Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Introductions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Britomartis-the-Valiant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:01 am
Introductions:

This is the place to introduce yourself. You may include little details such as a nickname you would like to be called, your age, what countries you have visited if you travel, what parts of the world you are intrigued by and would like to visit, and perhaps other interests and hobbies. Please post only once. Thank you and have fun!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:09 am
About Myself:

I am generally called "Brito" or "Lumia," but feel free to add to my nickname collection. I am eighteen and I am a student in the United States. I have never traveled abroad, but I love other cultures, particularly those of the Middle East, South East Asia, Central Eurasia, and Northern Africa. I enjoy chatting with people from all over the globe as well as doing crafts and such.  

Britomartis-the-Valiant
Captain

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:34 pm
Allo^_^
my names Cleopatra LV Tempus but just call me Cleo^_^ I'm 19 and i live in Canada going to University in Ottawa. I have traveled to a few places like Spain, France, Italy, Germany, and many different parts of the USA. i love to read and i am obsessed with other cultures. I love history so my favorite places are places with a great amount of history behind them. Especially Egypt!!! for some reason i am in love with ancient Egypt ^_^ maybe it has to do with the fact I'm named after ones of their Queens lol. anyways I hope that this guild turns out to be a lot of fun ^_^
keep up the faith
Cleo^_^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 pm
Hi.
I'm called LadyLoriel or just LadyL, but if you find a better nickname then tell me. I'm 18 and I live in a small village in Sweden. I have travled to places like Greece, Bulgaria, Norway, England and Finland, but there is still alot of places that I want to visit.
I love different cultures, especially different African and Asian cultures. I love to hear the history of the places I have been to and stuff like that.
I like to be out in the forest and do nothing special, watch movies, drawing and stuff like that.

Oh, and watch out for my english...  

LadyLoriel

In Medias Res II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:08 pm
Hello all!

I'm Amanda and I am a Classics major in the archaeology and art stream. I am studying in Canada. I have backpacked through Italy, I dislike France, and I am travelling to Jordan and Egypt in December!

The place I wish to visit most right now is Jerusalem and I hope the relationship between the Palestinians and Israelis does not continue to disintegrate.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:17 pm
Hu-hmm, howdy all.
I'm Katie and a friend of the previously introduced Amanda - knowing each other from the mythical land of the "real world".
I haven't done a lot of travelling in my short number of years but I have toured around parts of England and parts of France. I have also ventured down into the US of A (ah see, I'm Canadian).
Places I would like to visit? Just about everywhere! I have my sights on an exchange program with my school to New Zealand for my 4th year in University. Since I study Greek and Roman societies as well it's obvious that I would like to someday (soon?) visit Greece and Italy.  

Zedka

Invisible Lunatic

Hellenistic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:27 pm
Well my name isn't long so I guess a nickname isn't needed. I'm 23, and I have been all over the United States, Iceland, parts of Germany, Ireland, Puerto Rico, Kuwait, Iraq, Okinawa...maybe more but my memory is terrible. I would like to travel around more of the Middle East, as well as Africa and South America. More time in Europe probably wouldn't hurt either.

I am interested in...Greek and Roman Societies (ancient)...as well as Middle Eastern and South American history and culture. I enjoy reading a wide variety of subjects from fiction to non-fiction (especially the sciences). I also have a growing interest in some forms of classical art.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:32 pm
Hello. well, my nickname , is chisu or chris. (i can't change gaia name anymore) I love learning about new places and cultures. I haven't been anywhere out of the united states, sadly. no wiat, i've been to canada, once... confused . But I hope to do alot more traveling, I want to see alot of other places.  

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:34 pm
Hello, My name is Galatea, though Gala or even G will do just fine. I live in the US but I have done a little traveling, mostly to England, Scotland, and Costa Rica. I hope to do much much more before I get tied down with a full time job! I love other cultures, food, languages (though I only speak English sadly) and of course the sights of other lands. I love to talk about travel so feel free to PM me any time. By the way thank you very much for the invitation to the guild!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 am
Hello, my username is Aka Arashi but please call me Crim. I'm 16 years old and live in Canada.
I haven't done a whole lot of travelling, but am dying to once I make some money of my own. The only travelling I have really done is to the States a few times, to Quebec and to the Dominican Republic last year.
I am very interested in many of the subjects I'm currently studying in school, namely Engish, French, drama and history.
My interests outside of school include reading and writing, as well as riding my bike.
There are numerous places I want to travel to, but my top three places I want to go to are Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

The Tao of Maple Syrup

Renaissance Girl 14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 am
Well, let's see. Hello, everyone. The nickname I go by most often is Renni, but feel free to make up your own. I'm a fourteen year old living in the cities. I haven't been outside of the U.S yet, but once I'm old enough to travel farther I'd like to do it quite often.
My hobbies during the summer are mostly reading, writing, playing mystery games and researching as much information as possible on Ancient Greece and Rome. If anyone has good book recommendations, I'd be happy to hear them; I'd love to become a historian when I'm older.
I also love to bike a lot, but my other main source of excercise is my Yoga practice, which I've loved ever since I started about two years ago. Most of the music I listen to is instrumental, except for Loreena McKennitt and a few others. If I didn't have my little iPod with me, I think I would have spent a fortune on batteries, so I think my parents are happy about that^_^.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:54 am
Hello all - it would be rather impractical to refer to me as 'the girl in the tree,' so Hillary will do fine (my only request is that I beg of you not to shorten it to 'Hill,' as I am not a land form).

I live in America and really the only traveling I've done is around the States, sadly. I hope to do a lot of it in the future though and I especially love places with a lot of history behind them. So, being unable to travel in current circumstances, I'm trying to look at this as an opportunity to learn things about places so that I appreciate them when I do go there. Glass half full, and all that.

That's about it, I guess. ninja  

The girl in the tree

-Saphi- Yours Truly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:59 pm
Hola!! My name is Kiara, you can either call me Kiki or Saphi <3.

I live on Puerto Rico, I'm fully bilingual, and I've traveled to different parts of the U.S., Barbado, Trinidad & Tobago, St. Thomas, Aruba and Dominican Republic.

I'd love to travel to most of Europe mostly Norway since my grandma and I wanted to go but she passed away before traveling.

Apart from Norway I'd love to go to Egypt and Greece the most 8D

My hobbies are writing and reading. I always am holding a book lol

I guess that's all I can say now <3 Nice to meet you all :3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:08 am
Hallo!

My name is Stav and I am a seventeen years old living in Israel. I have just graduated and now working as a caregiver and a private teacher.
I am pretty much bilingual. Apart from Hebrew and English, I have a good understanding of Aramaic (northern-central dialect) and I am currently studying Polish, German and Czech.

I have been in Australia, France and Poland. I am in love with Europe, especially its Central and Eastern parts, and quite obsessed with the Slavic cultures and ex-Communist countries. I would like to travel across the continent someday, and also in Caucasia, Ural Mts., Siberia, Korea and North America.  

Einllikoach
Crew

The World Mosaic

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas