Reply The FSFBG
Music to Listen to While Reading Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iburnaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:47 pm
This stems from the food topic but I am curious. What music do you all like to listen to while reading? Something that fits the general mood of the book or perhaps just your favorite son or what?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:10 pm
well i like j-pop or XM cafe  

Typhoeus

The Great Lion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:48 pm
Normally I pick an album to listen to while I read the entire book. I did that back in high school and now I can't listen to P.O.D. without reliving the entire Abhorsen trilogy.

Mostly its like what you said, I read a few chapters, then I make a generic playlist for my iTunes with a feel for the book and go from there. I'm not one to go hunting for that perfect song for each scene, that's a bit extreme sweatdrop .

the Lion  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:06 am
Normally I listen to whatever suits me at the time. Classical music makes me feel relaxed sometimes, but most of the time I listen to different kinds of rock, or even techno. Just whatever puts my mind at ease at the time xD.  

PhoenixInTheAshes

huskie_lov9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:55 pm
I can't listen to music while I read it distracts me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:40 am
huskie_lov9
I can't listen to music while I read it distracts me sweatdrop
User Image
Souls in the winds must learn how to bend

I'm the exact same way. Though I suppose I might be able to listen to classical while reading....But anything with lyrics would distract me horribly. sweatdrop

Seek out a star, hold on to the endUser Image

Winniwyn

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Tommy Dionysus

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:36 am
Anything from the bg inturmentals from Sailor Moon to the screaming dethvocals of Dethklok from Metalocalypse (or from Cannibal Corpse(<3 Corpsegringer Fisher), Amon Amarth(<3 Johan Hegg), or any other Death Metal / Metal in general band(<3 all of Dimmu Borgir)) to the hip-shaking beats of the Middle East (or even the music that draws on them such as Loreena McKennit, who I always want to dance to) to the wondrous sounds of foreign folk rock such as the Irish band Cruachan, and even Scandinavian Country Music (which is the only type of Country Music I can actually listen to, because the Scandinavians make everything good) such as The Hellbillies (my favorite is Lakafant) to hard core Underground Industrial (like Proton 42 (who is you like, you should visit his message board, because he's a good friend of mine)).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:12 pm
Tommy Cullen
Anything from the bg inturmentals from Sailor Moon to the screaming dethvocals of Dethklok from Metalocalypse (or from Cannibal Corpse(<3 Corpsegringer Fisher), Amon Amarth(<3 Johan Hegg), or any other Death Metal / Metal in general band(<3 all of Dimmu Borgir)) to the hip-shaking beats of the Middle East (or even the music that draws on them such as Loreena McKennit, who I always want to dance to) to the wondrous sounds of foreign folk rock such as the Irish band Cruachan, and even Scandinavian Country Music (which is the only type of Country Music I can actually listen to, because the Scandinavians make everything good) such as The Hellbillies (my favorite is Lakafant) to hard core Underground Industrial (like Proton 42 (who is you like, you should visit his message board, because he's a good friend of mine)).

This has nothing to do with this topic but listen to Chris Barnes led Cannibal Corpse. That other vocalist is just a pretender  

Valas Hume

godhi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:25 am
The type of music I listen to depends entirely on the book I'm reading.
For something like The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher or the Nightside series by Simon R. Green, I listen to rock & roll; for a good horror novel, I might listen to a horror film soundtrack such as the music from Phantasm.
For epic fantasy or science fiction, I often listen to movie soundtracks such as Superman: the Movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, or Stargate.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:44 pm
Valas Hume
This has nothing to do with this topic but listen to Chris Barnes led Cannibal Corpse. That other vocalist is just a pretender

Matter of opinion, honey. I love George, and his voice, and his look, and his feel... I know Chris was good, but I happen to like George better. [shrugs] Thanks for the input, though, cocobun.  

Tommy Dionysus

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Leavaros
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:13 pm
What do I like to listen to while reading? The Soundscapes Channel!

New Age, Variations of Classical, Asian and European Folk (lots of Irish, Gaelic, Celtic, and Tibetian), and all sorts of Easy Listening stuff.

Gods, that's where I found Jim Brickman! *Sighs and clutches Love Songs and Lullabies* *Cupid restocks quiver with a sigh*

Love and Vale,
-LD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:52 pm
I like to listen to Enya, its slow and soothing music.  

Iculula

Arrowish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:48 pm
Depending on the books mood I listen to different songs, I try and choose a certain song to listen to througout the whole book because whenever I listen to that song, it'll remind me of the way I was feeling while I read the book, so if I was listening to All American Rejects while reading about an intence battle, when I hear the song again I'd be tence...its kinda weird but thats the way it is for me =p  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm
Imogen Heap. (Check my multimedia in my profile.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

crystalsmuse
Captain

hybrid_13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:20 pm
What I listen to really depends on my mood and what CD I have in my CD player at the time.  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff