Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Britomartis-the-Valiant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:40 pm
When Joseph Caspar Mezzofanti is one of your greatest heroes.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 pm
When, in one of your language classes, the students find out that you got a question wrong that they also got wrong, and try to use this to argue that either a) the wrong answer is in fact correct or b) that the question should be invalidated because even you got it wrong.

When the professor asks how you learned certain words/expressions.

When you have to explain endlessly to the other students that no, you are absolutely not fluent, you just actually try.  

lili of the lamplight

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:01 am
XWraith_LordX

When you put your iPod langauge to anything put English and change it every two weeks, then start over. And you also do this with websites, video games, movies, and just about anything.All my friends hate me for it. twisted
Hahaha that sounds like me. razz

Someone probably said this already, but:

When you set your computer & all applications in a foreign language. (guilty)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 pm
TurtIe Tracks
XWraith_LordX

When you put your iPod langauge to anything put English and change it every two weeks, then start over. And you also do this with websites, video games, movies, and just about anything.All my friends hate me for it. twisted

Genius idea!

I must do this! =D  

Henneth Annun

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:12 pm
XWraith_LordX
TurtIe Tracks
XWraith_LordX

Genius idea!

I must do this! =D
xp Why thank you!

If you use an instant messaging client that allows aliases, you set all of your contacts' aliases to vocabulary words that match them. (guilty) biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:02 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
Proudly_Jewish
Sluvotsky
XD WHY DID I ADMIT TO THIS?

So here it is. I would have just img'd it onto the forum but it'd spread the page out like crayzay.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/Majickaltofu/ohmahgawd.jpg

Such is the product of my boredom.
MARRY ME blaugh heart heart heart

xd Now this is surely a sign that you're obsessed with languages...
I really want to see what this is, but the img isn't there anymore. sad  

TurtIe Tracks

lili of the lamplight

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 am
When your CD collection is organized primarily by which language(s) each artist sings in.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:11 pm
Proudly_Jewish
you'd rather be introduced to the French subjunctive mood
BAD SUBJUNCTIVE. gonk

I, also, have all my settings in a foreign language. XD  

Feliks Lukasiewicz

snubsnub

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:37 pm
Britomartis-the-Valiant
When Joseph Caspar Mezzofanti is one of your greatest heroes.

AGREEED.
I'd kill to at least know even half of the languages he was fluent in. ):

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:32 am
- When you are better at french grammar than english grammar
- When after you find out your french teacher speaks 5 languages, you just have to go and learn 6
- When your english class is spent doinf French and German homework  

kirara-the-nekomata

sks godqhrgkek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am
-When you are talking to someone on msn and you end up with sentences such as 'sks dhsmf wjdakf godqhrgo' because you are so used to writting in another language with a another keyboard.

- When you have corrected the errors in your language dictionaries.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:45 pm
When you're having an argument about a language with a friend and all 7 other people sitting at the table take your side without hesitating.  

kyuuketsuki4

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
When you talk to a tourist in their language, and they're surprised to learn that you really are a local.
I feel so proud. ;_;  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:50 pm
When you walk up to your friend and start talking to them in German (and you don't stop when they give you a "wtf?" look) sweatdrop

And I've dreamed in German before ._.

Timey Wimey Fox

Tipsy Rogue

Kittymutt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:21 pm
INSPIRED BY: my vacation to Canada:

☺ When the only reason your three hour rafting trip was interesting was because you were sitting next to people from Germany that spoke mostly in German the whole way.

☺ When you are the only one that speaks English on a tour boat and that is the only reason why you semi-enjoyed the trip. (It was all French and Chinese biggrin )

☺ When you find out the town you are staying in sells real etate to Japanese people which makes you happy because Japanese is everywhere so you choose to listen into everyone else's conversations as opposed to listening to your parents.

☺When all the signs have Japanese written in and you try to read it as opposed to the English above it. (And also laughing at your brother because he thinks there will be anime in the store. xd )

☺ When you constantly look at the labels on bottles and products because you like seeing what the words mean in French instead of the usual Spanish.

☺ When you watch the French channel not because you can understand it but because you like the way it sounds. You mom gets annoyed by it and asks you to change the channel.

The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff