Reply General Halo Discussion
N00b Combo: Is it Really N00bish? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DumberDan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:38 pm
I mean, c'mon. Lets think about it. How many times have been cussed at for using the n00b combo (if ever). I mean c'mon. Let's all admit. The n00b combo is great. Take down their shields then finish them with a single shot to the head. It's that simple, easy kills, and will let you fly through the ranks, but will get you yelled at in the process. I mean if it's such a big deal to other people that they're getting owned by it, and getting knocked down to second to last, did it ever occur to them that maybe they should try their luck with the combo? If one cared so much about their rank, then they would use it. I don't know about you, but I think it's smart. Opinions on the matter?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 am
I agree that there are some noob combos, but i don't care about them.
In Halo: CE, everyone cussed at me because i was noobing the rocket launcher. Uhhh... if its in the game, i can use it so STFU. But i agree with you, use whatever you want and don't listen to the people calling you bad names. and remember "There are no rules in war"  

Kamikaze102

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Deraga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:44 pm
True all is fair in love and war but the problem is using things to such an extent that its unbeatable, thats what makes it unfair. For instance I used to hold halo partys at my house with up to ten people and on slayer the wepons are random. There were so many rocket launchers against people with other random wepons that we had to take random off because it wasnt fun annymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:45 pm
ninja Ya if your going to play the game you better expect people to use noob combos, You need to agree with me that they are one of the best ways to kill others short and sweet. So instead of bitching maybe you should start using them yourself to narrow the playing field. ninja  

Juggalo482

Threemo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:15 pm
Noob-ish or not, it's a good combo.
I can't even count how many times it's saved my rear in a fire fight.

And it's really good when playing Juggernaut, and the 'naut has an overshild.

I really believe, those that complain about it, are crap players that can't counter it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:58 am
Il agree with everyone else and say the wepons are there for a reason so use them, so one shot from a shotgun and a melee with it after the shell is a noob tactic so what, just use it and rule the match!  

shreddedman

MechmanZero

Aekea Player

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:19 am
Well, the n00b combo isn't as reliable in 3 as it was in 2. The tracking has been dramatically decreased. Most of the time you could jump or side step to avoid getting hit. But it is good in BTB VIP where the guy has overshields just like Juggernaut, except that a VIP will usually sit and hide making it an easy target.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 pm
People who yell at others are just jealous. If you want to stay ahead, then use it. Plus if the person is really that good of a player, then he/she will either use or learn how to counter someone who is using the combo.  

Black_wolf12002

Distinct Citizen

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Deraga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:25 pm
Hey I'm not sayin' that the noob combo is for lazy people who want to get easy kills. No way its still avoidable if your good enouf but what I dont like is over use in rocket launcher when your not playing rockets. Thats why halo 3 is amazing they dumbed down the rocket launcher. Two thumbs up for the noob combo (If you can get your hands on it)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:52 pm
I have heard about many different n00b combos: Plasma Pistol+BR, Shotgun+Melee, and many others, and I am going to have to agree with many of the people on here. Use it when needed, but don't overuse it, try it when you can, and if you get kicked out of a game for it, just host your own game. Thanks for listening to me.  

Twi666

Akito_Kokoro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:41 pm
I have to say that the noob combo is not really noobish. If somebody is a noob then they probably dont know about it. And even if they do know about it then they probably suck so badly that they get pwnd even with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:04 pm
Plain and simple (basically what everyone else is saying) some noob got beat by it and got mad, overuse of a weapon is just wrong but luckily in 3 most weapons have a counter, but I always melee after a shotgun shell, its just common sense, if you can kill it, then kill it, don't let it kill you.  

Eajo

Deraga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:45 pm
You really want to look at a noob combo (in other words only something a noob would use) is a shotgun+sword I've seen this on many occations and only the idots use them together  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:10 pm
Maybe, and think about this for a second, people want to play the game without stooping to the noob combo. But let me just point something out-

In Halo 1, there was no noob combo, short of the the pistol. But that could be beat easily.

Then in Halo 2 there was PP BR and the Shotgun Melee. The PP BR was unbeatable, it truly was for noobs. The Shotty+Melee takes actual skill.

In Halo 3, the noob combos are PP BR and Shotty+Melee. Now with the PP BR, if they hit you with the PP, they deserve the kill, because that is hard as hell. With the Shotty+Melee, they have to get close to you in the first place. So if you let someone who has a Shotgun get that close, you deserve a face full of buckshot.

So basically, if someone Noob'd you in Halo 3, it isn't because they suck- it's because YOU suck.  

[Stealth Prawn]

Juggalo482

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:16 pm
[Stealth Prawn]
Maybe, and think about this for a second, people want to play the game without stooping to the noob combo. But let me just point something out-

In Halo 1, there was no noob combo, short of the the pistol. But that could be beat easily.

Then in Halo 2 there was PP BR and the Shotgun Melee. The PP BR was unbeatable, it truly was for noobs. The Shotty+Melee takes actual skill.

In Halo 3, the noob combos are PP BR and Shotty+Melee. Now with the PP BR, if they hit you with the PP, they deserve the kill, because that is hard as hell. With the Shotty+Melee, they have to get close to you in the first place. So if you let someone who has a Shotgun get that close, you deserve a face full of buckshot.

So basically, if someone Noob'd you in Halo 3, it isn't because they suck- it's because YOU suck.
ninja At least someone knows what there talking about! ninja  
General Halo Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces