Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Good-Deed Doers

Back to Guilds

A guild who loves to help others, and make a better Gaia for us all! 

Tags: helping, good deeds, helpers, items, gold 

Reply Hall of Fame
Big News![No more point system]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laroka
Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:08 pm
After this week we will be getting rid of the Good Deed point system due to people understanding the reason we are all here. Many people have been telling me that they do not want to get good deed points for doing good deeds, because they just love helping other out with no reward.

So after week 1 they will not be any gold/item prizes. However the Crew and I will be looking at all the good deeds you all prost, and we will pick a good deed doer of the week! That person will be announced, and reconized on the guild home page!

Thank you for reading and I hope you understand, and not dissapointed. We will still have other contests, lottos, games, and give aways for winning gold for you all, and helping the guild grow in funds.

Thanks for reading!

Laroka

I'm leavin this thread opend so you can give me your input! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:41 pm
This is actually the best thing to do. If the GDP system is still exist, it will cause everyone to donate back and forth just to get points. Thus, it will defeat the "good deed" purpose. User Image Though the random pick of "Good deed doer of the week" should be someone who isn't just a GD doer in terms of "donating" or "helping", but also at "attitude", "personality", and other things. User Image And to keep it fair, I think there should be a weekly poll with the names of Good Deed Candidates for that week so that members can vote for them. Otherwise, I think it's a slightly bit unfair if it's just up to us staffs' decision. User Image  

Toriki-chi

Lunatic

Silver Nox

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Hmm, I don't know about the voting because it almost seems like a someone might get a lot of votes just because they are well known or something... but that might no happen. i'm not sure  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 pm
------------------------------------
Well I'm kinda really new but I just wanted to say that I also think it's better without the points!^^
------------------------------------

Ankisuru
Crew

Gracious Hunter

Laroka
Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:59 pm
Toriki_Tojimo
This is actually the best thing to do. If the GDP system is still exist, it will cause everyone to donate back and forth just to get points. Thus, it will defeat the "good deed" purpose. User Image Though the random pick of "Good deed doer of the week" should be someone who isn't just a GD doer in terms of "donating" or "helping", but also at "attitude", "personality", and other things. User Image And to keep it fair, I think there should be a weekly poll with the names of Good Deed Candidates for that week so that members can vote for them. Otherwise, I think it's a slightly bit unfair if it's just up to us staffs' decision. User Image
Yeah, I know what you mean.

So should we let every one in the guild vote in a poll each week, or should the crew vote. What do you all think?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 pm
Laroka
So should we let every one in the guild vote in a poll each week, or should the crew vote. What do you all think?

One vote for that from me. 3nodding

Oh! And err. . . . crew members can't participate in the award-winning. User ImageYeah  

Toriki-chi

Lunatic

ankiannabar
Crew

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 am
Laroka
"Pride is the mother who is pregnant with all the other sins"
That means humility is the greatest virtue.

I agree with Nox on this one. There's a high risk of popularity votes, especially because people invite their friends here.
Plus, if it's a public vote, it might annoy some people to see that one person is getting all the votes, and they have almost nothing, even though both people are doing the same amount of good.

I think it's a dangerous thing to get into >< I think it should be the crew's decision because we help run the thread and what not.
If someone wants to help with the decision, maybe they should consider becoming crew wink

But I like that there's no point system anymore!

Listen to rap, pop rock, rock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm
@Akian: Hmm. . . Good point. How about using random number generator system to determine the rightful one? Of course, before that, we'll have to list out the appropriate candidate. User Image  

Toriki-chi

Lunatic

Rad Disease

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 pm
this is our biggest fear

I kinda feel bad cause I don't ever really do anything. D=

the only tunes that we hear  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:22 pm
I'm cool with not being rewarded for doing good deeds...besides you do you best good work when not asked to or when your not rewarded...at least that is my philosophy.  

Shinigami_CC

Hall of Fame

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff