To what extent do we just let it be? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree or Disagree?
  Agree
  Disagree
  too much reading (main point in bold for you XD)
  meh
View Results

Princessofwhatever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:35 pm
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar

this is what im talking about
perhaps your way is not the right way
why not allow others to find their way
the result is the same

your "guide book" is the product of reform as was the books before it
it has undergone countless revisions and has itself spowned reform...not once but twice

think about it
I have thought about it, and i came to the conclusion that the Bible is still a perfect guide. Taking advice from it has made life much easier for me personally. I also as a result of that, more learning, and more thought, came to the conclusion that God has not let the Bible get changed so much that it loses its ability to guide people in the right direction if taken in proper context

What I was getting at by pointing out the fact that Islam reformed Christianity by decree of your lord God because the bible had become tainted is that by your own logic the Koran being the newer and more up to date would be the better reference.

but the way i see it
both are the tails side of a double headed coin
If i dont believe that Mohammed was guided by angels and God, why would refer to the holy book of his religion? Also, if i believe that the Bible is still God's inspired word, why would i want it turned to the holy book of a whole different religion? And if i believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, why would i follow a religion that reduces His standing? Islam is not my religion. Christianity is. Therefore, i will not follow the Koran as if it's the Word of God (the Bible) when i do not believe that it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:51 am
Brothers and Sister in Christ:

I have a poll topic on Mike Vick's apology. This is related to this subject. Do we forgive him?

I proposed that since he claims to have found the Lord, that if the NFL won't take him back he should go into ministry to tell youth about the mistakes he has made and win souls for Christ.

Did you listen to his full apology? The snippets were not as moving as the entire apology. I want to forgive him. However, the unbelievers on the ED are not forgiving him.

Satan is the accuser of the Brethren. Please come find my poll on the ED and weigh in with a Godly Witness for what Our Lord can make of someone's life.

"For while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

In HIM,
Collin  

ParsonCollins

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:11 pm
Princessofwhatever
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar

the result is the same

it has undergone countless revisions and has itself spowned reform...not once but twice

think about it
I have thought about it, and i came to the conclusion that the Bible is still a perfect guide. Taking advice from it has made life much easier for me personally. I also as a result of that, more learning, and more thought, came to the conclusion that God has not let the Bible get changed so much that it loses its ability to guide people in the right direction if taken in proper context

What I was getting at by pointing out the fact that Islam reformed Christianity by decree of your lord God because the bible had become tainted is that by your own logic the Koran being the newer and more up to date would be the better reference.

but the way i see it
If i dont believe that Mohammed was guided by angels and God, why would refer to the holy book of his religion? Also, if i believe that the Bible is still God's inspired word, why would i want it turned to the holy book of a whole different religion? And if i believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, why would i follow a religion that reduces His standing? Islam is not my religion. Christianity is. Therefore, i will not follow the Koran as if it's the Word of God (the Bible) when i do not believe that it is.

you missed the point again

why was the bible written?
Christianity reformed Judaism as did Islam reform Christianity

all either side has to offer are the words "I’m right because I said so"

a follower of Islam might think your just "blinded by the old ways"
sounds familiar doesn't it  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:57 pm
I think, in general, it's a good idea to try to bring to people's attention things that they do that may not be healthy for themselves or those around them, be it with religious matters of just matters of common decency. That being said, doing so requires a certain amount of skill to be effective. Nobody likes being corrected. Nobody likes hearing that they're doing something wrong. Thise are just things that people don't like to hear. So I think that when telling people things like this, one needs to work especially hard to not come off as sounding high and mighty, and to also make it clear that you're only saying something because you care about this person and you're voicing your concerns out of genuine concern for their well-being.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Princessofwhatever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:00 pm
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar

the result is the same

think about it

but the way i see it

Plain and simple, I am not a follower of Islam because I do not believe it is from God. Therefore, as reformation of Christianity, it is incorrect in my eyes and not Truth. Christianity is complete and everlasting as far as i see it. Therefore it needs no reform. And it was not just a reform of Judaism. It was a fulfillment and completion of it and applies throughout all time on Earth. So if Christianity is complete, everlasting, and perfect, why would i believe something that had the goal of reforming it, especially when the one who started such reform is human and one who i believe was not inspired by God?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:05 pm
SinfulGuillotine
I think, in general, it's a good idea to try to bring to people's attention things that they do that may not be healthy for themselves or those around them, be it with religious matters of just matters of common decency. That being said, doing so requires a certain amount of skill to be effective. Nobody likes being corrected. Nobody likes hearing that they're doing something wrong. Thise are just things that people don't like to hear. So I think that when telling people things like this, one needs to work especially hard to not come off as sounding high and mighty, and to also make it clear that you're only saying something because you care about this person and you're voicing your concerns out of genuine concern for their well-being.
I agree with most of what you are saying. The only thing different in my opinion is that i think maybe some people want to be corrected. I for one do. But i do not go around with the assumption that other people want to be corrected because most don't. Therefore, as you say, i try to come off as someone who cares rather than someone who looks down on others (especially because no one is perfect and i am no better than anyone else), because that is truly where my intentions are coming from, caring. I would hope others would care enough to point out where im wrong and explain why im wrong if necessary.  

Princessofwhatever

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:10 pm
Princessofwhatever
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar

the result is the same

think about it

but the way i see it

Plain and simple, I am not a follower of Islam because I do not believe it is from God. Therefore, as reformation of Christianity, it is incorrect in my eyes and not Truth. Christianity is complete and everlasting as far as i see it. Therefore it needs no reform. And it was not just a reform of Judaism. It was a fulfillment and completion of it and applies throughout all time on Earth. So if Christianity is complete, everlasting, and perfect, why would i believe something that had the goal of reforming it, especially when the one who started such reform is human and one who i believe was not inspired by God?

your still missing the point

look at this from the perspective of apposing sides

take yourself on a little jihad, sit in the corner and think about it  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:36 pm
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar
Princessofwhatever
lordstar

but the way i see it

your still missing the point

look at this from the perspective of apposing sides

take yourself on a little jihad, sit in the corner and think about it
I think i know what you are talking about. I really do. But just because someone else thinks my ways are old and in need of change, doesnt mean im going to change them when the way im going suits me perfectly. And just because i see where someone is coming from doesnt mean i'll agree. What do you want me to say, that Islam IS what God wants us to follow as reformation to Christianity? If so then i won't state that as fact because i dont believe it. I can respect your beliefs, but they are not my own. If it seems that i am still missing the point, tell me what kind of response you want confused

By the way, i think we have kind of drifted off topic. At such a point, this discussion would probably be more appropriate through PM unless it is going to go directly back to the topic if the thread 3nodding

Princessofwhatever

agg_115

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:31 am
It's really all about how you correct the person. I firmly believe we should, but we must do it in love and respect to the other person.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:09 am
agg_115
It's really all about how you correct the person. I firmly believe we should, but we must do it in love and respect to the other person.
True 3nodding  

Princessofwhatever

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas