Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply โ—„ ๅตโ•‘ ๐“๐“ป๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ โ†ฌ สœษชแด…แด…แด‡ษด sแด›แดส€แด
โšก|| The Healing District [Hospital][+] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indefatigable Interloper

Distinct Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 pm
User Image

In a flash her sleeves were unfurled, hands back down to her sides, that spirit vanished as quickly as it had been summoned. Suzu had assumed wrong, but did not dwell on it. Instead another branch of the arts was posed. She reached into her robes and withdrew her journal, holding it open to a page of notes and doodles with the very most basic sealing methods. "Fuuinjutsu? Yes, teacher."

Their conversation would be interrupted by a nurse who came to inform Kagerou that the young man had woken up and the specifics of his injuries and treatment. It was all Greek to Suzu, who instead wandered to the door she had seen the tech leave from, and stand in the doorway of Kirisei's room. He was awake, so all must have gone well.

้Š€่Š

Current BGM:
Stats
Arashigakure Registration #382930675
Village ArashigakurexxxxxTitle GeninxxxxxRank Dxxxxx
Chakra 400 / 400xxxxxStamina 200 / 200xxxxx
Strength: 0xxxxxxSpeed: 0xxxxxxReflex: 0xxxxxxFortitude: 0
Energy Recovery : [ -- / -- ]
Active Techniques:
[ - Rank ]

Passives:
โ€ข None
Personal Attributes:
โ€ข Black Lightning: Raiton techniques are black in color. The user can pay an extra ten chakra per rank of the technique to empower their Raiton or Suiton techniques with Ranton chakra. This effectively turns them into plasma based attacks, treated as bloodline techs.
โ€ข Vulcan: Bonus 100 Chakra
โ€ข Conductivity: Begin with any two of the following: 1 tai, 1 buki, or 10 ninjutsu.
Classes, Reductions, & Abilities:
โ—‹ Fuuinjutsu Class โ€ข Learn [2] extra Ninjutsu techniques per post.
xxxxxโ€ขExperimental Duration: Barrier/Sealing +2 Duration, -10 Chakra
xxxxxโ€ขInscriptions of Power: Overwhelms techniques of same rank
xxxxxโ€ขSpecialization: Fuuinjutsu -5 Chakra
โ—‹ Ranton Bloodline โ€ข Learn [1] extra Suiton Ninjutsu technique per post.
โ—‹ Ranton Bloodline โ€ข Learn [1] extra Raiiton Ninjutsu technique per post.
Tags
HeadlessKoko
The Wild Hunt
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:53 pm
User Image
With the quick look she got at Suzume's notebook, Kagerou understood that, sudden change in demeanor aside, this was an art that Suzume was interested in. She didn't get long enough to say much more on the topic, however.

After speaking Greek with the friendly nurse who was nice enough to update her on Kirisei's condition, Kagerou shot a glance at Suzume and saw that she was occupied. Then she glanced at the door to the hospital. There, people were glancing to the side themselves as they entered and exited the hospital, the same side every time. Curious, she used a few hand signs and a bit of her chakra to create a shadow clone to investigate.

Clone Kagerou stepped out the hospital, and peeked over at the side that was drawing so much attention.

The real Kagerou, meanwhile, turned back around and entered Kirisei's room with a clipboard in hand, giving Suzume's head a light pat-pat as she passed around the child. "You had a nasty fall down the stairs there," Kagerou greeted the patient, ever smiling. Standing besides his bed, she placed a hand lightly on his forehead to check for any fevers. There were none, luckily. Her voice still lilting gently and calmly, she rattled off a list of injuries that were anything but calming, "A compound fracture in your leg, a sprained ankle in the other leg, a broken rib, a concussion, luckily minor neck and spine injuries, and bruises all over your body. At this point, I'm honestly surprised that nothing has happened to your arms," but hopefully her delivery would soothe the alarm that the news would bring. Lowering the clipboard, she looked straight at Kirisei as she asked him the most important question, "So, you're most definitely hurting, but I think it's worth asking anyways. How are you feeling?". An arched eyebrow gave a casual air to the piercing gaze Kagerou's red eyes gave Kirisei. She still meant well, as made evident by her smile, but she was all too used to patients, ninjas in particular, putting on a brave front.
โฆโฆโฆโฆโฆโฆโฆ โฆโฆโฆโฆโฆโฆ

เฎ โ™ช~โ™ซ-~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~~-โ™ชโ™ชโ™ซ โง a c t i v e s โ˜™ โ™ซโ™ชโ™ช-~~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~-โ™ซ~โ™ช เฎ

. . .

เฎ โ™ช~โ™ซ-~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~~-โ™ชโ™ชโ™ซ โง c h a k r a โ˜™ โ™ซโ™ชโ™ช-~~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~-โ™ซ~โ™ช เฎ

Chakra Pool: 550/635
Stamina Pool: 350/370

Clone Chakra Pool: 35/35
Stamina Pool: 20/20

เฎ โ™ช~โ™ซ-~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~~-โ™ชโ™ชโ™ซ โง p a s s i v e s โ˜™ โ™ซโ™ชโ™ช-~~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~-โ™ซ~โ™ช เฎ

Indefatigable Interloper

The Wild Hunt

Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                              So many strange things happened as he slept. He could scarcely cover them all -- the thoughts, the memories, the emotions. He remembered what his father wanted to name him. The Hyuuga man who had raised him, when his mother - Takimi Uzumaki - had long since passed. He had always been very fond of his father, who had done a great many things to raise a difficult child among sorrowful circumstances, and physical debilitation.

He had used his Byakugan to the greatest of his ability -- he had seen the world around him with clarity greater than those whose legs could move onward, and had lived a full and charming life. And meanwhile . . . the son he raised left him behind, and all that he wanted of him. The name he was born with, Satoru, was left in the dust. He'd taken his mother's name rather than his father's, by his own choice.

Sitting here now, in the shrill agony that he currently experienced, he knew that he was not even fractionally as broken as the father who raised him. The pain, physical and emotional, and all the restrictiveness of a fragile body and failed legs . . . his dad had suffered much.

That was the take-away from that anguished nightmare. He had felt, more directly than the skull-splitting pain . . . everything wrong with all that he had done.

The boy glanced Kagerou in the eyes as she asked him: how he felt. Despite it all. He... didn't really acknowledge the pain, or the injuries. Any of that. "Oh." He simply said. That was all he could really say -- the end and beginning of his thoughts. What did it really matter? These injuries were...

"Tebaisa . . ." he frowned, with a heavy sigh. Bandages were all over him; they covered large swaths of his body. "Thank you. You really saved my life. From what little moments where my eyes crept open, I saw you and the other girl and --"

His eyes... began to tear up. He did not understand why. "I'm sorry. But I really, really, really appreciate you. Thank you both."

Indefatigable Interloper

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 pm
User Image

Was he crying? Why was he crying? Suzume left out sympathy sniffle, wiping a tear away from her eye and pretending to be interesting in something outside. This was a lot to deal with for a first day, and wasn't sure how to process the experience. She didn't actually do anything to help him out, and here he was thanking her for being alive. Honestly...

้Š€่Š

Current BGM:
Stats
Chakra 400 / 400xxxxxStamina 300 / 300xxxxx
Active Techniques:
[ - Rank ]

Passives:
โ€ข None
Personal Attributes:
โ€ข Black Lightning: Raiton techniques are black in color. The user can pay an extra ten chakra per rank of the technique to empower their Raiton or Suiton techniques with Ranton chakra. This effectively turns them into plasma based attacks, treated as bloodline techs.
โ€ข Conductivity: Begin with any two of the following: 1 tai, 1 buki, or 10 ninjutsu.
Tags
HeadlessKoko
The Wild Hunt
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Indefatigable Interloper

Distinct Smoker

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 pm
User Image
โฆ‰ Good luck when you wake up and realize all that you've lost. xxxxxxxxxx Shining lies are what you're made of. I hope it's worth the price that it costs. โฆŠ
โ Funny how history ends in an instant, how something so close can end up so distant. โž

โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€

ใ€ T W E N T Y - O N E โฆ S I L E N T โฆ G U A R D I A N ใ€‘
โ—ข S h a d o w H รบ n y i s t รญ r โ—ฃ
ใ€ A - R A N K โฆ S E A L E R - P U P P E T E E R โฆ U K Y O ใ€‘

[x] I lost track of how long exactly I waited by the entrance to the hospital, though I felt the majority of that came from the fact I was exhausted. Pent up stress and lack of proper sleep were starting to get to me again. To the point I'm fairly certain I managed to doze off leaning against the wall. But at some point I couldn't nap because everyone that passed felt the need to glance in my direction. What was wrong with me enjoying the fresh air while waiting for the person I was there for? Was it the ears? Most people didn't even notice them anymore thanks to the mop I called hair, so that seemed unlikely. I shot a scathing glare at the most recent of these peepers, who hurried on their way once they realized I was looking.

Whether it was because I was attracting needless attention by existing or she was actually on her way out, though, Kagerou stepped through the doors as the person I'd stared daggers into hurried inside. Presumably to check if I'd actually thrown something at them. And, like all the others, Kagerou glanced in my direction to investigate what was going on. So option one had been the correct one. I think I spotted her though before she saw me, as she didn't say anything. Leaving me in a bit of an awkward situation because I'd vaguely hoped she would confront me first. Clenching my jaw, I sighed inwardly and pushed off the wall.

I turned to face Kagerou, and hesitated, social anxiety taking over and freezing me like usual. I found myself unable to meet her gaze. What was I even confronting her for? Hoping she would give me some sort of answer? Maybe I hadn't followed her because I wanted to say anything at all. There was just something comforting about a familiar face.

No, stop, that's not why we're here. I diverted my gaze to the side, pulling myself together before forcing myself to say what I'd gone there for. "Why did you join Arashi?" Really? Not even a 'hello'? Or a 'glad to see you're doing well'. I realized after the words left my mouth that I should have at least said something. It had been five years. We hardly knew each other, but even the small connection to the village--barring my own feelings thanks to... a particular event--was a weird sort of comforting. And maybe that was why I jumped the gun. My brashness caused me to falter again. "I-I..." Damn it.

I mumbled a "Sorry..." under my breath, and attempted to save myself by explaining the situation. "I might be forced to leave if I don't accept Storm's headband." ...And? There was more to the story than that. I didn't want to be forced into an allegiance I didn't believe in, but this was the only home I had now. Waiting had given me time to think about that. I had no idea where I would go if I did leave. Any other village would likely give me the same treatment, but I couldn't afford to live without the resources the city provided. Not to mention the security, though that was debatable given the way I'd been treated by the village's police dog at the idea of just being a mercenary. But, just like they had in the office, my words failed me. I closed my mouth with a grimace, waiting see how Kagerou reacted to the sudden question.

tab โ–ˆ.CHAKRA : 1465 / 1470 โ–ˆ.STAMINA : 1020 / 1020 โ–ˆ.STATUS : None

tab โ–ˆ.AC : 90220 โ–ˆ.RYO : ไธก30630 โ–ˆ.HEALTH : Fine โ–ˆ.INJURIES : Bruising on torso and arms. โ–ˆ.MOOD : Neutral

โ–€โ–€โ–€I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€

Techniques Used:
โ€ข

HeadlessKoko

โ–€โ–€โ–€Artwork and character ยฉ Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm
User Image
The green haired medic continued to gently smile down the boy. "No need to feel sorry," she gently patted his head, "Isn't it only natural to help- Ah?". She noticed just then, as she bent over to make eye contact with the downcast eyes of the child, that he was crying, or began to.

Straightening up, Kagerou heard a sniffle come from the door as well, and with a quick glance, she saw that Suzume was turned away, probably also driven to tears of some sort. What a sweet girl for feeling someone else's pain... Though, Kagerou couldn't discount the possibility that maybe the other child was simply extra sensitive because... Well, Kagerou felt fine under all this pressure, but she did realize that there had been a lot of pressure in these last few minutes, especially for a genin who was just seeking out a squad.

Kagerou didn't know what was going on in the heads of either of the two, but her intuition told her that there was more to their distress than what met her eyes. Quietly, giving each their room, she sat down on a chair against the wall and... she began to hum a gentle introduction. She couldn't know what to say, being anywhere between uncertain to outright clueless as she was about each genin's woes, but she always did feel that music could always help the heart.

Pulling out a blank journal and pen from her sleeves, Kagerou transitioned from a bittersweet humming to soft lyrics. It wasn't in English, or whatever the common language of the shinobi world was, but that was okay. It wouldn't jar with whatever thoughts raced through the minds of the other two, and if they were curious about the meaning of the song, then they can just ask Kagerou.

While she sang, Kagerou's hand danced slowly across the blank page she had opened across her lap, drawing clean and basic inscriptions across the page with a pen. The motions fit perfectly with the song. Though, if anyone decided to peek at exactly what she wrote, they would find a jarringly crisp and systematic series of notes in the making, the annotations pointing to and set around the equally neatly drawn seal that they described.

เฎ โ™ช~โ™ซ-~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~~-โ™ชโ™ชโ™ซ โง a c t i v e s โ˜™ โ™ซโ™ชโ™ช-~~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~-โ™ซ~โ™ช เฎ

. . .

เฎ โ™ช~โ™ซ-~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~~-โ™ชโ™ชโ™ซ โง c h a k r a โ˜™ โ™ซโ™ชโ™ช-~~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~-โ™ซ~โ™ช เฎ

เฎ โ™ช~โ™ซ-~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~~-โ™ชโ™ชโ™ซ โง p a s s i v e s โ˜™ โ™ซโ™ชโ™ช-~~โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ~-โ™ซ~โ™ช เฎ

Indefatigable Interloper

The Wild Hunt

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Indefatigable Interloper

Distinct Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm
User Image

There was a bit of singing, which helped ease her frayed nerves. But when Suzu's sights came back to the happenings in the room itself, she was entranced. She drew out her notebook and brush, taking a stool from the counter all while watching the markings grow.

It was basic, but it was there. She could see the familiar patterns starting to emerge. Pulling her sleeve back she started to copy them, slowing down as they became more complex. Kagerou was giving them a basic understanding, but what she hungered for was complexity. She would start her design over, writing in smaller strokes and condensing the formula tighter and tighter.
[Learned: Fลซnyลซ no Jutsu (E, D, C, B) ]
[Mission: Learn a Jutsu]

However, when she shifted her eyes and turned the book, she found another method to improve the seal's efficiency. She tore out the old pages, done with the ability to seal objects, and moved on to reversing the flow of chakra in the formation. It would unfolded the collapsed spacetime back to its original form, faster than could be seen. Interesting. Already she was curious as to the application. She kept looking back and forth at Kagerou's notes, her fingers stained with ink.
[Learned: Kaifลซ no Jutsu (E, D, C, B)]

This the two of these formations together, she thought, the basics of contracts became possible. From the academy she recalled being shown the formula. Unable to do it from memory, she'd arranged the architecture enough to replicate the seal's function. But like a remainder in an equation, there were some leftovers to what she had written down. There was a blood component necessary for contracts, so she couldn't test her math yet.
[Learned: Kuchiyose no Jutsu (C, B)]

Suzume nodded to herself and started on a fresh sheet, scribbling away for another minute. Finally she held up the B ranked formations for sealing unsealing, and summoning for Kagerou to examine, like a student trying to get their test graded.

้Š€่Š

Current BGM:
Stats
Chakra 400 / 400xxxxxStamina 300 / 300xxxxx
Active Techniques:
[ - Rank ]

Passives:
โ€ข None
Personal Attributes:
Tags
HeadlessKoko
The Wild Hunt
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pm
User Image
Clone Kagerou caught herself staring at Shadow for more than just the cursory glance that was acceptable for staring at a "stranger, but before she could correct that blunder, the "stranger" spoke to her. More than just speak to her. He asked her a rather personal question, and in such a rush that his greeting had been said question. There wasn't even a preamble to ask why.

What Kagerou should have done in response was to look confused, turn her head side to side as if she was expecting to Shadow to be addressing someone behind her. After all, Shadow had been so keen on avoiding her earlier, and Kagerou had yet to verify why he had avoided her. If it was because he wanted to hide his identity, then Kagerou couldn't act like she knew him.

However, instead of playing it safe like she should have done, Kagerou gazed steadily at Shadow as she stepped completely outside. Even though Shadow avoided her gaze, there could be no mistake that Shadow was speaking to her, even if there had not been explicit verification. It was in the way that he took in her features right before turning way. It was in the way he spoke, steadily but awkwardly, in a way that was filled with holes of hesitation. It was in the way his fists clenched with effort and frustration.

Oh, and of course, how could anyone forget Shadow's ears? His tail may have been hidden behind him, but his ears could still be seen shifting beneath his untidy mop of a head. It made the clone Kagerou giggle as she recalled how a certain someone else's tentacles were also the most honest part about them.

It was okay if Shadow forgot a greeting. That just meant Kagerou could make whatever greeting she wanted. She chose to reference the observation she had just made about Shadow's ears just now. "Well then, I don't know what you're going to choose, but I'm glad that you at least came to talk to me before you left, Shadow." A comical huff as Kagerou bantered. Her mock anger was clear, especially the "mock" part of it since she looked so very happy. "I was thinking... Well, that doesn't matter... Hey, by the way, do you remember that pale, eccentric four-eyes who was harassing you until you avoided me and slipped away? Your ears are a lot like his tentacles. They both appear to be a lot more expressive than their main bodies. Ufufufu."

The smile and laughter were, as always, genuine. However, at the same time, quick thoughts flowed from one point to another beneath the casual expressions of joy. As happy as Kagerou was to see Shadow, she was equally diligent in making sure that she didn't mess up this conversation. The same signs that told her that Shadow really had come to talk to her also told her that right now, he was in the mental equivalent of a precipice. Not to mention, since she learned that Shadow was in the village, the overly friendly Kagerou had been dying to meet and talk to him. Catch up with him and also figure out why he was avoiding her, figure out what happened that made him wish to feign ignorance of her. Though, right now wasn't the time for any of that.

Right now was the time to answer Shadow's questions, or the ones Kagerou could answer. "Why don't we take a short walk then I'll answer you question? The real me is in the building so I can't go too far away, but there's a nice park right on the other side of the building," Kagerou suggested as she led the way. It was no good to be crowding up the entrance to the hospital.

The walk was silent, and Kagerou didn't say a word until she reached her the small park she had mentioned. She hoped that the walk gave time for Shadow to calm down. Kagerou knew that she needed the time to figure out what she wanted to say.

When she stopped to admire some flowering bushes, she began talking, smiling amiably throughout. Her tone was conversational, light-hearted, and open.

"I find it strange that a ninja village doesn't welcome wandering nin, but I suppose that's just Arashi's way of running things. I can see it being a price they pay for their lax physical security; they feel like they need to have a stronger control over the minds of their soldiers, even if the only proof is something as flimsy as one's word.

"Anyways, I came to Arashigakure because my grandparents' told me to. It was only natural for them, and by extension me, to continue acting in the interests of the village's people even if the village itself was no more. Part of that included sticking me here for, well, a lot of reasons. To help the Kiri refugees and to continue my training, to name two. Then, basically, there were reasons from those reasons for why I decided to formally join Arashi. It was courteous to do so. It was convenient to do so. Most of all, I don't think it makes sense to expect to be able to protect only one part of the village without also protecting the rest of it. Plus, since I joined maybe, um... a few weeks ago? Yeah, a few weeks, I've come to like this place, so now, there are definitely people in here that I'd want to protect, too."

Looking up from the bushes to make eye contact with Shadow, Kagerou watched his reaction after she had said what she wanted to say. Was she going to say something profound now? Was she going to give Shadow an answer to his unsaid question? The question of what choice he should make?

Nay, or is it "Nya"?

"Eheheh," almost shamelessly considering the gravity of the situation, Kagerou giggled again, "You know, I just noticed... Back at the hospital entrance and even here, you've been kind of looking like a kitty cat that's been abandoned~ Just get a cardboard box and a "for adoption" sign and it'll be purrfect~". In her (not-so) infinite wisdom, Kagerou had decided to make an analogy.

. . .

Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:15 am
User Image
Kagerou had nodded encouragingly when she saw Suzume pull up a stool and begin copying off of her written lessons, but her attention was, understandably, mostly on the crippled patient. She watched him for any signs of... anything, really. She wasn't sure what to expect from this stranger.

As such, when Suzume held out her notebook for Kagerou to grade, Kagerou was just a little bit surprised. Her eyebrows raised and her eyes widened as she looked over Suzume's work. However, her voice didn't break and she didn't stop singing even as she put aside the seals she was writing to gently take Suzume's notebook into her own hands. Checking the work Suzume had done in just these past few minutes elicited more nods from Kagerou.

She finished singing some time during her checking of Suzume's work. "This is very impressive," Kagerou complimented, pointing out and praising what Suzume had managed to figure out by herself, but she wasn't done yet. Suzume's understanding of the basics was solid, and she was spot on in how the higher levels of the basic formulas were mostly achieved by condensing. However, Kagerou could still offer a few corrections and pointers, "Now, here you should...," because, after all, there were some shortcuts and stabilizers that weren't just directly contrived. In her own book, she quickly added more notes regarding the pointers she was explaining since visual learning seemed to be such a hit for Suzume. Still, with how much Suzume had accomplished by herself, Kagerou felt confident in telling her, "Okay? Just study these notes and remember them for next time and you should be fine," instead of making her spend time right now that could be used moving on to learning something different.

While Suzume finished writing her notes, Kagerou returned her attention to the still mute patient. He looked... blank was the best way she could describe him.

"Suzume," Kagerou requested as she turned back to the small girl, "Could you be my assistant for a little bit as I diagnose the patient? I just need you to take the notepad on the table besides the bed there and write down whatever you see happen between me and the boy over there, okay? Though... You don't have to if you dont want to. You can look through my notebook here instead if you'd like, I think the earlier pages have some notes you might be able to learn from."

After giving Suzume her options, and of course the unspoken option of just leaving was always open, Kagerou stood. She neatly placed her notebook, the notes she had mentioned to Suzume earlier, on the chair she had just risen from, and walked over to the medical cabinets. Foreboding, right? Nah. Kagerou was just there to get some hand sanitizer. [Purification; 1/2] [psychiatry]

Rubbing the sanitizer into her hands and wrists, Kagerou casually mentioned, "First step in any hospital procedure, sanitize to prevent the spread of infection and disease," as if she was talking to herself as she approached the hospital bed. Admittedly, the patient was, despite the sheer number of injuries, not in a particularly critical state when it came to infections. Nonetheless, it was always better to be safe than sorry. [Purification; 2/2] [psychiatry]

Earlier, he appeared coherent, but it could never hurt to double check. Bringing up another chair, Kagerou sat right besides the bed now and, with a harmless smile, considered the patient up-close for a few moments before speaking. "Hi. If you don't mind, could you answer some questions for me?". She held up three fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up?". Once he, presumably, answered correctly, she lowered her hand and moved onto the next question. "Okay, very good. Do you remember what your name is?". [Diagnosis; 1/1] [psychiatry]

. . .

Chakra Pool: 590/635
Stamina Pool: 370/370

Indefatigable Interloper

The Wild Hunt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                              Immediately, he felt a gentle warmth from both Kagerou and Suzume. They observed as his eyes were lit with the gloss of oncoming tears, and even responded with emotions of their own in turn. True empathy was rare to see, and Christian -- or perhaps Satoru -- loved and admired it when he witnessed it glimmering before him. He smiled, faintly, though his consciousness teetered and even waned -- in and out of true perception, into a state of worrying dizziness that he could scarcely describe.

It felt... scary, but also, beautiful. Enlightening. Beneath his broken nostrils, he could smell a nostalgic fragrance. No, not entirely a fragrance, but . . . something born naturally out of the world. The sea, shells, incense cracked upon the edge of a patio overlooking the shining sea.

And then, finally, he returned back to the sapient world. The world where two people before him seemed to actually care, where three fingers were waving in front of his eyes. And then, he raised his own set of three fingers, and grinned.

"Kirisei Uzumaki. I was born Satoru Hide, back when we were still immigrants. Some would say... refugees, fleeing the great destruction of Konohagakure. Something kept my father and mother from going to Uzushio, where we belonged. And for some reason, they gave me the name 'Uzumaki' as if it wouldn't carry the stigma of being named after the one remaining enemy. I--"

Why was he going on a tangent? He didn't know. He was reflecting. The injuries had given him a lot of time to think.

"You're... an Uchiha, aren't you?" he asked. He could tell by... a variety of different things. In his earlier years, he had known many Uchiha well. Friends and adults that watched over him. Even his teachers. In some way, he almost felt that Kagerou was the one to have truly brought his reminiscence to the fold.

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 am
User Image
The patient's, be it Kirisei Uzumaki's or Satoru Hide's, mind appeared to be in sound condition, if a bit lost in thought. Giving that gentle smile of hers, Kagerou straightened up as she listened patiently to Kirisei's (Satoru's?) stream of conscious. At some point, she pulled over a chair to sit on. The genin might have thought that it was a questionable tangent, but the medic, always the good listener, showed interest in whatever there was to be said, nodding occasionally as she kept a steady gaze on the speaker. These were legitimate concerns, but Kagerou also wanted to let the one concerned know that it was okay to relax.

When the topic suddenly came around to her without warning, and identifying her as an Uchiha no less, Kagerou started. She cocked her head inquisitively, wondering what could have given away the heritage she had been hiding since joining Arashigakure. Her eyebrows raised in an expression of surprise. Although, while caught off guard, she didn't appear particularly troubled or even bothered by this sudden turn of events.

"Indeed, though I go by Kiritani, Kagerou Kiritani, since joining Arashi," Kagerou acknowledged, "Quite perceptive of you, nonetheless. How did you know?" as she proceeded to pick up a clipboard hanging off the edge of the bed and flip through it. Maybe, instead of telling the patient to relax, she should just converse with him until he did. Clearly, when one was in the hospital, the best thing to converse about was one's medical records... or... was that just something only Kagerou like to do?

Name: Kirisei Uzumaki
    Alias: Christian Uzumaki
    Recovery time: ...

Oof. That was on helluva long recovery time. It prompted Kagerou to add on, "Also, if you could tell me... When you fell down the stairs, were you on your way to do something?..." Usually, at least back in Kiri, the hospital would have a way of knowing when a patient needed rapid healing, but sometimes things slipped through the cracks so it was always good to ask.

After glancing at the name one more time, Kagerou added another question, "Um... Also, between Satoru, Kirisei, and Christian, which would you prefer I call you?".

. . .

Chakra Pool: 570/635

The Wild Hunt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:54 pm
Diana walked through the halls of the hospital, she adjusted her black wide brimmed hat. She always walked with purpose even when she didnโ€™t have one, in her mind she was always on a mission. But in a way her mission was to be better then she was yesterday. She walked through the winding corridors and doors to find herself in the archives room. She didnโ€™t really see anyone around but she saw an empty desk and a small chair. Pulling a box from the wall, she brought it over to the desk and sat down. Her own personal studies started now, She pulled a book from the box and opened it to the contents of itโ€™s pages. She began to read about the more offensive medical techniques. There was something about being an offensive medical nin that intrigued her.

She stood up and looked down at the pages, she enjoyed her studies but loathed the fact that she couldnโ€™t sit still for too long. She began to channel chakra from her core into her finger tips as the book instructed. She wanted to make sure that she was doing this technique right and right the first time. The chakra surged through her and to her finger tips โ€˜ Upon contact this should intensify pain within another shinobi โ€˜ she liked the thought of being a healer but also being able to defend herself.

[[ Itami Gekka [ Pain Intensification ] - Learned ]]

She wanted to delve deeper into the offensive medical Jutsu and continued to flip through the pages, learning that one technique made her feel amazing but there was more to learn. The pages were exhaustive and extensive but the expected nothing less with things that effected the body and directly as these Jutsu. The first technique taught her how to use her chakra to intensify pain. The next one that she stumbled across was how to make her chakra stagnate blood. From the description, channeling her chakra in the same way was going to be the most effective but it was be superficial until she would be able to actually try this on another shinobi. With her obersvations with her mother, stagnation of the Chi or blood would prove extremely useful in inducing pain in another. She placed her palms together and dissipated the ambient chakra to move onto another technique.

Ketsueki Juutai [ Blood Stagnation ] - Learned

JovianGrey11

JovianGrey11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:14 pm
Diana placed the book back into the box and reached for another, the archives were dark and dank but there was knowledge to be found here. She pulled another and looked it over; it described a strictly offensive technique. She was happy that she was able to find techniques that made it possible for Medical-Nin to pull on their strengths. She read it over and love what it had to say. It seemed like it was a mix of ealemental Jutsu and Medical to produce a taser-like effect. She again stood up and used the hand signs that were shown and her hand glowed with this chakra. Placing her palms together, she dispelled this chakra with a slight shock. She was happy that she would be able to properly defend herself when the time came.

Suji dageki [ Muscle Shock ] - Learned

She turned the pages and sat down at the desk once again, she wanted to continue her research further into the medically offensive Jutsu. Placing her head on her hand she continued to read through the medical book so see what else that she could learn. Not only did she want to be a medically offensive shinobi... she wanted to be the authority in it. She same upon another Jutsu that was more powerful then the last and caused a disconnect with the body upon contact, she had heard of something like this in the past where people with a missing limb would reach for something with the disconnected limb. This would be a great way to take an opponent off guard, she read this over and made sure that she had a good understanding of the Jutsu. This would have to make her in close contact with the opponent so something else would have to be learned to bring her in close.

Gen'eishi [ Phantom Limb ] - Learned and understood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm
User Image
โฆ‰ Good luck when you wake up and realize all that you've lost. xxxxxxxxxx Shining lies are what you're made of. I hope it's worth the price that it costs. โฆŠ
โ Funny how history ends in an instant, how something so close can end up so distant. โž

โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€

ใ€ T W E N T Y - O N E โฆ S I L E N T โฆ G U A R D I A N ใ€‘
โ—ข S h a d o w H รบ n y i s t รญ r โ—ฃ
ใ€ A - R A N K โฆ S E A L E R - P U P P E T E E R โฆ U K Y O ใ€‘

[Sorry for the wait.]

[x] I wasn't sure how I expected Kagerou to respond to my rash words. I half expected her to call me out for being rude, or just keep going to wherever she'd intended. After all, I'd gone out of my way to avoid her before. Then again, I just by default expected the worst out of people. Which is why when she responded I found myself surprised enough to turn my gaze back to her. She was glad I'd come to talk before making my decision. Her expression told of feigned anger than her eyes ignored, reflecting the smile she always had that returned not a moment later. She then made a comment about the gray man, Toso, being as easy to read, tentacles giving him away in the same way my ears gave me away. I felt my face flush a bit, and my ears pressed to the sides of my head.

The embarrassment was short-lived thankfully, and I hoped she didn't notice. But knowing what little of her I did know, she was well aware, and probably wouldn't say anything about it. Maybe. She moved on, offering to go for a walk, and I inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. It was cut short, however, when she mentioned the 'real' her was inside the building. So she was a clone. I'm not sure why that upset me. It's not like it was any less her. That's how Kage Bunshin worked. She would receive the memories of the clone one it dissipated, as if she'd had them all along.

Maybe I was upset because it was something Jack always did. I couldn't honestly say how often I actually got to speak to him face to face.

That was one emotion I made sure to keep hidden. I didn't want her to know. She'd already read me too well. Though I wasn't sure why that mattered. I'd gone to her in trust, not the other way around. So there must be some reason behind it. We didn't exactly know each other that well, having only spoken for a brief time after I lost my memory and then was ripped away from Kirigakure. But to be honest that was probably more than I'd interacted with almost anyone else.

I followed in silence behind Kagerou as she led the way to a small park off to one side of the hospital. It did give me the chance to gather my thoughts at the very least. Or what thoughts I actually had. My mind was a bit scattered at the moment, which wasn't necessarily new. It'd been hard to focus on anything really for a while. And exhaustion didn't help with that either. Eventually though, Kagerou stopped to view some flowers, and spoke again.

She remarked on Arashigakure's behavior toward wandering shinobi. One's word was something that couldn't be depended on. Actions always spoke louder, and I'd done a lot for the village. I was no less trustworthy than the Arashikages' dog, even if I wasn't blatantly loyal like he was. He was just as likely to turn on the village as anyone else. So why did it matter that I didn't want to take the headband?

Then again, look at where we came from.

Kagerou's grandparents asked her to help out in the storm village, to aid refugees from Kiri who had decided to settle there adjust to their new life. Not to mention she liked the place, and wanted to protect it. Her words, as much as I didn't like them, made more sense than my half-assed attempt to defend my reasoning. I felt my chest grow tight, though I wasn't sure if it was from anger or something else. Why was I resisting so much? There was nothing to go back to. But then... what about the curse? It was only a matter of time before it decided to take me. Or maybe Junan would find me first. What about Saiken? What if they found out I was a jinchuuriki? No one knew, except Sypher and he was dead. Assumed dead anyway. "I see."

I tore my gaze from the flowerbed to the young woman before me, not entirely sure what I was going to say but with every intention saying something, but she made another comment. This time teasing that I looked like an abandoned cat and needed a box with a 'for adoption' sign on it. I scowled at her, but half wondered if she was trying to say something without directly giving me an answer. So, what, I should ask to join the village? Of course, she could have also not meant anything with it, which made it all the more frustrating.

With a huff, I looked away, considering what to say in response. "It... really isn't all that bad here. It's too normal. But..." My gaze turned to the Kage's tower in the distance. "I guess I'm mostly worried about how..." I hesitated. "How people might react if they find out, you know... what happened. I won't be trusted." I was referring to the letter I'd sent her so long ago. Of course, I neither knew if she'd gotten it, or even remembered it. Or cared about the message I sent. So I almost expected her to ask what I was talking about.

tab โ–ˆ.CHAKRA : 1465 / 1470 โ–ˆ.STAMINA : 1020 / 1020 โ–ˆ.STATUS : None

tab โ–ˆ.AC : 90220 โ–ˆ.RYO : ไธก30630 โ–ˆ.HEALTH : Fine โ–ˆ.INJURIES : Bruising on torso and arms. โ–ˆ.MOOD : Neutral

โ–€โ–€โ–€I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€

Techniques Used:
โ€ข

HeadlessKoko

โ–€โ–€โ–€Artwork and character ยฉ Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

JovianGrey11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 pm
Diana continued to thumb through we studies, she was on a good a constant roll. She read over various medical documents that were available to her and indulged herself in learning what she could able to history of medical-nin within the village. She wanted to do her mom proud and with her studies... she fully intended on it. Within the next chapter, she came across a means to escape or make her opponent laugh. This would make a fight take a turn for the more humorous, she (like the others) read intently. She knew that in this enclosed space it wouldnโ€™t be smart... this was going to have to be a Jutsu that she would have to demonstrate later. She put herself into learning the best that she could. It was a โ€™Laughing Gasโ€™. Though unleashing it within the archives would be a little funny... she would eventually just annoy herself; but the thought did cross her mind. She read over the section a few time before deciding that she needed to move on. She turned to the next page and continued to read

Okashii Gasu [ Laughing Gas ] - learned and understood

She continued to go through the book, one technique to the next and the next seemed more interesting then the last. She wanted to be the best and she was going to be. She got to more of the organ studies and they interested her the most, this technique in particular was very interesting. The movement of chakra was interesting and it would be a way to put down an enemy. She concentrated her chakra into her palm and they started to glow in the iridescence of her chakra. She stepped away from the desk and made thrusting motions with her hands. This technique was to make lungs and possibly other organs collapse.

Runge Suibou [ Lung Collapse ] - Learned

After reading for a while, she needed some air... not before learning one more technique. She wanted to be the best that she could be and she was going to be it, her discovery of her own personal power made her feel more powerful. She placed the book back into the box and took another, this one seemed like a direct Jutsu manual and she loved it. She opened it on the desk and practiced the handsigns, she had a feeling that she would need more room to be able to able to fully utilize this Jutsu. This was like the technique she already knew only with her medical powress. She used the release handsign and her body felt light and she felt herself vanish; only to appear at the entrance of the hospital.

Eiseijutsu: Kuro Shunshin no Jutsu [ Medical Release: Dark Instant Movement Technique ] - Learned

[[ // exit ]]

โ—„ ๅตโ•‘ ๐“๐“ป๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ โ†ฌ สœษชแด…แด…แด‡ษด sแด›แดส€แด

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games