Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Who Should Rule? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which god should rule the world?
  Ouranos
  Kronos
  Zeus
  Athena
  Herakles
  Ares
View Results

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:40 am
Me of course. You humans would have war every day, the old - fashioned way! biggrin

Fighting for the rest of enternity, or untill you all drop dead - what's not to like?!

...I'm not really going to overthrow you Zeus, I was just saying. Would you PLEASE stop reading over my shoulder? stare  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:31 pm
Ares or Mars
Me of course. You humans would have war every day, the old - fashioned way! biggrin

Fighting for the rest of enternity, or untill you all drop dead - what's not to like?!

...I'm not really going to overthrow you Zeus, I was just saying. Would you PLEASE stop reading over my shoulder? stare

lulz lol

I was wondering why you where even in the poll honestly ninja  

Lenimph

0trera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:51 pm
LeNimph
Ares or Mars

lulz lol

How mean xd But I have to agree though even if he's like my favorite God ... Zeus does a fine job as is  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 pm
OURANOOOOOOOSSSSSS cuz he was the first one there was and wisdom comes with age mrgreen  

joshleal

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:30 pm
0trera
LeNimph
Ares or Mars

lulz lol

How mean xd But I have to agree though even if he's like my favorite God ... Zeus does a fine job as is

Zeus: Damn straight!

Ares: WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP USING MY LAPTOP?! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST USE YOUR OWN?! scream

Zeus: It's because you get riled up every time anyone does use it. *throws the laptop back*

Ares: ... stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 pm
Let me guess every time you manage to get it back from the twins someone else steals it to use?  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

eXteN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:00 am
Zeus should from the Gods I had to choose.To tell the truth the most powerful was Apollo so he should rule coz he is wise,too...
Here in Greece we call him Πολέμαρχος.The War Leader.He will save humanity and Greeks from the barbarians.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:43 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Let me guess every time you manage to get it back from the twins someone else steals it to use?

Apparently. Like they don't have their own computers. *grumbles* mad  

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

within love

Devout Grabber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 am
Athena should rule. Since she is wise, she more than likey wouldn't do anything wrong.
Example: If Ares ruled, there probably would be nothing but bloodshed all over the Earth and Mount Olympus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:09 pm
Kronos should definitely rule. After you look at it, Kronos is the only deity gutsy enough to get the job done. And of course after I help restore him to his former glory I'll have untold power when the Golden Age arives biggrin  

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100

Midnight Shadow Fae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:20 pm
Akherontis
Which Greek deity would you prefer to be ruling over the cosmos as King of the Gods? And why?

Ouranos...

Kronos...

Zeus...

Athena...

Herakles...

Ares...

Okay I think Ouranos and Kronos are out because lets face it, people didn't like their rule to begin with. I personally would choose Zues. However, if there was another take over lets think about this in terms of his legitimate marriage (i.e. The one with Hera) then Ares should be the heir being their first born son (and remember the Greeks were a patriarchal society). Athena is Zues' first born child full stop. She is the goddess of wisdom so technically she should be ablet o rule with a clear head for the betterment of humanity. Besides, isn't it about time a female ruled the world? Track record is showing people weren't happy with the previous male rulers why not let a strong woman take the lead. And on the count of Herakles that would never end well. The man was more brawn then brains with a hellish temper who spent half his time beating people into a pulp or killing them and the other half crying about it. Not exactly ruler material here people.

Anyway that's my two cents worth...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 pm
I think the twins would make decent rulers. After all they might not be on the list but between the two of them they might could work something out. Artemis would protect the girls and Apollo would protect the guys. Maybe depends on if they made a move on his twin then he might let Artemis kill them or he'll get rid of them himself.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Herry Rockabore

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:31 pm
Midnight Shadow Fae
Okay I think Ouranos and Kronos are out because lets face it, people didn't like their rule to begin with. I personally would choose Zues. However, if there was another take over lets think about this in terms of his legitimate marriage (i.e. The one with Hera) then Ares should be the heir being their first born son (and remember the Greeks were a patriarchal society). Athena is Zues' first born child full stop. She is the goddess of wisdom so technically she should be ablet o rule with a clear head for the betterment of humanity. Besides, isn't it about time a female ruled the world? Track record is showing people weren't happy with the previous male rulers why not let a strong woman take the lead. And on the count of Herakles that would never end well. The man was more brawn then brains with a hellish temper who spent half his time beating people into a pulp or killing them and the other half crying about it. Not exactly ruler material here people.

Anyway that's my two cents worth...

Yeah cause Athena was SO stable and without her own petty jealousy issues. rofl I just think she's WAY too much of a Little-Miss-Perfect which is why she threw such a hissy fit when Arachne bested her. I like her alright but I just wouldn't like to see her rule. Somebody wound so tight would be bound to crack under pressure.

And as far as tract records are conserned, people weren't at all displeased with Zeus as the King of the Gods.

Now Zeus has his own ways of relieving his stress, which envolves --as we all know- seducing mortal women. Now what's wrong with that? Zeus is happy, the woman is happy, we get a demigod who'll most likely do good things... Hera not so happy but ... she's Hera, nobody particularly cares because she's... rather pushy and er.. aw crap, I'll just say it she's downright bitchy.

And why do you say Heracles was without brains, he defeated the Hydra without anyone else giving him hints toward the monster's weakness; not to mention his labors showed discipline and courage. He takes care of his friends and -unlike any other demigod - he was made a god for his achievements. Well yes there was Dionysus, but he made wine and that's not exactly rocket science or monster slaying.

But I have got to say Rogue makes a very good point, the twins are enough of a win-win as far as justice and balance of priorities. Now granted, they're a little naughty too with that slaughter on Niobe's children (Honestly, where did that come from?! They never had bloodlust before then? Why kill a bunch of kids?) and Actaeon (I think Artemis felt bad to do it to the boy, but she felt that she had to so I don't count it as something unforgivable) and Orion (that was a sad story but Apollo didn't have completely self-centered intentions).

With the twins two for the price of one, Apollo is the god of music and patron of the arts he would make sure that people were happy and Artemis would make sure women got respected (no more using maidens) and she'd keep wildlife safe. Apollo would still make sure guys could have fun too.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:58 pm
Herakles had more of a see it kill it mentality. Some people are just naturals at killing or inflicting pain.

Dionysus was not mad a god for creating wine but for his journey to the Underworld and back to try and ressurect his mother. Not many people who went into the Underworld made it back to tell the tale.  

Midnight Shadow Fae

Herry Rockabore

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:03 am
Midnight Shadow Fae
Herakles had more of a see it kill it mentality. Some people are just naturals at killing or inflicting pain.

Dionysus was not mad a god for creating wine but for his journey to the Underworld and back to try and ressurect his mother. Not many people who went into the Underworld made it back to tell the tale.

I guess you're right that he kills a lot of stuff, I just think Heracles is more than just a 2-dimensional figure.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff