Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Energy and Shielding Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 pm
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

Introduction

Merry Meet!

This class was inspired by a thread made recently in the main forum.

There is so much one can do with energy. One can make balls to pass around and play with, heal an injured fairy, or, yes, shield.

My lessons will be in Document, my random topics like this will be in Think, lesson discussions and wrap-ups will be in Ornate, and everything else, including your posts, should be in Say.

I would appreciate it if your font size would be normal and your color and alignment would be left at it's default. Thank you.

Good Information

I'll save this section for information you guys come up with that I believe is helpful for the rest of the class. Have fun finding some!

Thank you, StrawberryDaifuku, for finding this information for us!

Quote:
I found color properties. Here they are...

Red: The color red symbolizes life's blood and has always been associated with Wiccan Rituals in that sense. Passion, fire, courage, strength, joy, life renewal, energy, health, motivation, desire.

Orange: Opportunities, happiness, mental alertness, kindness, material gain, removes feelings of abandonment and helps to seal a spell.

Yellow: Energy of the sun, healing, friendship, strengthen productivity, improve inventiveness, prosperity, self-esteem, beauty, life, light, humility

Green: Green has always been associated with the faerie folk, the Green Man and God or Goddess of vegetation and forest. Healing, transformation, New beginnings, financial gains, prosperity, hopefulness, spring and immortality. (This is the color I most often use...)

Blue: Encourage wisdom, patience, peace, truth, loyalty, meditation, insight, happiness, fidelity

Purple: Purple is a very spiritual hue and supports any spiritual undertaking be it centering, wisdom or psychism. Justice, forgiveness and humility.

White: White is magickally neutral and represents the Goddess and Ancient Mother. Safety, the divine self, enlightenment, cycle of life, freedom, health, love, initiation.

Black: To return energy to it's sender. Divination, banishing spells, chaos, beginning of creation, rebirth, infinity. When used along with the color white it represents opposites- male/female.

Gold: Solar energy and God. Leadership, logical thinking, problem-solving, conscious awareness, health and recovery.

Silver: Moon magic, reality, astral travel, restore balance, endurance, meditation, peace, freedom, connection to spirit.

Brown/Bronze: Security, friendship, nature magick.

Gray: Stabilizes a disturbed personality.

Source: [♥]

Attention!

If you were looking for another great guild to join, I'm Vice Captain of the guild Open Minds Open Hearts. It's a guild with a variety of people from a variety of religions, including a Christian who practices magick. And I also have some energy classes over there, also. So if you can't get enough of me here, go over there! lol

Happy findings and Blessed Be.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:27 pm
Table of Contents

Come here if you get lost! smile

Page 1
Intro--Post #1
Table of Contents--Post #2
Rules--Post #3
Announcements--Post #4
Lesson #1--Post #5
Lesson #1 Wrap-Up--Post #13
Lesson #2--Post #14

Page 2
Grounding--Post #12

Page 3
Lesson #2 Wrap-Up--Post #4
Lesson #3--Post #5

Page 5
Lesson #3 Wrap-Up--Post #3
Lesson #4 Part I--Post #4

Page 6
Lesson #4 Part II--Post #1
How To Get the Energies of Colors--Post #3

Page 7
Lesson #4 Wrap-Up--Post #9
Fun Ideas--Post #10

Page 8
Lesson #5--Post #4

Page 9
How to turn negative energy into positive energy--Post #3
Lesson #6--Post #11

Page 10

Page 11

The Ultimate Energy Ball Challenge!!!--Post #2

WelkingPath

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:30 pm
Rules

1.) Respect everyone and their beliefs and ideas. Pretty simple there.
2.) Please read the first few posts. I think it's really hard to read posts that aren't in their default settings.
3.) Spell things to your best ability. Text talk will not be tolorated.
4.) Don't get down on yourself. Negitive thoughts will have the same effect on your work.
5.) Try to read all of my posts. It will help you understand the concepts better, and it might just answer one of the questions you have.

I might add more rules as needed, thanks for being understanding!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:33 pm
!!!Announcements!!!

--It's time for reflection! Look on page 14 for a list of questions to put in your BoS and/or discuss here. You can also PM me your results.

--Please put your findings in your BoS. It will help you in the long run.

--Please save us all the trouble and read every post I have put up. You might have a question that I may have answered already, or someone else could have answered it for me. If that's the case, I'll point it out to you. It saves me the trouble of rewriting it. Thanks!

--Though I am "done" putting up the big lessons, I am still willing to take on new students. In every student there is a teacher, and teaching you guys makes me learn it all over again. I would also like to have the more "advanced" students join in energy discussions here on the thread.

Blessed Be  

WelkingPath

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:45 pm
Lesson #1

Like I said, there is so much one can do with energy. But the best way to get to the top of energy efficiency is like how one climbs a ladder. One must start at the bottom to be able to get to the top.

This lesson will be short and sweet, and won't take you long to get.

First, I would like you to calm yourself with a few deep breaths. Not only is this just good for you in general, but it will also help you ready yourself for a small magickal working. After you feel calm (or relatively calm), rub your hands together to create friction. Then suddenly stop and hold your hands a few inches apart from each other.

What do you feel? Why do you think you feel that way? What possibilities are there? What did you just do?

Do this for a few days, post your findings (*hint*hint*--this is your first homework assignment), and discuss with your 'Mates and I.

Happy findings, and may you Blessed Be.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:03 am
i would love to learn about energy...count me in...^_^

edit: 1st day of lesson one...

findings, after doing what i was told to a few times i eventually got a steady result...

the 1st time i had a tingly sensation on both palms of my hands but that was it. i decided to stop the sensation, which was more iritating than bewildering, be rubbing my hands together and then grounding.

A lil while later i repeated the experiment and recived a new result which i got many times after as well...I rubed my hands together and slowly removed then from each other and slowed down the rubbing as if i was slowly applying the brakes to a car so it would not have a spurt forwade and disturb the passangers. I waited less than 1minut and imediatly felt warmth. This warmth soon became heat and i was amazed. But that wasnt all. The energy got a density wich i thought was odd. It felt like my hands were in water. Like heavy and thick subctance but not at all solid. It was strange, but it got weirder. Soon after the energy was moving, in and out with each of my breaths. Iw was as if it were living with my, and molding around my hands. It was trully amazing and i wonder if i will recive the same results 2moro...  

zabazor
Vice Captain

1Lilyflower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 am
I'll join blaugh

The two times after I did it, I just felt cold... On the third time, they felt warm for a few seconds and it seemed like there was a rope connecting them, but it soon faded away and was replaced by a feeling of... Well, I can't really explain it... It just felt like just my hands were plunged into cold water.

sweatdrop Is that bad?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:39 am
That's great, you two!

Awesome description, Zabazor! I would put that into your BoS that you've posted about in the main forum. You're doing great! Keep it up for a few days, expierementing with speed and the tensing of your muscles.

And Lily, that isn't bad at all! I think it's awesome you didn't give up even though you had no idea what was going on! Good! You felt the "rope" of energy between your two hands. Don't give up. Keep experimenting like I told Zabazor. You'll get better at this, I promise.

But you two failed to answer the rest of the questions. Why did you feel the way you did? What did you just do? What else could it be?

Keep working, and don't get discouraged! Don't work too hard, though. Only about 15-20 minutes at a time, with some hours in between. It might also be good to eat a little something afterwards to ground yourself better.

Blessed Be!
~WP~  

WelkingPath

StrawberryDaifuku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:40 pm
Dai shall join!

So basically, I felt like... at first warmth, then it got colder. All the while, I felt like there's this little ball of something that's keeping my hands from going back together all the way. The first time I tried, it was about two inches in diameter, and the second it got a little bigger, maybe three. It was almost as if my hands were two weak magnets that I could push together if I wanted to, but they wouldn't go together naturally.

Perhaps I'll try again in a few hours, so I don't overwork myself, and experiment a bit.

For the second part:
The warmth could be because of the friction, or from that little ball I mentioned. Anyone coming from a scientific standpoint would argue that anything and everything you do uses and releases energy, but it's what you do with that energy that matters. So by creating friction between my hands I created a weak usable ball of energy.

So... I think that's it then? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:17 pm
WelkingPath
But you two failed to answer the rest of the questions. Why did you feel the way you did? What did you just do? What else could it be?

Sorry sweatdrop I think I felt warmth because of the energy flowing through (and of course friction), the "rope" because of the energy connecting, but I'm not sure about the cold water part... Maybe because I lost the connection.

I think I got energy and... Sent it to my hands?

I'm not sure what else it could have been... confused  

1Lilyflower

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:20 pm
i was going to answer the questions but after i did it for a few days. You said do it a bit then do the homework. I wasnt sure what to do, i sorry. I shall post it the next time i try it for i forget a little. I need to focus on the questions before i answer them, or before i try to. And plz pardon my spelling problem, or text talk. I tend to do it without knowing, and i cant spell to save my life...^_^

Edit:

What do you feel?
I felt heat, warmth, a pull, breath, life, density

Why do you think you feel that way?
I think i focused energy into my hands becaus it could not only be the friction for my hands went bond cold once i 1st removed them. The pull was because my energy was being focused to a point and my hands wanted to go to that point. The breath was because the energy was part of my own "physical energy" and since it was a part of me it moves as i did. The density was because energy has a density? Im not sure about any of these but i know what i felt...

What possibilities are there?
I think this energy can be used foe healing. My friend healed me once with reike and her hands got warm for no reason. After i finished this traning my hands were still warm, as if i had placed them arounf a hot cup ot tea, or boiling water. It was tremendous heat...

What did you just do?
I belive i focused energy to a point for the 1st time in my life. I think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:49 pm
Yes, Dai. Good work, keep experimenting.

And Lily, don't stress about it. I know you were excited and just forgot about the rest. To tell you the truth, I probably would have, too. 3nodding And you're exactly right about sending energy to your hands. How do you think that happened?

Zabazor: Don't worry about the text talk that just slips out. I'm going to be an English major--so I like reading words that are spelled out. Just try to catch them before you hit the "submit" button, okay?

And great answers to the questions, by the way. I might have to put up a new lesson way before I thought I would!

Keep going, guys. You're doing great! And don't get discouraged when it "doesn't work." Take a little break. Don't forget to ground and center, or maybe eat a little bit!

Happy findings and Blessed Be!  

WelkingPath

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:38 am
Lesson #1 Discussion and Wrap-Up

Okay, in lesson 1 you guys rubbed your hands together to create what scientists would call friction between the two hands. But what were you really doing?

You were raising energy. Not just any energy, but magickal energy. Why do you think covens dance around in circles or make music at the start of rituals? To raise energy.

The tension in your muscles as you rub your hands back and fourth against each other takes energy. So when you finally release it (pull your hands apart), you now hold that energy in your hands.

When I do it, my hands tingle and vibrate right when I release, they feel warm, and I can hold it longer than you guys can. Why? Because I have had practice with working with energy.

Everything you guys mentioned that you felt was right. Heat, warmth, some sort of pull, a rope connecting the hands, a ball. All are correct.

Next lesson we will make an energy ball by taking energy from another source. Until then, keep experimenting.

Happy findings and Blessed Be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:48 am
Lesson #2

In Lesson 1 you expierenced first-hand how tensing muscles and releasing them can bring magickal energy. I'm sure you can figure out that with more practice, you will become better at holding that energy between your hands.

This lesson will take longer, but will probably be more rewarding. It will also take longer for you to get re-acclimated and grounded, so make sure you can ground yourself well before you do the lesson.

This week you will learn how to make a ball of energy. In the middle of the week I'll post a note in Think to give you something to experiment with until the end of the week (next Sunday I should be able to post the next lesson). Work the excercise, but, like I said, make sure you ground yourself after each working and leave a few hours between each session.

Alright, first find a place where you won't be disturbed for some time. Try for a half hour and eventually work your way up. Then do some deep breathing and let all thoughts go. Just relax.

Then pick a source of energy. The moon, the earth, and the sun are all big objects that have a lot of energy. I always choose the earth, so that's what I'll use in this lesson. Picture energy of your favorite color coming up from the center of the earth, through your feet and legs, into your arms and then into your hands. Hold your hands like you did for Lesson 1, like you're holding a ball, and picture this energy going into the space between your hands.

The size of the ball is up to you. Do whatever is easiest for now. To add density, expand your hands a little bit, add more energy, then contract your hands. Here, your hands may get a little warm, your skin may tingle, or you may even feel nothing. All of these are normal. Expand and contract as much as you want.

Hold the ball in your hands for a while. Try holding it with one hand. Then the other.

Tell us what energy works best for you. Why do you think that is? What color did you pick? If you change your color, do you get the same results? Does your whole body get warm? Does it feel the same as Lesson 1? How long does it take to ground yourself afterward? What do you do to ground yourself? How do you know if you aren't grounded?

*Warning* I've heard that these energy balls can cause lightning to strike. I wouldn't worry about it too much since you're just beginning with energy, and I've never witnessed it first hand, but to play it safe, never make energy balls in a thunderstorm. I'll go over how you can shield yourself, your house, practically anything from lightning later. Just play it safe for now.

Happy findings, and may you Blessed Be.  

WelkingPath

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games