Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nakokoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:13 am
Saga
*proceeds to laugh at nekokoi*
are you laughing at my really old sig or my choice in comics?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:48 am
shocktv3
i dont own a tablet, but ive used one on a couple occassions in the labs at school. i dint get overly familiar with it but i wasnt too thrilled either while using the contraption. for the moment, i have to say that i prefer my mouse over it.

he's brown n i named him jerry. i moved him into a little hole in my wall & i havent seen him since..

eek You don't have a tablet?!! How the frell do you do work that great with a mouse?

Oh, and for mouses, I suggest optical, as roll-ball mouses tend to get clogged, and therefore juddery in the way they move.  

Lucca Ashtear

Saga
Vice Captain

2,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:35 pm
nekokoi

Just laughing at the way you said how people change their sigs every time. But I like your siggy. I see why you don't change it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:38 pm
Lucca Ashtear
Oh, and for mouses, I suggest optical, as roll-ball mouses tend to get clogged, and therefore juddery in the way they move.

They get dirty easily. But mines never get juddery, it gets badly clogged, but a little cleaning always help. 3nodding  

Saga
Vice Captain

2,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

nakokoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:35 pm
Saga
nekokoi

Just laughing at the way you said how people change their sigs every time. But I like your siggy. I see why you don't change it. 3nodding
i really like it too, though it's a bit pointless, as the thread's pretty much dead. mostly i dunno what to do next..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:49 pm
Pigeon4
I have an order for an avatar laying in a bed with the little Z's coming off and then a dream bubble comes up (it'll be a gif if you haven't figured that out yet) and shows the avatar in the bed kissing another avatar. I think I can manange to draw the 2 kissing, but I'm definately not good enough to redraw the one laying in a bed.

So, here's my question. Anyway to rotate the avatar into a sleeping postion without it looking too crappy? I have Photoshop 7 if that helps.

[Pigeon4]

STKMisu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:04 pm
TouRin
Which is better to shade with: dodge/burn or paintbrush with lighter/darker colors?

Oh and, I dunno if this is just me, but does anyone else do the basic outline of the clothes on one layer and then color on a new? ninja I only do it cause I'm afraid of screwing up the lines. *has been using oekaki with a 18 undo limit and only two layers for too long*

I use the painting method. Dodge/burn are way too heavy (even though my style of colouring is very heavy/oily).

As for the layering method I use... I outline on one layer, base colour on a lower layer, then I shadow on a top layer, and finally I highlight on another top layer. Most of my edits have tons of layers by the time I've finished with them. I know that I have not broken the 50 layer mark... yet.

I change my methods sometimes. If I know exactly what I'm doing, or I get lazy, I colour and shade on one layer. For hair, I usually use the two layer method, but sometimes I'll go for three or four layers.

However, my saved raw files rarely ever have all the different layers (I keep several copies: raw files, and then a couple merged files for background, text, and/or animation work). As the layers accumulate, I usually merge a couple here and there, especially after finishing pieces off.
Layers are helpful when you like to tweak your work a lot. Especially when keeping lines and colours seperate. That way, you can control the heaviness of the lines without messing up the colours.

ooh.. I just had an idea to illustrate this.... I'll create it later.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:44 am
a question from x-23 moved from the link listings to here:

X-23
I have a stupid question, how do you save the edit from the shoutpad site?

shocktv3

nakokoi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:49 am
i press the [prt scn sys rq] button above backspace to screencap, then paste it into paint.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:05 pm
Hey, I'm not a member of this guild but am really wanting to get into avatar editing and art. I had a couple questions on like what sytems do you think are good to use and other equipment.  

Ulmer Rashid

3,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kuroi Kenkaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:46 pm
Ulmer
Hey, I'm not a member of this guild but am really wanting to get into avatar editing and art. I had a couple questions on like what sytems do you think are good to use and other equipment.

I believe most users here use Photoshop 7 and above, and MS Paint. And lots of experiments and practice.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:22 am
Ok, thanks! biggrin  

Ulmer Rashid

3,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

shocktv3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:26 pm
*shines a white light over the council floor*

xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:45 pm