Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:17 am
......when you made up your own dialect out of the language(s)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:42 am
lunar x2
...you tag people's houses in Russian.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea... well, not people's houses per se, that's kinda messed up. But it'd be awesome to tag the side of a building in Russian.  

Hawk_McKrakken

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:53 pm
...when the only moments in which you feel truly alive are those when you're in the middle of a good long study session...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:14 pm
...when you talk to your friends in a foreign language while they're speaking a different foreign language [so you don't know what eachother are saying]

...you enjoy language school

...you memorize foreign songs and sing them to your friends

... we show eachother how to use dictionaries from different countries XD (i've done that hahaa. w/ a chinese dictionary and my friend got heckaa confused smile )

you know you've been in (whatever foreign language you take) class too long when:

... you've got the ABC's song stuck in your head

... when this class is the highlight of your day

... you think this is the most fun and educational class in your schedule

and when i've been in french class too long:
... we sing the ABC song, LES CHAMPS-ELYSES, MC Solaar, and Je Suis Une Pizza xd  

Kakashi272

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:37 pm
...when your best friends are your language materials

....when you put your shopping lists in different languages  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:03 am
~You can't wait for the new school year to begin because you will be taking Japanese, French, and Spanish.

~Last year, when your French teacher heard that you couldn't take the next level of French because you needed to take Driver's Ed, she called your house, wrote letters, and talked to you in class trying to get you to stay with it. ( crying But i'm coming back!)

~You are discouraged to listen to music in a new language because you think you will become obsessed with it and you already have enough languages on your plate. But then you realised you don't care and listen to it anyway.

~You beg your teachers to give more homework and extra credit.

~You seriously consider "borrowing" any of the schools language textbooks.

~Your Geometry notebook is now the home of many conjagation tables, vocab lists, and song lyrics in other languages.

~During your Japanese class you are studying German because you have already learn the Japanese material being taught, a year ago.

~Almost all the music you listen to is in another language.

~You basically stalk the Chinese exchange students, just to hear them talk.

~You are standing in line at KingsDominon and behind you are Spanish speakers talking and you tell your friends to shut up so you can hear.

~You can identify all the languages on the Mcdonalds bag that says over and over "I'm loving it"

~Your friends think you are crazy when you say that you can tell the difference between Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.

~Everytime you try to talk about/ talk in a foreign language with your friends they automatically say "Not again"

~You just stopped everything you were doing to translated a paragraph of Cyrillic to Roman letters.

~You wish your school had more languages because 3 languages taught at school isn't enough.

~You will gladly spend 5 hours straight studying Spanish when you have 2 homework assignments and a project due in 2 days.

~You stay up till 5 o-clock in the morning reviewing and learning Kanji.

~You are sleep deprived because of all the learning.

~You are planning on making your children atleast Tri-lingual. (Is that even a word. XD )

~You decide to learn an alphabet even though you don't plan on learning the language.

~You will slip random words into your conversations and then get werid looks and wonder why.

~When you come to a word that has a Spanish or French congnate, you unconsciously write the Foreign version. Then when you realise what you have done, you leave it like that. It looks cooler. XD

I have done all of these....and more. I tried to only name the ones that weren't already listed.

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

Kalathma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:11 pm
xXpunkpassionXx
...When you sleep-talk in another language...

rofl rofl rofl I do that a lot!

... When you can't get to sleep before totally learning the past tense verb conjugation in French for -IR verbs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:05 pm
-when you try to explain to a native why their grammer was wrong...and end up being humiliated because you find everyone staring out you...but you were right anyways!  

The_0ther_Account

kyuuketsuki4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:30 pm
Pistil
Eccentric Iconoclast
Pistil
Proudly_Jewish
...you dream in a foreign language.
O.O I did that last night... kind of. In my dream I had a phone call, and the person on the other line was speaking 'Swedish'. Strangest thing is, I only know a few words in Swedish, so those were the words that were used in my dream - and the rest was French/gibberish. o.O

The accent wasn't even right until the person started talking in English. o.O

Heh! I tend to dream in the language I speak; Frenglanese. I don't usually pay attention to that stuff, because the content in my dreams are generally extremely odd.
In my most recent dream that I remember, I walked into the kitchen and none other than Napoleon Bonaparte climbed out of my oven.
o.O Mine are usually really strange too, but not THAT weird. XD

That was my one and only time to have a different language in my dream.

I once dreamed that, for some bizarre reason, I was asking someone if bulls were allowed to ride hermits. okay, just had to share, now on with the reading of the list, I'd like to get to page 10 tonight before I go and obsess over learning languages.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:49 pm
Proudly_Jewish
...you dream in a foreign language. domokun

I once dreampt in Japanese [before I knew even a single word of Japanese]. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Japanese though. It had subtitles as well.

surprised

iEuphemia

Friendly Gaian

kyuuketsuki4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:19 pm
Proudly_Jewish
...you dream about yourself talking to your mum in a language she doesn't understand. domokun
Still working my way through it xp I actually DO talk to my mom in a language she doesn't understand. Only a few words, but it's funny. Actually my mom's online now, YAY!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:52 pm
You stay up late finishing this list even though you have to get up for a speech meet at 4 AM the next day for which your notebooks and the next lesson for German, Japanese, and Italian are all packed.(I'm also taking French in school but i can't start self-teaching until this trimester ends for fear of writing sentences we haven't learned yet and confusing the teacher.)

Your only method of fighting procrastination is to insert random foreign words so as to make it more fun. Really, that essay would confuse the heck out of my teacher if I turned it in how it is right now.  

kyuuketsuki4

Stronghearted11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:04 pm
Marille
...when you're the Captain of a Language Guild. xd

...when you're a dedicated member in said Guild.
lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:26 pm
...when you get your friends into learning (a)foreign language(s)
...when you feel empty without studying languages
....when you only listen to music in different languages
......when you forget your native language
.......when you make over 20 conlanguages
.......when you try to find international pen-pals in many different countries
....when you forget how to swear in your native language
.....when you flirt with people in another language

419scambaiterKoko

kyuuketsuki4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:37 pm
When you get a hard debate topic so you start writing your newest German vocab. Then, when you finally start writing the first thing you do is try to spell very "wery." Next, you use French verb forms to help you concentrate. (I couldn't get all of them, I need to review.) Later, you decorate the sheet with your other debate topic with words from various languages.

When the highlight of your day was when you remembered the phrase 'Bis später.'

When you are so intent on writing hirigana so as to memorize it that you don't notice that someone has been watching you for 10 minutes.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games