Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rock Your Booty

Back to Guilds

A safe haven for those who enjoy the art of grabbing booty ;D! 

Tags: booty grab, aquarium, money, prizes, contests 

Reply Shipwreck Island [ Find help and guides here! ]
Need some advise for making a Booty Grab thread! (SOLVED)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuchsn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 am
I feel like making a Booty Grab thread of my own!
Now I am looking for some tipps and advice how to make a good thread...

Please share your wisdom with Luna! ^^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:52 am
Currently making a list of really awesome tanks, which I will invite. (:

Edit: Here we go!

User Image

Fuchsn

[-Flame Haze Hiro-]
Captain

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:31 pm
If you ever make a Booty Grab thread and intend to put a lot of tanks with high triggers, you should make your thread a short-paged one (5-6 tanks per page).

Placing a bunch of tanks in one page can create a large amount of lag and make it frustrating for users who don't have high speed internet or a new computer with the latest hardware.

People love contests, but only have contests if you have the extra funds and items to give away.

Use the Guild's Quick Link Guide to find tanks that may grab your attention.

The guild is (or rather I am) planning to make a member's tank list so people can use to invite other users to their Booty Grab thread. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 pm
The best length of a BG thread is about 10-15 pages for me. I tend to find more glowing tanks and patience to go on at that length.
Less tanks in a page is nice for getting rid of lags but only about 5-6 tanks per page isn't that alluring. I would like at least 10 tanks per page.
Contests can keep threads alive but only if there's a nice prize. :3
So yeah, that's all I can think of for now  

Force X

950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Keiko Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 pm
I've got no advice for making booty grab threads. Never done it, and likely never will. As a player however, I do know what I like.

Unlike many, I like long booty grab threads (25 to 100 pages) with lots of great tanks to play. Contests don't interest me much, so I tend to ignore them. If I like a thread I'll subscribe, or save a link to it somewhere. If I'm reading & posting and come on a lit tank - great - I'll play - but when I need gold for something I want long threads with lots of tanks.

As for short pages or long pages, both are fine in my opinion. The lower load time for the short pages is nice, but it's not a deal breaker for me.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:03 am
make more ppl put their tanks here!!!!!! nd tap tap tap and grab some loot (booty) xp  

Chitandaa

Rainbow Fairy

13,650 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500

Fuchsn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm
Cute Goddess 99
make more ppl put their tanks here!!!!!! nd tap tap tap and grab some loot (booty) xp

This is not supposed to be a Booty Grab Thread... I think you got something wrong.
You will find the thread by following the banner in the second post! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 pm
Invite tanks with high triggers, but make it short, 5 tanks per page.  

Styxx Brimstone

LuvCandice13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:37 am
I have never made my own but I have thought about it, and here are some things that I think are important.

I usually lose interest after the first 10-15pages. I like to subscribe and to visit threads that have their best tanks posted first.

As people have said, contests keep threads alive. The easiest contests that do not require a lot of work from the owner of the thread are dice-rolling or generating numbers (the winner can then PM you with the thread page so you can make sure they are not lying). Bumping contests are good for keeping the thread moving, but it can be difficult for the owner to keep track of how many times people are bumping.

I also like threads that have a variety of different tanks in them *tanks full of watermeat, mermaids, and monsters are my favorite*.  
Shipwreck Island [ Find help and guides here! ]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games