Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Fright Night - Spooky Clutch Hatching Feast - Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 am
Ahh, well…ouch. Yevalee paused from walking farther into the feast as the voice rose higher in anger, hand resting on Gallath to sooth the dragonet or themselves was debatable. Perhaps both, truly. They hadn’t either, not really. Their injury had been minor and then focus had been on Gallath and her rolling demanding hunger and not the sands.

It was debatable if going after her would be smart or if it would be smarter to let her grieve and … not at this moment.

Yevamine?

“Mmh, it nothing, just considering.” Let her be, there would be time later. “Though, if you could reach out to your sister? Check on her?” They questioned, carefully steering towards the tables.

Therianth? Are you alright, sister mine? Gallath questioned, keeping pace with her rider and oooh it smelt delicious. Mmhm, what was that smell. My Yevamine is here and later we can talk, maybe? She was hopeful. Maybe her sister would want to talk to her.

faesinger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:26 am
Marinel looked between Shahera and D’mar. His expression was locked in a firm line, as he settled on his twin. “It wasn’t her fault, D’mar.” He said, quietly. He was almost disappointed in his brother. None of this had been anyone’s fault. It was that awful green’s! And somehow, his getting hurt had caused all of this.

“Let’s go get you some klah,” he said. Hopefully, this would all blow over in time. “I thought you were going to die,” he admitted, after a moment. “I wanted to punch that bronze in the nose, to get him off you, and I couldn’t stop him. I would have, if they hadn’t been there to hold me back.” The last time he’d seen D’mar act like this, it’d been as ‘Nel. He’d been cold and distant then, too. Was it the pain Dolly was in? “She couldn’t do anything, anymore than I could’ve.”

He hesitated. He offered Dolly his hand. “Do you feel well enough to eat anything?”

“Shinosbee”

“Faesinger”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:09 am
O'len and Brown Aleyath

"Thank you." He couldn't help it when his grin broadened slightly, even though his brain told him that was kind of rubbing it in. "This is Aleyath." The dragon had plopped to a seat at his side, and when the flit greeted him he softly bugled back.

Can I talk?

Yes, sure. "He'd like to speak to you." Just don't shout or anything.

Hello! Aleyath hopped to his feet again, bouncing as he stopped in front of Rinis. It's nice to meet you! O'len's hungry, so we sh— He paused, his attention pulled away by the shouting.

"The tables, yes. I think that would be a good place to start." Especially since little Awoo...

Therianth.

...Therianth and hers were heading this way. O'len smiled at Rinis and gestured forward.

"After you."

magnadearelooo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 am
Shahera paused and turned her head to look at Serfie with a slightly watery smile. “It will be fine Serfie. You should enjoy the Feast. Celebrate the lives still here and the new ones just arrived.” It was quite and subdued. Shahera would likely be so for a while. Therianth bumped her head against Shahera’s hand as if to say ‘we will get through this together.’

Therianth practically latched onto Hessianth mentally in a desperate ‘thank you.’ Thank you. I will let her know once she is ready. For now, it might be best to let her grieve. Therianth tried to hold back the sadness she felt for Shahera at the loss of a friend. At least a little seeped through to Hessianth though.

She was not blind to the arrival of C’sar, and Shahera felt a pang of increased sadness as he moved away, but she was also thankful. She was aware of C’sar’s ambitions and had no desire to deal with them right then, unsure what would come of it should they also clash.

Therianth was bolstered by her sister also reaching out. She and her bonded weren’t alone, see? Please? Yet, she knew that Shahera wasn’t ready to see yet. Sadly she told her sister, Thank you, dear one. We…we will be all right. Somehow. I will let her know. Yes, we should talk.

Revel1984

demon_pachabel

Shaddaling

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:25 am
Serfie gave Shahera a look, she knew that smile, she'd given that kind of smile "it's not ok though is it" she said matter of factly, not letting go of the girl's shoulder. If Shahera thought she could get away that easily, she could think again, she had cornered her once, helped her with her studies, been there for her when she was losing it during the hatching.

"I have nothing to celebrate Shahera, you know that better than anyone, its....being alone probably isn't the best thing after that stupid Wherryfart" sure Serfie realised she was being hypocritical, after all she was going to leave soon, but she didn't want to go and leave Shahera upset, she'd just lost a friend... probably, not that Serfie had liked Dolma..D'mar but that didn't mean she was blind to the loss Shahera must be feeling. Internally Serfie sighed, would she ever truly get the hang of this friend thing? she didn't know but shaff it she was going to TRY "Congratulations on your dragon" she said quietly, her stomach churning with conflicting emotions.

faesinger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 am
Jacomus, P'tius, & two sneaky flits

Chirping happily, Marsh settled on Her Other Human's shoulder, offering the coin. Where she'd gotten it was irrelevant, as she'd done what she'd been taught to. Surely he'd be proud? Her Human was usually proud and happy, why not Her Other Human?

When they drew closer to Jacomus, she chittered greeting to him, holding up the shiny again. She did well, right?!

Shifting his klah so it wouldn't spill, Jacomus smiled and wrapped his arm around Casgar. "Well hello yourself! And hello, Marsh! Should've expected you, where Fish is you're not far away." On his shoulder, Fish chittered happily. "Was just dodging my brother there... Didn't do a good job of it."

P'tius' eyebrow went up as he regarded the two flits. "You have a bronze AND two firelizards. You never cease to amaze me." He paused, then eyed the green flit. "Why does that one have a mark?"

"Petty pick-pocketting, of course." Holding his hand out for the mark, Jacomus smiled. "Might have taught them a bit too well..."

The elder brother could only chuckle, then looked Casgar over. "So... Now that I can properly focus since nobody's getting... Torn apart... You're the one who's tamed my wild brother?"

Mx Cherie

Ch'bal and blue Anzoth

Flaring his wings as he landed, Anzoth looked about. They'd spent some time down a ways from the Weyr and nearby towns, both unsure about the people of the area. They both felt their nerves justified, after the reactions many Weyrs had already had between the east end of the Southern Continent and here. Still, they needed a Weyr, and probably somewhere to properly train them.

Ch'bal climbed down, patting his dragon on the shoulder. "There's some other dragons over that way, why not go be with them?"

A sudden bout of shyness overcame Anzoth. But what if they don't like me? What do I even say to them?

"I don't know, hi how are you mind if I join you?" Waving his hand, Ch'bal adjusted his scarf. "Whatever you do, don't get in any trouble. I... I need to eat something that's not tunnelsnake or wild wherry." There were the food tables, he just had to... Look natural, he supposed. They'd avoided the hatching, they weren't going to avoid the feast. While Anzoth took off to join the other dragons, Ch'bal made a straight line for food, mindful to not bump into anybody and shards and shells how tall were THOSE two?!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Candidate Rinis

Rinis found having some company made her a little braver. It was no longer her against everyone here. "Aleyath," she said getting a feel for the name, "it's a good name." She smiled as Chaek seemed to get along with the young dragon quite well.

The surprise was easy to see on her face when O'len said his dragon wanted to talk to her. Her? Sure enough another voice filled her head, like the gold's did on the beach. Rinis smiled as Aleyath bounced in front of her. "Hello to you to Aleyath. It's very good to meet you too!" She nodded, "yes I imagine he is. We missed lunch to see you and your fellows hatch."

Her cheeks flushed lightly at the courtesy. He was a weyrling now, and outranked her. Surely he should be going first? To cover her embarrassment, she gestured to the young dragon, "after you Aleyath." The shouting at the tables concerned her, but there wasn't much she could do about it.

Vosin and Killakeeth

The food was absolutely delicious. Vosin savored every bite. She'd have to compliment the cooks after the feast. They surely outdid themselves this time. As she ate, though, her eyes were constantly eyeing those around her. If no one was going to ask her to dance, she'd ask someone herself! She nodded as a courteous candidate came by and filled her wine for her.

How about that young nice boy Vosin? I can see him over there by the tables. Killakeeth commented. Ever the helpful matchmaking dragon. Perhaps he will impress a bronze for us. Vos nearly choked on her wine. Really, give them time to grow up dear and impress on their own. We will see. He is sweet though, I'll ask him.

Belly full, she was ready for a fun night! Vos stood up and scanned the tables for a particular boy. Besides he still needed to show her the toy he'd made his brother! She was dying to find out. With Killakeeth's help, she spotted her target and headed toward Mari.

Smerdle
O'len and Aleyath with Rinis

Thaliawen
Watch out Mari! Goldrider inbound!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 pm
L'nik and Brown Hessianth

For his sister, Hessianth sent back a wave of reassurance along with the mental equivalent of his side to lean on. Therianth's was having an emotional rollercoaster of a day, and he wouldn't press his luck in offering their company and support. She knew they were there, after all. Need me to go beat up Strigonth's? Would that make her feel better? there was a humor in the offer and L'nik reached out to grab one of those head knobs. We're not beating anybody up, L'nik insisted. Hessianth looked up at his bonded and L'nik could have sworn he felt a quiet 'That's what you think'.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 pm
With no dragonet to deal with, Migel was already at the feast shortly after its start. He wasn't terribly affected by the disappointment or sadness felt by so many candidates, but he did have a lot to think about.. What was going to happen now? More than ever before, the future seemed uncertain to him. They were stuck, and, for the first time since his parents had died, separated. Was there even any point in him staying in the Weyr now?

He spotted his friend arriving and unfolded his arms. He started to walk over, but on his way he saw Shahera moving towards the edge of the feast out of the corner of his eye and frowned. He'd heard her voice across the hall and surmised that she and Dolmar had gotten in a fight. Dolmar was.. an acquaintance. But he wouldn't call him a friend. He had no idea what the fight was about, but he knew whose side he was on.. Or maybe he was just looking for an excuse not to have this conversation right now.

"Be right back." he muttered, veering away towards the edge of the gather.

"Hey.." he said catching up to Shahera, tapping her arm gently. "What happened?"

faesinger

Mx Cherie

Revel1984

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm
Shahera sighed. “I know.” She wasn’t sure if it would ever be fine, right then. “There is always something to celebrate Serfie. Even the small things. You are entitled to that. No matter what else happens.” Shahera smiled a slightly more genuine smile at Serfie’s description of D’mar. But… “Don’t too be angry with him. He has a right to defend his choices.” He might not have gone about it in the best way, but she really should not have said that about his relationship with Marinel.

A vicious YES, was sent to Hessianth instinctually by Therianth. Make him pay! But then she took measure of Shahera’s remorse and worry about D’mar. No. Mine would feel guilty and it would only make things worse I fear.

At the arrival of Migel, Therianth brightened a little more. Another person cares! She sent love flowing over Shahera. Shahera, for her part, looked at Migel almost blankly. “We had a disagreement about a few things.” Shahera knew that both sides of the fight were at fault here and had no desire to create strife.

Revel1984

demon_pachabel

DruidTigeress

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 pm
L'nik of Brown Hessianth

Hessianth was already halfway to Strigonth when Therianth reconsidered, hesitating in his goal to go and headbutt D'mar in the knees. L'nik reached out with both hands to take the Brown's head, pulling the Hatchling back to him and running a hand gently over the side of his head. Hessianth thrummed, melting into the affections. Enough. They've both had a rough day and neither of us will improve it by running off to beat up Dolmar. Hessianth opened and closed his wings and snorted.

Well fine then.

Well if he does it again, I'll hold him while you beat him up, okay? he settled, if not happily, on such an offer left open for Therianth.

Faesinger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 pm
Serfie sighed "not for that kid who died, not for those mauled and can't come here... no .. nothing to celebrate for me" she didn't want to be too much of a downer, but Shahera was wrong about this for her anyway... she let her hand drop from Shahera's shoulder, arms limp by her side "he doesn't have the right to make you feel like crap for doing as you were told, look at that kid that ignored instruction and got between the dragons that were fighting, they nearly killed him, they nearly killed the white because of him... hell he could be dead by now" she said angrily for Shahera's sake.

When Migel arrived Serfie gave a small smile and shuffled back, Migel was Shahera's proper friend, Serfie was just someone who came in later. She'd appreciated the fact Migel hadn't left, despite her breakdown, but she felt awkward when there were more people around her, the feast was crowded enough.

faesinger

DruidTigeress
for mention of Migel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm
Isilje and White Brancath

Slowly, the dragonet moved from Isilje's lap, down to the floor to pace around Rio. It was like she was inspecting him, eyes whirling yellow and orange. She did not trust him....and yet here he was, trying to assuage her. Her Isilje's mind too...She could feel the feelings, strong, hope that she would accept the boy, and a deep care. As though....Oh, very well, Very well. You I will trust. Do not make me regret it. It was simple as that, her nose turned up as she moved to twine herself under the table, behind the smaller girl's legs. With a cry of delight, she stumbled to her feet and all but pounced a hug on Rio, eyes sparkling with delight, "I am glad for it. I've been so nervous. Western is warmer than High Reaches by far, and you're the first friend I made...Come, sit with me. Eat something. Surely you're hungry too."

Meepfur

Aelyx

Very slowly, she circled around her lover to stand at his side, just as the small blue began to sing. That was what it was, for while dragons might not be able to sing as a Harper might, they could do this. Her odd gaze turned over, warm and oddly calm, despite her worry. Hatchlings....of all of them, this one had been kind, gentle. A nod of thanks, and she was leaning back against Huarwar. The bonfire glittered in her eyes, she not quite daring to speak yet....no. Her heart hurt too greatly. If someone spoke to her, she might, but....for now.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 pm
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

The girl watched the woman go with her dragon into crowds, leaving her once again alone with her dragonet. "Well, lets do that then, yeah?" Kieza murmured, reaching down to rub one of Suwayeth's eye ridges gently. "Just caution to moderation. Little bits won't hurt." Yes! Please! Oh Kiezamine, let us try it! She smiled in appreciation as her dragonet's mood shifted to excitement, eyes whirling heavily of blue and green. A wonder. A true wonder dragons were. All the stories, all the lessons could never have prepared her for this, for the eddy of emotions and thoughts and images that assaulted her that were alien and she craved them like a thirsty creature at a dry watering hole. Kieza decided she would eat the greens herself, and she did, slowly, her appetite waning quickly. She had never been a hungering creature, but in a way she was eating for two. Suwayeth's mind added a sharpness to the grumbling of her stomach and made her aware that it was not hers, it was the dragonet's she was feeling!

"Come, my lovely. Let us try the meats, shall we? Just a little bit, remember that." She mockingly scolded the dragonet who just gave her a peevish look, head tilted to the side. Watch I don't eat your boots. The dragonet flicked out her tongue at her rider before dancing away a few steps and looking back to her.

Kieza just shook her head and followed her as closely as possible, meandering through the crowds. Suddenly Suwayeth paused in her forward motion, her head raising to peer off toward a small group. She let out a soft croon, before racing away from Kieza, who had to lift her dress to rush after the dragonet who almost danced her way through the crowds toward her quarry. Brancath! Brancath! Sistermine! The dragonet let out a soft bugle in greeting, noting her white darling sister. She pounced on the other dragonet, nuzzling her lovingly. Kieza caught up a moment later, breathing a touch heavier as she reached Isilje, Brancath and Rio. She looked wide-eyed at Suwayeth's actions before she felt the rush of love washing over her as her dragonet greeted her sister without care.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Meepfur

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:20 pm
Decisions needed to be made and for once she seemed to be less in control of her faculties and more, well just divided. Having a second mind wrapped so neatly around her own was a new experience to her and Amra was swiftly discovering that it was going to take time to adjust to the onslaught of Seirath's loving but somewhat demanding thoughts. If she wanted something the green would relay that thought immediately to her bonded without a filter and Amra always seemed to know what her small dragon was thinking. And it had only been hours!

What would her mind be like after a few months or years? Certainly she would adapt to it after a bit and find a way to keep her identity utterly separate, but for now the brunette became a part of her dragon, whims and all. Everything was wonderful after all and why should they be sitting alone inside the barracks while the whole Weyr was celebrating them? Celebrating her!

Oh that self centered streak was going to need attending to, Amra knew that.

At her dragon's behest she pulled out each outfit she'd made since coming to the Weyr and even some older ones that she'd had at the Courtesan Hall that had been tailored by her own hands to fit her growth spurt that had struck one last time after leaving. Amra towered over most women at 6'4" and clothing, including her still pristine white Candidate robe that she must remember to hand back, was either a custom made affair or something cut for men that had to be hemmed in for her to even consider. The latter was rarely an option as her taste in clothing was much too fine for anything that a man might consider.

With everything laid out before her Seirath took her time placing either a wing or tail against the different colors to see what complimented the best. It took a bit of time, but the little dragonet wanted to make an entrance and damn what the others wore, they would be the most beautiful pair to dance at the feast this night! When she had finally settled on something, a loose white skirt dyed with blues and teals shot through with green threading of various shades to give the impression of waves that would crash and dance when she twirled, and a soft green top with cut out shoulders and graceful sleeves that slowly changed to a deep green color at the ends, which only showed off part of her right hip and toned stomach thank you, the pair were nearly ready. Amra was not a fan of much makeup and often found that it darkened her expressions past her allowable levels, but for the night she swept on light green shadow and darkened her lips a bit. There would be food so she would not want to do overmuch.

Loose brown strands were a different story, her hands pulled and knotted them into different styles until she finally settled on a loose knot that hung down over her right shoulder. That would do for now, it was probably the last time she'd wear her hair in anything other than a high tail during her weyrling training and it fit her anyway.

Skin oiled and a glow to her that certainly no one could ignore, Seirath wove about Amra's feet in excitement, dark wings fluttering in a way that showed her emotions without any words. Casting a warm smile down at her beloved partner,
the piece to her heart that she had never even realized she was missing but had been searching through the darkness for, she decided to lift her into her strong arms and carry her to the Feast like the beauty that she was.

Of course it didn't help that they were running a bit behind, so when she scooped up Seirath Amra ran quickly towards the action with just enough time to hear Liat's rules laid out before them. She had no desire to cause any issues so many of the rules weren't directed towards her, though she would happily submit to them. The bonfire was not at all appealing, the sadness that she felt for the loss of a Candidate was true and honest, but this was a time to celebrate her new bond. Turning her eye to her small dragon she looked to the table laden with food and felt her stomach growl.

Amramine, maybe food first and then would you dance for your Seirath? The Harpers play and I wish to sing with them.

Laughing in her deep voice, the tall woman made for the tables and tried to decide what looked best, so much to choose from! Her distraction had her miss Seirath's wandering blue eyes that turned to her lovely green sister already at the table.

Nzambith, wonderful sister, have you found something delicious to eat other than those brains you were so interested in earlier?

SilverLutz
Sisters!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicara & Diesteth

In the shadows of the feast a large blue dragon let his neck curve as his head tilted back and forth, taking in everyone and everything happening about him with as little care as if he were watching children. In fact he was, his eyes shining at the argument that sparked such raised voices and anger at a celebration. These candidates and future Weyrlings had been through much but he wasn't sure the arguing was going to help mend any wounds, physical or otherwise.

"Don't let their arguments drag you down big guy, they are only teenagers and wounded ones at that." Nicara's hand ran across his neck from where she was sitting on his front leg. Bow and violin in hand, the dark haired woman drew it across the strings slowly, releasing a bright sound that had Diesteth humming in happiness.

Neither in the pair were the type to step out into this Feast, it was more about meeting the new weyrlings and allowing them to mingle with one another, there were some that had never been to Western Weyr until this hatching after all,
so learning their future brothers and sisters in flight was most important. Nothing in that interested them other than seeing what these weyrlings might do,
but two sets of blue eyes did settle on a redheaded form that stood apart from those gathered. Roana wouldn't have stood out more unless she happened to be another foot taller, all that hair.

Letting her violin laugh for her, a bright tune filled the quiet air about the two wallflowers.

SindersPath
Cuz she noticed her. XD Do what you will

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas