Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
A Truth to every Myth... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FlickoFly

Dapper Dreamer

24,725 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • 5000 High Score 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm
Herry Rockabore
I know! biggrin I wish that it came out in the US so that more people in the guild would know about it because I've watched all of the episodes and --even though they took liberties in a few places (like you mentioned in the Adonis episode)-- they got a lot more of the real myths represented in a great way, more so than any other version anyway. I think if it came out in the US before it ended it would have never been canceled after 2 seasons because there would have been more people nagging for more and they'd have to make more (a la Teen Titans wink ).

Well actually, that cartoon is played on the Qubo channel, that kids in America can watch too.

I should know, because we have that channel at our house - you can get it for free. I've watched episodes of this show before, so yeah, it's being played in the US. (My little brother really loves Qubo, lol)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 pm
kingofjokers7
@Moneta #2 there was that thing about Atlanta being a decendent of Artemis when Artemis is neither hero nor has children, therefore she cannot have decendents.

Yeah that was a big mistake that a lot of people complain about. The complaining is justifiably to a lot of mythology buffs and I can see that, but --for the people who are hung up on it-- it's no reason to dislike the entire series without giving it a fair shot. wink

Besides, if you watch some of the second season episodes they make an effort to retcon the "Artemis's descendant" mistake by saying in a few episodes her ancestor is Atalanta, which makes a LOT more sense since Atalanta and Atlanta both have running skills (I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence that her name was so close to Atalanta). They probably didn't have the money to change the title sequence and even if they did I'm not sure that the directors and producers would have saw it as something that was a big enough deal.
Flicker Chan

Well actually, that cartoon is played on the Qubo channel, that kids in America can watch too.

I should know, because we have that channel at our house - you can get it for free. I've watched episodes of this show before, so yeah, it's being played in the US. (My little brother really loves Qubo, lol)

That's awesome! I really wish I had that channel where I live because I've been wanting to show my cousin CotT (since I recently got him into Percy Jackson) but he hasn't got the attention span to watch it on the computer.  

Herry Rockabore

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:08 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
GreenInkling
@ Dionysus: Aren't you supposed to be a beautiful young boy in great shape? What has Disney done to you! T-T

I also believe that myths were told not only to explain natural phenomena but to explain the sense of wonder men felt in a world that seemed miraculous. I suppose that that is the same thing; but it is almost as if ancient people needed stories to spark that sense of divinity that they felt living everyday, like

What miracle is this that year after year, the earth dies but always comes back to life?

Thant kind of thing. It still is pretty amazing. I mean, we know how it happens now (the earth tilting on its axis), but we still don't know why. <3

Either a young, long haired man or a grumpy old man. Take a pick!

Young, long-haired man, no contest!

The grumpy old man I usually think of as Silenus.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm
Goddess of The Century

xD

Poor Hades is going to be upset when he sees this.

Yes. Yes I am upset. *twitch twitch*  

HadesPluto

joshleal

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 pm
Oh... My... god... HADES YOU SOUND LIKE A HE/SHE THAT JUST GOT KICKED IN THE BALLS!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
(First Episode, Part One)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClassTitans2005#p/u/155/dJOn1FxdPjM
(Part Two)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClassTitans2005#p/u/154/5G5uDQ4uGig
(Part Three)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClassTitans2005#p/u/153/5AvRfC-SXW4

The rest is in the Uploads thing... You're not that lazy, right?

Hahaha...

Goddess of The Century

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:24 am
joshleal
Oh... My... god... HADES YOU SOUND LIKE A HE/SHE THAT JUST GOT KICKED IN THE BALLS!!!

That has got to hurt so very much! eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:22 am
Flicker Chan
Herry Rockabore
I know! biggrin I wish that it came out in the US so that more people in the guild would know about it because I've watched all of the episodes and --even though they took liberties in a few places (like you mentioned in the Adonis episode)-- they got a lot more of the real myths represented in a great way, more so than any other version anyway. I think if it came out in the US before it ended it would have never been canceled after 2 seasons because there would have been more people nagging for more and they'd have to make more (a la Teen Titans wink ).

Don't know where you're out of, but LA doesn't have Qubo. We have PBS...and their fail of a tech and sound crew. I intend to spend some free time watching the series this semester.  

MorgaineoftheLake

7,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Invisibility 100

MorgaineoftheLake

7,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am
HadesPluto

gonk crying I'm going to go die in a hole now...

It's ok. Go read Goddess of the Spring by P. C. Cast. You really get a good personality there!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:46 am
Why does Persephone sound more manly then Hades?  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

dying anarchy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:02 pm
Goddess of The Century

... Pft.
That's Hades?

rofl

I showed that to my cousin, and now she's like,
"I'm going to pretend I never saw that!"

I think she threw up...? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:04 pm
HadesPluto
Goddess of The Century

xD

Poor Hades is going to be upset when he sees this.

Yes. Yes I am upset. *twitch twitch*

It's OK. * pats back *  

dying anarchy

Etoiles_Grace

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:16 am
GreenInkling
Mnemosyne Moneta
GreenInkling
@ Dionysus: Aren't you supposed to be a beautiful young boy in great shape? What has Disney done to you! T-T

I also believe that myths were told not only to explain natural phenomena but to explain the sense of wonder men felt in a world that seemed miraculous. I suppose that that is the same thing; but it is almost as if ancient people needed stories to spark that sense of divinity that they felt living everyday, like

What miracle is this that year after year, the earth dies but always comes back to life?

Thant kind of thing. It still is pretty amazing. I mean, we know how it happens now (the earth tilting on its axis), but we still don't know why. <3

Either a young, long haired man or a grumpy old man. Take a pick!

Young, long-haired man, no contest!

The grumpy old man I usually think of as Silenus.

I agree with you, in fact, they do the same in Percy Jackson, so when I do fan art, I do NOT make him fat, and Sileanus is the pot bellied one of the two stare  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff