Reply The Planet Pern -[U/C]-
+Welcome to Pern+

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anything you're not clear on?
  Nope, thanks for explaining!
  Yeah! I'm so confuuused.... (If so PM a VC or post in Queries thread)
View Results

Eisette
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:35 pm
User Image

Contents:

+Rules
+Character Profile and how to fill it out
+Posting Guide
+Subforums
+Affiliates and Credits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 pm
Rules:

1. Know at least a little about the Pern series. That means having read at least ONE of the books solely by Anne McCaffrey. If this is one pre-Aivas, then please (briefly at least) research what happened in the story after what you've read. I don't discriminate readers of Todd's books, or the Todd&Anne books, but since we are re-writing the story from that point on, they aren't related at all to this.

2. God-modding is NOT allowed. You can RP as your own characters and some NPC's when needed, but other people's characters are strictly off-limits. This includes their dragons, firelizards, relatives, any any pets they may have. Concerning relatives, you may NOT have your charrie saying someones relative said such and such about another character unless it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the relative speaks about their character like this. Same when concering the manners of dragons, flits and pets.

3. No HAD's allowed, unless you have good reason, you have PM'd the VC (Vice-captain) or Owner, and there are no more than two active HAD's in the role-play at this time. PM me if you wish to discuss the possibility for your character. This also applies to HAF's - for further explanation; these are Hear-All-Dragon characters, such as Lessa and Robinton; Hear-All-Firelizards (not in the books, but much like Ruth has an affinity with them). These make roleplay annoying, so NO! xD

4. Don't pick a fight with another member. It's fine if your characters are going after each other, just don't do it out of character. If this happens, you will both be banned from role-playing until you are able to RP without prejudice, or if one or both of you decide not to post OOC anymore. However, I will not allow one member to be pushed to not OOC by the other, and I WILL follow it up.

5. Proofread your posts, please. Yes, 'Weyr' is a funnily-spelt word, but that is how it is spelt in the books, and that is how it shall be spelt here. Text-speak is STRICTLY forbidden - it doesn't take all that long to double-check your spelling, and it makes your post a lot easier for everyone to read. If you're not sure about the spelling of a word, please put (sp?) after the word you're unsure of.

6. Try to keep things to a PG-13 level. That's means no posting about the *finer* details of a mating flight. That stays strictly behind closed curtains (It's not like the rest of us really wanna READ that! xD). If you really MUST do this, take it to PM's.

7. Post often - that means more than 3 times in two-weeks. Even if the other person in a role-play doesn't post, either invite another person into the role-play or just role-play with yourself (NPC or a second charrie you may have). A roleplay thread that hasn't been posted in for 2 months at the MOST will go the subforum.

8. Firelizards are around, but non-metallics are in majority. No one may join with a gold firelizard without PM-ing me to ask for one, and they must have a reason why their character needs one. For now, we currently have a 1-flit limit, unless the storyline means you impress another, or you giev me a good enough reason through PM why you should have more. It will be the decision of the Weyrleader and I who will be able to obtain more in the storyline.

9. Character's need to be original - remember, the last relevant books were just after Aivas died, and the later ones are disregarded in this storyline. Therefore, you can't use characters, families, events or new places from there. Nor can you claim to be descended from one of the character's in the allowed books - no-one on Pern bothers to RECORD that, so the most you character can claim is some *enter rank here* blood in them from their ancestors. No names!

10. Please be patient while waiting for someone to respond to your post. We can't all be on 24/7, important things happen in real life, so don't rip into a member if they have ignored your post for a few days.

11. DO NOT create a character and then never post again, or only hang around until the Hatching and stop posting right after Impressing! Hatchings and events take alot of effort from us Crew, and taking off just because you didn't get a bronze or gold is not only childish, it deprives others of the chance to RP with you. If you haven't been seen in over four months and left no reason for your absence, then your charrie would become NPC's/casualties, and will lose the right to impress. I'm including if your character is only present right before a hatching! If the person returns with a good reason, they can reclaim their characters, but if this happens more than twice, their character may *just* be killed off. Kekeke...

11. In your character application form, put Pern in capitals at the end, to show you have read the rules. I understand if you post your form but forget to add it, but if so, please edit it straight away, otherwise application will not be accepted!

13. 'Sport' or 'throwback' dragons will not be accepted unless you have PM'd me to ask for permission with a damn good reason (xD). Sport dragons, as they're mostly known, are rare, exceptional dragons such as Ruth. These are usually crippled, smaller, oddly coloured or have some kind of extra feature that makes them an oddity of dragonkind. For example, Ruth was a runt, with a white hide. Another kind may be a multi-coloured dragon - blue and green, perhaps. These, remember, are pretty rare, and will most likely only occur if something BIG happened to the dam of the clutch, or the egg in question while growing.

14. Characters don't have to strictly stick to their forms, nor will a candidate be chosen/overlooked depending on the form. I am a massive believer in character-building through the RP. For example, one of my characters in an old role-play was very shy, but upon joining the weyr, she found herself more and more outgoing. The way your character acts in the roleplay is more a deciding factor on the personality of a matching dragon for a candidate then the way your character is portrayed in the application form.

15. We are all human! We all make mistakes in grammar, spelling, and the occasional slight god-mod during the heat of writing. That is why I'm changing an afore-mentioned rule, and at the end of your application form do NOT per PERN, instead put the number that I have put in twice in these rules. It's at the start, in the middle, you can't miss it =)

16. Write, roleplay and be active! Let the dragons flyyyy! (Yeah, I was trying to go for a eat, drink, and be merry, let yourselves run free sorta thing, but meh.)

Eisette
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Eisette
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:52 am
Character Guidelines:

Before you start roleplaying, you will need to post a new thread the 'Character Profiles' subforum. This will hold your profile (below), an image of your character is you choose, and any other information you feel is necessary to your character. Entitle the thread following this guideline:
'C'ake, Greenrider of Cheeseth, Benden - Applying'
Basically..*Name of charrie, rank, location - join status*

Do not start roleplaying until this profile has been accepted!
You will know it's been accepted when the word 'applying' has been changed to 'accepted'. If there is something wrong with your profile, mods will point out the mistakes in a reply, and change the join status to 'Revise'. Once you've revised it and are ready to send the request again, title it 'Revised' or 'Edited'. This way, mods will know to look at it, and see if there's anything you missed or if you put anything that doesn't work with the story, and can accept you after you've edited it - they won't know until the title has changed!

Repeat, Do not post until your profile has been accepted!

So this is the profile..
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Pets:[/b]

If unsure of what to put where, please see this below:
Username: -Self-explanatory.
Character Name: -Name of your character. No last names, remember, and if a male dragonrider, put both pre-impression and post-impression.
Rank: -This may be ANY position in the Weyr, Hall or Hold, unless it is taken. This is usually a rider, weyrling or a candidate. If you wish to be a bronze or goldrider, please provide a good reason why you think your dragon's personality matched up with your dragon's personality, otherwise you will be requested to choose a different color of dragon. If you wish to be a LordHolder, please check which positions are free and give a good reason why you think your character should be. If you wish to be the head of any Hold, please specify which Hold is yours in the 'Location' section.
Location: -Which Weyr (Benden, Rokan, Teth), Hall or Hold your character lives in, and which subforum they will roleplay in.
Appearance: -Semi-literate or Literate description.
Personality: -Semi-lit.-Lit description of how your character acts. Make sure this is fitting - if they are easily submissive and lazy, do not mention how they will defend themselves fiercely, etc.
Bio: -Semi-lit.-Lit description of their life until the point you will begin roleplaying.
Pets: -This section may include a maximum of two firelizards, unless you are a non-rider, in which case you may (or may not, depending on rank) be asked to only have one, or choose a trusty steed or watch-wher or such. It all depends on circumstances, rank, and how many there are already; if you're unsure of what you think your character should have, please put your question in this section.

If your character is a dragonrider or a weyrling, you must include this profile with your characters:
[b]Dragon's name:[/b]
[b]Color:[/b]
[b[Gender:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

To fill this out, this is what you'd need to put in:
Dragon's name: -This must always end in 'th'. If you have impressed in-thread, this and the following details have been given to you.
Color: -If in Rokan or Benden, this may be either Green, Blue, Brown, Bronze or Gold.
Gender: -I know this is easy to identify in most colors, but it can be confusing in some. Just put it down xD
Description: -No two dragons are the same, even if they have the same color. Shading may be different all over the body, and they may be large, medium, or small for their color. This may also include build, how muscled, etc.
Personality: -The personality of the dragon - it could also either complement or oppose your character's personality, if you so wish.
Other: -Injuries may be put here, if any are sustained.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:06 am
Posting Guide:

Posting is pretty easy, self-explanatory really. All you need to do is write a reply in the thread, or create a new thread in the subforum. If you choose to do the latter, please set it out as such:
'[*who it includes, characters or users] *title of thread*'
i.e. '[F'erd/Lucy] Mending in the Infirmary'

If it's a role-play in which anyone can post, it's open. You would put:
'[ORP (this is for Open Role-Play) *title of thread*'
example..'[ORP] Mending in the Infirmary'

For the title of the thread, please put the place it is set in your location, or a name corresponding to it, so we know what it's about. For example, you could name it 'Cranky Old Men' if it's a group of old riders in bad moods after some event.

Always post in 3rd person and past-tense. If a dragon is speaking, italicize it and use a color. If a rider is mind-speaking to his dragon, just use italics. Besides that, you may color anything whatever you want (within reason! xD).  

Eisette
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Eisette
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 am
Subforums:

*reserved*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:36 am
Links and Credits:

User Image

If you wanna be here, PM an URL/ImageURL to me!

Pern, including the Pern books, Pern images, and the ideas including and about Pern are copyright to Anne McCaffrey, original author of the Pern series. We do not claim to have rights of the Pern series, nor claim the idea of Pern as our own.

Eisette
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The Planet Pern -[U/C]-

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items