29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Ah screw it, they all kicked a**.
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 27

wariodude128

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm
http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_7-commandments-all-videogames-should-obey.html

I've read the entire thing and I have to say that every commandment makes a lot more sense than that "other" list of commandments. The only thing I'm sort of saying isn't true is the part where Tidus in Final Fantasy X starts laughing. To me, it sounded like he wasn't really laughing but forcing himself to laugh. I digress though, and think this is an awesome thing everyone here should read.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:57 pm
The last commandment is probably my favorite.  

Waynebrizzle

Topaz4293

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 pm
I like the second to last one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:11 pm
The first and last have to be my favorites.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:04 pm
I am a close follower of the 7th amendment now. XD

HaVe A nIcE dAy  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:32 pm
wariodude128
http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_7-commandments-all-videogames-should-obey.html

I've read the entire thing and I have to say that every commandment makes a lot more sense than that "other" list of commandments. The only thing I'm sort of saying isn't true is the part where Tidus in Final Fantasy X starts laughing. To me, it sounded like he wasn't really laughing but forcing himself to laugh. I digress though, and think this is an awesome thing everyone here should read.
the fourth one  

FatxManxMaggot

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:54 pm
#7, #5-#1 are great. I love it though, in the final, #1 Commandment, they used diagrams of the systems to show the power and sales compared to eachother. AND THE WII TOTALLY OWNED, despite the small power size. Actually, it was the DS that owned. Man, that one dude totally got his a** handed to him and he probably doesn't even know it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm
7 is better than 10

Donovan001

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 pm
#1: I completely agree but I'd prefer graphics AND innovation.
#2: It's unfortunate this even has to be here.
#3: If they can keep making good games I don't care if they keep pumping them out. s**t, if they're still fun I don't care if it's Final Fantasy 47 or Call of Duty Modern World of Warfare at War 17.
#4: Killing IS fun, better character models should fall more into graphics and developer lazyness. Oh and ******** you guys I love Freeman's crowbar! <3
#5: Repetition sucks. Grrrr level grinding...
#6: I don't mind padding as long as it's not repeatative padding.
#7: Being able to play with other people in the same room is awesome but it doesn't take much away from a game for me. Ever heard of taking turns?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:53 pm
I hate when people complain about the Final Fantasy X voice acting and use the Tidus and Yuna FAKE laughing scene as an example.

They were FAKE laughing it's SUPPOSED to sound fake. Yuna was just like "try laughing out loud" and Tidus just does, and Yuna joins him. That was probably the best quality voice acting in the whole game actually. It's easy, anyone can fake laugh.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm
Comandment 8- Thou shalt not craft thy gameplay to shoehorn gamers into trying your new innovative mechanics

(See: Red Steel et al on the Wii, Ratchet and Clank Future)

So you're going through a great game like R&CF, turning bitches into barnyard animals with your ray gun, and suddenly the action grinds to a halt in order to make you do some lame a** hacking game using the sixaxis.

Not necessary. There is a time and a place for it, but not in the middle of the action.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 am
Allegro
Comandment 8- Thou shalt not craft thy gameplay to shoehorn gamers into trying your new innovative mechanics

(See: Red Steel et al on the Wii, Ratchet and Clank Future)

So you're going through a great game like R&CF, turning bitches into barnyard animals with your ray gun, and suddenly the action grinds to a halt in order to make you do some lame a** hacking game using the sixaxis.

Not necessary. There is a time and a place for it, but not in the middle of the action.

I think that what you described falls into the game actually working commandment. I can't be sure though since it's not in front of me.  

wariodude128

Clydsdale_Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:25 am
# 4, I mean who doesnt want to kill something and it not be fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:17 pm
This has been necroed please lock or delete.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

wariodude128

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:27 pm
Ignore the previous post. While it is true that this has been "necroed", it is something everyone here should read.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff