Reply Ashes of the Wind
[PRP] For the Thrills [ Chath / Quinn ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syusaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:39 am
Miki was still unsure about the past few days. Soft orange contemplatively stared at the child seated across from him, mindlessly munching away at the large, ceramic bowl of macaroni and cheese set in front of them. His chin firmly held in the palm of his hand and his elbow propped on the table, he mulled over about the egg and the girl that had come from the egg.

Which brought him to another question. Was that child really a girl? It was difficult to discern. Her dirty blond hair was short and messy, like a boy’s and she even gravitated toward male clothes. Miki himself had little problem with her cross-dressing, if it was cross-dressing, because he was still doubtful about this child that had plopped itself into his life, claiming to be female when it looked more like a boy with a higher-than-usual voice.

After finishing off her meal, Quinn emitted a satisfied belch and sunk into her chair, looking quite content. “So. Just gonna aimlessly wander town again?” she drawled with a grin, propping herself back into a regular sitting position.

Miki paused and cracked an uneasy smile. “. . . No.” His tone was defensive, a dead giveaway.

The child giggled, narrowing her eyes and crossing her arms. Her icy blue eyes glinted with mischief and the grin upon her face turned sinister by the second. “Luckily, I’ve managed to snag us some coupons to an indoor rock-climbing place that’s recently opened . . .” Her voice trailed off, but Miki knew what he was going to be doing today. There was no going around this child’s wily ways.

He just didn’t want to know how she got them.

He stood up, the legs of his chair scraping against the tile floor. “Let me get the car keys.

And the car ride was filled with Quinn’s voice, coolly rattling off facts about indoor rock-climbing. On what to do and not what to do, making Miki wonder whether the girl would make rock-climbing her hobby.

A worker clipped ropes to the belts of both the girl and the man. While Quinn eagerly zipped off to the top, grasping rocks with her nimble fingers, Miki was still fumbling with his gear.

Move it, slowpoke!” she hollered.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 am
Ever since the indoor rock-climbing place had opened up, Chath had been wanting to check it out some time. At first Michael thought that he wasn't really serious since it didn't initially strike him as something the boy would be interested in. But it seemed that Chath wanted to try out something new and exciting after all.

"Hey Chath," he called out as he entered the apartment after running to do a couple errands. The flame-haired boy glanced up and away from the tv screen and paused the game he currently played at the same time.

"What's up?"

"Remember that rock climbing place you've been wanting to check out? Wanna go today?"

The offer made Chath's eyes widen with excitement. With a wide grin, he quickly nodded and saved his progress before shutting everything off, "I'll go get my shoes on!"

Chuckling softly as the boy jumped on the opportunity, Michael went ahead and put away a few of the things he had been carrying when he walked in as he waited for the kid to get ready. Once they were all set, they left the apartment and made their way to the place.

Inside, it seemed there were a number of climbers of varying skill levels. Michael took this as a good sign seeing how both he and Chath would likely be off in the 'beginner' section of the wall.

"Woah! Did you see that kid? He's really fast!" marveled Chath as he saw a blonde zip right up the wall. From the backside, he thought the blonde was a boy, judging the clothing and hairstyle.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Syusaki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 pm
Quinn dressed as a boy. She had the short, messy hair of a boy. Her voice was just low enough to be taken as a boy with a high voice. Therefore, it wasn’t surprising that people took her as a male rather than the female that she actually was. In the beginning, even Miki wasn’t sure whether to believe the Ashe’s words or not. She was a girl? Really? It was hard to believe. Her eyes were always lit with mischief and her movements rough and harsh, like a boy’s. It was like a boy placed in a girl’s body.

Just never tell Quinn that unless you want to get badly hurt.

Who---Quinn! I’m not exactly the best at learning these kinds of things, you know!” he shouted back, only to be returned with her playfully sticking out her tongue.

The place will close by the time you finish fumbling!” joked the blond, easily climbing back down to meet her guardian.

Hearing Chath’s comment, she curiously turned towards him. “Do you mean me?” she inquired while pointing to herself, then grinned. “It’s nothing special. I’ve always been a nimble person. Always meaning a few months, considering she’d only been a bouncing egg before that.

Would you like a race?” she propositioned, smirking. Races were always fun, especially when you creamed the other person.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm
Once the harnesses were equipped, Chath was ready to tackle the wall. However, the one he noted earlier had turned towards him after he had spoken up. The challenge she issued was quite an alluring one. Even if he had little to no experience with the wall just yet, he couldn't pass it up.

"You're on!" he accepted with a grin. Perhaps they would be able to have multiple races. After all he wasn't too likely to win the first one as is.

Michael, amused with the quick reply, hoped that Chath wouldn't feel too badly if he did lose. The boy seemed to pick things up relatively quickly, but that was more for playing games. He wasn't sure how fast he'd get a grasp on rock climbing here.

"Just be careful ok, Chath?" he shot out. It was probably better to worry more that he'd end up hurting himself while trying to beat the other kid.

"Don't worry about me! I'll be fine."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Syusaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:25 pm
Grinning, he eagerly took on her challenge and Quinn couldn’t stop herself from smirking back. Some competition is healthy, she thought with a smile. Oh, but we know I’ll come out on top every single time. Brain swimming with arrogance, she climbed down until her feet brushed the ground.

Hearing the guardian call out the boy’s name, she glanced at the adult before turning back to the redhead. “So, the name’s Chath? I’m Quinn. Good to meet you,” introduced the blond, stretching out a hand for a brief shake. “Well, now that introductions are over, let’s begin our race. First one to reach the top wins.” She angled her head to stare at the ceiling, eyeing the last hold on the wall.

Having finished securing the proper gear, Miki had made his way up the wall, clumsily reaching for the write hold. “Erm. Don’t get too competitive now, alright? You might get each other hurt because of it. Otherwise, have fun!” he called down, perkily smiling like always.

Don’t worry. It won’t get bad . . . much,”answered Quinn, smiling innocently.

Ashes of the Wind

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games