Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:46 am

<3

No.

Christ died so that we could be saved from sin. Looking down on yourself and others (as many churches do) is a blow to God. The Lord made us in his image. Yes, we sinned in the past, and we do sin now, but does that make us sinners if we are children of God? If you see a painting and all you see is how nasty it is, how bad it looks, how you don't like it, whom does that insult? The creator of that painting.
With attributes of righteousness, we become righteous people. That does not mean it is impossible for us to sin, but it is impossible for us to be sinners when we are righteous at heart. When we have The Lord in us, we cannot be sinners.
Committing acts of sin and being a sinner are different things. Being a Sinner entails that we are not in any way with The Lord and that The Lord is not in us. Being a REAL Christian makes it impossible to be a sinner.

Makes sense?

<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:24 am
no i go against what your saying. but i do get what your saying.

receiving the grace of God and being Christian DOESNT mean we are not sinners but rather that we would receive God's forgiveness if we repent and truly repent for our sins. we are still sinners, nothing can change that.  

sunshinehearttrob

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:51 am

<3

How can you be a "sinner" if you have the Lord in your heart? The Lord has attributes of righteousness, does he not?

<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:53 pm
Christ died for us yes but if we don't stay in him we become a sinner once again  

Robert Loger

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 pm
I would argue that perhaps it is impossible not to sin (not that I don't think the idea of sin is more than a fear tactic for the social control of human beings by other human beings)

I would need to make some rather large and fairly obvious concessions

if our simple existence may have some sort of negative impact (known or unknown, intentional or not) on someone else then that would be a sin

we can't change our existence (dead or alive) and thus we would live in sin

a bit of a stretch and I am tempted to toss out the idea, however, it still remains to be a possible scenario

reader be warned there is more to the above and it will take some critical thinking and backburner tumbling to connect all the dots
this is just an idea to add a curve ball to the conversation

and with that said the chances of getting flamed are still very high  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:56 pm

<3

Well it is pretty much impossible to sin because we all do live in the world, which as sin in it, and we're all not perfect. But being imperfect and being a "dirty sinner that is unworthy of God's grace" are two different things. xd The Lord made us, so I think that he would know more than us how worthy we are of his love. xd

<3

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:52 am
Von Kyon

<3

Well it is pretty much impossible to sin because we all do live in the world, which as sin in it, and we're all not perfect. But being imperfect and being a "dirty sinner that is unworthy of God's grace" are two different things. xd The Lord made us, so I think that he would know more than us how worthy we are of his love. xd

<3

Every persons on planet Earth is unworthy of God, Jesus even said so. Not even his apostle's were worthy of the Creator and Sustainer... Which is kind of depressing, however, we know we will be saved by faith in the Lord, who is not just worthy of God, but IS God himself! And, yes, we are all just dirty little sinners unworthy of God's grace...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:02 pm
mazuac
Von Kyon

<3

<3

Every persons on planet Earth is unworthy of God, Jesus even said so. Not even his apostle's were worthy of the Creator and Sustainer... Which is kind of depressing, however, we know we will be saved by faith in the Lord, who is not just worthy of God, but IS God himself! And, yes, we are all just dirty little sinners unworthy of God's grace...

<3

Was that before or after Jesus died for our sins?

FYI: Jesus dies for our sins, so that we could be forgiven, so that we could be worthy of God's grace.

I can tell you go to a typical church just by your untypical response. Have you read The Bible or do you just listen to what other people in your church tell you?

<3

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Onigiri-heart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:51 am
well, yes. we are a bunch of dirty sinners in a way... we all sin and all sins are inexcusable. but then when jesus died he took being one away, i think it depends on what grounds youre talking about smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:47 pm
Von Kyon
mazuac
Von Kyon

<3

<3

<3

Was that before or after Jesus died for our sins?

FYI: Jesus dies for our sins, so that we could be forgiven, so that we could be worthy of God's grace.

I can tell you go to a typical church just by your untypical response. Have you read The Bible or do you just listen to what other people in your church tell you?

<3

despite Jesus dying on the cross, we are all sinners and unworthy of the grace of God. but God send his Son down to Earth because He loves us.

John 3:16
for God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

we are not made sinless just because of the grace of God but rather we are given a chance at eternal life. therefore by definition of the word "sin", we are still able to sin and will sin. and therefore we are sinners.

and since we are sinners, we all need to accept Jesus Christ as our personal savior to go to our Maker and our Father.  

sunshinehearttrob

Orizion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:47 pm
Thank you, Von Kyon, for posting this topic. I wanted to post something similar, but was afraid to. Now, I believe that on our own, we will sin. However, when we become a Christian, we still have the capability to sin, because we still have the old nature hangin' around (see exhibit A)
Exhibit A

New, Christ-centered me --------- Old, sinful me

If we always "feed" or rely on the old, sinful nature, we, in a sense, will be "sinners" even though we have a New "creature" available to us 24/7!

Here's another twist if you wish to discuss it.
Did Enoch sin (he did not die, and the wages of sin is death)?
Did Elijah sin (he did not "die," but was taken to heaven)?
If they did NOT sin, would Romans 3:10 thus be rendered incorrect? And was Christ's death for them in vain?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:03 pm

<3

Ugh, we all know John 3:16. We were sinners before Christ died for us. That is not to say that is is impossible for us to be sinners. If we have Christ in us, we are not sinners because we have CHRIST in our hearts, who DID NOT SIN. Do you guys get it? Or are you too preoccupied with other people's closed-minded descriptions of The Bible?

Has anyone of the people arguing against what I'm saying actually READ the whole Bible? All of the New Testament at least?

Again, not saying we are incapable of sin, or being sinners. I am merely saying that if we truly and really have The Lord in our heart, we are not sinners. We may sin, but we are not sinners. Because, as I've said several times in this topic and post, The Lord gives us attributes of righteousness. Is it possible to be a righteous sinner? No.

<3

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Xyloid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:15 pm
That is why this is my God.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:18 pm