Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Weird dreams including other languages/countries?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Okay i usually have strange dreams, usually very terrifying and bloody.

But the other night..i dreamed something so strange.

Me and my husband were in our apartment, when someone knocked on the door. It was the American Immigration, and they said they had no record of me taking the ESOL English test, they had me being from the Netherlands and speaking Dutch O____o

So i took their stupid test, AND FAILED IT!
As they drug me from the apartment, i was crying and my husband was like 'I wont forget to feed the cats' ...b*****d.

I was born in America, and have never learned a word of Dutch, it was so weird XD

Share your strange dreams!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 pm
Weeeeeeiiiiiirrrrdddddd.  

In Medias Res III

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:09 pm
In Medias Res III
Weeeeeeiiiiiirrrrdddddd.

What dream can you contribute?
Im excited because your mind is an enigma.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:23 pm
Haha, wow! That's strange O_____o;;

I've mentioned this before but once I had a dream entirely in Cornish (even though I'm not even remotely fluent yet xD) and once I was watching a TV show that was apparently Swedish. All I can remember is seeing big sheets or flags that were red and yellow moving around in the wind.

Nothing strange to do with other languages or cultures, though. But I do generally have pretty crazy dreams XD

I'm actually trying to have lucid dreams now. It should be fun!

Daionii

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:46 pm
Daionii
Haha, wow! That's strange O_____o;;

I've mentioned this before but once I had a dream entirely in Cornish (even though I'm not even remotely fluent yet xD) and once I was watching a TV show that was apparently Swedish. All I can remember is seeing big sheets or flags that were red and yellow moving around in the wind.

Nothing strange to do with other languages or cultures, though. But I do generally have pretty crazy dreams XD

I'm actually trying to have lucid dreams now. It should be fun!

A few years ago, i had a dream in all Swedish...and i dont even know any XD
Im sure it was...Jibberish instead of Swedish, but it was very odd never the less XD

Damn Sweden...taking over our dreams gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 pm
I often dream in english, it sucks, no really, I focus onthe talk during those dreams and not on the action....

...At least I don't dream with subtitles...  

Verderbnis
Crew

Herb Bread

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:27 am
Well, this was more sleep talking than a dream and I think I was speaking in French! My parents thought I was also, when they heard me from their room.

I could partially hear myself, but I couldn't stop myself from speaking.

It was really strange because I've never learn't french, well I've only read part of my sisters text book when she was learning, and I've learnt only a couple of phrases from my cousins but that's it really.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:31 pm
Herb Bread
Well, this was more sleep talking than a dream and I think I was speaking in French! My parents thought I was also, when they heard me from their room.

I could partially hear myself, but I couldn't stop myself from speaking.

It was really strange because I've never learn't french, well I've only read part of my sisters text book when she was learning, and I've learnt only a couple of phrases from my cousins but that's it really.

Haha, you could have just been making French like sounds. xD
Rather than....complete phrases.  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

Eccentric Iconoclast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 pm
I once had a dream where I walked into my kitchen and Napoleon Bonaparte climbed out of my oven. He then turned into an anteater and started singing in what my sleeping brain decided was Hungarian.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:54 am
Eccentric Iconoclast
I once had a dream where I walked into my kitchen and Napoleon Bonaparte climbed out of my oven. He then turned into an anteater and started singing in what my sleeping brain decided was Hungarian.

O___o
Strange one you are.  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 pm
I've had many dreams that inovolve the Arabic language or Islam. I'm taking Arabic in the Fall in hopes of understanding them better.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 am
A few days after I got back from Germany, I dreamed that I had overslept. I missed the train from Berlin to Hamburg, and thus my flight. I freaked out about overstaying in the Shengen zone, so I decided I was going to go to Russia, stay there until I could reenter Shengen, and become a gypsy.  

lili of the lamplight

p934

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07 am
User Image
أسْمِي نويل
I have had a dream Spanish in which a teacher at my school was yelling at me, various dreams in French, dreams in Latin involving ancient Rome and sometimes dragons, and several dreams in Arabic...in the one about a week ago I lived in Syria with this random rude waitress I remember from a restaurant near my house.

rolleyes
الّسَلامُ عَلِيْكُم

The World Mosaic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces