Reply Sanctuary: The Poets and Writers Escape
Literature discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strawberry Rai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:26 pm
Hey! It's me again, with a new idea to get a few reveiws on some novels. Personally, I think this is benefitial for everyone and not just people who have a gift for writing anything or like it. This is to help me and you guys expand our interests and try new things, and think of it: reading the style of other authors maybe a style you like and can help you with your writing! Please, this willk definately help you! Enjoy!! razz

I will give reviews as well!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:36 pm
Twilight series by Stephaine Meyer. It is an addicting trilogy of Vampires, and when you hear the word 'Vampire' Dracula may come to mind or horror and blood sucking but, this book gives vampires a whole new definition! Genres include: Romance, Action, and Fantasy it is also suspenceful!

Honestly, I never thought I could be interested in a book so much until my teacher introduced me to the Twilight series! Now I am obssesed!! Why not share such a excellent piece of literature?

Summary:
17 year old Isabella Marie Swan moves from Arizona to live with her father Charlie Swan in Forks, Washington. While there she meets up with the mysterious Cullen family, Alice Cullen, Jasper Hale, Rosalie Hale, Emmet Cullen and Edward Cullen, all are 'adopted' by young cuple Carlisle [CAR LIE L] Cullen and Esme Cullen. During her first day of school Bella sets her eyes upon Edward Cullen for the first time and falls head over heels for him. The problem is, what are the dangers and what is she getting herself into?

It is so good! I am very vague with the summary because I usually get too into it and give eveything away xD So, to find out more read the book!

Strawberry Rai

Strawberry Rai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Oooh! I read another excellent story, another author with another interesting and unique take on vampires, Sweet Blood by Pete Hautman is a short novel about Lucy Stazbo, a teenage diabetic who gose on a Vampire chat with people who think they are vampires, but when she meets a strange character named Draco she is not so sure that he is joking around. When Lucy swares she meets him in real life, she signs on as Sblood (sweet blood) to find Draco.

It gives meh the chills x3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:55 pm
The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Books

A great set of novels about a middle schooler who discovers he is the son of the sea god, and has to go about being a hero. Written in first person from the pov of a dyslexic, ADD demi god. This book mixes comedy with fantasy, and a great mixture of Greek Mythology too, as many people enjoy that. I, personally, am a fan of middle schoolers (as I am one), comedy, and greek mythology. The writer himself is incredibly witty, not to mention well educated. The books move quickly despite being average length, and have been the first ones I've read in a while that haven't totally bored me to death. Five out of five stars from me ^^  

Filthy Pervert
Captain

Dapper Tycoon

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Strawberry Rai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:59 pm
I will be sure to read it, ^^ I absolutely adore greek mythology.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:01 pm
The Warriors books by Erin Hunter.

An exciting series where the main character, Rusty (later known as Firepaw) leaves his kittypet home(human home) for the forest. Being new to Thunderclan and the life of "wild cats," he constantly faces prejudice for not being "clan-born."

(Ok, that was really bad, but I'm basically braindead today. XD)  

burntchurro

Nightangelchi
Crew

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 am
Heres a book series that i enjoy greatly

"Maximum Ride"
By:James Patterson

Summary:
Six mutant bird kids, ranging from all ages of teenagers to children, break out of The School, as it was called, a place where human DNA, and Animal DNA was combined to try to make an Elite race. Now the Six bird kids try to run for their lives from Erasers, wolf like mutants that shape from humans to like werewolves (hard to describe, read the book =3) who are trying to re-capture them, and bring them back to The School.
The story for the most part is shown through Maximum Ride's eyes, aka, Max, who is about a 16 year old girl. The rest of the siblings are Fang, Iggy, Gasman or Gazzy, Nudge and Angel. The only two in this 'Flock' as they call themselves that are true siblings are Gazzy and Angel, the rest are not related what-so-ever by blood. Along with being bird-like freaks (this is what they call themselves, seriously) they also have their own powers, that if are not already told in the beginning chapters come out more. But you gotta read the book to find out what they are Tee hee ^^

ENJOY! Its the BEST SERIES EVER! besides of corse the Twilight Series, by Stephanie Meyer ^^ (Best part about this series, its like $4-6 for a soft covered book. at least here it is ^^)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:25 am
All of Christopher Moore's books.

Christopher Moore has a unique sense of humor, a fresh view on life, and some of the most colorful characters I've ever read. He takes sarcasm to a hidden level, and jumps from POV to POV in the most understanding of manners. I would suggest all of his books, especially Practical Demonkeeping and the Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.  

Filthy Pervert
Captain

Dapper Tycoon

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sanctuary: The Poets and Writers Escape

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers