Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Marrow Of Life

Back to Guilds

A place where imaginations roam about together - and destroy a few cities while they're at it. 

Tags: Roleplay, Imagination, Expression 

Reply [Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads
TRAINING ROOM - New RP, Strange Days, pg. 4 (OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free gold while you RP?
  Why, thank you, good ser!
View Results

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 pm
Rhevvan Chardos? That old geezer? Yeah dude, I guess I could take him off the shelf. I actually do miss RP'ing with him. ^_^

And yeah, no Destati. Ever. It's pretty much impossible not to godmode with him. As was demonstrated a few years ago. Remember that? XDDD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 pm
Noted. Now then, to planning! Muwahahahaha!!!  

Izzy Talliessin

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:51 pm
Oh yes, one other question: did you ever end up doing anything with that world of yours? The one that starts with an S?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm
...Hm... I've created countless worlds in my time, but I can't remember any of them starting with the letter S. I'm sure some of them had S in them, though. Let's see...

Altan
Rova
Uisce
Valencia
Melody Island
Harmony's Sanctuary (Paradise City + Zodiac City)

...Is it that one? That's tied to the Nevermore family, so I think it's safe to say I've done plenty with it. XP  

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm
No, it's that one we were RP'ing on that one time. You used Rhev? Something about an explosion or something?

Oh well, doesn't matter, I've got one.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 pm
New RP Info

Strange Days

This (practice) RP takes place in the kingdom of Treanne, which consists of a castle city in the center, and several small towns and villages scattered around the fields, forests, and desert wasteland. The kingdom is cut off from the rest of the world by an ocean on the West border, and mountains all around the other sides. I won't specify on every detail of the land, because we're free to create and destroy as we see fit. I will say that we'll be starting in the small town of Kelly, which is about five miles Southeast of the Castle City Treanne.

This kingdom is ruled by a cruel King who has abused all the people of the land, taxing them right out of their homes in some cases, and creating the most ridiculous laws you could ever imagine. For the common people of Treanne, life is harsh and uncomfortable at best. Everyone tries their best to get ahead by any means, and no one trusts anyone else. The crime rate is incredibly high, although this is seen as a regular thing in this age.

There's pretty much free reign in this RP.... You can do what you want, as long as it's not too ridiculous or breaks the setting (for example, people are mostly afraid of the ocean, and there are hardly any boats - no ships whatsoever - so setting out to sea would be impossible. Crossing the mountains is also impossible, unless you want to go on a hiking trip for about two or three years, because that's how long it would take to cross them... if you're not killed by wild beasts in the process.) But other than that, the world is yours!

What will you do with it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Races:
You can be pretty much anything, as long as it is a mortal (is not a god/demon/celestial being/etc., doesn't live forever, actually looks its age, can be killed), and fits within the rules of the world. You cannot be a billion-year-old Ice Titan or some s**t. You also cannot be a Saiyan or anything completely-over-the-top like that. This RP is set within a small country blocked off on all sides by Nature herself. I'm not going to allow something whose every attack lays waste to or dramatically changes the terrain. It's just not gonna happen.

Weapons:
Everyone is allowed two weapons: One melee, such as swords and axes, and one long-range, such as bows or guns. As for which kinds of weapons are allowed... pretty much all of them. And by all of them, I mean all of them. If you decide that you want a Mega Buster from Megaman, then who am I to tell you that you can't have it? Bear in mind though, that it's not going to be as powerful as it is in the games, for the sake of making everything fair to everyone. If you decide that you want a lightsaber from Star Wars, well dammit, you have a lightsaber! But it's not going to be able to slice off people's appendages and stab/slash/break through walls and doors and s**t like in the movies. Always remember: the rules of this world will always override the rules of whatever weapon you bring in.

Armor Types:
(from weakest to strongest)
Clothes - light and comfortable, low defense, cheap
Iron - heavy and uncomfortable, decent defense, cheap
Bronze - medium weight and comfort, good defense, fairly cheap
Steel - light and medium comfort, great defense, a bit expensive

(these armor types are off-limits when first starting, and can only be gained later in the RP, except for bosses)
Gold - very heavy and uncomfortable, excellent defense, very expensive
Mythril - extremely light and comfortable, amazing defense, extremely expensive
Dragon Scale - light and comfortable, extreme defense, horribly expensive
(these are off-limits when first starting, even for Bosses)
Adamantite - heavy and uncomfortable, tremendous defense, cannot be bought
Divine - medium weight and comfort, ultimate defense, cannot be bought

Spells

Level 1: (These are the only ones available when starting out, except for Bosses)
Fireball - Fire, Attack - throws a fireball at the enemy
Drench - Water, Support - throws ball of healing water at an ally
Rise - Earth, Support - raises a wall of earth in front of the caster as a shield
Shear - Air, Attack - cuts enemy with the air
Sweep - Non-Element, Attack - slightly damages all enemies with small explosions

Level 2:
Toast - Fire, Attack/Status - shoots line of fire, with a lasting burn effect.
Iceball - Water, Attack - throws iceball at the enemy
Quicken - Earth, Attack - cuts enemy with leaves and flower petals
Shock - Air, Attack - throws a lightning bolt at the enemy
Antigravity - Non-Element, Support - allows target to jump extraordinarily high; landing is slowed down greatly

Level 3:
Burst - Fire, Attack - creates a fire explosion
Freeze - Water, Status - encases enemy in a block of ice
Cast - Earth, Status - petrifies an enemy
Storm - Air, Attack/Status - surrounds enemy with wind and lightning attacks, paralyzing at the end of the combo
Supersonic - Non-Element, Support - allows target to run extraordinarily fast  

Izzy Talliessin

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm
Reserved for future stuff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:32 pm
Characters

List of characters will go here...

This is the code for your profiles. Just copypasta, fill it out, and post it in the Application Thread (which WILL be created at some point), and bam! you're in. I'll let you know if you need to change anything, but there's a very low likelihood of that happening. Like, as low as the likelihood of a flying spaghetti monster.

[b]RP Character[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Gang:[/b] (Whatever gang you're in... for instance, the Mushroom Gang is the ruling gang in Kelly. This is optional.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b] (This will decide which types of spells you will be given more power with; for instance, if your Element is Water, then spells dealing with water and ice will be your specialty... you can still have spells of other elements, though they'll have normal power for you. If you choose not to have an element, your specialty wiil be Non-Elemental spells)
[b]Weapons:[/b] (Everyone is allowed ONE melee weapon, and ONE long-range weapon. However, two small weapons, such as knives or gloves, count as one)
[b]Armor:[/b] (See list for types of Armor)
[b]Spells:[/b] (See spell list in info post for choices. Everyone {except Bosses} has to start with level-1 spells, and can have no more than 3.)
[list][*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Abilities:[/b] (This is for abilities that aren't spells. You can make your own up; HOWEVER, keep in mind that I reserve the power to postpone your app's approval if you have anything too outrageous.)
[list][*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Personality:[/b] (You don't have to go into extreme detail; a summary will do.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Again, extreme detail isn't required. Just a short summary, or a picture, will suffice.)

Izzy Talliessin

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 pm
The Training RP is officially OPEN.
Post your app in the app thread. Once it is approved, you may post it right here in this thread. Have fun~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:42 pm
Noys slid down the hill, jamming on her guitar all the while. Sure, it was the middle of the night, but she didn't care. She loved doing this. And since the hill was just on the outskirts of town, she never worried about waking up people.
She landed at the bottom, giving one final stroke on her guitar, before pumping a fist in the air. "Oh yeah!" she shouted across the valley. Her voice echoed throughout the small region. Noys turned to look up at the hill, then back down at her guitar. She twisted a small knob up by the nut, which lay at the top of the neck of the instrument, and soon, her Bass Boom technique was fired up. She rushed to the top of the hill again, which was a bit of a hike, but she had climbed it so many times tonight, she didn't feel any strain on her legs anymore. This was her way of relieving stress and at the same time improving her skill.
Taking in a slight breath, she took a run, sliding down the hill again and jamming away, her notes reverberating throughout the mountains. This was her retreat, and she would never give it up.

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:47 pm
RP Character

Name: Wyath
Alias: Wyy (pronounced as WHY)
Gang: Mushroom Gang
Race: Human
Hometown: Kelly
Element: Water
Weapons:
Nightrain - A black and dark blue chainsword; close-to-mid range weapon. It appears as a simple slim sword, but can detach into links and be used like a chain or whip, then return to normal.
Fire Flower - A weapon/item which allows him to throw fireballs without using a spell. (From Super Mario Bros.)
Armor: Bronze plate armor, painted dark blue with black accents.
Spells:
  • Drench
  • Shear
  • Sweep

Abilities:
  • Brick Breaker - Support ability, allows him to break through bricks with his fists. (think Mario)

Personality: Wyath is a cool and collected sort of individual; he carries out missions and jobs from his gang with (usually) no problems, and is never quick to let anger ruin his mindset or blind his judgement. He has a code of morals and honor to which he strictly adheres, which is surprising, in this place and age.
Appearance: Wyath stands at approximately 5'11", with platinum blonde hair, and light blue eyes. His skin is lightly tanned from working in the sun. He usually wears brown and blue cotton clothes under his armor, to try to keep it from burning his skin, as a suit of armor can become like an oven in the hot sun.

((I approve myself because I say so! XDDD))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 pm
[ Wyath : Fields ]

The young man bit a chunk off of a cinnamon stick as he watched the girl romping through the fields. Yep, she was definitely the target. There was another Mushroom Gang member waiting far behind, just in case he needed backup. He hardly ever needed backup. But this was a special case. He knew that if he got too close, her powers would affect him, and he wouldn't be able to properly defend himself. But that was what he had his throwing arm for.

Using the power of the Fire Flower hidden within his clothes, his armor turned from blue and black to white and red as he went into combat mode. A fireball quickly popped into the palm of his hand out of nowhere, about twice the size of a baseball. After a short moment of calculating the girl's running path, and where he would have to throw to make her run right into his volley, he reared his arm back and threw the fireball, pitching it like a baseball pitcher.  

Izzy Talliessin

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:37 pm
Noys saw a flicker of light, and whipping her head around, caught sight of a fireball heading for her, or rather, her path. Skidding and rolling down the hill a bit, she watched it sear the grass, slowly spreading. Was someone after her? At this time of night? She couldn't blame them if they were night owls, since she was one herself, but they had an intent to harm. Fire, eh? she gave a smirk, walking towards the fire, but stopping mere inches from it. She moved her guitar to rest on her back, held in place by the strap, before holding a hand out over the flames. They seemed to be absorbed somehow, creating a miniature fireball. "Why create another when I can use this?" being of the fire element, she was never affected by its dangerous effects. Never had she been burned, scalded, or had wounds of any kind from fire.
Turning her head, she tried to get her bearings of where the tosser was. When she had pinpointed where she thought the culprit was, she tossed the fireball back, before yelling, "Whoever you are, you're fighting fire with fire! It's a stalemate buddy!"  
[Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff