Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
McGee's Alice movie is going to be animated?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am
I finally found the actual website for the second game. There was a link to an interview with American McGee, and something he said interests me;

"Personally, I think a well-done animated film tied up with the release of the game would be cool to see."

Link to the interview

What do you guys think about this? Would you like the movie adaptation to be animated?

I would; I think animation would be able to get the feel right of the original game. The games style wasn't realistic, it was twisted. This is a good idea in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 pm
Ok, so I'm somewhat confused now. That interview seems to say they're making a second game but uses the word "potential" in terms of McGee making an Alice movie. What's the story here? Is it 100% confirmed by now that he is making a movie or is it just a new game or what?

I agree, I think doing a animated movie (or CG) would be the best approach. Beyond being twisted I think it would be fun to have a more game-like look to it. Think of it as a reminder of what you're watching and where it came from. Plus there's so much more you can do with animation and CG that you can't get with live action.

Irish Stout

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 pm
I have no idea if its actually been confirmed, but a lot of sites seem to believe there will be a movie. I know that the game is being made, but there's hardly any information on the movie. That's why I think if they are making one it is going to be animated.

McGee seems much more interested in Alice 2 than a movie adapatation of the first game anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 pm
Hmmm... I agree. Animation or CG would really give off the feeling of bringing the game to life. And the effects would be fantastic. On the other hand, I was kinda looking forward to a live action version, just because I like seeing the people casted for the roles and how exact/inexact they are. XD

Then again, I'm kinda confused about this whole movie think anyway... I mean, on something like this shouldn't there be a little more details being confirmed? o_O

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 pm
Yeah there should really. o_O The movie rumor has been around for years though, its only recently they've started talking about it again.

I think why McGee's Alice being animated would be awesome is because most of the characters in it could only be animated. Even the Hatter, I mean, have you seen the McGee's Hatter? XD

Oh... can you imagine the McGee's Jabberwock in animation? o.o Wow.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:42 pm
I would love it if they made a movie or animated American Mcgee's Alice. I can only imagine how awsome the grahpics would look animated or in a real life movie...  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Xi Wang chan

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm
Omg ><', Im really fuzzy then (Game-Movie-Game-Movie)... but talking about animated movie, I guess must be a good choice (At least on this case owO) because can be more flexible than "just" FX and every of these matters owO...

Im still have hope on watch my American McGee's Alice's movie someday >w<...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 pm
SWEEET i was looking for that game also  

KirstenGoodteacher

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:15 pm
Hmmm, you can buy the game on eBay usually, that's where I got mine... then I found out my aunt had a copy with the original boxart... so now I have two copies of the game.

Anyway yeah... eBay. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 pm
I like the idea of it being animated a whole lot better than live action. Especially because that way the actors can be chosen based on voice rather than looks. Plus that means that there may not be Buffy as alice. Side note on the sequel game: Has anyone seen the fan video?  

The Fate Morgana

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:18 am
Ooh, I loved the first game to pieces (sadly in a literal sense..sigh..) when I was told of a second one I practically swooned, but a movie? An animated one at that? Now that is something I would definitely love to see without a doubt.  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games