User Image

Name: Kamakana
Breed: 1/2 Ceryeni, 1/2 Flutter
DOB: 6.28.10
Temper: Enduring
UNCert: [x]
Obtained Through: CC Breeding, completed by Fel! <3

Likes: Adventure, songs, stories, independence, kindness, streams, bright skies
Dislikes: Anger, darkness, skinwalkers, mud, ...
Abilities: Flying!

Personality: Kama is a free-spirited, adventurous young mare who lets nothing get in her way. She's been traveling with her mother ever since she emerged from her basket to discover what remains of the old Cerynei lands. She hasn't even been able to live in her home, and so considers the ever-changing landscape to be her place of habitation. Her heart is bent on freedom, and she can't stand the restraints of others', whether they be mental or physical. She always has to be moving, to be discovering new things.
She can often be head strong and forget the dangers of the real world, but she loves the fun that a good challenge presents. She's stubborn and proud, yet kind enough to offer a helping hand when needed. To those whom she is close to, she can be compassionate and caring. However, she does not make friends easily due to her strong love of being free from relationships.
Background: Kamakana was the only daughter born to Kanani and Crisanto. The lifemated pair tried for years to have children, only failing miserably, and almost losing hope. However, one day soon after Christmas, Kama's mother realized she was pregnant and called it a "miracle". Soon after Kama's birth, her mother decided to journey back to the Cerynei lands from whence she came, wanting to see what remained after the massive forest fires. Since her daughter reminded her so much of her younger self, Kama was the only child she took along. Thus, Kama has not even spent much time in her home, or with her father and brothers. She's been traveling since day one, and would trade that life for nothing else. She aspires to see the whole world, if she is able, and not to let anyone hold her back.

User Image

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:54 pm
User Image

Parents: Kanani x Crisanto
Siblings: Kahlil, Aonani, Linnla, Tolya
Nieces/Nephews: Leif, Ithuriels Hour and Lux Errata
Grand Nieces/Grand Nephews: Jinn and Reiha
Mate: Lifemated to Naoki
Offspring: N/a

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:59 pm
User Image

User Image

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 pm
User Image

A Light in the Darkness (Kanani x Kamakana x Shizukii)
A Chance of Escape (Kamakana x Zhaedeos)
Infinity Calls to Us (Adelis x Kamakana)

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:29 pm
User Image

[b]Name, image, and owner(s) of mother:[/b] (WRITE FULL SOQ/OWNER NAMES HERE PLEASE)
[img][/img]
[b]Name, image, and owner(s) of father:[/b] (WRITE FULL SOQ/ OWNER NAMES HERE PLEASE)
[img][/img]
[b]Low Luck?: [/b] (Links to 20 unsuccessful tries at breeding raffles - link to your teepee or journal link list is fine. Not winning in the MCCL does not count toward low luck.)
[b]Co Ownership?:[/b] (List who isn't getting baskets, AND link to the co-owner agreement)
[b]Teepees:[/b] (While this is not mandatory it would make my life easier if you were able to post links to the teepees of the owners for easy stat checking later on)
[b]RPed couple?:[/b] (Link to the couples RP status approval from the RP-Couples Qualification Check thread)
[b]Throwbacks?:[/b] (Saying yes gives the colorist a bit more freedom in the breeding. Throwbacks can come from previous generations from the parents, this mean grandparents/etc. For 1st gens this would mean mystery traits. NOTE: Just because you say yes doesn't mean you'll get throwback traits. It only gives the colorist the OK to play around. Nothing more. You also don't get to choose which throwback traits are picked.)
[b]Link to previous Generations:[/b] (If said Yes to Throwbacks please link to all parents (and grandparents/etc) NOTE: LINKS ONLY NO IMG TAGGING)
[b]Lifemate?:[/b]
[b]Link to Breeding Agreement:[/b]
[b]Preferred colorist(s):[/b] (You can only list the colorist(s) you prefer. No 'anyone but...' or 'only...')

[b]Couples entered counter:[/b] #/10 (All owners should keep track of how many pairs they have entered. The max is 10 in one post so keep a running tally so it's easier for us to look at)

User Image

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:34 pm
User Image

Made by Ririka!

User Image

Made by xx____Dr.Ruri

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 am
User Image

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:18 am
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 am
User Image

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm
User Image

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 am
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:33 pm
Individual RP for Kanani
User Image

A Brief Histoire, as told by Kanani:

“Mother… won’t you get up already?” Kanani urged, annoyed at the apparent laziness of her still sleeping mother. It was already mid-morning, with the sun high and nigh in the eastern sky. The warmth of the golden orb blanketed Kanani’s lean back as shining rays filtered through the thinning tree line to cover the soft grass of the forest clearing. The crickets still chirped, somewhere hidden under the dew-covered stalks, while cooing birds sat watching in the nearby limbs, hoping that soon, a plump worm would emerge from the rich soil.

Amid all this mid-morning murmur, in the middle of the small, wildflower-filled meadow, lay the dark-furred mare, her sides slowly rising in lazed slumber. Her foal danced at her side, as most adventurous youngsters would, trying to get the sleepy mother to awaken fully and start the day, though, unknown to the little filly, the day was still premature.

“One moment, Kanani…” the mare murmured, turning her head to the side and digging deeper into the grassy pillow beneath it. She sighed, much to the displeasure of her foal.

“But mother! It’s already sun-up! Don’t you want to get up and play? Or explore? Or go and find daddy? Besides, mother, I’m hungry! Aren’t you?” the little filly exclaimed, dancing around on her graceful deer-like legs. She leapt completely over her mother’s body, landing on the other side and stooping to nudge her mother’s face with her velvety muzzle. “Come on, mother! Plleeeeaaaasssseeee!” The little voice whined, stretching the word to an unbearable length.

The mare sighed, once again rolling to the side, and then her bright green eyes opened to see the filly’s face, and her shining aqua eyes, once again right in front of hers.

“Very well, my flower. I’m up, I’m up,” she laughed as her daughter pawed at her with a tiny hoof. The filly giggled as her mother gathered her legs beneath and pushed up, rising slowly from the ground like a vine that reaches for the warmth of the sun.

“Yay!” The little danced and pranced, skipping a circle around her still-drowsy mother, and waving her black-furred tail like a banner. “What shall we do now, mother? Play? Explore? Or… play?!” A silly grin graced the small face.

The mare laughed at her wily daughter, shaking her dark mane out of her long-lashed eyes. “Anything you want, dear. So long as you do find time to eat somewhere in there! You ARE hungry, remember?” An eyebrow cocked, a knowing grin appeared.

Kanani grimaced, slowing her excited movements. “Weelllll… I guess I am… But do I have to eat now?” She turned to her mother, giving her a pleading look. The mare chuckled, shaking her head in false despair.

“Alright, Kanani. ONE game. Then we must go and eat, else your poor mother will dissolve into the wind for lack of sustenance!” the mare exclaimed playfully, chasing her daughter in circles as the filly laughed in joy.

“Alright, mama! One game it is!” And so they played.

That was the day that it all began, the day that my life changed. I can barely remember, for it seems so long ago, but I do remember a sudden stop to our playfulness. My father, who usually stayed in the nearby woods to guard us, and only came to visit in the evenings, came to us that day. My mother seemed worried right from the start, and though I did not understand his urgent mood, I also could tell that not all was as it should be. He moved us from our home that day, and if there’s one vivd thing I can remember, it’s my confusion. Why did we have to leave our perfect meadow? The place where I had been born, had been raised, had known and loved and cherished? To me, at such a young age, there was nothing that could have been bad enough to make us move, and never settle again. I did not understand that there was bad in the world--life was supposed to be an adventure, full of play and exploration. But not fear… and not so suddenly.
From that day on, we never found another single place to live. For almost a year, we spent a week here, a couple weeks there, but we always seemed to be heading in a general direction, as if we were going someplace important. But then we began to meet up with other groups of Cerynei, which, in a land that was a perpetual never-ending forest, was not common at all. I heard murmurs of rumors, about something terrible, always whispered in a fearful voice and a shaking tone, though my mother did her best to keep me away from whatever the fuss was. I met other young Cerynei, all of whom were sheltered like me. We would from a little group at night time, telling stories and sharing thoughts, though in truth, we still didn’t know what was happening. We were kept away from the worry, though as the days progressed, and the adults became more fearful, I began to realize one truth: we were not heading towards something, but instead, we were running away. And every day, we ran faster.

When I was almost two years old, and considered a young lady, our group had grown to more than three dozen Cerynei of all shapes, sizes, and ages. We still headed in the same direction, away from that place I had once called home. The rumors were full-blown now, and no longer fearful myths. We were all weary with fatigue and fear, and sadness that came from deep within us at the abandonment of our homes. My father became a sort of leader of the rag-tag group, and along with two other stallions, lead us away from that terrible thing that destroyed our lives. That terrible thing, which had been hidden from me for so long, was now apparent. My father had finally told me the cause of our exodus, figuring that I was old enough to be able to handle it. However, even though his explanation helped me to understand, I thought that I had already known the truth. Anyone could see what was happening, or rather, observe it. The air had grown warm and acrid, even beneath the cool leaves of our forested land. The sky above had taken on a red tint in the west, looking like something Hellish, something that I had only dreamed of in nightmares. In fact, a lot of us thought that we were living in a bad dream, just waiting to wake up in our clearings to the songs of crickets and mourning doves… but the truth was evident, and it was real.

Fires. Everywhere. And always burning, always consuming. Always destroying everything we knew and loved.

It was a morning like any other. The young mare awoke at the first morning light, opening her bright blue eyes to see her mother laying next to her, still fast asleep. Her sides rose peacefully, her breath tickled the leaves beneath her body. Her fuzzy ears twitched, as if she were dreaming peacefully, though in truth, Kanani knew that no one dreamed peacefully anymore. Dreams were a thing of the past, a pleasure no longer experienced. All there was was reality, cold, hard reality.

Kanani sighed, turning her head and nuzzling it back into the dry leaves that coated the forest floor. All around her was the soft murmur of other sleeping Cerynei, most of whom slept far past sun-up, something that Kanani could never do. She missed her younger days, when it was just her and her mother, and rarely, her father. The solitude that they experienced was normal for Cerynei, and the only thing that she was comfortable with. However, ever since they had been in a group, Kanani had drawn deep within herself, trying to remember those memories that had been so dear to her. It seemed that now, even though she was closer to him than she had ever been, she saw her father less than she ever had. Even though she was used to his absence, she found that she missed his strength., and the love that they would share in those brief visits that he made every evening in their meadow. When he appeared, they would always know that everything was alright, and that the world was as it should be. But now, there were no more visits, no more heartfelt greetings. Only appearances here and there, just to say “I love you,” or, “It’ll be okay.” And then he would disappear again, scouting out the path that they would travel that day.

“Oh father… will we ever be happy again?” Kanani whispered to herself, staring at the trees in front of her. Their honey-colored bark seemed to glow in the pale morning light, their leaves twitched and whispered in the quiet breeze. Almost peaceful, were they. Almost…

A sharp noise came from within the trees. Startled from her drowsiness, Kanani’s head shot up, and her eyes focused on the brush within, which shivered as if from cold. Her muscles tensed, ready to spring from danger, when from that bush emerged a small rabbit, who, after pausing to examine the clearing full of deer-like horses, darted away in it’s destined direction. Kanani sighed and allowed herself a small smile. ‘How silly of me,’ she thought, and let her body relax.

However, right after the first rabbit disappeared from sight, another emerged from the same bush, heading in the same direction: west. Then another, and then a squirrel, chattering in some defense, leapt from branch to branch above. And then a quail, and then another rabbit. And then, as suddenly as lightening strikes from above, a deer leapt from the trees, startled by the group of horses, but not enough to halt its progress. It leapt right over the sleeping forms and disappeared into the trees on the other side, a trail of disturbed leaves and kicked-up dust littered behind it. More and more animals appeared then, in groups and families, running across the clearing and disappearing on the other side. The upsetting noise rose to a dull roar, a hectic chattering of creatures that seemed to be running from something… Kanani’s heart felt weak as she watched them, for she knew that something was wrong.

Many of the Cerynei were woken up now, including Kanani’s mother. They stared in horrified unison at the fleeing animals, and many rose from the ground, searching for the source of the problem. Kanani helped her mother up, staying close to the older mare, when a familiar smell hit her nose.

“Smoke!” she exclaimed in a fearful whisper, her head whipping around to gaze into the trees on the east side of the clearing. The whole company seemed to freeze as one as the smell became evident to all, and they all stared in fearful anticipation. The flow of animals increased, and among their chatter, there came another noise. A deep roar, almost like thunder, concealing smaller cracks and groans, coming from within the woods in the east. An orange glow, growing deeper… a thick wind laden with black smoke and ash.

And then Kanani’s father leapt from the trees, his valiant features unable to hide his own fear. “Run, all of you! RUN!!!” he shouted in his deep voice, stamping his hooves to the ground. The Cerynei group lurched forward as one, turning themselves towards the west and leaping into the woods, running away, away. AWAY. Away from everything, from hope, from love, from happiness, from life as they knew it. Away…

Kanani’s mother stood still, though, waiting for her father. Kanani nudged her sternly, turning them towards the west. “Mother, we must go!”

“No, Kanani! Your father--!” her voice was cut short as a sudden explosion came from the east side of the clearing, a billowing wall of fire that seemed to implode upon the dry leaves. Both mares were startled, and confused by the sudden burst of light. Kanani’s mother’s terrified voice rang out as she shouted, “Rowan! Rowan!” She ran towards the blaze, searching for her mate.

“No, mother! Father!” Kanani yelled, following in her mother’s panicked hoof steps. Everything was burning, everything was consumed by that roar that came from that gluttonous monster. Her vision was blurred as ashes clouded her eyes, and her lungs burned from the smoke.

“MOTHER! FATHER!” she screamed, desperate. She gasped as a body brushed against her, and for a hopeful second, thought that it was one of her parents. But it was a different face altogether, a princely-looking Cerynei with brave features and stern eyes. He urged her away from the fire, away from the roar, and though she protested, she could not resist him.

“No! I cannot leave! Please, my parents--”

“We must go!” was all he said, and with one last push, they were both running westward, away from the flames, and away from everything else that had ever mattered.

That was the last time I ever saw my parents. I’m not sure what happened to them, but I only hope that they escaped the flames and are somewhere safe, as am I. Perhaps I will see them again someday, perhaps not. But as long as there’s hope, I believe that I will be able to go on. There’s still a world out there, even if it’s not the world I’m used to. But it’s there, and it’s waiting. And I CAN go on. I know it.

I followed the Cerynei prince from our old lands to the lands of our ancestors, trusting in him fully to lead us to a new life. He saved me once, and I know he’ll do it again. And, hopefully with this new life, will come my new destiny. Whatever it may be, I’m ready for it. I’m ready… for anything.

Aniira

Aniira

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm

____________▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
        ____________THE WISE AND COMPASSIONATE MOTHER
        ____________▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

____________User Image
        ____________▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
        ____________ PROFILE
        ____________▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
        ____________Name:
        ____________Gender: