Welcome to Gaia! ::

a written word - the new version!

Back to Guilds

a friendly atmosphere to discuss books, writing, and so much more! 

Tags: Book, Write, Read, Roleplaying, Random, and more!, Movies, Music, Sports, Food, Fan Fiction 

Reply "The only crime worse than burning books, is not reading them."
◐ Inspiration: Writing Prompts & Exercises & Tips◑

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lynnden_472
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:32 pm
User Image

INSPIRATION: WRITING PROMPTS AND EXERCISES AND TIPS

Share some of your best writing tips, prompts and exercises with your fellow members or, come here to get some great inspiration for your own works.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 am
I always write down all most any idea that comes to my head that might even SLIGHTLY be a story idea in the future. If you're creative enough, you can turn anything into something. Music helps keep me going when I'm writing.  

Biyanka

Namiko_of_Andreon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:58 pm
Someone said that if you keep a journal next to your bed and write down ALL your dreams THE MOMENT you wake up every morning it will help you remember them (so you can remember the good ones) and also bring your subconcious imagination to....conciousness when you need it. Good for writing. and I promise it works I remember nearly everything now and I don't even have to reread my journal, but I do anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:02 am
A lot of my best stories came from my dreams. Another one came from a school project, oddly enough. Everyone only turned in a couple of paragraphs and I turned in 17 hand written pages.

"On the way to school, you were kidnapped by aliens..."

This is now a nine-book saga I'm working on.

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lilithmae

Dapper Prophet

5,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:53 am
I do a lot of free writing;I write down everything that pops into my head, even completely random thoughts like:"I wonder what's for dinner..."
It helps a lot. Music is good,too. I usually prod my muse awake using Mozart or Bach or Vivaldi. I also draw;sometimes after a finish a random drawing,I get inspired to create a story for it. Dreams are definitely a big help,too.

"The only crime worse than burning books, is not reading them."

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games