Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --[ Raevan Journals ]--
._Chrystali's Raevan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 am
x x x x x █║ SOLO: Knowing is Half the Battle
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Zul bullies Alex into purchasing a dress for a surprise date.

"Zul, I really don't understand why this is necessary. If we're just--"

The Raevan turned on his Guardian, folding his tan arms over his bare chest, fixing her with an exasperated expression; eyes the color of lightest cornflower blue stared pointedly into her own averted green ones, lips pursed in a thin line, his jaw flexing as he clenched his teeth. "Is a dress, Alix," he replied in a breezy tone a parent might use when trying to reason with their child, "for me. Because you look pretty in dress." Not that the demonic Raevan actually knew any of this, but he'd been twice as mindful of the romantic sitcoms and browsing through magazines, finding that there was no doubt that men preferred those things over what the Italian normally wore.

Which she was wearing now. He would have called her 'frumpy' to get his point across if he knew the word, looking distastefully at her faded blue jeans and retro grey GameGIRL shirt beneath a denim jacket. Her hair was loosely pulled into a knot-like ponytail that softened her look more than normal, something he made sure to note. "Look like a boy," he added, frowning over the image his woman presented.

He was vaguely amused at the mortified expression he earned for his comment. "That's not very nice," she mumbled, "even if it is the point." Keen eyes observed her standing a little straighter, slender brows narrowing with determination over her vivid gaze. She was such a strange creature sometimes. "But why a dress? Can't I get a skirt or something?" she tried to barter with him. Zul was used to her tone of voice now, something she used explicitly in the training of the Gwee's; he could, however, now pick up small signals of unrest in her words and the way her voice lifted or mellowed. She was bluffing. She had no interest in buying any garments today.

Well that was just too darn bad!

Had he been more a creative thinker, he would have thought of some way to trick her, to spring a trap that would ensnare and impress her so greatly that she'd snap up the first dress she found and buy it with a smile. As it was, the Frei was a bit more blunt and straight-forward, and it was with an indignant sigh that he tapped his arm band. "Bear gave me money. If you wont, I will." His expression was very smooth and unfettered, as if the threat of buying someone else a dress was like buying a greeting card, something well intended and appreciated for all of three minutes.

Alex seemed to pale. "He what?" she whispered, although the edge of her voice held anger clearly to him.

"He laughed," the Raevan replied in a lofty tone, idly grabbing the ugliest dress he could find, looking over the neon green fabric with brown accents as though it were fascinating and not looking like an over-ripe banana. "Said you needed one. Didn't get that though." The older man had mentioned that every woman needed something to fall back on, but that had fairly gone in one pointed ear and out the other. It was enough that the human had agreed she needed one. Zul also failed to mention that her brother had also bartered keeping her home for a few extra days to play games with the Frei if he did manage to get her to buy a dress.

The game was on.

"I'm going to kill him," her growl reached his ears, earning a small smile for her plight, "throw him over the cliff and feed him to the sharks, the Gwees, whatever dwells in the pits of Hell--"

She was going to ramble for hours if he didn't stop her. He seized a vivid red thing that was probably not decent for anyone over twelve years old, holding it up for her inspection. "This one?"

The woman turned an interesting shade of sudden pink before she yanked the dress out of his hands and forcefully replaced it on the rack, shoulders tense as she stiffly made her way into the women's section of the store. A pleased brow raised over his mindful gaze as her slender fingers drew sharply through softer fabrics and darker garments, something else worth noting.

He floated after her with contentment, adding little comments as she sifted through the pieces with sharper and more annoyed gestures. It didn't bother him much; she'd need the energy to beat him at some of his games anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: After So Long, a Date?
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Rivener, Zul, Alex, Aphismet
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Without their knowledge, Alex and Aphismet are set up on a date!

Summary
A call from someone who identifies themself as 'Rivener' starts a whirlwind of events that can only end in craziness! Zul promises to get his woman ready for a surprise date with Aphismet, but the meeting goes far better than planned for all parties involved...

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 pm
x x x x x █║ SOLO: It's in His Kiss
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Zul moons of Rivener, much to Alex's chagrin.

Several days had passed from the date on Valentine's, and both Guardian and Raevan were still feeling the effects. Alex had been fretting and worrying over her cell phone, alternating between biting her lip and flipping the cell open, to clacking it shut with a shake of her head and pacing around the living room. This happened several times a day, and everytime Zul inquired about it, she would simply smile nervously and respond with, "I don't know. That's the whole problem."

It was during one of these stints in pacing and considering that she realized Zul wasn't in the room playing his games. It was an odd enough occurance that the cell phone never opened, instead held within her scarred hand with her thumb partially between the dial pad and screen, blinking around the unusually quiet room. It used to be like this, once upon a time, before Zul came into her life, and now she couldn't imagine this silence as something acceptable.

Green eyes turned around the spacious room, lips tugging into a frown. "Zul?" she called out, feeling a bit off without her charge. She turned a few circles, walking around the couch before she caught the bone wings and tan back in the corner of her eye. Alex blinked out of the sliding glass window, quietly surprised to find the Raevan outside. Putting the phone down, she slid the door open and slipped out to join him, resting her arms over the railing much as he had his, looking over to him. His eyes were closed, head tilted back as though absorbing the sun, but she could tell by the way his eyelids shifted that he was thinking. "Hey," she broke the silence of the breeze and distant crash of ocean, "you okay?"

He was silent for a long while. She watched his profile as he basked in the sun, watched the corner of his mouth tug in thought before his eyelids slowly opened to reveal his clear, crystalline blue eyes. Zul lowered his head to look at her, the sun making his hair even more white with burned edges, his central horn glowing brilliantly. "What," he finally spoke, his voice carried by the gentle breeze as though it were truly little more than smoke, "does a kiss mean?"

Alex stared at her charge, who stared evenly back at her without any obvious emotion on his face. His lips had resumed their knowing smile, but his eyes held question; the way his gloved hands lifted to touch bare fingers to his own lips spoke loudly to her of his vulnerability. "Well," she started off uncertainly, "it depends on the person and the kiss." Her fingers drummed over the railing, idly picking at the finish. "For example, I greet my friends with a kiss on the cheek. That's a tradition for me really, it...that's not what you mean." The last words were more statement than question, dismayed by the amusement on his face.

"No," he confirmed, mirth in that single word. One finger lifted, ticking side to side in a 'no-no' manner. "Like your romance movies."

The woman exhaled through her teeth. "That kinda answers it, don't you think?"

His intense blue gaze rested on her face, considering. After a moment, he shook his head, eyes shifting to look over the horizon and the twinkling ocean there. "No." Another pause followed before he tried again. "Those stories are long. Some kisses come before that."

Alex was used to his method of speaking, so it took her only a few moments to put together what he meant. "Kissing can mean affection," she offered, turning her back to the setting sun and resting the small of it against the railing, arms crossing over her chest. "It can mean someone likes you, that you're respected...it can mean a lot of things."

"What if he had kissed you? What would that mean?"

Her cheeks went from pleasantly tan to decidedly cherry red. "He? You mean...?"

The raised eyebrows and upturned smile Zul gave her said everything.

Alex snorted softly, trying to look more indignant than embarrassed. "Bad example," she muttered softly. "That...a kiss given during a...a date or a romantic encounter would suggest an interest in a relationship, or...yeah. A relationship." No. She refused to have the bird and the bees talk with her Raevan child right then.

Zul's expression softened into something thoughtful, most of his smile smoothing into a considering line. "And if they're special to you?" The way he posed the question made her glance sharply to him, although he wasn't looking at her now, instead watching the first stars that were struggling to shine through the endless blue sky.

"If they're special to you," she replied softly, "then it means they care for you." At least, that's how it should be. "A kiss should only be shared with the one you like the most. In our society, that can mean a boyfriend, girlfriend...husband and wife. B-but, if that's what you mean, the kisses in romance films...yeah, that's...reserved for special ones."

The look on her Raevan's face surprised her; he seemed content by the answer, pleased even, his wings extending behind his back, the scales against his skin shimmering like drops of sun. "That's good," he remarked with something close to relief in his voice. "Very good. Rivener is special."

Alex did a double-take. "Rivener?" she blurted out, repeating the name with shock. "He k...he kissed you?"

"Said it's for special one," he confirmed, his smile gleeful. She could tell that her words had only enforced the notion in his mind, making her stomach sink. "Pretty Rivener. Will we see him again?"

The woman was aghast, looking helplessly at her charge. She couldn't very well go back on what she said and say that it didn't mean anything that way. Even more than that, she'd have to be mindful if Zul was about when Roux was. Oh god. Roux. Alex groaned and rubbed her face with her hands, her worries over Aphismet now only doubling. "Zul, you're kind of young for that type of thing yet..."

"It's not love."

The answer made her pause, one hand lowering to reveal one uncertain green eye. "Then what is it?"

She watched Zul as he leaned over the rail again, a softer, kinder smile in place of his jaunty one. His eyes were faraway, but he looked...really happy in that moment, something that made her really stop and admire the Raevan. "It's right. That's all. It's right."

Alex gave the demonic Frei a small, almost sad smile. He really was too young to grasp the magnitude of what he wanted the kiss to be and how he was taking it. Shaking her head, she extended a hand to pat his back, fingers tracing over his spine, earning a contented sound from the Raevan. She didn't really know what to say in this instance, because she didn't really know Rivener at all. Hell, that was the first time they'd spoken even! But watching Zul now, the way his wings idly beat in the stirring breeze, how he looked so content and at ease with the world, it was hard to say that what Rivener was offering wasn't the right thing. Who was she to say...?

"That's good," she finally settled on, patting his tan back as his smile grew, "and that's good enough."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:38 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Long Time No See...
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Kenth, Alex, Zul
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex runs into her college flame -- now a Guardian!

Summary
Alex is scheduled to drop off a bottle and fel essence for a Kenth Larine...one she happens to know very well. The two have idle banter in a game of daring the other to speak outside of business, and it's one Alex loses sorely; but after the two part, who really has lost the most, and just what their story...?

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 pm
x x x x x █║ SOLO: About a Girl
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex divulges her past with Kenth to Zul.

She could feel Zul staring at her, and without looking, she knew it was the unblinking, you-owe-me-some-answers stare. Alex sighed. The situation they'd just left must have left an impression on her young charge, and she was certain that he wasn't missing the way her eyes kept flicking to the rearview mirror, even though the building housing the white-haired doctor was long out of sight.

All the finger-ticking and lip-biting in the world wasn't going to stop the demon from staring her down, it seemed.

"Alix..." Zul started.

"Okay!" she snapped, as if he'd been needling her all along. The Italian winced a little and glanced to the bemused Frei. "Sorry," she muttered, to which the Raevan simply nodded with a smile. Alex exhaled quietly, offering the obvious first, "Kenth and I knew each other previously."

"Mm-hmm."

The patronizing sound of Zul's voice made her want to smack her forehead into the wheel. "This is kinda odd, because...I mean, I never talked about him before. I think B knew I was paired with someone I got along with, but that was it." Alex licked her lips. It was years ago and she shouldn't be so riled by it, but looking at your past in the face - and looking like he did! - was difficult. There was so much unresolved between them...

Leaning back in her seat, she gave another sidelong glance to Zul before settling her eyes forward. Whoever said time heals all wounds is a moron, she thought with bitterness. "Once upon a time," she started with a faint smile, "there was a girl. She was really normal in most departments, as far as anyone knew, but she was very, very passionate about what she did."

Alex could see the old dorm unfolding before her eyes, like a puzzlebox dropping its sides to reveal the tightly bound memory. "She got into a good college, and was doing well in classes. The unique thing about this college was that the uh, the majors crossed over." The green eyes again turned towards Zul briefly, the image of the carpeted classrooms with stadium seating vanishing from her mind's eye. "So, sometimes, you'd be sitting next to a lawyer in History, or a psychologist in Anatomy and Physiology...or a doctor in Psychology."

She flipped on her turn signal and continued down the road out of town. "The girl was paired up with a brilliant, handsome doctor in a few of her classes. Luck of the draw." A rueful smile curved her lips. "And they worked together beautifully. Any project they completed, any thesis paper they wrote, it was amazing. They were a hell of a team, even though their personalities were complete opposites. He was the most intelligent, work-driven man she'd ever met, and she...never really knew what he saw her as. She thought, maybe, at least as a partner." The tone of her voice suggested otherwise.

"There came a day, when they were working together, that she found that she really liked the guy. He wasn't exactly Prince Charming, but it was his...his relentless drive, his thirst for knowledge, the way he was so completely unaffected by any outside force...he was everything she wasn't. Calm and collected in the face of her wild and spontaneous nature. She really..." Alex's eyes grew distant, although trained on the road. In her reflection in the window, she could see them both bent over his desk, arguing the finer points of an essay. "...really thought the world of him."

Silence stretched for miles. Her expression was a quiet pensiveness, her thoughts rolling around in her head with turmoil. All this time, and she'd never spoken about it, not even to her brother. Letting it out now...would she be able to let it go...? Or was it him that she'd never quite found a resolution with? She'd taken such a blow to her ego when he'd up and left, and now to see him here...and as a part of the Lab, no less!

Alex was startled at the sound of Zul's voice. "What happened?" She gave an embarrassed glance to the Frei, surprised to find that he had turned to face her, his own expression somewhat unreadable.

Taking a deep breath, she barreled onwards. "She told him how she felt, the day their last class together was. Asked him to think about it and tell her what he thought the next day." The bitterness that crept into her voice was unmistakeable. "She never saw him again."

"What?" The disbelief in Zul's voice was a tremedous comfort to her, feeling a huge weight slide off of her shoulders. It was as if...as if someone else being indignant made it not her fault, as she always assume it to be. A grim nod returned his outburst, feeling her chest lighten. A few more minutes of silence passed before the demon's voice purred in the cab. "What would you be doing with doctors?" he questioned. "Work with animals...?"

A smile tugged at her lips. "...I switched majors." Alex exhaled quietly, looking to her right, the distant twinkle of the ocean heralding the closeness of their home. "Not everything goes as planned, but, y'know, sometimes it works out for the best like that." She didn't regret the way her life had gone, she loved her job and was dating a wonderful friend. Why did she let herself get so worked up again?

Zul seemed to sense the question and posed it himself. "Why so upset, then?"

The truck pulled up to the cliffside house, deft fingers flipping the key and turning the vehicle off. Ocean waves crashed distantly, although it still seemed oddly silent without the motor to hum between them. "I don't know," she finally admitted at length, "and I think that's what freaked me out the most. It was like..." Like nothing changed. No, that's not right... "...like everything changed, but him. It made me think that maybe I hadn't changed much either, and I guess I got a little lost for it."

There was another distant crash of the ocean breaking over the rocks. "You're not normal," came the reply, "or unchanging." Alex's gaze shifted in question towards Zul's thoughtful blues. "My woman, she is funny and kind. She is patient and random and a little crazy. She's not lost." The Frei's fingers shifted as if trying to grasp the words, "Right where she needs to be. Has me, has Afiz-met, Bear. Right?"

The words were so, so simple, and yet so...so true. Alex smiled and leaned over to the Frei, the seats protesting the odd position. Embracing the demon, she kissed his cheek, murmuring against his long ear, "I have all of you, and that's everything to me. Thank you, Zul." She kissed his cheek again before releasing him, feeling miles better as she beamed a smile and hopped out of the truck.

Sure, somethings didn't change, but...somethings did, and that was what mattered the most. She just had to learn to accept that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Jailbreak
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Zul, LuLu
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: LuLu finds her way to Zul, and utter chaos ensues.

Summary
LuLu and Zul run into each other and are left unsupervised...and it's every bit as crazy, dangerous and fun-loving as you'd expect.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: One Jump Ahead
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Kinsey, Varun, Zul, Alex
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Inactive.

Summary
Inactive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:53 pm
x x x x x █║ SOLO: Pride & Prejudice
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex confronts Zul about his irresponsibility; Zul lets Alex in on how he views the world.

Alex looked at the statement in her hand, seated at the bar in her kitchen. Green eyes slid over the words - attack, burned, damages - the pit in her stomach heavy and making her feel light-headed. She knew what Zul had done when they'd met LuLu the day she got her harness refitted, but the gravity of the situation was making her feel ill. What if he'd accidently hurt someone? Or purposely? What if he'd burned more than the car, if a house had caught fire? Or worse...

What if I'm a bad Guardian for him?

Her heart ached with the prospect that maybe she just wasn't what he needed. No, she reasoned, putting her free hand over her chest as though to soothe her heart, Jeremey and Kyou believed in me. I have to believe too. Alex's gazed shifted over to the Raevan in question, who was outside, playing with Lorenzo beneath the high-noon sun. I just have to teach him, he's a child... She tried to reason with herself as she put the insurance claim on the counter, standing and slowly making her way to the patio door, sliding the window open. Now was as good a time as any to talk to him, right?

"Zul...?"

---

"Zul...?"

The grinning Frei turned, his ribbon whirling with the effort as he faced his woman, the Gwee safe from his clutches thanks to the distraction. It was just as well that the dragonette had taken his leave, his brilliant blue eyes resting upon the face of his woman; something was wrong. It was an innate feeling, or perhaps a frightening perception on his part; he could tell by the way her smile wasn't quite whole, by the way her eyes seemed to be slightly downcast. He could read her now, understand her expressions and what they meant a little better. What he saw now did not bode well.

"Yes?" he replied in a smooth questioned response, floating towards the wooden patio. The sun felt delicious against his dark skin, his bone-framed wings spread to absorb the heat against the marbled webbing. White hair looked tipped with flames beneath the beat of the sun; despite the cooler weather, he was enjoying the warmth of the fiery ball in the sky, not very aware of the temperature itself. "Alix," he addressed his Guardian, tilting his head with a curious smile as her eyes finally seemed to focus on him, "don't look very well."

Her smile shifted, but not for the better. "Zul, we need to talk. About what happened that day with LuLu and the car, about...a few other things."

His fingers curled with the first strains of annoyance. "So talk." The smile remained warmly in place, but he felt a stir of dissatisfaction heavy over his collar bone. An invisible weight that seemed to grow heavier everytime they 'talked,' which usually consisted of her talking down to him and treating him like a child. He knew it wasn't her intention, could hear it in the tone of her voice and the way her brows arched and made her look silly, but it was beginning to wear on him.

Crystalline eyes that rivaled the sky for color watched her hands shift into her pockets. Nervous. Watched her eyes tick to the side. Uncertain. Watched her jaw set, her shoulders tensing in the slightest. Preparing for battle. No, what she was going to speak with to him was already putting him on the defensive edge. "You know what you did was wrong that day--"

"No." The curt response silenced the Guardian, made her green eyes a touch more wide as she looked at him. He floated in place, smile ever present, but he could feel the warmth draining from his eyes. "Was not wrong. The human, he was wrong. He would have hurt LuLu."

He observed her swallow visably and shift, knowing he'd struck a nerve. "Yes, he was wrong to be speeding in a residential area, but Zul, we have laws and rules to keep people from getting hurt. You can't just lob molten flames into every idiot's tire who can't drive." And then she gave him that look. The lift of one brow, the lowering of another, the firm pursing of her lips; it was the 'you should know better' look and in that moment, he wanted to tear it off her face.

"No," he repeated, although this time his voice was a hiss, the sound of steam escaping tight confines. "Your laws. Your rules." He lifted a gloved hand to rest over his partially formed chest, and that engimatic smile slipped. "Not human."

"You live in this county," she replied slowly, and he could hear that disbelief and something else beneath it that he wasn't familiar with. "You will abide by the laws set here, no matter what race you are. Zul, they're for protection and well being and you need to learn how to control your powers, even if you feel you're in the right! You could have hurt someone!"

Bone wings flared sharp and sudden, rings clacking loudly against the frames, making the woman recoil. He leaned forward, the smile gone now, and the childish demeanor he often carried was nowhere to be found. "Protection? He would have hurt her!" Zul felt...anger. He didn't understand how she couldn't see that! That car would have hurt her badly, maybe worse, and he was expected to sit by idly and watch? No, these...these humans, they were all selfish, self-righteous things that he took delight in studying, but to adhere by their rules for their sense of security? No.

The thing he couldn't define suddenly made itself known; anger drew her brows tight over her eyes, and he found it almost endearing to see such a human expression on her smiling face. "You are not the only being on this planet Zul, and...I, I know he was wrong! I'm not saying you were bad to do what you did, but we hurt! We feel pain and just because you're--"

"NO!" The word reverberated against the back of the house, a command that was deep and fiery. "First it's this. Bad Zul. Then it's, stop using powers! Next you say Rivener is no good for me and why? For your human ways? Am I not enough the way I am?"

Alex looked baffled, and maybe, just maybe beneath that tough exterior, doubtful. "I'm only trying to protect you..." she started, but he wasn't done. Oh no.

"Don't." Another hiss of steam, an expulsion of heat. He started to float away from her, but he could hear her footsteps; it was foolish if she really thought he was finished now that he'd started. The demonic Raevan turned again towards his Guardian, stopping her in her tracks with the unsmiling expression he wore, floating high, his eyes as bright as the hottest blue flames. "I'm not a child," came the first few words, each dropping like a hot stone in cold water. "I can see. Listen. Better than you.

You are...used to life. I understand what I see. I learn. I know right from wrong.
" As though to demonstrate his point, he lifted two fingers, indicating his index finger with a slight waving motion. "Man in car was wrong." The middle finger waved. "I attacked. Maybe wrong, but." The ring finger lifted, and it was this one that he put emphasis on. "LuLu is safe." He lifted his hand to bring down his index and middle finger until only the ring was erected. "This is most important. The good, the right end, doesn't matter, this game of right and wrong, as long as ending is well."

The female looked stunned. Her lips parted, and he could almost hear the breathed words that were never given a voice, his expression remaining eerily neutral. Several moments passed in silence, only the distant crash of the waves keeping it from being a complete silence. "I understand," came the answer at length, brows knitted. "It's not always right though. You can't, for example...steal an expensive item to give as a gift. That doesn't make it right, no matter what."

Zul flared his wings again, rattling them with annoyance. "Human way to think!" he retorted heatedly, his skin bristling with his own power. His hands felt hot and itchy. "I don't care about...about..." The demon stared at his hands, willing the word to appear; his eyes snapped up again as it came to him, pinning his Guardian in place. "I don't care about probability. That's not how I am. There is only the right, the goal, and the rest! The rest will work as it works. I don't care." He was getting frustrated, his manner of speech beginning to lose its flare and clarity. "But don't, don't think me so badly. I know what I do. I know."

He turned again, another flare of annoyance slipping up his exposed spine as he heard her shoes crunch on the gravel. "Zul."

The Raevan turned his head in sharp relief over his shoulder, but did not face her.

"You're right."

Slowly, the tanned body turned, ribbon wafting beneath him. Waiting.

"It's wrong of me to think you'd be so narrow-minded." Her own expression mirrored his, neutral, save for the set line of her jaw and brows. "Or that you would just...conform to society. That you would understand our ways and accept them as your own. You're a Raevan, you're different, and I...I get that. I really do." His fingers curled, but he still said nothing, allowing her continue. "You have to understand us too though. If you want me to be able to respect that your view of things is different, you have to respect mine. We may not agree on everything, but when I have to answer to our - my - society for deeds done, saying that speech wont save either of us. Do you understand?"

His eyes glittered as he looked over her face, giving a slow nod.

"So please. Be more mindful that you are different, Zul. You carry a great burden and blessing, and I can only do so much to help you down your own path. We have to work together, so, sometimes..." She gave him a slightly helpless look.

Zul didn't bat an eye. "Compromise."

Alex blinked at him, a smile curving her lips, a slow and hopeful look. "Yeah. That's right. A middle ground. Do you think we can do that?"

Another slow nod.

"Okay. This weekend, let's go out, just you and me. We can look into that racing game you wanted, and maybe some headphones. Would that be acceptable?" The Italian's dark hair fell across her eyes as a salty breeze billowed between them, doing little more than ruffling his own hair. "Maybe talk a little more, if you're up for it."

The demon tilted his head to the side, eyes lidding. He felt, perhaps, she would listen to him a bit more openly, take him a bit more seriously rather than assuming everything he said and did was because he was a 'new born.' That was acceptable. "Yes."

"Good. It's a date."

--

"Good. It's a date." She didn't say anything more as she turned, tucking her hair behind her ear and listening to her boots crunch over the sandy cliffside as she returned to the patio. The woman stomped the sand out and entered her home, closing the window behind her and giving only a brief glance over her shoulder. Zul was watching her, but once she looked at him, he was off chasing Lorenzo who had apparently decided it was playtime again.

Alex moved to her couch and sunk into the plush fabric, seizing a pillow and burying her lower face against it with uncertain eyes. She wasn't sure what had just transpired, but it wasn't at all what she had expected. No, if anything, she was made aware just how much she had underestimated the demonic Frei, that he very much had a mind of his own and wasn't near the child she had assumed him to be. The implications were frightening.

But don't, don't think me so badly. I know what I do. I know.

Quite frightening indeed.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Fancy Meeting You Here
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Aphismet, Rivener
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex and Aphi run into each other again; Zul meets up with a Sigel Rivener.

Summary
Alex and Aphismet seem to have a knack for bumping into each other, either by fate or Raevan's influence! This time the two meet outside the joint Alex gave the spirited Munchies to him; the two find the time to speak, talking of many things and finding that they really rather did enjoy one another's company. Zul and Rivener are as attached as ever, but in a strange turn of events, they let go of one another long enough to properly speak, to learn of one another, much like their Guardians...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:58 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: [RAEVAN PICK UP] Congratulations! It`s an...It!
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Namini, Prajna
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Namini receives Prajna.

Summary
Namini comes by to pick up Prajna, a Raevan that neither women can make heads or tails of in the gender department. Guardian and Frei hit it off, and Alex can't help but feel a slight uncertianty about the jaunty-looking being...

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:59 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Rock It Like You Mean It!
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Anita
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex takes Zul to the game store to get a new game.

Summary
In an attempt to buy a new game, Alex and Zul run into "Game Lady Anita," whom the Frei immediately takes to. They (re)discover Tetris, and thus, a new hobby is born!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Family Matters
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Zeke, Brad
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Zul learns of Zeke's affiliation to Brad.

Summary
Zeke comes by to leave a gift for Brad, but ends up being abducted by Alex instead. Zul meets the optimistic man and learns of his relationship with his Guardian's brother; he takes much of the man's words to heart, but seems to have his own ideas as Brad comes home.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:07 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: [BOTTLE DROP OFF] Catch a Dream, Give it Wings
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Wit
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Wit drops off his filled soul bottle.

Summary
Wit comes in to drop off his filled soul bottle. Alex listens to his lively tail of capture with great intruige and fascination, delightedly agreeing to be the one to call Wit when she knew anything of his Raevan and accepting his proposal to be the first to see what that Raevan will be. Who knew such a bond could be forged over stress relievers and abnormally tight harnesses?

--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff