The Roleplay ~NOW OPEN!~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IamredMage
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 am
Michel was half releived to be returning back to Hogwarts - to return to the normality, nomatter how monotonous, of boarding school life. He'd seen his best friend, Caleb, only a few times over the course of the holidays, and, as always, he looked forward to catching up. In fact, for a good few days - at least until he got into the rythm of using the language again - his English would probably be rather stunted. This year his holidays had been spent at home, in luxembourg; there was little need to speak english there. In fact, the only english language thing Michel had been exposed to over the course of his summer was his music and DVD collections. His family was cool like that - he was pure blood, but his wizarding family had always been more than happy to embrace muggle technology and culture for what it was worth. As Michel thought about these things, ignoring the bustle and noise created by bleary-eyed families bidding farewell to their children, the scarlet steam train that would soon carry said children away rattled into the station. Michel turned and said a practically emotionless goodbye to his own parents - he'd done this god knows how many times; it didn't affect him anymore. Collecting up his trunk, his snowy owl Madonna, and various other bits and bobs, he joined the queue of students embarking the train. Caleb was bound to be late, so he thought he'd might as well get a cabin first and save seats for him and some of their other friends. Within a few hours, Michel would be back home...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:34 am
Caleb strolled on to the platform. For once, he wasn't late. He pulled the trolley with his luggage towards the crimson engine, and sighed with relief. Over the summer, his mother had tried to dissuade him from his life of magic, and tried to turn him into 'A proper gentleman.' He wished that she would stop her attempts to make him into one of those poncy men at her dinner parties. More money than brains. And the women were no better. They were always trying to hook him up with their daughters. 'Oh, you just have to meet my daughter so and so. You two would get alonmg so well.' Like hell they would.
He stepped up onto the train, and pulled his luggage along to the compartment where Michel was sitting. He heaved his trunk onto the overhead rack, and put Hedge, his albino horned owl, onto the seat next to him. 'How was your summer?' he questioned Michel. 'Mine was the same; terribly boring and my mother has now tried to lock me in the house, so i can't 'mingle with the working class filth.' Didn't stop me though.'
He sighed, and pulled out his iPod. Having a rich mother did have its uses. Over one million songs worth in fact.

Arctic Raptor
Vice Captain

IamredMage
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 am
Michel smirked. He was glad to be back amongst people he chose to spend time with. Kids would be getting on the train for at least another half hour, so he guessed their cabin would fill up before the train set off. He was eager to see all his friends again. "Your mother, honestly..." His owl gave a squawk. "Ah, shuddup Madge. She's been doin' this all holiday. I think she misses the other owls..." Now that Michel noticed, his best friend seemed a little different to the last time he saw him. Taller, if anything, like longer, more lean. He'd obviously grown. Shame, Michel thought, that he couldn't say the same for himself. It was as if he was cursed forever to a life of shortness... For what it was worth, though, Michel thought that he had better hair. And he was better at transfiguration. Especially add-on transfiguration. He gave a snort - one memorably cringeworthy moment rising like a bubble to the forefront of his mind. "So... this year's a hard year, apparently..." Michel was keen to discuss their upcoming OWL examinations.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:07 am
Summer was over, thank the higher power! Kiara had been so bored over the holidays. She didn't have many friends, and the ones she did have, had been too busy to send her owls back. She saw no one but her grandmother for the whole time. And trust me, as much as she loved her grandmother, that was just too long.

Kiara had already had her things put where they were supposed to go, and she had a small bag on the rack above her head in her own little compartment. So far, no one had realized it was almost empty, so hopefully she would be able to sit in peace and quiet for the entire train ride...

She pulled a book out of the bag. A tale of two cities. A muggle classic. She flipped open to wear she left off and settled down for the train ride that would take hours. Maybe she'd even be able to finish the book off, and still have time to get a snack and change into her robes.

Kiara Silverwolf

4,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Rozette de Rozu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:16 pm
Chandini felt a bit disappointed that summer was over so quickly. Since her parents were very concerned about her not being able to learn things muggles ahould for a career, they made her take summer school. Ugh, summer school burned the tongues of many students and favorited by the extremely odd. As usual, Chandini spent the summer reading manga and watching anime, and not trying to pursue having a career as a normal and non-magical doctor too enthusiastically.

Her owl Iris, was squeaking sadly, as she hated the cages that she had to be put in during the train ride.
"Don't worry Iris, you'll be out of here before you know it", Chandini whispered to her distressed pet. She put all of her bags in one rack and headed on to find a seat.

Luckily, she could find a seat easily, being early had many benefits. A couple of old ladies were selling sweets and snacks, but she wasn't too hungry. She sat in a compartment in front of the one that had a girl reading a book.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:24 pm
(Okay, gonna give this a try, humor me folks. biggrin )

As soon as Holland stepped foot on the Hogwarts Express, he tripped, dropping his bags. Quickly, he jumped down to gather his belongings. In doing so, he tripped a fourth year who had been walking behind him. As the fourth year glared sharply at him, Holland turned to his Adelie penguin who was his partner and yelled, "Hubert, you klutz! Watch the nice people here before you hurt someone!"

With a nervous smile, Holland took up the penguin's leash and searched to find a seat. Another second year ran past yelling. "Gonna blow up anything again this year, hazardous Holland?!"

"Only your fat head!" he shouted back.

His first year had been...displeasing to say the least. His spells proved a little more than he could handle, and he was always procrastinating on his work. He was quickly becoming the shame of the Slytherin house.

Finally, turning to a spot, he found a good seat where a fifth year was sleeping. He supposed that he couldn't get on the nerves of someone sleeping, after all. Not only that, but his traveling partner was in Slytherin clothing. Familiarity always comforted him on long trips, even if he and his fellow house mates didn't normally see eye to eye.  

flammingcorn

Alexagirlie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:16 pm
Tessa strolled onto platform 9 & 3/4's at 10:55am, took one look at the gleaming red steam engine that was the Hogwarts Express put down the cage with her cat Thimbletack was in and let out an angry huff and stumped her foot hard.
"I dont want to go back Mother!" she said sharply, swinging around to face her parents, a frown marring her pretty face.
"Now now dear you should scrunch your face up like that, it will give you wrinkles" Her mother replied simply ignoring Tessa's comment.
Tessa let out a snort.
"Your Mother is right Tes, and besides Hogwarts is a wonderful school, the best school actually, even Harry Potter attended here back in the day," Her father put in placing a calming hand on her shoulder "and thats no way for a lady to behave so smarten up" he said teasingly.
Tessa gave her father a small smile "You tell me the same thing every year and every year it doesn't make a difference."
Her father smiled back and placed a kiss on her forehead "You better get on the train now or you might get stuck sitting with a hufflepuff, or worse a griffindor."
Tessa shuddered then let out a dramatic sigh "fine fine im going," she hugged both her parents "I'll see you at Christmas."
Tess then turned picked up Thimbletack and boarded the train.
Squaring her shoulders Tessa arranged her beautiful face into a look of bored disinterest and set off to find a seat hopefully in a compartment with all Slytherins.
After several minutes of fruitless searching Tessa realized the only empty seats left on the whole train was a compartment with two Ravenclaw fifth years. Tessa lot out what must be her 100th sigh that day.
"well at least Ravenclaws arent as bad as the other two houses" she muttered to herself before raising her hand to the compartment door.
She gave the door a firm knock then waited to be awknowledged before sliding it open and sticker her long tressled head inside.
"Hi, do you mind if i sit in here, all the other compartments are full?" she asked with a small embarressed smile on her face.

( sorry for the long a** post but since im going to college and working im not going to have much time to post.
Feel free to do some stuff before getting to me knocking on your door IamredMage )  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 am
((Corn, your post was excellent. For a beginner roleplayer, you catch on quick. By the way, Adélie penguins are my second favourite animal, after peregrine falcons blaugh .))

Caleb was just about to reply, when a girl, with a highly embarrased look on her face entered the apartement. He scowled. A slytherin. Well, he though, Serverus Snape was a slytherin, and he had helped in the fall of the dark lord. Caleb shuddered. Not by disgust of slytherin, but of fear. He had always been terrified of the stories that had been told at hogwarts of a great dark wizard, whom had killed many people, and came back from death. He had instantly feared the third coming of Lord Voldemort. Caleb moved Hedge's cage, and placed it next to Maddonna, Michel's owl, named so because of Michel's fascination with bad, old, muggle music, and the slutty women who often sang it. He himself prefered the rock and pop genre of music. Well, he thought, hopefully this journey won't be too long.  

Arctic Raptor
Vice Captain

Rozette de Rozu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 am
Chandini waited for a while, the train wouldn't leave until quite a while from then. She felt like having some junk food and read manga to pass the time. She got up from her compartment and went over to one of the old ladies who was selling magical food.
"Um, I would like two chocolate frogs and a bloodpop please", she politely requested.
"Sure dearie, that would be 3 galleons", the lady said as she gave her the food and recieved the money.

She returned to her compartment to find two Hufflepuffs there.
"Um, excuse me, I was sitting here", Chandini said as she pointed to her luggage above the seats.
"Well find another Ravie, what are you? Second year or something?", one of them asked.
"No, I'm a fifth year, and I don't need to hear this if you are going to stay here insulting me, I'll just take my bags", she said as she was removing her luggages.

She heard the girls gossiping and giggling, obviously about her.
"Stupid idiots, hufflepuffs are always fair, my butt!", she muttered under her breath.
"Hurry up geek!", said the other. Chandini wasn't too furious when she said that, but she didn't want the huffie to go unpunished.
She casted a spell, without them knowing.
"Hey, I'm going to get Miranda, would you save my seat, unlike that nerd", the girl giggled.
Suddenly a fluffly dog-tail appeared on both of the girls.
"What *bark* is this? *bark*", they said.

Chandini giggled quietly and had trouble finding a seat. She then found the compartment where the girl reading the book was sitting in.
"Um, may I sit here?", she asked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:41 am
Arctic Raptor
((Corn, your post was excellent. For a beginner roleplayer, you catch on quick. By the way, Adélie penguins are my second favourite animal, after peregrine falcons blaugh .))

((Thank you! ^^ I RP from time to time, I've just never done it in a forum. Also, I just love writing. I've been working on a novel of my own for two years now. XD))  

flammingcorn

Arctic Raptor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:28 am
((When we are posting in an rping forum, but not the rp, we type it in double brackets. I edited your post for you.))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:30 am
Arctic Raptor
((When we are posting in an rping forum, but not the rp, we type it in double brackets. I edited your post for you.))

((Ah, okay. biggrin Sorry. I'm gonna quit taking up RP space with my non-RP posts now XD))  

flammingcorn

Kiara Silverwolf

4,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 am
"Hmm?" Kiara looked up from her book to see a fellow Ravenclaw at the door. "Sure, I don't see why not" She said with a tiny smile. She always tried to help out other Ravenclaws. "Your a fifth year right?" She guessed, mostly because she had seen the girl around the school often throughout the years.

She didn't really wait for an answer before her head was buried in her book. Typical Ravenclaw behavior, just multiplied once or twice...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 pm
Tessa gave the dark-haired boy a grateful smile and moved fully into the compartment
"thank you" she said politely the sat as far as she could from them in an attempt to not disturb their privacy too much.
She placed Thimbletack right under her seat so he couldnt see in the owls in case he got any idea's.
Rummaging through her bags Tessa pulled out her Herbology textbook and began reading.  

Alexagirlie

IamredMage
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 pm
Michel saw Caleb's look of disgust at the sight of the slytherin girl, and shot him a pointedly nasty look in return. It annoyed him when people judged others, especially his friends. For now though, he let it lie. He turned to the girl, smiled at her. In fact, Michel was almost sure he'd seen the girl around at school. "Hey. I'm Michel, and this is Caleb. You're name's... Tessa, right? We were just talking about our OWLS this year..." The girl seemed almost surprised he had spoken to her. Michel wasn't one much for inter-house rivalry. It was all pretty pointless in his view. After all, they were all people, right?  
Welcome to Hogwarts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff