unless its skin had a severe allergy (part of a mutation?). But that's just me...I have never really looked into vampires though, simply because I haven't had the time.  

Ghisteslwchlohm

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 am
For one, vampires couldn't biologically consume enough blood from their victims to kill them.
It's just not possible.
If they've no heartbeat, then where does the blood go?
It can't circulate through the arteries and veins.
Does it just sit there? Oozing out their glands?
It makes no sense.
(deep breath)
But that's only the start of the problem here.
If one doesn't have the fabled supernatural powers, then one simply has a blood fetish.
That's it. Really. They aren't "real" vampires for wanting to suck your blood.
If you've seen someone turn into a bat, , literally burn in the sunlight, have superhuman strength(excluding Chuck Norris), run faster than Forrest Gump, etcetcetcetc THEN THEY ARE NOT A FREAKING VAMPIRE.
They are human beings that like to suck blood.
They don't NEED it to exist. Seriously.
Maybe they "need" it to function because they're messed in the head, but they won't cease to exist without it.

Perhaps vampires are real but for now there's no proof, or at least no evident proof.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 pm
Maybe the original vampires were just humans that had a blood fetish?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:30 pm
i believe that Vampires exist, but as Undead beings, or at least as living things that are their own Species that is not human.

Human "Vampires" are actually Vampyres, which is a lifestyle. anyone can be Vampyric, as in taking in energy from Chi/Ki/Prana, or from Blood, or any other Energy Source that is attainable.

~Psy-Vamps/Psi-Vamps take Prana through a person's Aura.

~Sanguines take Prana directly through the Blood, or else drink the Blood of younger victims to replenish their own youth.

~Succubae/Incubae sustain themselves on Sexual Energies.

these are all classified as "Vampiric" types of beings, often parasitic in nature, and are found outside of the Vampyre lifestyle as well as within it.

but they are not the same as Vampires, which are a sepperate being altogether. i still am unsure whether Vampires are Formerly-Dead Humans, or if they are a sepparate Living Race/Species. but they are not the same as Vampyres.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:22 am
I pretty much agree with you there, Chieftain.

In my opinion, Vampires are a separate race and culture. They are not human, and probably aren't anything like the luscious sex symbols we like to believe them to be.

I could, however, see a Nosferatu-like creature existing in a relatively secluded area.

Everyone else? Just posers.

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Nymshi

Shy Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 pm
I classify a vampire as any being that for some reason or another cannot maintain an energy field strong enough to properly support it's existence and so seeks additional energy sources to make up for this lacking.

This differing from a person who practices psionic vampirism or blood ritualism as the person does not need extra energy, but may become dependent like one becomes dependent on a drug if they abuse it too much.

However, I am loathe to drive a perfect division between living vampires and undead vampires. There are too many similarities between the two, which makes me question if an undead vampire is a form of corpse possession by a vampiric spirit or if it is simply an example of a living vampire mastering energy manipulation so much that they are capable of sustaining themselves beyond what is normally perceived as 'death'.

Then again, that may be closer to the definition of a lich, but I suppose the difference would be in how the body remains animated.  
The Library (Essays, Articles and Resources)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games