Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
Tsubasa and xxxHolic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rygart Arrow

Enduring Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 pm
I've only really started reading the manfa of xxHolic after finishing the xxxHolic series.

I was wondering what whole deal of Tsubasa and xxxHolic crossing over at some point in the anime of xxxHolic was about. At one point i was quite confused therefor it may of left me missing out on some key parts of the whole thing.

Can anyone care to sum up the cross over. I dont mind spoilers.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:17 pm
Your lucky I've read both mangas. Tsubasa involves traveling between worlds, and Yuuko's title is "The Witch of Dimensions", for she is the only one who has the power to cross worlds more than once (as is the limit of most people). Throughout Tsubasa, Yuuko helps out them by granting wishes and giving items. At one point, the point where Watanuki is in the dream world, he helps princess Sakura find one of her "memories". I hope this helps...  

princessnatalie4815

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:13 pm
The Holic anime series doesn't crossover with Tsubasa, if I remember correctly. The two manga crossover with each other multiple times, but this connection was edited out in the Holic anime because Tsubasa's rights were tied to another animation company. However, the connection was left in Tsubasa's anime, for some reason.

In the manga, Tsubasa characters appear in Holic as early as the end of volume 1. The Tsubasa gang asks Yuuko for help multiple times after that, and it's either shown or mentioned in the Holic manga depending on the incident. I'd give extended examples, but it gets spoiler-y the further you go.

The xxxHolic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games