Reply The FSFBG
Asking if anyone else out there does this!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rockchick8930

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 pm
Okay so I love read books. When I get started in a book I become obbsessed with finishing it and during the day, if I'm in the middle of a story and have to put it down, all I can think about is "What happens next?" All that aside that isn't what I wanted to ask sweatdrop I just wanted to tell how books take over my life.

Now here's the question:

Does reading a book mess with your emotions? More specifically, when you're at a certain part of a story (say it's a sad, happy, angry moment) do you feel those emotions when you put the book down?

I know I'm probably weird, but I'll actually become depressed if something happens that is depressing. xd Everyone notices.

Guess I just wanted to see if there was anyone else who does this. whee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:42 pm
Don't be embarrassed; I do the same. In fact, I will start to cry or laugh or, if the author is descriptive enough, feel the same pain the character feels if he/she gets hurt in an emotional or physical way.

My friends notice, too. Especially at lunch, when we are all together, they expect me to be the one with things to say, but, alas, after a book, I am usually quiet and much more thoughtful for days. This can last weeks or even months. Depends on how quickly I get into another similar book.

So, all in all, you are not alone. I am one of those people and I know others who feel that way. We recently talked about this in a book club meeting and everyone in there, at least most of them, were all similar.

Star of Welkin

3,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

rockchick8930

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 pm
Thank you, that does make me feel better. xd At least I'm not the only one, and I do the same after I read a book also with the deep thinking.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:39 am
Thank god you do that,I thought I was only one in the world who feels sad when things sad happen etc.etc

If I get into a story to much,I cant stop thinking about it all day and night if I'm at school or something..... xp  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Cici Care

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:25 am
Yep! Defenitaly!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:10 pm
I do the same thing! Once when i was not paying attention to my friend 'cause I had to put a book down in the mist of a depressing part my friend would not get off my back.It is very annoying.  

HilaryDuffSuperStar

rockchick8930

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:36 pm
I'm so happy I'm not the only one! To tell you the truth I rush through books as fast as possible because it's like I have to get to the ending. When I pick up a book and start reading my emotions usually get involved and it's like I'm useless until I get done with it. blaugh Thank you so much for posting on here HilaryDuffSuperStar, Cici Care, Fairy Alchemist, and Sissy PooNan! 3nodding I really appreciate it!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 pm
I'm totally like that! Books can sometimes make me depressed or unreasonably happy-- even when the tone doesn't mean to... xd  

itHappened2my---

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:04 am
I so glad that I am not the only one... I am still crying because of one book I read one year ago. I get really scared when the charaters are scared and I just get myself realy into the book...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 am
Unnursvana
I so gald that I am not the onlyone... I am still crying because of one book I read one year ago. I get reallyscared when the charaters are scared and I just get myself realy into the book...

What book?  

rockchick8930

MsAmyBug

Friendly Conversationalist

4,650 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:15 pm
User Image

Oh my gosh, yes!! I am the same as you! I get so involved in what I am reading.. And it stays with me for hours and some time months... Depending how good the story is. I get like the when writing, I hate to say it but I get so into my own story, not to brag as if it is good or not, that the readers can decide when I am done. I hope they like.. I get emotional and have to remember I am the one writing it. Some things though have to be the way they are, it is like my characters have there own life. o.0  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm
That's not weird at all;

Every time I read STRONGHOLD by MELANIE RAWN, I experience waves of different emotions. Even if I stop to take a break, I'll feel whatever the character I was previously reading about was going through. I think the most...extreme case was when my favorite character of the saga was killed --- I cried, and cried a little more for the next two weeks. Because the main character in the book had loved the one who died...I just got really caught up in it.  

chases_the_rain

Lonely Shapeshifter

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:04 pm
You guys too? I thought I was the only one because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that gets strange looks at school for doing this. I finished Brisingr last week and I'm still overexcited that it came out but then I'm sad because of what happened at the end. Everytime I think of it I just get in a depressed mood. It's really weird when people notice these things too because they look at me like I'm weird or something. Well at least I now know that I'm not the only person like this. It's nice to know.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 am
Not really, its hard for things to have power over my emotions. When I read something that is touching or beautiful I react to it the same way as if I were reading something else.

Except one time! I remember now, I was reading the Starcraft book Queen of Blades I think it was called. There was a part where the main character had a chance to kill off the queen of blades by shooting her in the head and at the last moment she tripped him and he missed! I stoop up and was like YOU STUPID SON OF A b***h!! scream scream scream

sweatdrop  

Kateryna of Kyiv

Lynnden_472

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 am
Oh, I'm the same way. But the thing with me is I'll imagine certain characters to be myself or my fiancee' or my mother, or whatever depending on their specific personalitys. This is not always the best thing to do though as I was reading a book, and the girls mom died....I cried...twice.  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff