Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Protections and Shields ~ Check Last Post Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

doistu

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:51 am
Introduction!

Em hotep and welcome to this class on Protections and Shields!!

My name is doistu (or Honey it's really up to you). I've been practicing my craft for about 6 years and have found that Protections are perhaps a bit of a talent of mine so I hope any info I share with you here is useful for you.

This class should, according to my current lesson plan, last 8 weeks. That means a new lesson every week and also a brief homework to be submitted here by all participants. The homework is mainly to see if you're on track and if there's anything more that I can help you with.

Of course my PM box is always open so if you feel lost or stuck don't hesitate to drop me a line. I am happy to help.

Index:
1. Introduction ~ You are here.
2. Rules and Information
3. Current Students and How to Join
4. The Lesson Plan

I hope you enjoy the class! Brightest Blessings.

Old Protections Class  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:53 am
Rules and Information

Rules:
1. Follow the TOS and the Guild rules as well as the following.
2. No txt tlk plz. It's not necessary.
3. Please register before joining the discussion.
4. I will give homework. It's nothing scary but it should be completed and posted here so that we can all see how well you're doing.
5. Respect everyone. I mean everyone.
6. Lurkers are allowed of course but please don't post unless you have registered.
7. ENJOY YOURSELF!!

Other Information:
Lessons will be posted in the "Think" format.
You can PM me at any time at all with no worries.
If you have a good (or even bad) experience then write it down, post it and pop it in your Book of Shadows. All experiences help us grow.

Anyone joining late may do so but you still need to register and send all previous homeworks to me so I can see that you've completed the whole course.

doistu

doistu

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:54 am
Current Students and How to Join

Anyone can join and everyone is free to sign up. If you would like to join then just send me a little PM with the following infomation about yourself.

Quote:
Name:
A little something about yourself:

Current Students:
~ Beautiful Propaganda ~
~ Chaos Blue ~
~ captains bootie ~
~ ummei ~
~ KillerQueen Bash~
~ loveblackbutterflies ~
~ Jenny Artucio ~
~ Velloxys Twilight ~
~ Ephemeral Lazarus ~

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:54 am
The Lesson Plan!

Week 1: Introduction ~ Why we use Protections
Week 2: How we can build energy I ~ Visualisation
Week 3: How we can build energy II ~ Chants
Week 4: Active Protections I ~ What is an "active" Protection + The Banishing
Week 5: Active Protections II ~ The Bounce-Back
Week 6: Passive Protections I ~ What is a "passive" Protection + The Bubble
Week 7: Passive Protections II ~ The Distraction
Week 8: How to pick the best Protection for your situation
*Week 9: Charging and object for Protection purposes* (Thank you Chaos Blue)
{A summary including symbols and other correspondances will be added to round off the class here. Any ideas will be appreciated}

If anyone has any ideas for extra lessons then PM and I'll get them out. This is YOUR class. I'm just the teacher.

doistu

doistu

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:35 am
Announcements!

13 May 2009: I will be posting the first lesson this afternoon. {I apologise. I was unexpectedly called away today. The lesson will be up tomorrow.}
14 May 2009: First lesson is up. I'm now waiting for homeworks.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 am
Intro: Why we use Protections

Welcome to the first lesson of the class. I hope everyone is well.

When I first thought about how vital Protections are I realised that I used them a lot more than I thought I did.
In a magical way I would use a protection if I felt I couldn't escape from a situation. For example, negative energy was being focused on me and seemed to follow me everywhere! It was really hard to shake this nasty stuff so I had to use magic to get rid of it.

But we also deflect negative energy and protect ourselves in a mundane way. For example, we get grief from someone in our school/workplace so we deliberately remove ourselves from the room or immediate area and thus stem the nasty negativity...

But I find that any energy, anywhere (especially if it's negative) will follow you. I don't know if it's because magic-working pagans feel it more because they acknowledge it or because some people are just naturally predisposed to feel its' effects.

Whatever the reason we sometimes feel protections are necessary. For me they're just a part of day-to-day life.
I use them to ward of people, energy or even if I feel like energy might be there but I'm not sure. Sometimes I might use one before I sense anything!!

So, though this lesson was perhaps a little short, I thought it would be nice if, for homework, all students could share their experiences of using protections or being in a situation where they wanted to use a protection. This way I can see where you all are and we can all have a good discussion about it.

{If you would like to PM me your homework for personal reasons then you are welcome to and may still participate in the discussion smile }

I hope you enjoyed the lesson and I look forward to reading your work!

doistu

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:44 am
For the life of me, I can't remember what spells I used on myself sweatdrop I used a shield on my house when I remembered I forgot to get the key out of the lock, and I'd be gone all day and people were having problems with crime and stuff in our neighborhood. You were supposed to visualize a gray wall in front of what you wanted to protect. Nobody broke in, so I guess it worked.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:40 am
I'm glad you had a positive experience with your workings. Have you ever used a protection on yourself?  

doistu

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:00 pm
doistu
I'm glad you had a positive experience with your workings. Have you ever used a protection on yourself?
Yep, I tried a spell about a week ago to keep away night terrors. It and a cleansing spell pretty much make my room livable by now smile Some weird thing's been hanging out here lately.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:54 pm
[boo's guild]

"Intro: Why we use Protections"

I don't recall ever using an actual 'protection' spell or anything such as that.
However, before a choir tryout a few weeks ago, I used a sort of calming chant. It did help to keep my fear under control, and I just felt safer. Would that count? Protecting myself from my own fear?
I had also carried a hematite stone with me, which helped as well.

Mostly, I encounter situations where I wish I could protect myself from my own irratonal fears and anxieties, and looming negative energy [which I haven't been able to truly shake for years].

Edit:
I think this is a great starter lesson, to get us thinking about what it can be and not just 'this is this, and that is that, and thats how it is.'

User Image

captains bootie

Hallowed Smoker

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 pm
The night before I took a flight back to where I live from a vacation, I channeled some calming energy into a necklace my friend gave me as a Christmas gift. Now, every time I wear it I feel lighter than normal, as if there was very little to no negativity jabbing at me whenever I travel over long distances.

Sometimes I wished I could protect myself from people that just seem to throw negative vibes out at me practically every time they spoke.

On a side note, my mom bought this mental shielding tape like years ago. It was a recording of this doctor guiding you through a visualization process for protecting yourself with a bubble of light against those who were negative people. Her and I used to go through the guided meditation a lot, but one day, we just lost the tape. Recently my mom bought it again on a CD. It's nice to have it again, but I haven't done it since she's received it.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:53 am
captains bootie: If you feel you were protecting yourself from your fear then you must have been hehe. Intution is important here...it can be a wishy-washy subject but my aim with this lesson was to focus you all on how you could and have used protections. That way you know you've got a base to work from. The subjectiveness of Protections is a plus not a minus here hehe. Go with your gut.
I'm glad you enjoted the lesson!

Chaos Blue: Channeling energy is a good way to help yourself out and that sounds like a brilliant idea. If I may I'll add a little lesson onto the end of the plan that focuses on using objects for protection? My lesson plan only covers what you can do with yourself hehe. PM me if thats ok with you.
Also, the protection from nasty people will be covered in the "Bubble" lesson...very good and the one I use the most.
The CD sounds very very good and the Bubble is a very similar sounding thing to the Bubble I'll introduce you to here. I hope you're enjoying the class.

NB if everyone's homework is in before the week is up I may add the next lesson a bit earlier unless anyone objects. I wouldn't want boredom to set in. xx  

doistu

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 am
User Image
I PMd you about me joining in the class, doitsu, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I really want to share, so here's my story.
I have anxiety and depression issues. I cannot be around large groups of people. I'm highly sensitive to the emotions of others and I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell. To me, everyone has their own emotional and scent signature. If there are too many people, their signatures crowd me and I have an anxiety attack. I use a protection bubble to help block out their emotional signatures, but I'm not too great at keeping it up. I also do chants to help calm myself and keep fear at bay.

Credit

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games