Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
Destiny City Botanical Garden’s Holiday Extravaganza (p 11 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:54 pm
Jason Wolf

Jason could practically see the non-caring on the guy's face, but Jason had done his job, and it was an extremely small explanation at that. So if the guy couldn't even pay attention to it... Well, there was no hope.

He wasn't surprised that Clay, at least he knew the guy's name now, was here just for the food. He took a quick glance at the table, longing to try it and Clay's descriptions weren't helping. If only I could get to the food table... He thought, sighing internally and wishing he had eaten before coming here.

"Well, there must have been some reason they spent time and resources on it. I'm kind of excited to see what's going to come of it. Or maybe... the plant is radioactive!" He smiled a bit. He didn't really mean it but a glowing radioactive plant would still be just as interesting to him. "The food sounds good though, I've been wanting to try it since I got here. You wanting to make a second visit to the food table?" He was mostly being polite, but food was something everyone shared in common.

Strickenized

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:55 pm
Everything seemed to be going well; all around, the crowd was full of smiles and pleasant conversation. The evening chill was rolling in, giving the night a little extra winter n** to set the mood.

More information about the poinsettias was slowly being released, mostly by word of mouth and gossip. In addition to the glittering petals, it seems the texture has been attracting attention as well. The leaves have been described as being 'softer than a rabbit's fur', and despite the winter chill it appears as though the flowers are still warm.

Around the largest display, a speak was eagerly repeating the same few facts about this new poinsettia--it was recently listed as a new breed, a hybrid plant (though she was avoiding giving too much information and seemed to be rambling on about scientific facts that she knew the general populace wouldn't understand), and more importantly--for sale.

That's right! Every VIP ticket will go away with a free plant, and for an additional ten dollars, the general public can have their very own Winter Star! All proceeds will, of course, go towards maintaining the Gardens and the research of existing and new plants. The speaker seemed particularly invested in letting the crowd know that this is the only place to get such a marvelous plant, and you should try to buy one as soon as possible--these plants are available, first come-first serve, and will not be sold after this event!

There is already a line to make purchases (limit, two per person, apparently); you will receive a receipt and a ticket stub with each purchase. A ticket stub can be exchanged at any of the stalls set up with individuals, planted poinsettias, to ensure you can enjoy your evening without carting around one of these rare beauties.

Overall, the mood seems pleasant; it might be a trick of the eye, but the more people that gather, the more the poinsettias seem to sparkle.

Then again, it might just be all those cameras flashing!  

Destiny City
Crew

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm
Jeremy

Jeremy gave both boys a judgmental look and released them; they weren't at each other's throats, so this wasn't like most fights he was breaking up these days.

They were just kids being kids, probably.

When the man slid up next to him, he instinctively took the card and gave it a quick look over. Though the man was gone before Jeremy could reply, he wasn't shy about flashing it to the two boys. "--And, look at that. Legal advice. Unaccompanied minors, destruction of property." He clucked his tongue. "Looks like you guys could be in a lot of trouble if you caught this attorney's eye, too."

He held onto the card, but leaned back a little, taking on a slightly more relaxed stance. "Look, I'm sure we can overlook a little fooling around, but if you don't want to be here, leave. What were you trying to do, anyway, knock over the tree?"

Jeremy glanced up at the poinsettias, but all he could think about was the plate of food he'd reluctantly abandoned.

"...Why don't you both be good sports, shake hands, and stay away from each other if you can't play nice, huh? Or," he gestured to the buffet. "Go eat something and pretend like you give a damn about the flowers. Somebody worked hard to grow them, so even if you don't appreciate them, don't mess them up. Got it?"

kuropeco
unoderi
kitomyx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:13 pm
Caelum Dawson || Trying to keep his cool

Caelum wasn't sure if he should get on his knees and grovel or try and lay all the blame on Jack because it was his plan and Caelum wanted to have nothing to do with it and he was actually a hero not some chump who goes about knocking down flowers and—

The glare he flashed in Jack's direction was a genuine this time because the teen couldn't help but want to blame him, though he had half of that to shoulder, of course. Caelum couldn't think of a rebuff then, because technically what Jack said to Jeremy was the truth. Instead, he huffily folded arms across his chest and looked away in shame. Not before a shiver ran up his spine at the prospect of legal troubles.

His dad would do more than kick his a** if attorneys were involved. His head on a pike seemed more suitable for this sort of trouble.

"L-look, it was either I was here or I was not here. This place sucks, but, like—" Caelum bit the side of his cheek. "I'd rather just shake on it, okay? 'Cause, like, I don't want to start nothing else. Food sounds better right now, anyway..."

Kitomyx

Kyuseisha no Hikari

kuropeco
mention

radish

Regal Himedere

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:43 pm
Jack Burnett - being Jack

Jack guessed Caelum's glare was genuine because unless the guy took drama classes, he doubted he could have acted so convincingly. Not that he could blame him; in fact, he expected it. But if Caelum was acting honestly, there was no way the cop would believe the act was premeditated. At least not as long as Caelum kept from mentioning that they'd had a plan, but with the way he'd seen him shudder at the mention of the attorney, Jack didn't think that would be a problem.

"Fine," he agreed, sticking out his hand with what appeared to be great reluctance. Silently, he continued to wonder what had brought the pink-haired kid here as well as what seemed to be making him stay. Perhaps he'd get a chance to ask later. But in the meantime, maybe he could lighten the tension between them.

He turned to the cop with a sly little smirk. "Hey, mister...you and I both know that guy couldn't get us arrested even if he'd wanted. I mean at worst, we'd be put in a detention facility, but don't you think he just wanted an excuse?" Jack nodded toward the card the well-dressed man had given.

"To flirt with you, I mean. Show off, give you his number along with an excuse to call him...heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been following you around the whole night waiting for an opportunity to slip you his card. Did you see that grin he gave you?" He peered into the crowd in the direction the man had disappeared. "Judging by how fast he left, probably likes playing hard-to-get, too."

Unoderi
Kyuseisha no Hikari
kuropeco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:24 pm
Jeremy

Jeremy's lip twitched and he eyed Jack with a look of annoyance. "...You like pushing buttons, kid, don't you?"

He crossed his arms over his chest, pocketing the card. "And you've got a pretty wild imagination to boot. Is that what you were doing with your little friend over here?" He jeered his thumb at Caellum, figuring he was by far the more well-behaved of the two "Trying to show off how badass you were by picking a fight in a flower garden? What, flirting go wrong or something? You looking for an excuse to get your hands all over him? Come onnn," he drawled.

"Anyway, it's not that attorney you have to worry about getting you arrest. It's kind of, you know," he pointed to his badge. "Me. Disorderly conduct, simple affrays--don't think I haven't charged teenagers. A record's a record, doesn't matter where they hold you."

Kitomyx
Unoderi
kuropeco

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Sirene Naiads

Romantic Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:37 pm
Nick Fox
"No, she made herself disappear but if her phone calls gave me any idea, she's within screaming distance." Nick sighed, sipping his own hot chocolate, completely forgetting it was hot and burning his own mouth. "Damn..." He cursed when he could get the hot liquid out of his mouth.

Eyes shooting over to Mercy, he flushed. "Ugh...sorry. But yea. You do have a good friend. A bit annoying when she wants something but...she means well."

Falling silent, he led them away from the center area to the 'snow' field where many of the younger members were playing.

It took him a few moments of silence before he finally spoke again. "Mercy...I'm sorry."

Torvil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:45 pm
Reynard Abney

Oh, this was a clever rose. Rey could certainly appreciate that, and he offered a bow, every inch the formal gentleman as he smiled at the pretty blue-eyed woman, offering to take her hand if she so chose. "Charmed, Miss Wiley. Reynard Abney, at your service - and the pretty rosebud hiding behind me is my sister, Cherish."

Well, alright, she wasn't exactly hiding, but it was close enough, and maybe this way he could get his shyer sibling to make a new friend or two herself. Just... ah.... probably not this one. Not if he was going to woo her all night long, after all!

Albert Wiley

"My stealth is - " Albert began, then realized he was speaking too loudly and dropped his voice to a whisper. "My stealth is just fine, Kestrel." He returned the hug briefly, and was about to say more, but was quickly distracted from his train of thought by the small blonde making her way over.

"Kaida! I didn't expect to see you here," he greeted, spinning and catching her fingers in his own. "Kaida, this is Kestrel, my... well, not-quite niece, I suppose you could say. Kes, this is Kaida. Try not to corrupt her too much, please? I rather like her just how she is."

Christine Rose

"Hm, probably not at this place," Christine admitted, glancing around. "I don't particularly want a Christmas wedding, and they've gone a little over-the-top with holiday decorations." Squeezing Krystal's hand, she smiled at the taller woman and tugged her deeper into the garden, smiling.

"But there are lots of things here to see, and this certainly seems like a nice place, doesn't it?" A bit crowded, maybe, and definitely on the cheesy side - but all in all, not a bad place to meet Tally. Besides, how was she to know if she liked holidays until she experienced everything holiday-themed she could?

"C'mon, Tally - let's look around a little!"

NovaCracker

Das Tor

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:47 pm
Mercy Haynes
The puzzle pieces fell into place after that, Mercy didn't even have to wonder how Delilah would have gotten a hold of Nicks' number either she'd left her phone unattended with the other woman enough times to know it would have been easy enough to grab. What she didn't know, is if she wanted to thank her friend, or kick her in the shins - hard.

Guess it would depend on how things went that evening. Still, it was good to know that Delilah hadn't ditched her and that this was part of some greater plan on Delilah's part to get her in Nick's good graces.

Still... When he spoke again and apologized, she felt her heart drop and she turned her head quickly to look at him, shaking it as she started to ramble.

"No, Nick, it's fine - you have nothing to apologize for. I... Uhm... " Heat suddenly blossomed in her cheeks as she realized she had not really thought this through and her eyes immediately moved down to her shoes. "I just really like you and I was worried that I had screwed everything up after Halloween, it should be me saying sorry not you. I should have given you more space."

You couldn't rush these things, even if she wanted to.

Sirene Naiads

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:02 pm
Caelum Dawson || Losing his cool

Caelum was in on the ribbing; he felt it was well deserved even though his opinion of Jack wasn't the most pleasant then and there. Anything to knock the cop down a few pegs. He tried to hide a small grin, but when the joke was turned back on the boys, his smile dropped to one of dumbfounded incredulity.

"I— What— Uh— NO."

Caelum flushed straight to his ears as every single synapse in his brain was telling him to skedaddle. He wanted no part in this kind of joking around; if it was at the expense of someone else, sure, but his own romantic inclinations were still being worked through, thank you very much.

Unfortunately, making a break for it from the fuzz wasn't the brightest ideas then and there. Especially when he nearly took part in a crime. So, instead, he said rather salty, "I-it's not what you think, sir. I have better taste. Honestly."

Kitomyx

Kyuseisha no Hikari

kuropeco

radish

Regal Himedere

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 pm
Emily Wren Wily // Cherish Abney -- Learning something new/Trying to be a good sister

"Pleasure to meet both of you." Emily chuckled, nodding her head. And then Cherish piped up, all eyes creeping out. She seemed a nice one -- and forget the 'rare pointsettia', Cherish didn't often care who Rey was into, but this girl seemed nice, and...

"Nice to meet you too. You aren't averse to sharing Reynard, right? He's polyamorous." Cherish chirped, and gave Rey a reassuring smile. Keep this one, brother!

"So you two-- wait what's poluyamorous mean?" And Emily blinked, head tilting as Cherish giggled. Oooohhh, Rey got to TEACH!... He liked that, right?

Kestrel DeLacey - THIIIIS IS THE NIGHT

"Uncle, please. Wrenny's just a dingus -- well hey." Kes threw off a mock salute, winking to Kaida warmly. "I think I DJed at your job once or twice on gothic night. Nice to see you. This guy see the sow yet?" Kes seemed entirely unphased, and smiled, nodding.

"Oh, do either of you have VIP tickets toom or are you just cheap? Hui Jun decided to try bribing his way into my good graces with VIPs forWrenny and I. So uh. Free plant."

Crystal Lauper - Creating cavities with Christine

"They have other flowers." Crystal pointed out. "Like roses. They're just pimping the pointsettias." The larger girl sighed, then cuddled up into Christine, looking around anxiously.

"Wanna eat first? All these people are making me fidgety..."

Das Tor

Redbud-Tree

Allison Abson - Being a nerd

"We reenact various medieval hobbies, run events, the full gambit. Some even do art." Allison immediately said, then nodded.

"Tor would. They like flowers and Mom got me a book on the language of flowers, so I want a bouquet to give them to say--"

A pause, Ally listening to the speaker, and her head tilted.

"--you. Actually.. I wonder if she'd like those poinsettias. I should consider buying them one..."

Kitomyx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:29 pm
Jack Burnett - playing the game

"Uh, what taste?" the younger red-head couldn't help but ask pink-hair with a sneer, before turning back to the officer. "But seriously, ew. We're minors, sir. And again, I ask you, how am I the one at fault here when I was so obviously the victim of violence? Really, I have no idea how our justice system functions these days, flawed as it is."

He sighed and shook his head. "Speaking of flawed justice systems...that's a nice badge and all, but given that all the other people on security around here are wearing different uniforms than you are, I'd say they didn't hire the police to guard this place. Would be bad for publicity, anyway. But that would mean...you wouldn't happen to be off-duty, would you?" Jack raised his brows as if he were aghast and clicked his tongue in disapproval, shaking a finger of the hand he'd originally held out to shake with Caelum.

"Tsk tsk tsk! I'd had a higher opinion of you, officer, but someone as experienced as I thought you were wouldn't have made the mistake of showing up anywhere - let alone to a public event like this - in uniform while he's off-duty. I read an article once that even people who try to hide their uniform under civilian clothes can be sniffed out by cop-killers just like cops can sniff out wrong-doers. You could be in serious danger, and I'm talking from worse people than a couple of mischievous teenagers or an infatuated lawyer looking to stalk you."

Unoderi
Kyuseisha no Hikari

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Kailey O'Carroll

It'd been on a whim she'd caved and gone to the holiday event the garden was putting on. It was a night off for her, and someone else was still on the clock. Much to her disappointment, but with only having to spend five bucks to attend, get free food, and enjoy some pretty flowers... why not? She'd even dressed up a little, just for the hell of it... ok and for the sake of various Snapchats and photos and texts she was sending just to annoy specific people. A turtleneck, sleeveless dress clung to her figure before the cloth danced around her dark stockinged legs, rhinestones glittering across her dress in a pattern like comets and tails. High heels clicked merrily as she moved about, the only shocks of color in her otherwise black--and glittery rhinestone--attire being the red ribbon choker at her throat and the cream colored wool mini jacket. She'd even pulled her hair back into a high ponytail, another red ribbon holding everything back, leaving a few tendrils of red and black to curl around her face.

But it was fun to dress up, and even more so knowing the photos were very effective at their job. But she wasn't there to spend her whole time on her phone. She marveled a bit at the new flowers, finding them rather charming. Hearing that they could even buy some interested her, definitely, figuring it would be cute to keep in her apartment, and would make a fun gift, if she could figure out who might like it more. But that line....

She winced, figuring she'd just uh... wait a bit, instead wandering towards some of the flowers in question, moving near a kid with red hair. She whistled softly at the sight of the glowing petals, brow lifting a bit. "Has anything said why the flowers are glowing like that?" Kailey looked towards the person she was standing near, not finding an issue in just... striking up a conversation.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

-----

Eva Denman

She'd been marking down the days in her digital calendar. Her multi-colored hair pulled back in a tight bun, leaving little ringlets to curl around her face, pearls glinting from pins keeping her hair in place, and at her throat, ears, and wrist. A red dress clung to her figure down past her knees where the material fluffed out a bit, heart-shaped neckline cutting deep and fully accentuating, with a slight puff to the shoulders and short sleeves keeping in theme with the 40s vibe. A shimmering slender black belt matched the black heels she wore, though most of her attire was covered by the cozy black coat she wore.

In one hand was a small black clutch along with the little bag of various sponsored items, and in the other... well, she had one arm currently linked with a tall Brit whom she kept sending bright smiles. "I know I've said it far too many times already, but thank you for agreeing to come with me." Eva had stepped pretty far over the boundary of a sales clerk and a customer-client when she'd approached Tobias about the tickets her boss had given some of his employees. VIP tickets--of all things... well, gifts to encourage people to continue their hard work in the rather opulent industry, she supposed--to the Holiday Extravaganza, and while plants weren't her favorite thing--if there'd been a big affair at the aquarium, on the other hand...--well. How could she pass up the chance? After all, she did happen to have an extra and no one else to accompany her...

Not that the anxious flutter in her stomach and uneasy tightness in her chest hadn't been worth it, mind you. On multiple levels. The garden looked beautiful, and she let out a small gasp at the winter wonderland they'd constructed. "Oh those igloos are so cute," she giggled, pointing them out as her nose wrinkled a bit in delight as she laughed. Oh but the poinsettias... No, Eva wasn't big into flora and fauna above the water's surface, but these were gorgeous.

"Oh, did you hear that?" She peeked towards where a woman was going on about how some of the beautiful glowing flowers would be up for sale--oh and they'd get a free plant with each of their VIP tickets! Wonderful! "Do we need to stand in those lines to get a ticket stub to claim a plant though? Or just show someone at one of the stalls our tickets?" She definitely would be taking one! They were so pretty, and glowed. "Do you think we're going to start seeing Christmas decorations around the city in the form of glowing plants? That'd be rather cute, and probably more energy efficient."

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 pm
Kit Paine - getting more interested

"Yeah? That's awesome! Reminds me of the renaissance festivals I used to go to with my family," Kit commented. "My sister in particular loved them. I'll have to look you guys up sometime, then. 'SCA', right? What does that stand for?"

He nodded as he listened to her mention that someone named Tor liked flowers and that her mom had gotten her a book on the language of them. But then she paused to listen to the speaker talk about how the Winter Stars were being sold to attendees of the event.

"You think so?" he asked, gazing at the poinsettias from afar. "Even though the leaves are the ones mistaken for the flowers most of the time? I wonder if they have a meaning among the language of the flowers."

NovaCracker

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:46 pm
Jeremy

Jeremy raised a brow, a mixture of moderately amused, and moderately annoyed. The pink-haired kid was definitely the better kid, and he couldn't help but crack the slightest grin when he mentioned 'taste'.

Of course, then there was this other kid.

"Cop-killer, huh?" he prompted, eyes suddenly wide. His mouth twisted into an O-shape, as if aghast. It was nothing but facetious. "Oh, no! Because--you know--flower parties really attract the crazies, am I right?" He waited or a second and then tilted his head back and laughed before clapping Jack on the back.

"You're annoying, kid, and I'm not stupid. 'Victim of Violence', I'm sure. If you ran your mouth like this to him, I've half a mind to say you deserved what you got. And if you keep running your mouth like this, I might just turn around so he can do it again." He shrugged, planting his hands on his hips. "So, while I'm sure you're really so concerned about someone trying to off me, why don't you leave worrying about that to me, and why don't you focus on minding your manners."

Unoderi
Kitomyx

Past Events Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas