Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Pro-Life flowers on the steps of the Supreme Court. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

peacecorps333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:23 pm
If you are Pro-Life, you may wish to leave flowers on the steps of the Supreme Court.
(or send flowers)

Roe v. Wade pushes frivolous and unneeded abortions on all 50 states.

The flowers on the steps would be like it's the grave site of the unborn.

Thank You for your time.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:10 pm
peacecorps333
If you are Pro-Life, you may wish to leave flowers on the steps of the Supreme Court.
(or send flowers)

Thank You for your time.

Roe v. Wade does not push anything
it allows people to choose
nothing more
nothing less  

lordstar

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:47 pm
lordstar
peacecorps333
(or send flowers)

Thank You for your time.

nothing more
nothing less

Much like how slavery laws allowed people to own certain property. No more, no less.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:16 pm
divineseraph
lordstar
peacecorps333
(or send flowers)

Thank You for your time.

nothing more
nothing less

Much like how slavery laws allowed people to own certain property. No more, no less.

you have a point
but just the same
at the time it was up to those with power to make their choice
nothing has changed
from slave labor to child labor and on down the line
and still today
we have choices to make
Roe v. Wade doesn't force abortions on anyone
it allows women to make a choice

if pro-lifers (very important to note how general this comment is directed) really want change they will need to win the hearts and minds of the people with kindness and understanding not with threats and alienation

I suggest a change of tactics
because even a victory in court or with public policy will not solve such a dispute

to kill the plant you attack the root
but no one wants to ask the hard questions
why? why do people do what they do?  

lordstar

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:41 pm
Personally, I think Abortion is personal, and I don't think the government should be involved in a matter like this...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm
mazuac
Personally, I think Abortion is personal, and I don't think the government should be involved in a matter like this...

I think slave owning is personal, and the government shouldn't be involved in a matter like this...

See what I did thar?  

divineseraph

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 pm
lordstar
divineseraph
lordstar
peacecorps333
(or send flowers)

Thank You for your time.

nothing more
nothing less

you have a point
but just the same
at the time it was up to those with power to make their choice
nothing has changed
from slave labor to child labor and on down the line
and still today
we have choices to make
Roe v. Wade doesn't force abortions on anyone
it allows women to make a choice

if pro-lifers (very important to note how general this comment is directed) really want change they will need to win the hearts and minds of the people with kindness and understanding not with threats and alienation

I suggest a change of tactics
because even a victory in court or with public policy will not solve such a dispute

to kill the plant you attack the root
but no one wants to ask the hard questions
why? why do people do what they do?

Yes, we need to end not only abortion, but the reasons abortion is seen as necessary. We need to get better healthcare, we need to have better systems for pregnant women in the workforce, better access to birth control in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:08 pm
divineseraph
mazuac

I think slave owning is personal, and the government shouldn't be involved in a matter like this...

That's actually a very scripture based position; I applaud.  

IcarusDream

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 am
divineseraph

See what I did thar?

Yep. You are comparing two things that are not alike at all. So what's your point?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 am
Lady Kayura
divineseraph

See what I did thar?

Yep. You are comparing two things that are not alike at all. So what's your point?

They are alike- Government controlling personal property versus government controlling personal property.

Assuming, of course, that we consider slaves and feti to be personal property.

Slaves WERE considered personal property. Feti ARE considered personal property.

Using an argument that says that the government should have no say in a personal choice depends on what is being chosen. What about slavery? Murder? Theft? Heroine? Drunk driving? These are all personal choices.

My point is, saying that the government should have no say is fallacious because that is the government's job- To make laws against wrongs. Owning and using property is not wrong- Unless we consider feti and slaves or other human beings as property.

It's not that lifers want the government to control women or control choices. We want to restrict this one choice which harms others, much like with the abolition of slavery.  

divineseraph

Tarrou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:08 am
IcarusDream
divineseraph

I'm really hoping you meant that ironically; it's hard to tell when you've the Southern Cross in your signature.

Anyhow, just popping in to let y'all know not to be surprised if this thread disappears into the debate forum some time in the future.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 am
Lady Kayura
divineseraph

See what I did thar?

take another look
do you see the irony of American history
could be a similar reference idk  

lordstar

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:52 pm
Tarrou
IcarusDream
divineseraph

I'm really hoping you meant that ironically; it's hard to tell when you've the Southern Cross in your signature.

It's a sarcastic attack, but I still consider it true.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 pm
IcarusDream
It's a sarcastic attack, but I still consider it true.

So if you think that the government shouldn't have a say in whether you do or do not own slaves, then am I correct in inferring that you believe that slavery is moral, or at least not evil?  

Tarrou

Orizion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 pm
I hate to be a pessimist, but even if the government made a law against abortion, people may still do it. People break the law everyday. Also, many people will be enraged towards the government for making such a law. Personally, I don't know why, but I know it's impossible to please everyone.

Another thought to consider: we are human beings, right? Not former-humans, nor waiting-to-be-human, etc. In other words, I think that feti are humans. Abortion not only kills a life, it is also painful for the mother (or so I've heard).  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff