AE Council -- Editing Q&A Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shocktv3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:34 pm
AE Council Q&A

a place where editors can help other editors.

if you have a question about Avatar Editing, whether it be about technique, tools & software, or other more general questions, post here and someone will try to help u out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:35 pm
i love desk.

heart  

shocktv3

Vorty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:41 pm
Excellent!

My question to the fray: Which direction do you prefer to have your ava facing when you edit? I actually find it easier to have the lightsource from the top-left... how about you, shock?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:44 pm
yep i prefer the light from the upper left as well.. wid my avatar facin right.. i had a grand time fixin up my konohamaru edit's helm cuzza that fact. well, that, and the fact that his head is turned the other way from his body sweatdrop  

shocktv3

maulie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:13 pm
how important do you think it is to have the light source of your edit the same as the one in the avatar's eyes?

just asking because i think i've gotten away with not matching them before whee .  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:37 pm
hmm.. i dont think any of mine match maulie xp  

shocktv3

maulie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:44 pm
whoa really? lol :3 .  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:42 pm
I prefer to do my edit with the avatar facing the left of the screen, for some reason. Probably because my first edit was done like that.

For light source, I usually follow whatever the base had (for now - I'll end up experimenting now that the idea's crossed my path and changing the source for challenge). As for eyes, I usually like to make my own if I can (or have the will to do so) - I doubt the light sources match up between the eyes and the rest of my edits. sweatdrop  

STKMisu

Explicit Rave

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:52 pm
I have edits facing both left and right. xp I never pay attention to that... that's why my edits are all messy. YoY  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:22 pm
yeah, the gaia eyes don't match the lightsource... if I was doing my own, I'd probably keep them like that. But most of the time I leave the eyes alone, it kinda keeps the authenticity of the avatar, if you know what I mean?  

Vorty

Shaolin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:41 pm
Motoko_chan
I have edits facing both left and right. xp I never pay attention to that... that's why my edits are all messy. YoY
Ditto Motoko-chan @_@  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:16 am
yes i usually leave the eyes unchanged as well to keep that gaian freshness to my edits blaugh unless of course, the occassion calls for it, like with buu:

User Image  

shocktv3

Vorty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:45 pm
mmm, too right, shock. some eyes do need to be changed...

*waves his bremen edit at you*

blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:48 pm
haha goodstuff vorty  

shocktv3

Tyran Brandywine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:50 pm
I know this is a lil stretch for stuff to be asking about, but how does everyone here who sells their edits, determine prices for them?

My personal rule has been not to charge less than 500g. Because if a noob can raise that much for a trading pass, its worth at minimum the price for work/time from an artist/avvy editor.......... At first I didnt know how much to charge for mine, but I watched what other avvy editor's sold theirs for, and left alot of prices to the decision of the patrons that came by my shop to figure out what people were willing to pay.
(I did and do charge less than all of that, but that's just cuz of my knowledge how economies really do work >_> )

Editors Resources & Help Desk

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff