Why do you like Doctor Who so much? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UniversalDestiny
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 pm
Let's see what type of responses we'll get here.

Since I'm still new to the series I'll start first. I love the different types of stories and issues that are brought up in Doctor Who. Usually, a typical American show will rehash everything that has been done in a different show. However, being an American myself I welcome Doctor Who as an alternative to the usual drama that American shows portray.

It's scientific and it makes you look at things in a whole new perspective. The idea of sentience, the value of life and friendship. Since I've started watching the show, I have never seen Rose/Martha or the Doctor become Drama Queens. Yes, Jack is portrayed as a typical American guns blazing in a reign of glory, but still, Doctor Who makes you think about things that have long been forgotten in this world. Friendship, Laughter, Life... things that the world, especially Americans have forgotten these days. Even after 9/11, I think we have returned to a pre-9/11 state where we think nothing is going to happen. We need to be shown how to love, laugh, and have fun...imagine. Instead of focusing on ourselves, we need to think of others and to me Doctor Who shows me that.

Plus, I'm a history major love all the references to history and previous events and the future that Science may eventually take us someday.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:53 am
I was introduced to Doctor Who by my parents obscure references to hiding behind the sofa because the Daleks were coming. I was there when they showed the first episode of the new series "Rose" on Auntie Beeb, being a Brit. I've been hooked ever since.

Other than the new series (pl) i've seen the Key to Time arc (4Romana) Genesis of the Daleks (4Sarah-Jane) 5 Doctors (various) and the 1996 movie (8Grace). I am currently watching Earthshock (5TeganNyssaAdric).  

XiTheta

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100

XThexDoctorX
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:11 pm
I've loved Doctor Who since I was little. My Dad taught me about it and I'm so glad that it is back on, i'm so happy that we finally get Doctor Who here in America! The Doctor is back!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:20 pm
I've been hooked on Doctor Who ever since seeing David Tennant's first time as Ten on the SciFi channel. Since then I've seen all of the new seasons 1-3 multiple times, as we ll as The Five Doctors, Robot (the first Tom Baker story), and various episodes, plus watching Torchwood and the many parodies of Doctor Who.
Being an American Whovian, it is hard to avoid spoilers but I do my best! I'm also quite grateful that I have some Who novels, and Season 2 on DVD.

My favorite Doctors are Ten and Nine, although the first five Doctors together brings out some awesome qualities in them. I'm also a big fan of Captain Jack. xD

Oh yes, and I'm a huge fangirl of David Tennant, but I'll try to be nice and share with you all. rofl

If you want to know more about me, just visit my profile! ^^

Ceribri
Crew

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Galaxy_defender
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:42 pm
One of the main reasons as to why I like Doctor Who so much is because I find it an awesome escape from reality.
Once I had a really bad nightmare, and was way too scared to go back to sleep, so I watched Doctor Who until it was morning, and it made me forget my nightmare and be happy again.

But other reasons as to why I like it so much is because;
* The Doctor messes up historical events - it amuses me.
* Doctor + Companion = Cute!
* I'm a total fangirl of the show. I ship everyone.
* I think David Tennant rocks (although I do prefer other Doctor's... I'm just in love with DT)
* The storylines are amazing! I mean, seriously!! How do they do it?
* I want to work with TV when I'm older, more specifically, the BBC, and Doctor Who Confidential gives me a great idea of what my future job will be like.

There are loads more, but I can't be bothered to type anymore. I type too much. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:57 pm
Introduced to Doctor Who by my older sister and i fell in love with Tom Baker.  

Doctor 4
Crew

Theater Geek 500

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:37 pm
I love Doctor who so much

I was introduced to all the Doctors (except the 6, 7, 8 because no one knows them)

My favorite Doctors are Tom Baker and David Tenent (but I love the way David Tenent potrays the Doctor).

Also I like Martha better than Rose but that is only my opinion...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:16 pm
I grew up with Doctor Who. My family watched a tape of the TV movie when I was really little. My first words were 'blue box', actually.  

The Chronarch

Anxious Shapeshifter

The Chronokinetic King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:09 pm
I like it because ive always been a fan of time travel. I always used to dream about traveling through time and visiting dinosaurs, historic places,etc.I got into the show about a year and a half ago, seeing the 9th doctor. So far my favorite doctors that ive seen are 1,9,10.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:17 pm
started watching with the 9th Doctor was told about doctor who by a friend been hooked ever since the tenth is my personal favorite, the doctor is an action hero but his muscle is his brain!  

Parkent

ch1ps0h0y

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:22 pm
Started watching by accident actually. I was at my neighbours having dinner with my family and theirs. A friend with my neighbour's family suddenly mentioned Doctor Who and turned on the TV (which is right next to the table and pretty big so it's very noticable). At that point, all i've heard about it was from my VERY obsessed friends at school so I thought it might be worth watching. It started in the middle of The Shakespeare Code with Martha thumping the Doctor's back (two hearts! lol!). It seemed interesting so i watched it the next week and i became hooked. I LOVE Doctor Who now! How do they come up with these storylines that fit in so well with real history? Like Queen Victoria's condition and Shakespeare's inspiration for "Shall I compare thee" and Macbeth (three witches).

David Tennant is my favourite Doctor. I think he's the funniest but Christopher Eccleston is funny in the way he acts. I like Tennant so much i watch Goblet of Fire over and over just to see him act funny in it blaugh heh, he dyed his hair black! Lol! He looked so different i didn't know it was him until someone told me smile

Anyway, i type too much so i'll stop now...i could write more but i won't biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm
It took me awhile to actually sit down and watch an episode. I was watching Who wants to be a superhero on the sci-fi channel (I'm an American) and I saw a commercial for Doctor Who so I told myself "Oh I'll watch it later, maybe another time, maybe another time, later . . ." 'Till finally, one boring September day, sci-fi was having a marathon and I said 'Ah, might as well, there's nothing to do anyway' So I sat down and watched the Ninth Doctor in "The Doctor Dances" I fell in love with it imediately! I beat myself up for not watching it sooner blaugh

I like David the best, but I've only really seen Ninth, Tenth, and Fourth on tv and am currently catching some of the older episodes on youtube, starting from tghe beginning.

I think it's a great show because of the creativity, the originality, how they slip in some of the best humor on tv, and it's just so new and vivid compared to most regular American television.  

Mr Ianto Jones

MurphysLuck
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:57 am
You know what I love? I love the fact that even CANON has no canon. xd I know it's frustrating for people who like facts in nice neat little lines. But my gods, it's bloody brilliant to see something that contradicts itself and still manages to work.

My two biggest reasons for loving it like this:

#1: It's built for custom-made fanon. Don't like something? Pick another version!

#2: It makes the crotchety stick-in-the-muds shout the loudest and make themselves known with all of their bitching, so it's easy to avoid them. xd I'd rather hang out with fun-fans than nazi-fans any day of the week.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:59 pm
ch1ps0h0y
David Tennant is my favourite Doctor. I think he's the funniest but Christopher Eccleston is funny in the way he acts. I like Tennant so much i watch Goblet of Fire over and over just to see him act funny in it blaugh heh, he dyed his hair black! Lol! He looked so different i didn't know it was him until someone told me smile

Honestly, David Tennant is one of my favorites, too. When I saw him in Casanova (as Casanova, lol) I kept saying to myself, "That's odd, I wouldn't think the Doctor would do tha- Oh, right. Casanova. Heh".

I love it for the fact that, at least in the old stuff, the aliens are guys in furry suits or long bits of string or something equally as silly, and the set is about as high-tech, but it only adds to the charm.

...Among other things.  

MaryAnneStrangeAngel

The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas