Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
The Big Three Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is your favorite of these gods?
  Zeus, King of the Gods
  Poseidon, Lord of the Seas
  Hades, Lord of the Dead
  I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!
View Results

Kenamarin_Shukai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:24 pm
whos your favorite of the Big Three???????

Zeus: Son of Kronos and Rhea, King of the Gods, husband of Hera, Leto and many other women (including mortals), god of eagles, lightning and the heavens.

Poseidon: Brother of Zeus, King of the Seas and Water, husband of Amphitrite, god of horses, water and the seas.

Hades: Brother of Zeus and Poseidon, husband of Persephone, Lord of the Underworld, god of the dead, wealth and jewelry.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:35 pm
Hades, by a long shot. Compared to the promiscuity and hypocrisy of his brothers, Hades is definitely my favorite. He's dark, foreboding, grim, but also just and fair. By contrast, Zeus and Poseidon have uncontrollable libidos and clear cases of egomania. Besides which, I have always preferred the Khthonian gods to the fickle, decadent Olympians.  

Akherontis
Captain

DNorth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:51 am
I am not as well read, but I second the above statement. Hades seems to run a tight ship according to descriptions of his realm that have been given. Some of his punishments are also just and appropriate (Though a little harsh. Tantalus is a good example.)
Zeus just seems to think with the wrong head most of the time and reminds me of a fickle child.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:06 pm
Totally agree, although I know little of the king of the sea. (Can't spell...)
I never liked Zeus, though.

Aravilui Tiranistion

Beloved Hunter

chaoschakra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:26 am
To me, Hades runs a close second to Poseidon. For one, he's the god of the underworld. I'm not a dark type of person. Two, sailors actually prayed to him for calm seas, He even created islands. sure he creates earthquaks and such but only when angerd. Everyones allowed a little temper right?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'd have to agree with the majority and say Hades. Zeus messes around too much and Poseidon, I just don't care for that temper.

Mizz Faith

Revered Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200

leahcim22

6,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:06 pm
Poseidon god of seas and storms creator of horses which he made to go along with Athena's chariots the only known account on when they worked together. Is definably the best choice. Control of the seas with his weapon often pictured as a trident. Hades is evil and there have been accounts of him hating his job as ruler of the under world Zeus does sleep around a lot though. Poseidon def my choice  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 pm
You know, Hades is not evil, any more than Zeus is. Just because he rules the Underworld, everyone seems to think he is evil, when that's jsut a job that he took unwillingly.  

Aravilui Tiranistion

Beloved Hunter

dragon_man1357

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:30 pm
Mine would have to be posiedon because he has such power like to create earthquakes, tsunami's, and whirl pools but hades would definatly be second because he has his symbol of power the dark helm which allows him to become darkness  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:32 pm
lol............... i'm sorry but i just looked at your avi when you said you liked posiedon and started laughing  

chaoschakra

dragon_man1357

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:26 am
not many people like zeus  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:47 pm
of course I have to say Hades. His brothers are just too egotistical and play around all day while Hades keeps souls in check.

well, okay, he does pop up and steal a flower picking goddess, but in some accounts of the myth, Zeus gave him permission to take Persephone. rolleyes
atleat thats what my mythology teacher said.  

-0_Persephone_0-

Lenimph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:21 pm
My favorite is Zeus... becuase he's a man whore. No but really I've thought he made some very good decisions when he had to. Most of the time he's laid back but he keep things in control when he has to with his physical power.

Hades kidnaps people. And Poseidon like to play with bath toys. (just joking)

I like Zeus best though but i cant stand it when people put him down becuase he has sex with women, and so many.. well if you remeber gods live FOREVER so it VERY POSSIBLE to be with THAT MANY WOMEN IN A INFINANTE amout of time. Also Hera is umm... how can I say... grudgeful. So I could imagine him not getting any from her and going somewhere else for it.

Oh and in most stories Hades is shoot by Ero's arrow by order of Aphrodite and he see's persephone and kidnaps her and Zeus made the decision for the half in the under world and half at mount olympus thing. So in a way he did let hades have her but for half a year.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:57 pm
Akherontis
Hades, by a long shot. Compared to the promiscuity and hypocrisy of his brothers, Hades is definitely my favorite. He's dark, foreboding, grim, but also just and fair. By contrast, Zeus and Poseidon have uncontrollable libidos and clear cases of egomania. Besides which, I have always preferred the Khthonian gods to the fickle, decadent Olympians.

I concur.  

Miss Jazzy K

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:23 pm
I can't decide. Well, one, I actually think Zeus is awesome, but Hades deserves some credit. He got stuck with the underworld, but he's actually very sentimental. Just lonely.
And Poseidon.. well, I can't swim.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces