Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!
April 2010

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am
User Image

Blessed_Scribe
We are in need of writers for the following sections:
Advanced Practitioners, Animal Totems, Astral Projection, Astrology, Author of the Month, Beginner's Section, Current Affairs, Elements, Gods & Goddesses, Herb Garden and Meditation

If you're interested, please head on over to this thread to pick up the application. Once you've filled it out, please send it to Blessed_Scribe.

It's a paying job (Gaia gold only), so it's well worth it! biggrin

Blessed_Scribe
If you've enjoyed this issue of the newsletter, or have any suggestions, please feel free to post some feedback!

Table of Contents:
- Introduction
- Guild Happenings
- Member's Section
- Book Review
- Crystals & Gemstones
- Kitchen Witches
- Mythical Creatures
- Pagan Humor
- Pagan Music
- Spells
- Classified Ads  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 am
User Image

- We're currently celebrating our 4th anniversary! The party is in The Moonlight Market!  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:06 am
User Image

Please welcome our new members!

Sparky the Panda, iD i n o C u p c a k e, Crystabelle Dewdrop, [-Erik-], metalchick14, Lutari Takira, - Jocoserious -, a-little-piggy, katekawetha, Marie Bellamy, bobkitty1123, Fangmoonlight, x_SilentLullabies, Stavvy, DevilDude585, Alureah Protectorr, Nightmare Apparition, Lady Hutchums, alyanna moon , Freya Sirad, thev123456, Legolas the sylvan, Asharen, PrynceX, stephy-gurl, kamininja960, Masters Neko Girl, Deorwynn, Ehridhel, iconiq, Zydrate Addicted GENtern, Ocean Spirit of the West, Usagi Akumu, Luna Nightlight

Please wish these members a happy birthday for the months of April and May!

April 3rd - - Pixie Pasha
April 4th - - Shearaha
April 6th - - Heart Overload
April 9th - - Star Nightshade and _Theatre is Life_
April 10th - - Xo_Blue-Dragon_oX and DevilDude585
April 14th - - Ich bin Q
April 15th - - Indigo Star Child
April 16th - - The guild's birthday!!
April 17th - - redtearsblackwings and Love hates vampire-ninjas
April 20th - - Teayo and KillerQueen Bash
April 21st - - FlyingPinkElefantSaysMeow
April 22nd - - `My Little p***s`, Rayne Destiny and Emii Cat
April 25th - - Tallulah Taye
April 28th - - ~Dagda~The~Powerful

May 1st - - Vix_Punk
May 3rd - - Sylvanius
May 4th - - Chibi Chibi Sami
May 10th - - amayayumi
May 11th - - The Musical Lemon
May 12th - - casper2004
May 13th - - gemherbal
May 18th - - Prince of Aces
May 21st - - LifelessSong
May 24th - - llama_chic_452
May 30th - - NiennaSayyadina

User Image

Congratulations to Rainy-Desu!

User Image

Blessed_Scribe: What initially sparked your interest in Wicca/Paganism?

I was always interested in studying and learning about different cultures and religions. When I came across Paganism and looked into the culture, the Sabbats and everything, it felt like I found what was right for me. So I bought a book describing everything I need to know about the religion (in a nutshell of course). I also joined three online groups, and receive emails everyday containing a lot of very useful and inspiring information.

Blessed_Scribe: How long have you be studying Wicca/Paganism?

I started my journey in early October. Not that long, but I feel like I've been doing this longer. Its a great feeling.

Blessed_Scribe: What has kept you interested in Wicca/Paganism for that length of time?

I'm not sure how to describe it really. I guess its a feeling of being absolutely comfortable. I feel like whenever I look more and more into the religion I feel a sort of euphoria. Maybe its strange, but it really gives me that feeling.

Blessed_Scribe: What is your favorite area of study and why?

Definitely candle/incense magick. When I did my first incense magick, I was living in a pretty bad environment. Lets just say I wasn't being treated well. I had bought a bunch of incense from a legitimate off beat Pagan shop, and decided I wanted to light one and say a little something to honor the moon goddess. I asked her to help me in anyway possible. The result? I live over 200 miles away from what I was living in and I couldn't be any happier.

Blessed_Scribe: Which element do you feel the strongest connection to and why?

Now this is a difficult one. To be honest I'm not 100% sure just yet. A lot of my horoscopes, numerology, etc. tell me I'm an earth/air element though.

Blessed_Scribe: Have you ever experimented with any form of divination? If so, what's your favorite form and what's one of your most memorable experiences while using it?

Yes. I've been using the awesome gilded tarot by Ciro Marchetti. Each card in the deck is unique and beautiful. My most memorable experience is when I did my first tarot reading for someone besides myself. When it concluded, the person said, "wow that's scary, it couldn't be anymore correct."

Blessed_Scribe: Have you ever tried casting a spell? Did it work? Why do you think it did or didn't work?

Yes I have. One night I felt a bad presence in my old house. So I took a lit incense, made a circle around my room, and said my first spell and in rhyming form. After it was all done, I felt a sense of peacefulness, like whatever the bad feeling was had gone away.

Blessed_Scribe: If you could have any type of "special" power, what would you choose and what would you do with it?

This is also a tough one, and another I can't really answer. There are so many choices and possibilities that I just can't even begin to decide.

Blessed_Scribe: What one book would you recommend to anyone new to Paganism; and why?

The Complete Idiot's Guild to Paganism by Carl McColman. It may be a book for "idiots" but the information in this book is great. It covers everything from Druidism to Wicca to even Shamanism. It describes a lot of thing in a nutshell and even has a list of recommended books and websites in the back of the book. A great read and very helpful.

Blessed_Scribe: How does being nominated for Member of the Month make you feel?

Very excited and honored. Of all the years I've been on Gaia, this is the first time I've been nominated for something like this.

-----

Member's Art

If you'd like to have your art featured here, just PM Blessed_Scribe. You'll get gold for anything that you submit.
(Art is defined as poetry, short stories, excerpts from a novel, photography, sculptures, graphic design, painting, drawings, collages, etc).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 am
User Image

Book Review - Everyday Witch A to Z
Written by no1narutofan1992

User Image

TITLE: Everyday Witch A to Z
AUTHOR: Deborah Blake
PAGES: 263 pages
YEAR PUBLISHED: 2008

SYNOPSIS (from the back of the book): Do stuffy academic tomes on Witchcraft make you want to hide in your broom closet or cast a boredom-banishing spell? Now you can get the low-down on everything you ever wondered about Witchcraft, and it’s as simple as A, B, C-sprinkled throughout with humor, flair, and a healthy dose of witchy wisdom.

Unique and fun for everyone, Everyday Witch A to Z invites you to dip into a delightful medley of magickal essentials. Whether you’re just setting out on the path or looking to add extra zest to your practice, this friendly guidebook is for you. From creating and casting spells to working with stones and herbs, you will learn how magic works, what Witches do, and how you can incorporate Witchcraft into your daily life. Even Magic the Cat, the author’s magickal familiar, lends a playful paw with spells and wise words of her own!

REVIEW: If you are new to the craft or looking for something a little different for your practice this book is great. It is very funny, yet informative at the same time. There’s spells here and there for something new and interesting to do, helpful hints to help you along the way, and some funny familiar to familiar advice from Magic the Cat. One of the best parts: you can skip to whichever part you want to read easily because the book goes in alphabetical order! So you can say, “I only want to know about Covens and the history of Wicca,” and you can easily go to one then the other, rather than having to read the whole book for 2 things. It is a great way to get started for any newbies out there.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Deborah Blake is a Wiccan high priestess and leads her own group, Blue Moon Circle. She also manages the Artisans’ Guild, a not-for-profit artists’ cooperative shop and works as a writer, tarot reader, and energy healer. Deborah lives in rural upstate New York in an old farmhouse with five cats who supervise her activities, both magical and mundane. She is also the author of Circle, Coven & Grove.  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 am
User Image

Crystals & Gemstones - Amber
Written by Brett KoZakku

User Image

Amber is technically not a gemstone or mineral, but a fossilized sap from prehistoric trees that has aged over the course of millions of years. Amber is usually thought of as yellow golden in hue, but amber also can be found in shades of milky white, red-orange, green, black and even (very rarely) violet.

Early physicians prescribed amber for headaches, heart problems, arthritis and a variety of other ailments. In ancient times, amber was carried by travellers for protection. To early Christians, amber signified the presence of the Lord.
In the Far East, amber is the symbol of courage; Asian cultures regard amber as the 'soul of the tiger'; Egyptians placed a piece of amber in the casket of a loved one to ensure the body would forever remain whole.

Amber is a powerful healing stone with a large amount of organic energy. In ancient times, this stone was ground to a powder and mixed with honey or oil of roses for various physical problems. It filters germs and infections and has the power to disinfect. Worn around the neck, amber helps fight infection and respiratory diseases. Amber also lifts the spirits.

Amber energy properties
* Brings a care free, sunny disposition
* Promotes good luck and success
* Dissolves oppositions

Healers use it for:
* stomach, spleen and kidney complaints
* joint problems
* teething pain in babies

Sources:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos202.htm
http://crystal-cure.com/amber.html  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:22 am
User Image

Kitchen Witches - Spring
Written by FlyingPinkElefantSaysMeow

Spring is quickly approaching in the northern hemisphere, a time of rebirth and renewal, and Autumn is arriving the southern hemisphere, a time of thanks and blessings. So to celebrate the turning of the seasons I have included two Spring And Autumn Recipes along with a recipe for Spring and Autumn potpourri which is perfect for the altar, kitchen or even to delight the Fae.

Spring::

Spring Lime Tea Cookies::

Ingredients::
-2 teaspoons lime juice
-1/3 cup milk
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1 egg
-2 teaspoons lime zest
-1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-2 tablespoons lime juice
-1/4 cup white sugar

Directions::
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine the 2 teaspoons of lime juice with the milk, let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the lime zest and milk mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, blend into the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the glaze, stir together the remaining lime juice and sugar. Brush onto cooled cookies.

Simple Spring Salad Recipe::

-1 and 1/2 orange, juice only
-1/2 lemon, juice only
-1/2 small red onion, chopped
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt
-4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried
-1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
-1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pitted

In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice, most of the red onion, olive oil, and salt. Whisk together until emulsified, taste and adjust with more salt or lemon juice if needed.
Peel the remaining orange and cut into segments, removing any seeds you might encounter. Set aside.
When you're ready to serve, place the salad greens in a large bowl. Toss very gently with a generous splash of the dressing. Add the orange segments and walnuts. Give another toss. Taste and decide if you need to add more dressing, if needed, add a bit more at a time, giving a good toss between additions. Make sure the nuts and citrus haven't all gone to the bottom, help them back up to the top if needed. Serve salad topped with the remaining red onion and olives.

Spring Lavender Potpourri::

2 cup lavender leaves
1 cup lavender flower buds
1/2 cup rosemary leaves
1/2 cup cornflower blossoms
1 tsp orris root powder
1/2 cup bayberry or juniper berries
2 drops lavender oil
Mix all ingredients together. To renew fragrance after it fades, add 1 to 2 drops of lavender oil.
Suggestions::
Nice as a room air freshener in an open dish or in a cloth pouch or sachet! Lavender is known for it's relaxing qualities and works well in a bathroom.

Autumn

Autumn Harvest Cookies::

-1 cup softened butter
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 eggs
-1/2 teaspoon orange extract
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-2 1/2 cups rolled oats
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
-1 cup dried cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter and the brown and white sugars in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and orange extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Add the rolled oats, walnuts and cranberries and mix thoroughly. Using a small ice cream scoop or teaspoon, drop rounded scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Autumn Apple Salad::

-4 tart green apples, cored and chopped
-1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
-1/4 cup dried cranberries
-1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
-1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the apples, almonds, cranberries, cherries and yogurt until evenly coated.

Autumn Apple Spice Potpourri::

3 tbsp dried apple slices (see note)
1/2 cup pink and red carnation petals
1/4 cup dried sweet woodruff leaves
2 tbsp crumbled cinnamon or one 3" cinnamon stick
1 whole nutmeg, grated (1 1/2 tsps)
1 tbsp whole cloves
1 tbsp julienne orange peel
3 drops of cinnamon or vanilla scented oil

Note:: To dry apples, slice paper thin and place slices in a single layer on a baking sheet in 150 degree oven for 30 minutes.

-Mix dried apple slices with remaining ingredients. Store in a tightly covered glass jar.

-For simmering potpourri, use a teaspoon potpourri per one cup of water. Place potpourri in water, bring to a boil and simmer on low until the whole house is perfumed; turn off heat. Strain and let dry if you wish to save and reuse the potpourri.  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 am
User Image

Mythical Creatures - Adlet
Written by Brett KoZakku

User Image

In the Inuit mythology of the Labrador and Hudson Bay coasts, the Adlet are monsters that drink blood. They are the offspring of a woman and a red dog. Five of the woman's ten children were dogs who crossed the seas to engender the European races. The other five children were the monstrous Adlet. The offspring of the Adlet are known as the Erqigdlit.

The Adlet, based on Alaskan Inuit legend, is a bloodthirsty race of canine-like hominids which are said to be the offspring of an Inuit woman’s unnatural mating with a ferocious giant red dog. The woman became impregnated with this creature's offspring, to later gave birth to ten fur-covered, canine-like children.
According to said legend, the terrified Inuit woman sent five of these children across the sea, where they sired what the Inuit referred to as the white races. The remaining five children are said to have stayed close to the mother’s home, where they slowly developed into vicious, cannibalistic warriors. The offspring of this woman are also known as the Erqugdlit.

The carnivorous Adlet can be classified as a member of the Hybrid species. Its size and weight are completely unknown. Its primary way to move around is Bipedal Walking. In this instance, this creature could be considered a member of the humanoid classification. The environment in which lives in is also unknown. Although the legend of the Adlet is surely based purely in mythology, some researchers have linked this tale to European legends of the Werewolf.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adlet  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 am
User Image

Pagan Humor
Provided by Zydrate Addicted GENtern

The LOL Cat Rede:

1. We’re in ur perfek luv and trust, bidin ur rede like we must.
2. Dat fud urs, dis fud mine; keep in mind, an all be fine.
3. 3 times round that sirkl pass so evul spiruts CAN NOT HAS.
4. Kittehs wind up spell in ball by speekin it in wurds of LOL.
5. Sofft of paw and grate big ears; do not yowl and u shall heers!
6. Rightpaw round teh biggening moon, kittehs sing teh Witchc@t Roon.
7. Leftpaw round teh smalling moon, kittehs sing teh baneful tune.
8. Lady can has moon of new; kittehs hed-bash her times two.
9. When can has moon full enuf, then can has all sorts of stuff!
10. When North wind come, kitteh, take care! Srsly, iz cold out ther.
11. When South wind to kitteh sing, lov will come an smooches bring.
12. When teh West wind blow the mosts, iz no rest for kitteh ghosts.
13. When teh East wind stir teh air, fill teh bowlz wit fud to share.
14. In metal bukkit, put nine woodz; burn fast or slo, jus burnz em goodz!
15. Teh Elder is teh Lady’s tree. Be respektin it. Srsly.
16. When teh Year-Wheel starts to spin, lite Beltane fire FTW!
17. When Wheel iz turned and Yule is bornz, bow to Teh Ceiling Cat With Hornz.
18. Be respektin leafs and trees, and by teh Lady blessed beez!
19. Ur stone. U fling it. Strong and deft. (In streem, to find out WTF.)
20. When u has need of something moar, avoid kitteh who yowlz “NOT YOURS!”
21. Foolish cat iz foolish. U avoid him, or look foolish too.
22. Oh hai! I’ze purrin. Kthxbai! Warm kitteh heart, bright kitteh eye.
23. Teh Three-Fold Law: respekt it, pliz, cuz good or bad comez back in threez.
24. Misforchun? You has it, just a bit? Mai bloo star. Let me show you it.
25. Dis kitteh r mine, and I’z theyrs too. Keep this srsly 4 troo.
26. Teh Wiccan Rede can has wurds eight: kitteh harm none, do thy will. Thx! Grate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: What do you call a witch who practices on the beach?
A: A Sandwich!

Q: What's Wiccan, flies around, and likes honey?
A: A Blessed Bee!

Q: What do you say to an angry witch?
A: Ribbit!

Q: Why did the blonde pagan have a lasso?
A: She wanted to draw down the moon!

Sources:
http://www.turoks.net/Cabana/
http://www.wicca.com/celtic/humor/humor0.htm  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:37 am
User Image

Pagan Music - Damh the Bard
Written by addicted to sin

User Image

This month Damh the Bard will be spotlighted.

Damh the Bard, whose given name is Dave Smith, had an ear for music when he was a small child and began playing in pubs and taverns when he was only 11 years old. In his teenage years he joined a band that gained minor popularity in London. In the 90's he was trained in the ways of a Bard, and joined a Mystic Folk band known as Spiral Castle which played often at the Pagan Federation International Conference in Fairfield Halls.

In 2000 he went solo under the name of Damh the Bard, since than he’s released four albums ranging from his debut album Herne’s Apprentice in 2001 to 2008's The Cauldron Born. His albums have received good reviews from critics and you'd expect when he's taking his inspiration from Myths of the British Isles and Ireland he’s become quiet a unique artist in his stylings and sound.

----

Damh the Bard's music makes you feel as if you're part of an epic journey through lands of the forgotten. His lyrics seem natural and not forced as some artists tend to sound. The songs he sings often retell the tales of the solstices and other Sabbaths. His use of instruments combine with seamless lyrics that are easy on the ear perfect for Sabbath rituals as well as for meditation and relaxation. Below are some songs that you can enjoy and make your own opinion.

Noon of the Solstice

The Cauldron Born

The Selkie

-----

Sources:

Biography  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 am
User Image

Spells - Love
Written by Mika Lockheart

Love spells. Often times we want to know how to make someone fall in love with us. Here is a spell for you to help you accomplish this task without manipulation. Remember in spells manipulation is wrong-you can’t force someone to do something. When looking at love spells it is then important to not force someone into something via magick.

I saw this spell a few weeks ago when looking for an article for this months paper. When I saw this, I thought of the numerous requests I often hear for love spells. Well guys, here you go.

You will need:
• A red candle
• A pink candle
• Red or pink flower petals
• Some purple lilacs
• A red pen
• White paper
• An envelope
• Some perfume
• A symbol of permanence/stability of your choice

With the paper and pen, write ten things you would like in a lover. Set the paper down on a flat surface and say:

Aphrodite and Venus, bring me a lover.
Let he/she be faithful and true
Let he/she love me for who I am
And let me love him/her for who he/she is.

Light the pink candle, and say

Let the first feelings of love strike me and this unknown person Let our love be one of friendship and romance

Light the red candle, and say:

Our relationship will be strong, and we will have the courage to trust each other and to be ourselves, and to help each other overcome whatever crises may befall us.

Spray the paper with perfume. Put it and the flower petals and the symbol of permanence in an envelope and seal it, imagining being happy and safe in the lover’s arms or something like that. Say:

Let this love be sweet and flourishing like these flower petals, but let it be far more enduring, like (permanence symbol).

Then finish the spell by keeping the envelope with you, or burying on your property, or keeping it by your bed at night.

Source:
http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/spells/non-manipulative-love-spell.htm  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:57 am
User Image

This is the spot where you can advertise just about anything you want.

Want to advertise your quest? Do you want to advertise something you're trying to sell? Or maybe you're looking for a mentor.

Whatever it may be, this is the place to do it!

It's completely free. All you have to do is send a PM to me, Blessed_Scribe, with your ad and which months issue you'd like it to be in. It can be as many months as you'd like, not just one.

-----

zabazor
Announcement!!! - [OPEN] Zabazor's Insight ~ ♥ FREE ♥ Tarot Is having a Huge sale in honor of the Guild's 4th year. There are free spreads and half priced spreads, but you have to act fast; this amazing offer ends after at the end of the celebration. So come on down and have your fortunes foretold.

zabazor
The Principal of the Academy would like to inform all of the members that there are two NEW and AMAZING Classes that just opened up recently, Tools for Change & Greek Mythology. Both classes are active and gaining lessons at a fast rate. To become a student is no cost [FREE] to you. All you have to do is spend a little of your time to complete the simple lessons. You can learn so many helpful and useful things from the academy, what could possibly be keeping you away from such an amazing opportunity. So come on down and Join a Class Today!

Blessed_Scribe
We are in need of writers for the following sections:
Advanced Practitioners, Animal Totems, Astral Projection, Astrology, Author of the Month, Beginner's Section, Current Affairs, Elements, Gods & Goddesses, Herb Garden and Meditation

If you're interested, please head on over to this thread to pick up the application. Once you've filled it out, please send it to Blessed_Scribe.

It's a paying job (Gaia gold only), so it's well worth it! biggrin

Blessed_Scribe
If you've enjoyed this issue of the newsletter, or have any suggestions, please feel free to post some feedback!

The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games