Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:59 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php/?t=24607555&page=last  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 pm
Dear Journal,

Hey! Adri and I found an egg in the woods this afternoon, and I brought it home. I've decided to take care of it, at least until it hatches. I'm hoping it's a really small pokemon or something, not a tropius. But it'd be really funny if it was, because the egg's pretty small. It'd be the smallest one of it's kind! At least, until it grew up. I don't want to keep it longer than that, really, I have no idea how to take care of a baby. And though I didn't tell Adri, I don't even know what other pokemon eat.

I know what Connie and I eat, and what Eliot and Mei like, but we're a pretty limited group, and I know not all pokemon are the same. Some eat meat, some eat veggies, and some might eat other pokemon! I hope this egg isn't one of those types. It'd eat all of us. Hopefully it's the type that likes berries, salads and the occasional cookie.

We don't really have the room for another pokemon, especially not one who will grow into a kid like the rest of us did. When Connie and I caught him, I didn't expect him to find a star. But now, if I ever meet a pokemon, I'm just going to assume they will find a star. It's always possible for them to find one. I think the jirachi that's putting the stars out for pokemon might take a bit more care with who finds the stars. Some pokemon might prefer just to remain pokemon! Forever. And that's okay. There'd be a lot more room in houses, if some pokemon just stayed pokemon.

Pokemon need to eat less than people do, too. At least if they're smaller than people. Snorlax, I've heard, can eat a whole forest worth of food in one sitting, and then they sleep for a week! To each his own, right? But I think that would be a pretty lonely life. They would never make any friends, if all they ever did was wake up to eat and then go back to sleep.

No worries, journal. I'm sure snorlax eggs are much larger than the egg I found. And it'd definitely be much heavier than this one. I can pick this one up easily in one hand. And it's kind of greenish. So maybe it's an oddish or something small. A caterpie, maybe. I don't know, I could go through all the smallish green pokemon there are, and maybe still never guess it. Maybe it's a pokemon that hasn't been discovered yet. Maybe I'll have to take the egg to Uncle Grayson, and then he can see. He knows a lot about pokemon, maybe he'd like to study the egg! I bet he could find out what sort it was just by looking at it! He's the best scientist ever, I know he could. I think I will take the egg there. Maybe he'll know what it eats, and how to take care of it.

I hope it eats something cheap, and easy to find. I don't let anyone know that I know, but I know we don't have much money. That's why I want to work as soon as I can. I act like I don't notice, so no one will worry, but I know if we added another to our group, someone would be going hungry. And that'd be my fault. I'm going to earn money and make sure people are happy, and help Connie as much as I can. I want to get us a bigger house, where he can have a bed instead of the couch, and his own room, where he can relax! And I want a place where we can all be together and watch movies sometimes, maybe play a board game.

But we don't need any of that stuff to be happy, really. It'st just stuff. We don't need it; but it'd make things easier for all of us. We'd have our own space, and we could do whatever we wanted with it. And maybe there'd be a little extra to take Connie to the carnival or somewhere fun, and show him all about things, because I think he needs to do more than work. The weekends are the only time he gets off, and I think he needs more fun things to fill up that time. Work's probably stressful, and I know taking care of us is probably stressful too. I want to take care of him, and make sure he's okay, and make sure things don't get too hard. If they do get hard, I want him to know I can help.

You know why, journal? Because just having this egg is stressful. I know how Connie must have felt when he brought me home. Overwhelmed. And maybe even a little scared. Because I'm out of my league here, I'm just a kid. And I've got this egg I have no idea how to take care of. I hope keeping it warm's good enough. I'm not sitting on it. It doesn't really do anything, it kind of wiggles at times, but I don't think it's close to hatching.

And journal? Remind me to ask Connie to ride on the merry go round with me.

- Brenny  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:51 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24611885  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:57 pm
Friends' list updated, reserving this post for a solo! <3  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:21 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24619469#370618187

Valentines' day dance  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:45 pm
MoogerMint
MoogerMint
With another quick sweep of the area to determine that he was still currently by himself, the antsy yanma dug curiously through some of Theo's belongings while the hoothoot was still out. Most of the stuff seemed normal enough for survival, of course, but Dart did not have an abundance of knowledge where pricier things might have been concerned. It didn't take the boy long before he fished an item out from between some folds of fabric, the weighted end of a handle tipping the object forward and nearly out of his hand as he pulled it loose.

As though someone may have been turning the corner to spot him just then, he took off for the roof's edge before turning to look back, once more making sure that he was all alone. After a second of vigilance, his sights turned back to the heavy flashlight in his hand, observing and attempting to figure out what it did. He'd not seen one before, at least in use, on the streets of a busy town such as this -- after all, there was no real need unless a person was outside of town. Turning it around, he spotted the bulb enclosed behind some heavy-duty glass and tapped at it. Nothing. Turning it back around, he shook it a little, then tried swatting at the sides of it. Was it broken? He'd never really had much experience with electrical items before.

With one last bump at the side, his palm found the switch and managed to slide it up. Suddenly, when Dart had just about given up in boredom, the light blinked on. Startled, he pulled himself back, his eyes snapping shut and hands releasing the flashlight as though he had just picked up a snake. He rubbed at an eye a little, but even then, he realized what he had accidentally done. The boy peered over the edge, hesitantly trying to locate where it had fallen onto the sidewalk below. Luckily there hadn't been too many people milling about right now, but that was only a chance in itself. He didn't want to have unintentionally knocked out a bystander!

Thaliawen
One of the people who were on the sidewalk, was Brenny. He watched the flashlight fall from the sky, perplexed. He'd heard of falling stars, he'd heard about raining cats and dogs, but raining flashlights? Huh. He looked up at the sky. It wasn't particularly cloudy. Nor where there flashlights falling from the sky at random. Did that mean some sky being had dropped it? An alien perhaps? Arceus, maybe? A pokemon no one had ever seen before? Or was it something more simple than that? Maybe it was someone on the roof, someone who needed their flashlights! Brenny moved to pick it up, quickly returning his gaze to the sky. "Hey! You dropped this!"

MoogerMint
The streets still looked fairly deserted, but the flashlight still managed to find one of the few people that was currently walking the sidewalks. Figured. At least it didn't seem to actually make contact, which allowed Dart a sigh of relief. Hopefully he hadn't damaged the thing, though. It looked pretty durable, but he knew that looks could be deceiving, even if he didn't always acknowledge this fact.

"Yeah!" he called down to the strange, green-haired kid below, waving a hand a bit, "Yeah, sorry about that! I'll be right down!" Taking a quick count of how everything was placed at the alley, he jumped over the edge and grabbed onto the side of the drainage pipe. This building in particular wasn't too high, and he had done similar many a time before, so didn't think twice of it. Sliding down a ways, the boy redirected his momentum onto the top of a trash can, which has unfortunately been emptier than he thought it would be. His feet rolled off the edge of the lid to land flat on the ground, but he knocked the bin over as well in his haste. The yanma cringed slightly as it clattered to the floor, the lid escaping a few feet. Turning back, he snickered, "Heh, whoops, didn't mean to do that. Anyway, thanks!" He grinned and held out a hand expectantly for the flashlight.

Thaliawen
Brenny handed the other boy the flashlight, staring. This boy reminded him of Arashi in a way. Disregard for rules? Check. He was almost impressed. Not almost. He was impressed. He'd never seen a stunt like that before. "Are you okay?" he asked, curiously. Upon seeing that Dart was in fact, fine, he added, "That was awesome! Almost like flying!" Brenny remembered flying with fondness, one of the few things that had been good before he'd met Connie. "So. Why are you out at this hour?" He asked, curiously. When he chose to travel through time, to this specific time of the night, things were usually quiet. "I'm Brenny," he introduced himself. "Can you teach me to do that?"

MoogerMint
Dart blinked a bit at the question, his grip on the retrieved flashlight tightening as he worried about what direction this conversation might go in. Glancing back at the trash can for a fraction of a second, he jabbed a thumb at it, "I'm fine, it's the can that didn't do so well." He flinched slightly, however, when Brenny took toward a different direction with his excited chatter. It was... unexpected, to say the least, but not unwelcome, not at all. For once, he felt he was justified in feeling proud of what he could do. He twitched his own wings in reaction and gave a quick nod, "It is like flying! When I do stuff like that, I feel like I could almost fly again." It was at that point that Dart saw the small wings at the other boy's back, and realized he was speaking from experience as well, "You used to be able to fly, too?"

As he deliberated, Dart busied himself by righting the trash can again, leaning it against the wall and placing the lid back on top with considerably less noise than previous. "Huh?" the yanma looked confused a moment, glancing back up to the roof from which he just jumped to indicate it, "I'm always out here, why wouldn't I be out?" Oh wait. Pokemon could have trainers, did this kid still have one, even after his transformation? Brenny was obviously a pokemon, but of what kind, Dart didn't really have a clue. Hazarding the guess, he returned the sentiment, "Why? What are you doing out here?" Well now he was just curious. Dusting his hands off on his pants, the yanma grinned, "Hi Brenny, I'm Dart. I... might be able to help you, but you're going to really have to want to give it a try." Theo didn't seem like he really was up to doing the same things, which was fine, but Brenny was going to have to be more eager to do things he might find scary!

Thaliawen
"Yeah, I used to be able to fly. All the time. I had never walked before I transformed. It was hard!" Believing his legs had the strength to hold him up had been difficult. That had been half the trouble, really. That and gaining confidence with them. "So you flew, too?" he asked, studying Dart for the first time. It was harder to see in the dark, he was beginning to realize. He was straining to see past his own nose.

"Always out?" Brenny asked, wide eyed. He was somewhat envious and somewhat concerned. Did that mean this boy didn't have a home? Or someone that cared enough to put a curfew up? "I don't know yet. I was going through hours of the day and decided on this one. In the other time I've only just had lunch, but in this one I've just met you!" And what a pleasant meeting it was. He was sure they would end up being friends. "Hi Dart. Really?" the celebi was delighted. "I do! I want to try!"

MoogerMint
Dart had to agree with Brenny -- when it came to getting used to legs being the only mode of transportation, it was a little more difficult than normal for one that mainly used similar limbs to stand still. The yanma probably had a better time with it than the celebi, as active as he was, but it was definitely a relatible problem. "Hah, yeah, that was really kind of weird. Woulda preferred the wings to get around. I'm working up to it; it's just taking a bit of time to build up the strength," Dart responded, answering the question with a fluttering of his own wings, "I can hover for a bit, at least. Yours look a little small to be able to do that much, though." The addendum was attached with a slight wince; maybe he should have played that part a little more tactfully...

The boy gave a sharp nod, grinning, "Ain't no person that can capture this pokémon!" He was rather proud of that fact -- as a shiny, the odds of still being wild after so long were generally pretty low. However, Brenny's reply as to why he had been out on the streets at this time of night had the yanma perplexed, "What... are you talking about?" Going through hours of the day? "So... you were bored?" Seemed a weird way of wording it, though. Oh well. With a smile, Dart waved the other boy over and started walking to the alleyway on the other side of the building, where a fire escape was actually visible. It would be a good way of testing how sure Brenny was about things, after all. "Here, come on up with me, I can show you. Kind of dark, though, so be careful," he instructed, swatting at the flashlight some more. Now that it was on, how was he supposed to turn it off? At least it still worked... maybe Theo would never have to find out.

Thaliawen
Luckily for Dart, Brenny seemed to take this in stride. "Yeah, they've always been small. Nut back when I was a pokemon, I was small too." He would have preferred to fly too, as he had used to, zipping through the trees. It had been much easier to get around back then. "I hope they grow when I do." He made a face. But then, would he have liked to be caught and taken away from Connie? "I don't think we can get caught this way. I thought about letting someone throw a pokeball at me just to see. A regular old ball couldn't catch me anyway, I'm a legendary!" Ah, there was a fun question! One Brenny loved to answer. "I went through time," he explained. "I was bored when I was so I came to this time. It was raining and there was nothing to do! My brother keeps being all secretive and wouldn't play with me. And Connie was at work. So I came to this time and I'm glad I did! I found you!" He followed Dart, glancing up at the fire escape. "Alright," he agreed. He was no stranger to heights. He'd been in trees taller than this!

MoogerMint
Ahh, so Brenny had been a small pokémon, in order to match the diminutive wings he sported, that made more sense. Not everyone kept their wingspan once they grew, it seemed -- in fact, it appeared to be rather unusual for their set to remain in equal proportion. Maybe Dart had merely lucked out there, especially considering how positive he was about being able to fly again, with a little practice and endurance training. "Yeah I didn't think we could get caught in pokéballs anymore," he agreed, fidgeting with a sleeve for a brief moment, "but when we look like we're human, there are other ways people can catch you." Theo had even mentioned as much when they first met!

As Brenny explained himself and his abilities, Dart frowned slightly, trying to imagine what that would be like. How weird! "Legendary? So then you control time or something?" the boy asked, hooking his fingers onto the bottom part of the ladder and pulling it down for the both of them to ascend to the roof on the building next to the one he had jumped from prior. Climbing a few steps, he paused and looked down, waving the other boy up, "Watch your step and don't hit your toes, it can hurt." Granted, Dart was also used to walking barefoot, and had no bumper of a sole.

Thaliawen
"I've heard about that," Brenny said, frowning slightly. Arashi had mentioned it in passing. Or had it been Trace? He couldn't remember. While he was sure most humans were nice and only meant to help, he'd seen first handedly what humans could do. Cause destruction of a forest. Cause weather Gods to awaken (and angrily). Hurt people. "There's nice humans," he said. "Bad ones too. Just make sure you avoid the bad ones. I think you'll be okay." He paused at Dart's question. How should he answer? The honest answer was no, he didn't control time. He only used it to travel from when to when. He wanted to impress Dart, though! "I suppose so. Maybe we can go some when, sometime!" He followed Dart up the ladder as he was indicated to do, then said, "I bet you can see everything from up here."

MoogerMint
Instead of being deterred, Dart's grin turned puckish, "There's no reason to worry. Good or bad, they won't catch me. They haven't even come close!" However, he considered the comment for a moment, and offered a nod in return, "Yeah, they're not all bad. I can't always tell the difference, and they all seem to get angry easy when I'm playing around. Even the good ones. I just try to stay away from all of 'em." Not that that was a bad thing, for he felt like the entire town was one big jungle gym, and he was the only one that could see it for what it was. In the end, the humans became obstacles themselves, ever changing and providing for new challenges.

"Wow, that's really neat!" the yanma gaped. He couldn't even imagine what it would be like to hold that much power. In fact, it would have been quite intimidating, had it not been for Brenny's small size. "That'd be neat, I wonder what this place was like in the past?" He probably wouldn't even know what to do if he were to travel back and forth in time, but such consequences didn't seem to enter his mind as he hopped to the top landing on the fire escape. Waiting for Brenny to catch up, Dart responded excitedly, "Yeah, you can! You can see everywhere, and people don't even usually notice when you're up this high. It's pretty neat!" Of course, this was the norm for the boy. Rattling the handle to the door, he paused again, "We should probably go in this way, just 'cause it's dark. Usually I hop up around this way," he jabbed a finger up to the roof's edge, "but you can't really see how to do it right now." After giving the explanation, he slowly opened the unlocked door, "Be quiet when we're in here, we don't want people to know we're here." A bit like 'the floor is lava,' for Dart wasn't even sure the building was even occupied, but that was beside the matter.

Thaliawen
"People get angry with me too," Brenny said, thinking of Arashi. Sometimes it was hard to understand others. "I couldn't ever tell, either," he admitted. "I used to think everyone was good, that everyone was nice and everyone could be my friend. Then I saw people doing something horrible." He'd realized his error quickly. People weren't nice. Not all of them. A lot of them were, but not all of them. He grinned. Dart seemed impressed! Good! "I don't know, I've never gone back in time to see what town was like. It'd be an adventure for both of us!" He beamed. Maybe he'd finally found a friend to go on adventures with! He climbed further up the ladder, delighted with the promised view. He stepped off of the ladder and onto the top landing of the fire escape. "If you're around during the day time, we can try again," Brenny suggested. "Okay. I'll be quiet."

MoogerMint
Dart could tell by the tone of Brenny's voice that he was a little upset, or perhaps troubled, by the fact that some people did not act very friendly. It was obvious to the yanma that Brenny was an inherently nice person, from how open he was to his mannerisms in speech. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it seemed like it would have been an arduous task of keeping that demeanor going all the time like that. He gave a bit of a laugh, pausing to make sure the other kid was keeping up, physically and mentally both, "Yeah, but you know, sometimes it's fun to make people angry, too. You can see a whole big range from people that way, and sometimes it's pretty funny. Some people do some weird things." Not to mention the attention was a big draw for his actions, but that was beside the point.

Considering the young celebi had never seen the past version of the city before, it seemed as though it would make for an excellent adventure. Dart could hardly conceive of the mayhem they could cause, but the idea sounded incredibly appealing. He could make a mark on the town before he was even born! "Great, well maybe we could see it together sometime soon then!" he suggested eagerly. The door's hinges were a little squeaky, but nothing that couldn't be muffled with a slower pace. His response came hushed as he motioned Brenny inside and pointed to the small staircase leading to the roof on the other side of the hall, "Yeah, in the daytime you could try it, too, but it's too dangerous now." Brenny couldn't see what needed to be done in the dark! Not that climbing up over the edge of the roof was necessarily safe... Dart's pace quickened as soon as the door latched shut behind him, opening the final door to the roof as a light breeze blew past. "It's good you're not afraid of heights, or I'd have warned about that," he pointed out, as the roof to this particular building was a little on the small side, "It shouldn't be too windy, though."

Thaliawen
Fun to make people angry? Brenny blinked at the concept. He was always happy to make people smile, but making them angry? He couldn't imagine that. Especially not someone like Arashi, who seemed to always be angry, or someone special like Connie. "I think it's more fun to see people happy," he said. "There's a whole range. People can act kind of crazy if they're happy enough. And they'll do things they wouldn't if they were less happy. One time I got a scientist to play tag! He was reluctant at first, but he had fun! I like when people play." Brenny grinned, nodding. "Yeah! Whenever you want! Maybe tomorrow! We could go any time!" He followed Dart through the door. "You can show me tomorrow, too. When it's bright." He glanced over the ledge, then looked up at Dart. "No," he said, "I like heights. I can see further up here"

MoogerMint
Dart shrugged at Brenny's overly long exposition as to why he liked to make people happy, taking note that he hadn't just been an inherently nice person, but that he was just about drowning in it. "Yeah, but you can also get that with people you make angry, too," he pointed out, "They do things they wouldn't normally when they were happy. I mean, there are some people that are still nice, even when they're angry, and then there are people that will explode at the smallest things." He laughed a bit at that last thought. "It's easy to be friendly with someone, but it's not so easy to upset a person. Sometimes it's a challenge, and sometimes I make a game out of that," he explained -- the blow-up was its own reward. Then again, Dart had not interacted with many people on a person-to-person level, so being a loner appealed to him more, in cases like that. Theo was an exception.

He moved to stand against the vent of the building below his feet, taking note that the older hoothoot was still not back yet, as far as he could see. Then, he looked up at the dark sky above, "Not sure, I might want to sleep in tomorrow, it's gotten late." He considered a moment, then quickly added, "But definitely soon! I'll run it by Theo, he might want to join us. If that's alright."

Thaliawen
It happened with angry people too? Huh. He supposed it would have to. Arashi tended to be always angry, and well, he'd never seen Connie angry. He didn't think he ever wanted to. The idea of that happening made him frown. "Okay but no one I know," he said. He was curious to see the range between people: He was sure Arashi was one of those types that exploded at the smallest things. Or was there an in between somewhere? "I don't think it's easy," he protested. Some people made it difficult to be friendly towards them. Some people made him want to stay away. Some people were annoying. No, getting along with everyone wasn't easy. Making everyone happy was a task in itself. An impossible one. Some people just liked to be angry. Which made them happy. In some strange sort of way.

Theo appeared through the door, grimacing. Dinner had been difficult to get, especially at this time of night. He would have to keep that in mind later, to shop earlier in the day. "Hey Dart," he greeted. "Not a good haul today. The deli was closed so I couldn't snag us something hot, and people were lurking in every aisle." He noticed Brenny, going stiff for a moment. He fell silent. "You brought a friend."

MoogerMint
Dart blinked a bit at Brenny's request not to test the waters with anyone the celebi knew. He hadn't really... considered the off-chance that he might know the person -- Dart didn't really know very many people, considering the height to which he tended to stay and the havoc he would cause when closer to ground. "Um, sure, but... you're going to have to tell me if it's a person you know," he agreed, oblivious how intricate Brenny's social network was. With a light snicker, Dart nodded his head, relenting, "Okay, so I suppose some people are easier to anger, and some are easier to get along with. I could see that." Not that he was really the type of person to go out of his way to make someone else happy, but in a backwards sort of logic, he figured it made sense.

He flinched at the sound of Theo's voice as he emerged from the doorway, momentarily having forgotten that he was supposed to be keeping watch for the teenager. He was quick to hop fully on his feet again. hiding the flashlight behind himself as he inspected the hoothoot. "I was afraid of that," the boy commented, "At least you gave it a shot!" It was no wonder Theo had taken so long, if that had been the case. Turning his head toward Brenny, he was quick to introduce, "That's Brenny. I ran into him when I..." He shrugged the rest of the sentence off as he cleared his throat a bit, "Well anyway -- Brenny, this is Theo. He hangs out with me a lot." He backed up half a step, as though they needed to be able to see one another when he calmly reassured, "Don't worry. He's cool." Dart was vague enough that the words could have been directed at either party.

Thaliawen
"I got us some chips and stuff though," Theo said, offering Dart a bag. "Er. I don't know why they're called chips. They're cruncy bits of potato but they don't taste like potato!" He hesitated, following Dart's gaze as he introduced them. "Hi Brenny," he said. The kid seemed harmless: not like some of the others he'd seen on the streets. This boy didn't seem to belong: was he a runaway? Why was he out so late?

"Hi Theo," Brenny responded. Huh. The hoothoot seemed to be in awe of the food he'd pilfered, to his amusement. "Tomorrow we should play," he invited the two. "We could see the ice cream man! We can get ice cream together and play at the park. Unless you'll be sleeping."

MoogerMint
Curiously, Dart took the offered potato chips. He'd seen people eat them before, but for some reason, he'd never quite gotten the opportunity to try them himself. "Thanks!" he chirped, smiling, "Good to know it wasn't a total lost cause; I'm glad!" The fact that Theo was a little unsure about Brenny wasn't missed, but it was more or less shrugged off. It wasn't out of the question for Brenny to have to prove himself a bit, but Dart didn't really expect the celebi to have to put forth too much effort for that. After all, it was easy enough for Dart to get along with the other kid! "Whaddaya say, Theo? Want to see what we all can do tomorrow?" he verbally nudged. He was sure that there might be things they could do better as a group than just the two of them, and maybe they could bounce more fun ideas off of one another. He was curious about ice cream, having seen the truck before but not finding any way to get his hands on something from it before. However, with so much security, he figured that whatever it was must be good! The yanma considered the offer, then shook his head, "No, I think we'll be good. Theo, you're not going to sleep all day, are you?" His grin looked a bit impish, but not specifically targeted at the hoothoot -- rather, the situation.

Thaliawen
Theo wasn't sure they could trust Brenny: what if this ice cream thing was some clever plan devised to trap them? Force them to go places they didn't want to go. Do things they didn't want to do. He couldn't very well voice his opinion with Brenny right there, though, so instead he gave a nod. "I suppose so," he said. He was curious about ice cream, too. The humans seemed to have it often, especially when it was hot out. "I was considering it," he confessed. He had had to switch his sleeping schedule, in order to look after Dart. Not that he'd tell Dart that. He worried about the yanma when he left him to fetch food. "So Brenny. You're not from around here?" he gestured to include the surrounding area.

"You'll really like it!" Brenny encouraged, when Dart questioned Theo. Ice cream had been one of the first treats he'd tried, once he'd been able to go out by himself. He'd been stunned by the cold sensation and the wonderful flavor at once. He glanced at Theo, blinking. "Well, I live in town," he said. "In an apartment! But if you mean this part of town specifically, no. I visit a lot though!"

MoogerMint
Dart blinked at Theo's admittance to wanting to sleep through the day, which seemed a bit weird for the young bug-type. Of course, he was not one that ever tried to be nocturnal, so the notion was a little lost in translation. "Well, I suppose we could maybe try in the afternoon?" he offered, conceding to meet him halfway. This was supposed to be a fun advent, after all! Thinking on the ice cream, Dart wasn't entirely oblivious to what it was, he just hoped the flavor made up for the cold.

As Brenny answered Theo's question about where he lived, Dart made a bit of a face, "Sounds kinda boring." It seemed like those kind of places would be pretty cramped -- there wasn't any freedom to move indoors, at least not much! Though how could a kid get his hands on a place like that in the first place? "So then, does that mean you've got a trainer?" While the thought itself was not surprising, the fact that a trainer would let their transformed pokémon roam loose at this time of night was baffling.

Thaliawen
"Afternoon would be great," Theo could see that the yanma was compromising, and was thankful. A few extra hours sleep would be a treat. "Thank you," he added, glancing at Dart.

"Sometimes it is boring," Brenny admitted. "Connie's almost always at work so I have to find some friends to play with. I usually do, but when I don't I sift through time. I find an interesting time and go to it. Sometimes I find friends there too. One time I met a tyrunt but all he wanted to do was eat me and my friend. Wasn't very nice." He paused at Dart's question, shaking his head. "No," he said. "I'm wild. Well. Sort of. I haven't got a trainer or a human or anything. And I don't belong to anyone. But I've got someone I like spending time with. And I live there. I'm going to help him earn a bigger house one day."

MoogerMint
Dart flashed a quick smile toward Theo for the gratitude, though he didn't think it necessary. They should all have some fun, after all, and if sleeping in would help accomplish that much, that it was all for the better! Even if Dart wasn't the best at a skill known as patience...

Brenny's description of how he spent his time while bored was nothing short of confusing, but by this point, it wasn't surprising. He tried to conceal it as he glanced over to Theo, gauging just how lost the teen may have been about the explanation. Or did Theo already know what Brenny was, and knew of these bizarre abilities? It would definitely be interesting to see exactly what the little celebi was trying to describe, because imagination was only wont to take one so far. "Well there's never any real boredom around here if you know where to look," Dart offered, a roundabout way of letting Brenny know it was okay to find them. After all, Dart was already getting accustomed to having Theo around, so why not more friends? There was only so much he could do on his own, and it was becoming increasingly clear that sharing in the fun multiplied that same result.

Thaliawen
Theo stared, for a long moment, at the celebi. He did what with time? Was he still speaking english? The hoothoot's eyes were wide and disbelieving. "What?" he asked.

Brenny beamed at Dart. He understood: he could look for them. "We can meet somewhere near here if you like," he suggested. Oh, this would be fun! Having two new friends to show things to, it'd be fun. He made a face at Theo's question, offering each of them a hand. "Come on. You'll never understand it if I just talk about it. And it's more fun this way. Its perfectly safe. I'll only take you to tomorrow."

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php/?t=24637139&page=last  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:54 pm
Quote:
While the cool weather never really bothered her, the Seel lass had opted to remain inside. Not because she had any sort of fight or anything with her brother, not at all. She, in fact, had company over! Her wonderful Celebi friend Brenny was over! Sitting around the coffee table in the living room, a game of Story Cubes spread out table top, Aoife looked up from the game with raised eyebrows at her brother's entry. It hadn't seemed like he had been out all that long, but perhaps he got bored playing by himself. However, it seemed like something was bothering him. Niall wasn't saying anything but sort of just hovering around looking grumpy.

Lightly drumming her fingertips on the bottom of the plastic cup that she and Brenny were using for shaking up the story cubes, Aoife hummed thoughtfully to herself, glancing between the scattered nine dice they were using for this round and her brother. She lowered her voice to something just above a whisper. "Brenny, I think something is bothering Niall."

Brenny turned to look at Niall, in the telltale way so the other boy knew they were talking about him. Oops. "I think something is," he said, looking back to Aoife. Niall was hovering like a dark cloud of negativity. Huh. That was strange, Niall always seemed so happy, at least when his sister was around. He glanced around for Iona or Dugan, to explain the situation. "Maybe he's in trouble and can't play with us," he said. "He must be really upset about it..."

Niall crossed his arms. "I'm not in trouble," he said. Stupid Brenny, stealing his sister. It wasn't fair. He'd wanted to build a snowman with her. Why couldn't mom send him away?

Brenny's obvious swivel to look at her brother had Aoife waving her hands quickly in front of her in a "No, no, no!" manner. She hid her face briefly in her hands before folding them on the coffee table. "Well, no...I don't think so," She agreed with her brother. If he was in trouble, their parents wouldn't just tell him that he wasn't allowed to play with them. They'd send him to his room or something.

"Niall, why don't you join us? We're playing Story Cubes! You know we've gotten a couple of new expansions recently so we're breaking them in! It's fun." He seemed so grumpy. Aoife didn't like seeing her brother upset and she frowned. "Is something the matter?"

"I don't want to play with him," Niall explained, frowning. He uncrossed his arms, crossing the room to sit between the two. "I don't like him looking at you like that," he added, glaring at Brenny. "Stay away from my sister."

Brenny was baffled. He stared at Niall, and moved away slightly. "Er. Okay...?" he said, making a face. Niall was acting strangely. They hadn't always gotten along, but they tended to nowdays...

Sitting back a bit, the Seel lass huffed a sigh, folding her arms at her waist. "Looking at me like what, Niall? We're just playing. I don't understand why you're mad at Brenny." Aoife didn't much care for this vein of conversation. She, of course, loved her twin, but she was very fond of the time spent with the Celebi boy too! Perhaps if she turned the conversation elsewhere? Frowning, she chewed on her lower lip. "Niall...you came in with a sorta funny look on your face. No snowman luck out there?" She fiddled with one of the unused die that they had scattered around the edges of the tables, making a little stack of extra dice as she spoke.

Niall sighed. If they didn't know what was going on, maybe it was still okay. "Nothing... Nevermind. Can I play?" He glanced at Brenny, and gave him an awkward smile. "I'm sorry for being mean, Brenny." He hesitated at Aoife's question, looking away from her. "Nah, no luck. The snow turned all gritty from the sand." He didn't want to admit having been frightened. Not to his sister.

"Well sure!," Aoife enthused. We can shake up some new dice for a whole other story! You know we have the base, but Mom and Dad just got some new mixing dice sets for us the other day! We now have Prehistoria with dinosaurs and ancient critters and things, Enchanted with fairy tale creatures and objects, and an additional set proper called Voyages for awesome adventures and epic tale telling!" Her brother's apology to Brenny gained him a thankful, happy smile from his sister. Good! She wanted them to get along. Flipping the cup right side up, she looked between the two boys. "Shall we use a little bit of everything? Some from the basic set, some from Voyages, and some from the mixes or more from one set or the other? We gotta pick nine." The girl frowned lightly, a faint furrow creasing her brow, at hearing of her brother's misfortune out on the beach. "I'm sorry to hear that, Niall. Maybe later or tomorrow we can ask Mom and Dad to take us to the park so we can play in the snow and not have to worry about sandy snow." Something was still bothering him. He had paused before answering her question, and he didn't look at her when he answer. "We can make snowmen proper there."

Niall was glad to be accepted into the group, even if it was partially on false pretenses. He wanted to keep them apart as long as possible: and keep as far away from what had frightened him, until Iona was around to dispel it. "I think we should use a few from each, yeah. A princess could go on a voyage or something!" He noticed Aoife looking at him, and hesitated. He took her hand, giving it a squeeze. He would tell her later about the burst of color. "Yeah. I'd like to go to the park."

Brenny smiled. He wad glad everyone was getting along again. "You can go first," he offered.

"Sounds good to me!" Aoife nodded, pleased, and began randomly selecting dice from the various sets and mixes before dropping them down into the bottom of the cup. The squeeze to her hand eased a little of her worry. Returning his squeeze, she bobbed her head. "We can ask them when they come around. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I mean, it doesn't snow often on the beach, but when it does it is generally for only a short while and it isn't a 'good' snow," she said, finger quoting 'good' for emphasis. "I'm sure they'd understand." The offer to go first sat well with her, so she picked up the cup, clapping a hand over the top to prevent dice from flying out and escaping, and gave it a really good shake before upending it to let the dice fall where they may. When the story cubes came to a stop, Aoife leaned forward again to see what she had to work with.

"Let's see," She drawled out. "A bee, a neat tent, a map, a tiara, a forest, a fairy, a tower, a clock, and a magnifying glass. Hmmm. Let's see." The girl pondered briefly on the direction her story would take and then she began, tapping her index finger on each die when she came to refer to it in her story. "Once upon a time, in a forest there lived a bumblebee. It was a good little bee, though the bee had a secret! It hadn't always been bee! It had been a young noble lady! Her father had taken the help of a fairy for granted and to punish him for this, the fairy turned his beloved daughter into a busy, little bee. In fear and confusion, the once noble girl flew out and away from the tower in which she slept, leaving her father holding only her tiara that had fallen from her head as she shrank and changed. day, the noble bee came across a boy tending his family's hives on their homestead hidden away in this forest. He noticed the lone bee hanging back and held out his hand for the bee to perch on so that it could rest its wings. Flying in the noble bee landed on his finger, wiggling her antennas when he gently petted her fuzzy back. He seemed nice. Maybe he'd be kind of heart and brave enough in spirit that he'd be able to understand. She had tried to tell others of her plight, which had nearly gotten her squished in the past! Or those she told simply saw her as a bee doing its wiggle dances. Still, she had to try! Time was running out! She didn't know what her father was doing about her plight, but she couldn't leave it all to chance.

"Oh, please, sir," The bee pleaded. "Can you understand me? I need your help. I need to find a magic woman traveling in a caravan. A man in the nearby market has a map that shows the path that the caravan always sticks to. Time is running out for me! I have a week left before I'm stuck a bee forever! I want to be a girl again. Please understand me, please!" She waited as she searched the boy's face with her multifaceted eyes. The boy blinked, astonished. He actually heard the bee talk! Or was it the bee girl talk? He had never met a talking bee before. Though she said she used to be a girl.

"Well, sure, I guess! I will help you. I mean, there isn't much you can do all by yourself. I've finished with the hives for the day so that was the last of my chores for the day. I'll take you to the market and we can see if we can find this map." Raising his hand so she could perch upon his shoulder, he set off to the market once she found a place she was comfortable with. He talked to and with her, listening to her story in full on the way. Once they arrived they found the man selling the map, and they learned that it was a magic map! There was a mark on the map that moved around wherever the caravan was. It took some haggling but the boy got the map for a decent price. Luck was on their side for the caravan that this magic woman was working, living, or just traveling with was actually not that far off. Racing back to his family's farm, he gently tucked the noble bee into his front pocket, hopped onto his father's horse and raced off to meet up where the mark was on the map. They raced and raced and finally saw and heard the sights and sounds of the trade caravan. In the far back of the settling nomads, a small but pretty tent had already been erected. A spire rose from the center of the tent and wind chimes tinkled softly from the support posts. The noble bee emerged and flew into the tent, frantic and excited at the prospect of returned to her normal self again. The boy waited outside. From within the tent there came muffled sounds of talking, music, and then suddenly lights and a rush of wind! The boy staggered, shielding his eyes from the bright light.

When he lowered his arms, out stepped the bee girl, a beautiful noble girl once more, sweet bee pollen still dusting her hair and lashes. Her eyes welled with tears, "I'm me again. I'm me! Thank you so much for your help! Thank you!" She hugged the boy. "You've done so much for me already, but could you do me one more favor and help get me home. You'll be rewarded for your kindness, sir, I swear it!"

"Well, I've gotten you this far,' The boy said. "It wouldn't be right of me not to see you all the way home." They both mounted the boy's horse and rode back to the girl's family's castle . And rewarded the boy was. The noble girl's father said that the boy could have anything he wished for. And what was his wish, you might ask? Well, his wish was simple. To marry the girl as sweet as bee pollen, if she would have him. The two went on to become the greatest of friends and eventually marry, and they lived happily ever after. The End!"

Aoife nodded at the conclusion of her story, smiling, quite happy with how it turned out. "I think I did okay. Didn't I, you guys?"

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24670183#371602311  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:02 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php/?t=24757263&page=last  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 am
Remember when I counted down the days to Christmas? I started around this time last year. I'm not doing that this year; it doesn't seem so important. I think the older you get, the shorter your wishlist becomes; and with things money can't buy, like someone else's happiness. Last year, my list was short, this year I want nothing but to see others happy. And maybe to not be kidnapped or bothered by scary storm spirits, next year. That'd be for me, though. I've started sleeping on the couch, to make sure Connie's comfortable for work.

I'm going to be working for Grayson soon, as soon as Connie approves it. Grayson says my guardian needs to tell him it's alright for me to work for him. After I've worked a while, and I've saved enough money, I'm going to try and convince Connie to move somewhere bigger. Maybe an apartment with two bedrooms, so we can have our own space.

It's just the two of us now, because Eliot moved out and Mei went with him, so we've got more space than we used to, but it's uncomfortable still. I miss having them here. I don't think bringing another pokemon into the household is the solution, though. They'll find a star and then we'll be crowded again.

I wonder what I should get Connie for Christmas, though? Maybe I'll make him something. I could make cookies for everyone else, buy some tins to put them in. If I find Dart again, I could give him a batch. And Arashi. That'd be a lot of ingredients to buy, though... I wonder if there's something I could do that everyone would appreciate.

I could get Eliot something for their apartment, I don't know how much they have in the way of furniture. I would have to look through nearby garage sales, if there are any. They're usually in the summer. It's not winter yet, so I might still have a chance. Things are always cheaper second hand. I'll have to ask him what he's needing, so I don't buy something they already have.

Do you think we'll get everything we want this year? My list was longer last year, this year, though, I think it's easier to think about what I want to get for others than what I want for me. Not getting kidnapped by team rocket again is definitely top of my list though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 pm
Comfort and a Movie
MoogerMint
Connie juggled a paper bag in his arms, trying to locate the keys to the apartment in his pockets without making too much of a ruckus for the neighbors. These walls weren't always the most sound-proof, and at this hour, sometimes it was really needed. Looping the keyring around a finger, he unlocked the front door, pressing it open with a shoulder and maneuvering himself inside. He scanned quickly around, but waited until he nudged the door shut with a boot instead of saying anything. He was never quite sure if people were already sleeping; he knew Brenny tried to stay awake, but it was not always feasible. Instead, he set the paper bag, a handful of groceries, onto the counter and started unlacing his boots. Who knew what sort of things he'd track in here if he left those on...

Thaliawen
Brenny was waiting for him. He was too upset sleep, after managing to make his way home from the teamrocket hide out. With no one home, he'd stayed on the couch playing movies but not really watching them. The celebi looked up. "Connie?" he asked. He got up from his spot on the couch and ran to meet the teenagers, flinging his arms around him.

MoogerMint
Connie had barely managed to unknot the first boot's shoelaces before Brenny had met him at the door, and even then he had almost snagged his fingers as the celebi tackled him. "Woah!" he caught Brenny's hug but was caught off-guard himself, "Hey there, Brenny. What's up? The fridge wasn't that empty, was it?" Had he had dinner yet? Not that Connie didn't like being greeted when he got home, it's just that this was a little... unusual.

Thaliawen
Connie didn't know. That realization didn't make Brenny release his hold on him, though. "I missed you," he said. Connie usually worked long hours, but being locked in a cage had made them seem longer. "I'm glad you're home!"

MoogerMint
Brenny's words may have made a smile come across Connie's tired features, but it was still enough of an intensity that he knew something was wrong. "Alright, what did you break?" he teased, hugging the celebi back. Was everyone else asleep but Brenny?

Thaliawen
Normally Connie's words would have made the celebi tease back. This time, he just tightened his hold on the tauros. "Nothing," he said. "Team rocket had me locked up and I escaped and I'm glad you're home!" he didn't seem likely to to let go of Connie any time soon. "I don't know what they were going to do with us."

MoogerMint
Connie was more than a bit taken aback by Brenny's quick recap of his day. Initially, he thought it might have been a game Brenny was playing with his friends, but the reaction the celebi was having after-the-fact said otherwise. "...What?" he managed, a bit dumbfounded into silence for a second before he was able to process and recover from it, "What happened? How did they get to you? Are you alright? They didn't hurt you, did they? How did you escape?" The fifty questions were spilling from his mouth before he really thought about it, looking Brenny up and down for any sort of injury while the boy was still latched onto the teen.

Thaliawen
"Eliot sent me to get ice cream and something happened. I think I got knocked out? I don't remember. But I woke up in a cage and this guy wouldn't let me out." He released Connie at last, taking his hand. "I'm alright. No, they didn't. But I really missed you!"

MoogerMint
With a concerned frown, Connie looked over Brenny's head for any marks that may have been concealed by his mop of green curls, but it didn't seem as though it had been a physical blow that incapacitated the celebi. "Where's Eliot now?" he asked, confused why they weren't both up if that were the case. He must have been so scared! "You shouldn't go off on your own anymore. You're too little to be doing that, okay?" Of course, by 'little' Connie was referring to size, considering age-wise there wasn't too much disparity between the both of them, but even then, Brenny seemed more optimistic with other people than he should have been. It could have been a lot worse! This was exactly the sort of thing Connie was afraid might happen, and he was just as helpless to do anything as he feared. Instead of continuing along with that line of thought, however, Connie tried to calm down, "I'm glad you're safe. I don't know what I would have done if..." He shook the thought off, and broke the conversation, "Now, what would you like for dinner?"

Thaliawen
"Sleeping?" Brenny guessed, gesturing to the bedroom. "I haven't seen him." No going out on his own. That was a rule the celebi had always failed to pay attention to, until now. "I won't," he promised. He gave Connie another hug. "I love you, Connie. Want to stay up and watch movies with me?" Tomorrow was the tauros' day off, wasn't it? Honestly, he was afraid to sleep after that ordeal. "Dinner?" he asked. He hadn't even thought about it. "Salad? Do we have berries?"

MoogerMint
While it may have concerned Connie to think that Eliot could sleep after all that, he also knew he didn't really know the gyarados well enough to say what he normally did and did not do. Maybe it was just stressful enough to wipe a person out. Perhaps it was because the fear had somehow already passed. He didn't know, and he didn't judge. Instead, he turned full attention back to Brenny, a small but relieved smile appeared. He picked Brenny up when the small celebi hugged him again, kicking off the boots that were still gripping his feet, "We should still have some, but I picked some up before heading home, just in case." He peered into the paper bag, considering what needed to go where but none of it really needed refrigeration, so could easily be left out. "I don't mind staying up. I don't think either one of us could really sleep anytime soon after all that, do you?" he snickered a little, "What were you watching?"

Thaliawen
So berries would be had! They were still the celebi's favorite treat, even after being introduced to cookies and other sweets. "I don't want to sleep," He said. Brenny looked towards the television. He hadn't really been paying attention. "The sword in the stone," he said, after a moment. "Its about king Arthur."

MoogerMint
Connie fished a container of berries out, a few other odds and ends here and there but not so much that he couldn't grab it all single-handedly. From there, he flopped it on the center of the couch, in front of the television, but careful enough that it didn't make a mess. He set Brenny down so the celebi could choose what side to sit on before taking the other himself, trying to kick back and relax. "Yeah I don't think I want to sleep either," Connie agreed, opening a container and taking out a berry before offering the container to Brenny, "Bet'cha I can stay up later than you can!" It never hurt to throw some fun in there, to shake the stress and fear from the day. Turning back to the television, the tauros tilted his head a little, trying to make sense of the current movie -- he hadn't actually seen it before, but it seemed interesting!

Thaliawen
Brenny sat on one side, but when Connie sat down immediately moved to lean against the older boy. "Lets stay up then," he invited. "I bet you can't!" he immediately accepted Connie's challenge with a smile. It was nice to spend time with his favorite person; Connie was often at work until it was time for bed, that wasn't any fun.

MoogerMint
Connie nodded in response when Brenny reiterated his request, already having answered with both verbal and physical cues. He could tell the boy was tired, though, as he leaned into the tauros and ignored the offered berries. To be honest, he was pretty wiped as well, but the dose of adrenaline he gained when hit with that sort of bad news was still in effect. He was worried there was nothing he could do, and in actuality, he was right... especially right now. There was no point in worrying, in dwelling, on an event that had already come to pass, and leave without too much incident. Thank the lucky stars... Leaning more towards the celebi, he rested his head at the back of the couch and popped the berry into his mouth. After a moment, he frowned a bit, "So why are they squirrels now?" Yeeeah he hadn't really been paying attention.

Thaliawen
Brenny was tired, but he wasn't about to give in. He didn't want to sleep; what if someone from teamrocket came and dragged them away? At the thought he wrapped an arm halfway around Connie and frowned. "Do you think they'll come to find me again?" he asked. He looked to the tv. "I dunno," he admitted. "Merlin's kind of weird."

MoogerMint
Connie flinched at the question, unsure of how to respond. He didn't want to lie, but while he was fairly sure they were safe, he didn't know what extents Team Rocket went to to kidnap Brenny... or even... "How did you escape?" If they hadn't gotten back to him by now, though, they probably would have lost the trail by now. Nevertheless, the teen shrugged and hugged Brenny's head in a one-armed hug, "They'd have to get through me before they got to you, and I won't let them get through me." There was no match for his stubbornness! "Ah," Connie accepted the explanation, "Well, that explains a lot." So Merlin was going senile...

Thaliawen
Tammy helped me escape," Brenny explained, looking to Connie. "He helped me. This ghost guy wouldn't let me out." He paused and frowned slightly. "Don't risk yourself," he said. "I don't want you hurt, Connie." Especially not for him. "I love you too much."

MoogerMint
Whoever this 'Tammy' was, they seemed to be on a nickname-basis, which told Connie that it had likely been someone Brenny had met before the kidnapping. He wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, that they had been together during that ordeal. "Well, preferably, I would just scare them away instead of anyone getting hurt," he admitted sheepishly -- he wasn't really a fighter, after all. "Besides, I don't know how well they could hurt me if they tried," he added. Perhaps his confidence would put Brenny at ease a little better; they were home, and safe to boot. Taking another berry to eat, he scooted the container closer to the celebi, as though offering some popcorn during the movie.

Thaliawen
Brenny took a berry, looking to Connie. He shook his head at him. "You're not very scary," he said. Of course, he'd never been on the receiving end of Connie's intimidate ability. He ate the berry, paused, and wrapped his arms around the tauros again. "You're right. You're so strong, they wouldn't defeat you!" He took another berry when the bowl was moved closer to him. "It was scary without you, Connie."

MoogerMint
Connie contemplated how one even went about to look scary, or intimidating, when not based solely on his size... or the fact he was a tauros at all. "Hmm, I wonder... maybe some supervillain hairdo..?" he pondered aloud, though he could not exactly picture it, "Maybe if I just narrowed my eyes at them or something." He could bluff about doing something, even if it was not an action he would ever take -- they wouldn't really know the difference, right? With a smirk, he hugged Brenny back, "Well I'm here now. And together, we're unstoppable, aren't we?"

Thaliawen
Brenny shook his head at him. "No, you'd just look silly," he said. "Maybe," He said. "I think it's best if you're smiley though. Then they'll never expect you to be scary." He paused and smiled. "Yeah! Together we can do anything!"

MoogerMint
Connie laughed at Brenny's counter for the proposed change of look, if only because it was likely bluntly accurate, "Probably. If I'm smiling, though, I don't think they'd leave any sooner." Unless he was actually successful with the silent intimidation, but Brenny didn't sound too sold on that. Ah well, it didn't really matter, since it was unlikely to ever actually happen again. At least, he hoped that to be the case. He ruffled Brenny's hair, trying to push the matter behind him for the time being. Being aware of the situation, though, probably helped a great deal on the amount of vigilance he should be taking to his surroundings at any given time, though. "That's more like it," he agreed, "Nothing to worry about now."

Thaliawen
Nothing to worry about. Brenny wished it was that easy. He snuggled against Connie. "Right," he said. "We're together." And at least they had a better chance of fighting bad guys off that way. He took a handful of berries. "I think I'll stay home tomorrow."

MoogerMint
"Exactly," Connie concurred, "And there isn't anything that'd stop us." There was no question as to whether Brenny would be more alert to things around him now either. While it was distressing to see Brenny's carefree and innocent outlook on life slip away some, he knew it was also for the better. Why did things like this have to be learned from repeating mistakes of others' past? He slouched a bit, trying to get himself more comfortable on the couch, "That's just fine. Nobody can make you do anything you don't want to, so don't feel pressured, okay?"

Thaliawen
Brenny snuggled up close to Connie, yawning. "Yeah. Nothing can stop us when we're together." He smiled. "Its safer inside," He said. "Its not safe to go out alone." He hadn't believed Connie about that; he'd believed everyone could become a friend, that everyone was basically good. Those teamrocket people definitely weren't friend material.

MoogerMint
Connie hugged Brenny loosely about the shoulders with one arm as the small celebi snuggled closer. "That's right, you're safe," he agreed, his voice growing more quiet, more calm. It was obvious that Brenny was completely wiped, and increasingly so for the tauros himself; he was just trying to coax it out more. The sleep would really do them a world of good, after all.

Thaliawen
Brenny's eyes flickered closed, snapped open, and flickered closed again. Safe. And Connie was with him. "I love you Connie," he murmured.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm
MoogerMint
Thaliawen
"C'mon, we're almost there!" Brenny encouraged Connie with a bright smile. He'd woken his favorite person early that Saturday morning in order to get to the lab. "Grayson is going to hire me, and then we'll have more money. And maybe I can buy you a present. Do you think that'd be good? Maybe a cake. I don't know how much I'd earn..." He considered this and took Connie's hand. "I can buy us a bigger apartment!"

MoogerMint
"Brenny, breathe!" Connie cut in before the young celebi could add any more to the list; he was trying really hard to keep the laughter out of his voice, but couldn't really do anything about his expression. While it worried him that Brenny was so eager to get into the workforce as soon as he hit the physical age of thirteen, he couldn't say he wasn't grateful for the help. Besides, Connie would have done the same thing, had roles been swapped... "Getting a job is a big step. Do you really think you're ready for it?" the tauros prodded as they walked their way to the pokémon lab. Connie was sure Brenny could handle it, but it was always nice to hear it instead. He snickered, thinking about the road ahead as he added, "Don't get too far ahead of yourself, though. We'll still need the time to adjust, but we'll get there. Sooner than later."

Thaliawen
Brenny grinned at Connie, and did pause to take a breath. He was so excited to finally be able to help with expenses. "I think so!" he beamed. "I'm just going to be traveling back and forth through time so they can study the ancient pokemon. Then I get to come home!" he gave Connie's hand a squeeze. "You might even be able to be home more! I'll have a job and you'll have a job, and it'll be great!" And there would be plenty of cake.

MoogerMint
Connie grinned, nodding his head as he received the positive response, "Good! I think you can do it, too. Just don't burn yourself out." He didn't really know everything that time travel entailed, or what sort of pressure that would put on the celebi to be doing it more often for greater distances; it wasn't exactly something one would know without testing out, of course. "Could be easier on all of us, really," he continued, returning the squeeze. He knew Grayson was a good guy, compassionate about both his job and those under his care. At least, that was how he came off as when they had first met; his daughter had even teased him some about it. "I think you'll be in good hands," he added, before correcting himself, "We'll be in good hands, even."

Thaliawen
Brenny smiled brightly. "Yeah! Then you can be home more often and we'll have enough money." He happily led Connie towards the lab. "Do you think I'll do alright, really? I've never had a job before." But he was certainly eager to try. He wanted to help out as much as he could. "Maybe you won't have to work so late anymore.'"

MoogerMint
"Yeah, that's a good possibility!" Connie agreed. Possibility. He didn't want to burden Brenny with it if it didn't work out, but he wasn't convinced that Brenny couldn't do it, especially with the enthusiasm the celebi was sporting. He smiled when Brenny started showing concern himself, "I think you will do great. Don't worry, they know this is your first job, right? You're going to be doing things you like to do, and helping people at the same time. I don't see how you could fail to do an excellent job." Connie nodded knowingly; really, the only thing that would be a problem would be Brenny losing interest, but the tauros didn't see that happening, either.

Thaliawen
Brenny beamed, concern fading quickly. "Yeah, I told Grayson it's my first job. I told him I wanted to work for him ages ago. You should come work for Grayson, Connie! You could be a scientist with me!" They were almost there, too. He tugged Connie along. "I'm worried about taking more than just me. I get tired if I keep warping."

MoogerMint
Connie snickered as Brenny grew more confident with the prospect, glad that the boy had mentioned what shortcomings he might have when on the job. "I'm not qualified to be a scientist, Brenny," he laughed, "I grew up on a farm. I'm really only good at manual labor. I'm probably as far from scientist-material as you can get!" Honestly, he didn't need another job anyway, though it could have been an interesting experience, that was no lie. "Just take things slow. I'm sure they wouldn't mind accommodating you until you're able to take more people. Safety always comes first, don't worry," he added, fairly certain the job experience wasn't tyrannical in nature, "Besides, they can't do any time travel without you, so they're going to have to play nice!"

Thaliawen
"Neither am I," Brenny said. There seemed to be a lot of qualifications to jobs--but no one else could qualify for the one Brenny had! "You're good at other things," he assured Connie. "You take good care of me. I want to take care of you, though, too." He paused and nodded. "Yeah, and when I get better, I can take as many people as Grayson needs me to!" He pointed out the lab. "There it is. Want to come get Grayson with me?"

MoogerMint
"I think everyone is really good at something, it just might take some longer to find what that something is," Connie elaborated, "And I'm not the only one that takes good care of others. You do as well, just sometimes in different ways." Brenny was good at taking care of Connie, too, after all. If it wasn't for the little celebi, there was a chance that Connie would have lost himself, buried under necessity with little room for him to just be himself. "Lead the way!"

Thaliawen
Brenny led Connie into the lab happily. "Grayson, we're here!" And the tauros seemed pretty okay with his getting a job. Hopefully, this job would help out around home. And it'd be an adventure; they could go throughout time and see the pokemon of the past.

Trainer Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff