Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
how did you feel when... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:20 am
you first recieved the gift of faith ? (gift of salvation....thats whats it called ._.' )
No, not the "i feel soo special, blessed etc". But literally. e.g. shocked, surprised, makes you suddenly change etc

Just really want to hear what others experiences were like and share. just out of curiosity.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am
No place like 127 0 0 1
you first recieved the gift of faith?
No, not the "i feel soo special, blessed etc". But literally. e.g. shocked, surprised, makes you suddenly change etc

Just really want to hear what others experiences were like and share. just out of curiosity.

Do you mean the gift of Salvation? When I received the gift, I felt many things all at once. Joy because my sins were forgiven. Guilt because of all of the things I had done. Sadness because I deserve God's wrath and I am worthy of death. Shocked of how my redeemer paid His price for me.

But I tell you what, the feeling of joy and peace outweighed all of the other feelings because I have the assurance of Salvation.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:55 am
I mean this in the most un-dickish way possible, but what the hell are you talking about?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 am
No place like 127 0 0 1
you first recieved the gift of faith?

I felt happy because then I realized that God really existed.
I also felt joy and the feeling of relief since I knew that things
were going to change for me from that point on.

As You mentioned, it made me change little by little (to better).
Though, at first, there was shock and confusion.

I'm so happy now that I'm a Christian, I wish more people would
see how great God is and how much He has to offer us. <3

i2nd Death

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:56 pm
yes...that gift of salvation..
Wow that was awesome. i guess it took me a couple of weeks to get over the shock :O...but wow...like just WOW...it was a weird strange unknown feeling and knowledge(in a good way)...it was awesome biggrin
im just so thankful and glad too to be given this knowledge. It was really extreme...like this unknown knowledge and answers struck me all at once...and then i couldnt sleep that night i was given this gift.

okay i guess at that very moment, i was kind of afraid because of all the sins ive done and i was just freaking out like crazy but i felt really happy and proud. It also made me change the way i view the world, answered a lot of my questions...made me think a lot...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:37 pm
I was scared. I was an Asatruar at the time I began reading the Bible. Thoughts began to fill my head as I felt my heart begin to change, and then I was faced with the question that Pontius Pilate faced. "What is Truth?" I believe I honestly felt ashamed, and as I said afraid, but also I felt relieved. It has been a hard road, but it is worth it, fighting with myself and the such, as long as I can stand as a beacon of light for others.

Needless to say, it is very life-changing.  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 pm
Zahwomen
I mean this in the most un-dickish way possible, but what the hell are you talking about?
The first time we found truth in the statement that God reveals Himself to those that diligently seek Him, that He will not abandon us, and that yes, we are His loved creations and He seeks a personal relationship with us.

This is a concept non-believers find us crazy over, as they do not understand. They need something tangible, whether the drunkenness of alcohol or the ecstasy of drugs. They think much the same of the primal practices of other religions as well, such as the trance inducing dances of Native Americans and more.

I apologize that you do not understand. Perhaps you have not yet been touched with the Holy Spirit, for you do not wish to be.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 pm
Just Tony
Zahwomen
The first time we found truth in the statement that God reveals Himself to those that diligently seek Him, that He will not abandon us, and that yes, we are His loved creations and He seeks a personal relationship with us.

This is a concept non-believers find us crazy over, as they do not understand. They need something tangible, whether the drunkenness of alcohol or the ecstasy of drugs. They think much the same of the primal practices of other religions as well, such as the trance inducing dances of Native Americans and more.

I apologize that you do not understand. Perhaps you have not yet been touched with the Holy Spirit, for you do not wish to be.

Do not apologize for me, or to me, you pompous jerk.
And don't tell me what I do or do not want.  

Xahmen

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Zahwomen
Just Tony
Zahwomen

Do not apologize for me, or to me, you pompous jerk.
And don't tell me what I do or do not want.
Seeing as we're in a forum and all we have is text to go off of, I should explain that my apology was not meant to be seen or mistook as pompous.

It is simply an apology that you may not understand how or why we are answering the question at hand. It's not meant as insulting. You did ask what was being talked about, and since no one else seemed to be answering your question, I took it upon myself to do so. If you take it as insulting and condescending still, that is your choice. I cannot make it for you nor convince you otherwise other than what I've previously stated.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:55 pm
Oh.
Sorry for snapping.  

Xahmen

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:05 pm
Zahwomen
Oh.
Sorry for snapping.
Oh no, you were in the right. I can understand where you were coming from. It is all cleared up now, and that is good news at anytime.

For base purposes, let us simply say its a spiritual experience that seems to grant an uplifting of the heart and its woes, a beginning spiritual journey of self-transformation and... a general feeling of happiness. I think that would sum it up, but it's rather hard to explain the feeling in words I think. That's just me. I think someone could explain it much better than I.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:38 pm
I just felt so darn happy
i was so happy to the point that i felt like dancing and i had never felt such joy before smile  

LeonaraMay

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200

promised_child

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 am
I felt.......

At first I felt shock. not so much that I had accepted the gift, but that it was still being offered to me. I had spent the previous 8 years doing everything I could to make Him hate me as much as I hated myself. Then my mother forced me (yes FORCED) to go to camp with my Church's 'parent' church's youth group. I slept the whole 6 hour drive, and dreamt. Vivid dreams of the past and future. and a few pythagorean theorems, you know "If you continue to ____, then this will _____" lots of those. God used those 6 hours to touch my heart. Then we were told to go before God and just talk, or listen to Him. After that, I had accepted the gift, August 9,2003. I was 16. as for what I felt, after the shock wore off, I was still depressed, to be perfectly honest. Salvation is not a cure-all or even a band aid. I still had a gaping wound in my soul, even tho my spirit was new and whole. I didn't shake the suicidal urges until I was 18, and wasn't truly happy until 2 years after that when I got married. so that's what i felt...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:17 am
promised_child
I felt.......

At first I felt shock. not so much that I had accepted the gift, but that it was still being offered to me. I had spent the previous 8 years doing everything I could to make Him hate me as much as I hated myself. Then my mother forced me (yes FORCED) to go to camp with my Church's 'parent' church's youth group. I slept the whole 6 hour drive, and dreamt. Vivid dreams of the past and future. and a few pythagorean theorems, you know "If you continue to ____, then this will _____" lots of those. God used those 6 hours to touch my heart. Then we were told to go before God and just talk, or listen to Him. After that, I had accepted the gift, August 9,2003. I was 16. as for what I felt, after the shock wore off, I was still depressed, to be perfectly honest. Salvation is not a cure-all or even a band aid. I still had a gaping wound in my soul, even tho my spirit was new and whole. I didn't shake the suicidal urges until I was 18, and wasn't truly happy until 2 years after that when I got married. so that's what i felt...

very interesting! you recieved it at such a young age?? surprised heart
well i wasnt baptised until i was erm...10?
well im glad he won your heart and mind..^_^  

No place like 127 0 0 1

promised_child

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:44 pm
No place like 127 0 0 1
promised_child
I felt.......

very interesting! you recieved it at such a young age?? surprised heart
well i wasnt baptised until i was erm...10?
well im glad he won your heart and mind..^_^

i was 16. but i guess you could say i came back at 16....  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff