Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply GGG Contests
Feed back required! All geezers please read. + registar. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Team play or every man/woman for themselves?
Team!! There's no I in team.
63%
 63%  [ 233 ]
Solo!! I wantsh it! Gimme the precious!!
36%
 36%  [ 132 ]
Total Votes : 365

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:52 pm
This Christmas the GGG will be throwing the biggest contest we've ever thrown.
We will be holding another scavenger hunt like the ghost hunt at Halloween only this time there will be 100 prizes of 10k each and a bonus prize for the winner.

However we need your help with something.

We cant decide whether to form you players into teams or leave you playing as individuals.
Team play will ultimately prove the best fun and also make things a bit fairer on those of us who dont get to spend as much time here as others.
But individual play could prove to be a lot simpler.

Please give us your opinion's on this matter and if you want to play, please register here by posting!

User Image

Stumblefoot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:53 pm
woooooooooo! 1st post.

Still forming an opinion. Hard to know how teams will work.... but sounds cool and funner. Ransacking the whole Guild is too much work for one person! sweatdrop  

bandaidd
Crew

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:00 pm
I'm in favor of team play, but like Bandaidd said how would it work.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:27 pm
Nei1
I'm in favor of team play, but like Bandaidd said how would it work.
If teams win the vote then all registered players will be devided in to as equal as possible teams of a yet undecided number.

The team who finds the most icons hidden in the archives of the guild will be the winner and win the top prize, which as yet is also not yet decided but will be awesome!!

We are toying with the idea of Avi art for the winner if solo, but a team prize is still under discussion.

User Image

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

xX Lady Lily Xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 pm
I rather do it solo. Just because I don't never know when I will be able to do it and I wouldn't want a team to depend on me for anything  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:32 pm
I would have to agree with Bandaidd. I have no idea this being my first year...Cherry picking time? lol anyhow. It seems like it would be A LOT for me to catch up on in order to at least be semi coherent enough to participate.  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Aleetheeuh

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 pm
Considering the prize purse. It might be best to play in solo's instead of teams.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:54 pm
I'm really open to both ideas, but it would be nice just to give the team thing a "try" as an experiment for future games…just a thought.  

JustinShowcase

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Maune

Fashionable Connoisseur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:33 pm
Hmmmm. solo or teams well the team idea does sound great and something that would be interesting as for who will be on what teams is the questions unless you prefer a men vs ladies kinda team but probably would lose that way lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 pm
JustinShowcase
I'm really open to both ideas, but it would be nice just to give the team thing a "try" as an experiment for future games…just a thought.
How about half team and half solo? Teams for people who can get online at once and solo for those aren't online all the time.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:15 pm
I think teams might make it easier for people who want to play, but can't be online so much. It would also cut down on the amount of threads that each person would have to look through. It might keep people from dominating the hunt so much, too, and encourage more people to play.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 pm
JustinShowcase

Going solo can be rewarding in it's own way, but I think teamwork can get the best results. Right, Partner? cool  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:51 am
If we form teams, how are we going to decide who is on what team? Are we going to need to draw straws or something?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 am
That is the question here now if we have teams who is on what team?  

Maune

Fashionable Connoisseur

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:29 pm
This is my entry! xd

And this is my answer: I'm open to both as well, and I like where Showcase is coming from. It would be nice to give it a try for future references, afterall, this is for FUN! So, why not try different things? I'm pretty sure this won't be the last event anyhow, so.................I'm in either way buddy! blaugh  
GGG Contests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff